Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:10:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin+Paypal=death of fiat  (Read 2977 times)
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:25:28 PM

We still need fiat. When we sell or bitcoin, where does it go? Where is it transfered to? We can't just sell it to thin air. Once you think about it, Bitcoin actually makes Fiat stronger. It gives it more flexibility to earn it. Once you take btc to Fiat, that's it. You're done. They have the right to tax it, and so on.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:26:10 PM

Hamuki I challenge you to do your grocery shopping every day for a week with your Xapo debit card and I will do mine with my bank debit card and at the end of the week we will compare who has spent more on colossally stupid fees and I am 101% sure that would not be me. We are all Bitcoin users but don't be overzealous over Bitcoin please.

Btw my debit card has $0 annual fee and it costs $0 to be issued  Grin

That's true...
But combining it with PayPal doesn't make any sense because PayPal have their own terms of service, and the worst thing I feel about them is, they charge a lot and there is a disadvantage for sellers called "chargebacks"...
Due to this, I am with Bitcoins alone, and BTC alone is better than PayPal...
And no, BTC and PayPal even together cannot fire fiat out of the world as it has been used since decades, so it isn't so easy for anything to just kick it away... It might be in the future, but that future ain't near yet...

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:30:31 PM

Well, actually PayPal is just an additional way to manage the fiat, it is not as revolutionary as the bitcoin concept, in that case I would think that neteller is even more advantageous than PayPal,  but everyone is free to choose his preferred fiat-based payment system.
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:17:27 AM

I hate PayPal's high fees for using fiat currency. Can you imagine how much those fees will be if they ever start to accept bitcoin for transactions? You would be paying miner's fees plus theirs. There won't be anything left of your sent amount if that is the case. To high a price if you ask me.

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:18:08 AM

PayPal is a proxy for fiat. I don't get what you're saying.

If bitcoin became widely accepted, it would definitely be the end of fiat as we know it, or at least fiat will be slightly different.
CiaraB

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:31:01 AM

I got a xapo debit card because i earn Bitcoins for living.

Xapo cards? I don't think you're actually spending bitcoin with these if you can spend it at vendors that don't accept bitcoin. I think this is a case of the company basically having an amount of cash to the equivalent of you're bitcoin in an account. Sort of like buying your bitcoin as you purchase goods and services.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:20:01 AM

Hamuki I challenge you to do your grocery shopping every day for a week with your Xapo debit card and I will do mine with my bank debit card and at the end of the week we will compare who has spent more on colossally stupid fees and I am 101% sure that would not be me. We are all Bitcoin users but don't be overzealous over Bitcoin please.

Btw my debit card has $0 annual fee and it costs $0 to be issued  Grin

That's true...
But combining it with PayPal doesn't make any sense because PayPal have their own terms of service, and the worst thing I feel about them is, they charge a lot and there is a disadvantage for sellers called "chargebacks"...
Due to this, I am with Bitcoins alone, and BTC alone is better than PayPal...
And no, BTC and PayPal even together cannot fire fiat out of the world as it has been used since decades, so it isn't so easy for anything to just kick it away... It might be in the future, but that future ain't near yet...

I've been selling quite a lot on Paypal and I am yet to see a chargeback. I don't know, been a Paypal member since 2011, and people politely ask for a refund not directly request Paypal to reverse the transaction and charge you back. It depends I think. The only disadvantage is the high fees, like Paypal gets 2% of every transaction. It adds up, that's why whenever possible I request customers to pay via BTCBTCBTC.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:40:16 AM

Well, actually PayPal is just an additional way to manage the fiat, it is not as revolutionary as the bitcoin concept, in that case I would think that neteller is even more advantageous than PayPal,  but everyone is free to choose his preferred fiat-based payment system.

Bitcoin is alone capable for Death of Fiat Currency. Do not combine it with Paypal. Paypal has it own terms and conditions and they try to get benefit from the account holders just like Banks of Fiat Currency. So We only want Bitcoins and No Paypal.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:58:40 AM

Quote from: btcltccoins link=topic=1395205.msg14416306#

msg14416306 date=1459741216

Bitcoin is alone capable for Death of Fiat Currency. Do not combine it with Paypal. Paypal has it own terms and conditions and they try to get benefit from the account holders just like Banks of Fiat Currency. So We only want Bitcoins and No Paypal.

However with or without PayPal nothing is gonna take fiat towards death. Only a very small percentage is now using bitcoin and the majority is using fiat.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:35:05 AM

Paypal = centralized, chargeback, link to credit cards/bank account, extremely high fee & unfavourable exchange rates
Bitcoin = decentralized, no-chargeback,  no backed/linked to any bank or organization, low fee and no exchange rate!

The only way Paypal going to adopt Bitcoin is to change their policies and way of working. However, this will mean that their are not going to make tons of money by charging high fee and exchange rates- these are exactly how Paypal makes money.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:52:05 AM

Bitcoin has no need for Paypal and is much better being a decentralized cryptocurrency which has no overlooking authority. Paypal have their stupid terms and conditions, lots of charge back happens there, so yeah Bitcoin don't need Paypal at all.
Alekseenko/Vlad

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:27:26 AM

Bitcoin of course
bigs21024

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:52:40 AM

I think it would be much better if the title was: BTCitcoin + BTCitcoin debit/credit cards = death of fiat. Other monetary systems, somehow still operate on fiat (directly) so can't put in the category as BTCitcoin in which in some ways (only indirectly in most ways) involves fiat. In future, were not going to get rid of fiat (physical cash) but other modern ways will be widely used instead (like in Sweden - cash less country).
Great point

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:29:49 AM

No, even tho if Bitcoin collaborate with PayPal. That doesn't mean that we don't need fiat money anymore, because we still need it to be a physical money.

faucet used to be profitable
Aleksey.Vladlenovich

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:45:18 AM

They need each other
Jack/edisson

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:10:28 PM

PayPal still Fiat if you sell things online through your trading module, receiving salary in Bitcoin.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:35:27 PM

I like the thought of this but i think it is still to expensive even tho the annual fee is waived in the 1st year.  Correct me if i am wrong also but do Xapo not still control the private keys here, abit like coinbase?  If they do then technically you may be out from under the banks but are now under Xapo  Embarrassed
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:58:38 PM

They need each other
What makes you say that they need each other? In what way or at what capacity?
I am not seeing what you are saying with that remark. It might be because you are a newbie member you don't really care for the topic being discussed. Fortunely there are many here who take this discussion seriously.

quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:35:12 PM

I got a xapo debit card because i earn Bitcoins for living and it allows me to use my wallet instantly everywhere. It was a big revolution in my life because i am not under any bank bs anymore. The second factor for me is Paypal: i use it with all my international customers and yeah...i put gasoline in my car with Paypal too! Now...now...if only that formerly xapo guy is really in some Paypal button room and is really doing his job....i think if that happens would be a massive run from fiat all over the world...whatcha think?
its possible,i think in the future we will face different century,its different from some section,we would have different payment system,different vechile,different digital device and different technology. and at that time bitcoin or paypal have possibility to replace or make fiat death. i'm not sure about that,it just my opinion.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: