Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slack and/or Email notifications for orders that trigger from Exchanges  (Read 1395 times)
rmtodd618 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:02:04 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 02:30:27 AM by rmtodd618

This was created because a group of us got tired of checking Poloniex and Bitfinex for if our orders hit. If you would like to be instantly notified so you dont have to have a browser open all the time and can get back to freeing up a bit more time in your life before putting in that next order this is for you. We are using mostly slack as our notification service to send to their slack channel when an order has hit. The nice part as Slack can also be on your phone so you can be traveling and be notified when your orders hit. If you would like to participate at no cost and help tell us what new features you would want all we would need is the following info for either type of notification:
 SLACK:
     exchange={exchange name} Currently Poloniex or Bitfinex
     api_key={api key that is READONLY} \
     secret_key={api key secret} \
     slack_URL={Slackurl}
 OR EMAIL:
     exchange={exchange name} \
     api_key={api key that is READONLY} \
     secret_key={api key secret} \
     email_address={Notification Email Address} \
If you dont have Slack and would want one created for you we can do that to as we would be creating one strictly for this project. If you are also feeling uncomfortable of posting it on here just send me a private message.
Thanks
Have question email us at contact@cryptonotify.com
UPDATE(www.cryptonotify.com) almost up and running so you can spin up on your own
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:07:50 PM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but with the API and secret key, you can pretty much do anything on their account.
rmtodd618 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:06:01 AM

You can create Read only APIs. That is what I am wanting. I will update the title to specify that. Thanks
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:22:06 AM

can you guys can send notification to our email? Like bitfinex have that function but not in polo. If it is free i would like to give a try.

rmtodd618 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:55:49 AM

Ok, I think we can add that change in. We will work on adding that piece tomorrow. Thanks.
rmtodd618 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:21:17 AM

We have email working now also
tkkdm

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:40:54 AM

Have created a Docker container where you don't have to give up any info to a 3rd party.

https://github.com/mkuendig/polo-notify

Is a simple python script, open source and runs locally or in a cloud container service. I use google cloud platform with Kubernetes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: