Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:33:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People mocking of me for using Bitcoin  (Read 6035 times)
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:40:37 AM

I think it's because other people are still new about cryptocurrency.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 06:04:38 AM

We are also, only after spending some time around the discussions going on in our forum the people around us will stop mocking.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:08:03 AM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
I personally don't know how to respond in most cases honestly , I just believe bitcoin will become successful .

Just smile and tell them that people laughed at cars, electricity, light bulbs, home computers, email, and the internet when they started too... and if it was not an important technology, banks and Wall Street investors would not be investing in it and governments would not be discussing, debating, and creating laws concerning it.

Say that, yes, it's certainly a risk, but a manageable risk, becasue you're not placing all your eggs into one basket, like any wise investor acts concerning new investment opportunities and new technology that comes along... and you have chosen to be on the bleeding edge. If it takes off, you'll be set for life.
rio3233

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:09:07 AM

Yes you right, and also people don't know how bitcoins works and how much the rates for 1 bitcoin. I also have experience about that. it's hard to introduce bitcoin to people who don't understand about bitcoin.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:17:33 AM

So many people are skeptical of Bitcoin and because it receives a lot of bad press re money laundering and it's more darker side uses, it conjures up ideas of a para economy and black market scenario which breeds this kind of contempt. I would just tell them that it's a fairly new idea and that you are riding the trend. No point going into details when people have a negative mindset. You just work your way up accumulating Bitcoin until with great actions you can just prove them wrong. Also you don't need to justify yourself to anyone, do your own thing and let them laugh away.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
trenchflaint

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:46:43 AM

Yes you right, and also people don't know how bitcoins works and how much the rates for 1 bitcoin. I also have experience about that. it's hard to introduce bitcoin to people who don't understand about bitcoin.

Its really hard to explain to people if they are not interested and just trolls you, eventually when bitcoin is mainstream then maybe you can mock them back.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:17:05 AM

Its really hard to explain to people if they are not interested and just trolls you, eventually when bitcoin is mainstream then maybe you can mock them back.

maybe you guys are doing it wrong.
i have been talking about bitcoin and introducing it to the people around me for around two years and have never encountered someone who ends up trolling me, or laughs at the matter.
you gotta stick to the facts and stay away from any speculation like bitcoin will be worth $10K or to tha moon. just state what bitcoin is currently is and what you can do with it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:40:46 PM

That the human behavior generally IMO. when they are faced with something they can't understand directly they try to mock it and make fun of it...

Not just that, sometimes people would really mock us when they saw that we are earning thru this.. Envy is a very good term I think..
I actually got 2 people very interested in Bitcoin with the allure of making fair amounts of money using the right techniques, and other people mocked us as we schemed away.

I think that envy is a really good word for that, yeah.
Dont listen to that. They hate it because they see that you can make easy money and they are jealous.
They will stop mocking at you if they are also going to use it. Because they will like it also and that will be very good.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:07:44 PM

maybe you guys are doing it wrong.
i have been talking about bitcoin and introducing it to the people around me for around two years and have never encountered someone who ends up trolling me, or laughs at the matter.
you gotta stick to the facts and stay away from any speculation like bitcoin will be worth $10K or to tha moon. just state what bitcoin is currently is and what you can do with it.

If people are bound with fiat, you can't really make them interested with virtual money, unless if you hit their curiousity or make their curiousity intensify
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:36:45 PM

The people who do not know about bitcoin can easily be redirected to this currency, just tell them that it is another currency just like other currencies and nowadays it is its time and everyone is adopting it to be benefited with it.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 05:49:02 PM

Can't understand why you react on people who mocking, if you are sure that bitcoin it's yours so doesn't metter what they say. Just keep using bitcoin.

diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:22:44 AM

Can't understand why you react on people who mocking, if you are sure that bitcoin it's yours so doesn't metter what they say. Just keep using bitcoin.

That is a very nice idea brother, don't mind them, as long as you got your bitcoin in a good way,no need to think about what they are thinking.. as long as you are not begging your bitcoin, and living to them..

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:35:47 AM

it happened with me too,my friend mocking of me because using bitcoin and i think all People will look down the things what they don't understand.

richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:31:19 AM

Consider yourself the one coming with unique ideas, When bitcoin goes mainstream they would want to listen to you...
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 10:38:54 AM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
I personally don't know how to respond in most cases honestly , I just believe bitcoin will become successful .
Well my friends mock me too. They even tease me about using bitcoin. But whenever i withdraw money through bitcoin they always ended up asking me to buy them some foods. And im getting used to it already Smiley

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
honeyhtet

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:48:44 AM

I only told few people around here about bitcoin and they have been relatively supportive, I don't know what they actually think but what they said was relatively friendly and nice.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:10:37 AM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
Well my friends mock me too. They even tease me about using bitcoin. But whenever i withdraw money through bitcoin they always ended up asking me to buy them some foods. And im getting used to it already Smiley
Dont listen to them and they think that is unsafe or something wrong. But you know that it is very good and that many people use it.
And that is very good. I hope that more people will use also and that they also have some profit.

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:31:34 AM

Have you told them history of bitcoin? How it basically went from 0 to $1000 in couple years? Isn't this situation likely to repeat itself?
You don't have be blind bitcoin follower, some dedication and couple BTC will suffice if that happen. BTC definitely better way to locate your money than bank deposit.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:02:42 PM

No one care about what I said, because they don't even know about Bitcoin. But my own family sometimes think that this is wasting my life. But when I can buy something from Bitcoin they didn't say that, otherwise they asking for me to buy for them using my Bitcoin. Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:52:47 PM

Have you told them history of bitcoin? How it basically went from 0 to $1000 in couple years?
The story of every Ponzi scheme ever?
Isn't this situation likely to repeat itself?
No. Otherwise it would make sense to invest in every crypto ever. Every coin has gone from being worth nothing to being worth something (an infinite increase in value).
You don't have be blind bitcoin follower [...]
You pretty much do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: