Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPL] Gold Pressed Latinum v3.0 New chain.  (Read 44634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
vampirus (OP)

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:21:34 PM

Soon I create new coin based on latest SCIFI codebase. Pure PoS with rebranding,
 to remove copyright problems that was with Gold Pressed Latinum name.

Was there any problems with the name? Paramount seems to be rather relaxed about community projects (like with Star Wreck for instance)

We want leave GPL as coin for fun or use for real trading in internet?

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lyno

Activity: 150
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:48:50 PM

Soon I create new coin based on latest SCIFI codebase. Pure PoS with rebranding,

Was there any problems with the name? Paramount seems to be rather relaxed about community projects (like with Star Wreck for instance)

IMHO the name is what makes GPL special, without it it would be just one of countless altcoins.
Benabe

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:06:22 PM

The wallet is rescanning but has been at it forever. Is this normal? This would be the longest rescan I have
ever had.
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:57:08 PM

The wallet is rescanning but has been at it forever. Is this normal? This would be the longest rescan I have
ever had.
Yes, for GPL it is normal very long rescan, because algo Scrypt-Jane not fast.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Cryptoid

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:25:06 PM

IMHO the name is what makes GPL special, without it it would be just one of countless altcoins.

Agreed, I only bought it because of the name and branding.
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:58:37 PM

OK, leave name as is.
Some new chain parameters:
scrypt algo with only PoS blocks (some PoW blocks at start until first PoS block.)
No pos rate - see BUK2
PoS reward 1 coin
Block time 5 min
288 coins per day, exactly as now.
Min stake 7 days, max weight 21 days.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
lyno

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:52:47 PM

As much as i like Scrypt-Jane (low energy / low GPU temperature / no NiceHash), POS only while keeping GPL a rare coin sounds like a good idea to me, fitting the GPL theme.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 12:05:22 PM

Why do you want to change it yet again?

The hardfork you just released isn't even in effect yet.

Since folks in the Galactic Milieu use GPL, I have it set up in Stellar network so players can trade it, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/gpl/

I have set up bunch of such things in both Stellar and HORIZON, links branch from the root page of http://makemoney.knotwork.com

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:23:27 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 02:25:22 PM by vampirus

Why do you want to change it yet again?

The hardfork you just released isn't even in effect yet.

Since folks in the Galactic Milieu use GPL, I have it set up in Stellar network so players can trade it, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/gpl/

I have set up bunch of such things in both Stellar and HORIZON, links branch from the root page of http://makemoney.knotwork.com

-MarkM-

1. GPL on scrypt-jane, work very slow and take many CPU recourses.
2. pure PoS coin more protected from 51% attack
3. pure PoS coin more protected from miners dump price, from GPL, QBT, KED in GPL price drop very fast.
4. with new codebase and fresh chain easy add GPL to any exchange or return to Cryptopia.

About coin swap:
I will not destroy old GPL chain, if someone want continue mining, trading or add GPL to exchange - it is good.
New ticker on exchanges for new chain will be GPL2.
Every user of GPL receive GPL2 for free, see how it works in BUK2 or BottleCapsPlus.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
igorsantos

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:01:37 PM

Is there any possibility of listing-there in binance?
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:18:28 PM

Is there any possibility of listing-there in binance?
Can you support 20 BTC daily volume trading GPL for binance? And pay big money for listing?

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:12:57 PM

Because of delisting GPL from Cryptopia, we will make coin swap Nov 10, 2018.
New chain with only PoS minting. Just consolidate all yours GPL to 1-5 addresses with balance more 100 GPL in own wallet.
Nov 10, 2018 I take snapshot from GPL rich list and send current balances in new chain from premine.
Only balances 100 GPL and more will be send. You need dump private keys in old GPL wallet and then import them in new GPL2 wallet.
If you not withdraw GPL from Cryptopia before Nov 8, you may lost all GPL.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Lebrond

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:25:44 PM

As much as i like Scrypt-Jane (low energy / low GPU temperature / no NiceHash), POS only while keeping GPL a rare coin sounds like a good idea to me, fitting the GPL theme.

For the GPL, I'm still unfamiliar with that. The problem with this coin is too technical for erengi like me. It must be profitable, it is difficult to understand coins that are not very profitable but we must keep trying for this ..
Cryptoid

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:54:05 PM

For the GPL, I'm still unfamiliar with that. The problem with this coin is too technical for ferengi like me. It must be profitable, it is difficult to understand coins that are not very profitable but we must keep trying for this ..

3rd rule of acquisition, buy low, silly ferengi...
lyno

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:36:49 AM

Because of delisting GPL from Cryptopia, we will make coin swap Nov 10, 2018.
New chain with only PoS minting. Just consolidate all yours GPL to 1-5 addresses with balance more 100 GPL in own wallet.
Nov 10, 2018 I take snapshot from GPL rich list and send current balances in new chain from premine.
Only balances 100 GPL and more will be send. You need dump private keys in old GPL wallet and then import them in new GPL2 wallet.
If you not withdraw GPL from Cryptopia before Nov 8, you may lost all GPL.

Consolidating is important! Made that mistake with Spread/Helium, now i have to deal with hundreds if addresses  Embarrassed
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:20:54 AM

GPL2 created and tested. https://github.com/scificrypto/GoldPressedLatinum2
Wait for snapshot, and distribution Nov 10. Then create control point and release GoldPressedLatinum.exe

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
paramjit89

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:43:11 AM

hi can anyone please tell me who i can install GPL wallet for MAC .. i want to transfer my GPL from cryptopia
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:04:13 AM

hi can anyone please tell me who i can install GPL wallet for MAC .. i want to transfer my GPL from cryptopia

install VirtualBox for Mac OSX - https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

download win 8.1 ISO from PirateBay, and you can run Win 8.1 inside your MAC

install GPL wallet for windows inside your virtual machine

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
annapapo

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:13:41 PM

What is the point of this foolish swap?  It doesn't matter if it's GPL or GPL2.  It's just totally worthless junk if it's not on an exchange, and you already conceded that you can't get it on any big exchange like Binance.  I suggested trying to get GPL on Yobit, and you haven't addressed that yet.  Yobit has thousands of junk coins floating around on their site, so give that a try before you go swapping bad garbage for bad garbage.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:25:17 PM

What is the point of this foolish swap?  It doesn't matter if it's GPL or GPL2.  It's just totally worthless junk if it's not on an exchange, and you already conceded that you can't get it on any big exchange like Binance.  I suggested trying to get GPL on Yobit, and you haven't addressed that yet.  Yobit has thousands of junk coins floating around on their site, so give that a try before you go swapping bad garbage for bad garbage.

Steady on there "newbie", this "piece of garbage" has had a good run for over 2 years, and many of us are enjoying mining it.
It was unfortunate that cryptopia decided to de-list, perhaps if we had trade a little more we could have prevented it, who knows

But here's the thing about open source, decentralised crypto...
If you dont like how a coin is being handled, then either fix it yourself, or go find another out of the 10,000 coins that you do like.
No one is forcing you to mine this coin.

As for the "worthless junk if it's not on an exchange"
hmm, let me think...how long was it before Bitcoin went on an exchange, and did it also have issues....hmmm, oh thats right, its still having issues....

Again, being decentralised, hows about YOU getting it listed an an exchange of YOUR liking....you clearly know about YOBIT, so you request it...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: