Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:23:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People mocking of me for using Bitcoin  (Read 6035 times)
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:07:24 PM

People will continue making fun till they enter and take part in discussion and understand the value of bitcoin. Just we need to be patient and do the best possible for the growth of bitcoin.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sachung

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:11:08 PM

Have you told them history of bitcoin? How it basically went from 0 to $1000 in couple years?
The story of every Ponzi scheme ever?
Isn't this situation likely to repeat itself?
No. Otherwise it would make sense to invest in every crypto ever. Every coin has gone from being worth nothing to being worth something (an infinite increase in value).
You don't have be blind bitcoin follower [...]
You pretty much do.
Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme for not having a system controlling it or someone benefiting constantly from it, I don't think you can compare it to even them, it may not rise massively in price like it did but I don't see why it will fall in price for no reason as well.
bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:18:14 PM

Have you told them history of bitcoin? How it basically went from 0 to $1000 in couple years?
The story of every Ponzi scheme ever?
Isn't this situation likely to repeat itself?
No. Otherwise it would make sense to invest in every crypto ever. Every coin has gone from being worth nothing to being worth something (an infinite increase in value).
You don't have be blind bitcoin follower [...]
You pretty much do.
Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme for not having a system controlling it or someone benefiting constantly from it, I don't think you can compare it to even them, it may not rise massively in price like it did but I don't see why it will fall in price for no reason as well.

>not a ponzi scheme for not having a system controlling it or someone benefiting constantly from it
Sure it's a Ponzi. BTC hodlers benefit by roping in clueless marks convincing friends & family that gambling on investing in Bitcoin is a really smart idea.
Perhaps a distributed, p2p Ponzi, but a Ponzi nevertheless Smiley
rahmawati6718

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:34:17 PM

try to tell others how Bitcoin will conquer the world and you rich is totally dumb and embarrassing.This will definitely make people laugh and believe you're a joke and can not be taken seriously.

Just explain in simple terms what it is and what ti can do.And then demonstrate it. This has always given me best feedback.
kuntulu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:01:31 PM

try to tell others how Bitcoin will conquer the world and you rich is totally dumb and embarrassing.This will definitely make people laugh and believe you're a joke and can not be taken seriously.

Just explain in simple terms what it is and what ti can do.And then demonstrate it. This has always given me best feedback.

am trying to refrain myself from saying things like 'Bitcoin will go to the moon' because it sounds ridiculous to whoever you are trying to explain Bitcoin to.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:09:29 PM

am trying to refrain myself from saying things like 'Bitcoin will go to the moon' because it sounds ridiculous to whoever you are trying to explain Bitcoin to.

I feel the same Sad
It's not good, really, to become overexcited in the front of people who don't understand Bitcoin.
If you try to explain them that Bitcoin is the best thing happened in your life, something revolutionary what can change the world, and help a lot people financially, even replace paper money etc.
People will think that you are crazy and stop listen.
So, netter not say top much but share little by little with people who may be able to understand.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 04:16:42 PM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
I personally don't know how to respond in most cases honestly , I just believe bitcoin will become successful .
My friends never mock me whenever I mention anything about Bitcoin, how great is the Bitcoin as a digital currency. Instead, they always said, "I'll think about it." or something similar to that. It is common when people thought that Bitcoin is a joke. At least, you are here and trust Bitcoin. Move on and start a new conversation, avoid mentioning about Bitcoin to them anymore.

Life sucks.
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:21:24 PM

try to tell others how Bitcoin will conquer the world and you rich is totally dumb and embarrassing.feedback.
I saw many reactions were positive and people were really interested because every smart man can smell money when he first time meets BTC this is not secret. massively adoption is around the corner! Not because people like to experiment but because people do not like the feeling that they are too late.
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:53:00 PM

My friends also mocking me sometimes but i don't care about them. I know what i am doing and also i know what i want so i recommend it to you too.

Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:40:43 PM

Just tell thr truth about bitcoin but if you already added it with some of your stupid speculation thats the time it will ruin you. Dont add something that is not true
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:53:05 PM

People are mocking of everything that they ignore it. So be patient with them, and understand their ignorance, they know almost anything true about this powerful crypto currency, try to explain them how it works and the great features of this currency
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:52:50 AM

When I talk to friends or family about bitcoin, I generally don't bring up what I think the price will do.  This always leads to them mocking or thinking I am crazy, even though it is my belief and I don't judge them for the investments they make.

Instead, I mostly stay towards the positive attributes about bitcoin, and why it could be so successful.  Things like instant money changing and cheap fees to send money anywhere in the world are topics I generally hit upon.  This type of speaking usually has them agreeing with me and wanting to know more.

Honestly, it doesn't even matter what I say to my family/friends what, or how I think Bitcoin will become a major success.  How they see things is that you have to have something physical in your hand for it to be "valuable".  Also, my family tends to really frown upon me wanting to use a "one world" currency, because they believe its a sign of the rapture happening (family is very religious).

Any who, I tend to just end the argument to "agree to disagree" and move on.  They know how I feel about being liberated from the confines of central banks, and while they generally agree with me when I put it in perspective for them they just generally don't care or are scared that God will smite them (and me) for using "cryptotokens".

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:04:25 AM

people may mock for using bitcoin... just don't take them into account.. because i know the value bitcoin and the technology  used...
mynameisdon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:54:52 AM

Actually not with me when i describes someone about btc 95 of 100 become interested.everyone love it's rate flexibility.

one thing is mostly true i want to put here-

"IF SOMEONE MOCK YOU BY USING BITCOIN OR THEY LOUGH ON IT,THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW TECHNICALLY BITCOIN."
because its technical knowledge is very interesting and specified.
but yet someone mock you for using bitcoin give them my contact. Grin

mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:02:12 AM

Even my computer science professor was extremely sceptic and thought it's just a scam and use by criminals until I hold a 30 minute presentation about history of money, internet and crypto currencies.
yes because they don't know what bitcoin is actually.
they also don't know what is behind bitcoin and what its structure,why it was developed, why its on trade.
if your professor will know that he will automatically start loving bitcoin. so don't tell everyone directly bitcoin just say how and why its was developed.
thats all i think.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:03:57 AM

people may mock for using bitcoin... just don't take them into account.. because i know the value bitcoin and the technology  used...
I'm fairly confident that at least some of the people that mock him (or others) at least partially know the value and technology behind Bitcoin, so I wouldn't write them off just yet.

There is the potential that most of them have no idea what they're saying, but I would doubt it.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:14:15 AM

yeah tell them should be the basis of advance. if you say that bitcoin will dominate the world and replace fiat. the ridicule of those who will you receive.
give a rational reason and real reason today as 1 bitcoin prices that reached $ 400. definitely they will be amazed and interested
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:35:10 AM

You should tell them that they must also use it. Because they think that it is really bad and that you only will lose some money, but that is not true.
I hope later that there will be more people that are also going to use it later and that they have also some good profit.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:20:19 PM

Me too.I receive some mocking from my friends and famiky when i came to them and talk about bitcoin and what i am doing.They are saying that im just wasting my time and effort in using bitcoins.Because they are beleiving that there is no money when it comes to online.They believe that all things online including  bitcoin is just a scam or a future scam.Thats why they are mocking me when i talk about bitcoin.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:27:16 PM

it's very common. I get it every time I explained to them about bitcoin. but when I showed what I can get out of bitcoin, one time they fell silent. they were embarrassed and then said "that I was a very intelligent person".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: