Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:02:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth pump is just part of the ongoing coordinated attack on bitcoin....  (Read 4863 times)
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 02:51:40 AM

What i mean is that they can be shut down by ISP or govenrment.

But with ETH your contract lives on the blockchain regardless of what happens to your PC.

but you are operating on an exposed public blockchain which means your government does not need a warrant to look at what you are doing.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 03:26:25 AM

ETH problems (for example) are centralized planning, lower security (POS), inflation
One problem ETH does not have that BTC does is ...the price. Which has been skyrocketing while bitcoin hodlers stood there, mouths agape, wieners in hand Sad
If you've come along to Bitcoin for the right reasons, you would not consider getting involved in ETH.
But, on the other hand, if you do like money -- anything about it, like not losing shitloads of it, or even, dare I say it? making it grow by OVER 1000 FUCKING PERCENT, IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS, ETH might be of some interest to you.

Apologies in advance, gentlemen, to the high-minded ideologues amongst you. Those who, like Lauda, pimp dice and mixing sites in your sigs for ...totally not earning a pittance any which way you could.
Cearly ain't about the money 4u!

25hashcoin (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:47:45 AM

ETH problems (for example) are centralized planning, lower security (POS), inflation
One problem ETH does not have that BTC does is ...the price. Which has been skyrocketing while bitcoin hodlers stood there, mouths agape, wieners in hand Sad
If you've come along to Bitcoin for the right reasons, you would not consider getting involved in ETH.
But, on the other hand, if you do like money -- anything about it, like not losing shitloads of it, or even, dare I say it? making it grow by OVER 1000 FUCKING PERCENT, IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS, ETH might be of some interest to you.

Apologies in advance, gentlemen, to the high-minded ideologues amongst you. Those who, like Lauda, pimp dice and mixing sites in your sigs for ...totally not earning a pittance any which way you could.
Cearly ain't about the money 4u!

tl:dr follow the shitcoin pumps and post edgy gifs that have nothing to do with the post

Some people actually care about what bitcoin means and not just in for get rich quick schemes/pump and dumps.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 06:31:32 AM

I dont think so, it's just a bunch of shills want to make quick buck.

But ETH may have some innovation in it, i think it is here to stay, but the price may go lower who knows.

It has some innovation but what real world problems does it solve?

decentralized computing, what can be used for lets see? Everything.

If that contract system stays up, it can literally create a skynet type AI that will solve all our problems... (sarcasm)

But of course I`m more worried that ETH being so complex it will have tons of vulnerabilities and attack vectors, that will be exploited and it could take a huge damage from that.

... Does not matter. Momentum and marketing just vipes away all worries.
They think all can be fixed with money, also get around the CAP theorem...
But you will be able to send ETH for free , what should be able with BTC still if all would listen to Satoshi...

BTW. Rootstock says its fully compatible with ETH and you can have all features on a BTC sidechain ....

So BTC devs just need to show some agile move and sb has to do marketing.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:26:06 AM

Just another way to try and discredit bitcoin and create fud. Better sell before we break out of this triangle and the eth insider traders take all your bitcoins....although if you're holding eth at this point thinking it will replace bitcoin, you deserve to lose them anyway.

i totally agree with this.

especially after putting some incidents together you can come to the same conclusion. the biggest incident that i am talking about was Mike Hearn's FUD about bitcoin which happened at the same time as ETH was about to be pumped.
add to that all the spam advertising on social medias like reddit,... plus the spread of FUD about bitcoin and spam attack on bitcoin then you have yourself a coordinated attack on bitcoin.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:35:15 AM

Seriously  Huh  like what is your problem with eth ?  
Where can I use my Ether? Oh right, nowhere.

Well, there's
Bitfinex is pleased to announce upcoming support for trading Ether.
No more having to cash out through BTC Sad

well that is not using, that is speculating....

anyway i'm only mining ethereum and dumping for bitcoin, like any sane person would do

Curious fact: Speculation is use.
Or did you mean use like ransomware & overpriced drugs on notoriously unreliable markets, Bitcoin's 2 main non-speculative use scenarios?

no i means use it to buy legal items, any other thing is not what i would call usage

Ah, you mean "buying stuff for way too much, in ways that make Rube Goldberg seem terse and totally not funny"?
Like buying BTC with fiat (paying premium), to buy overpriced item (because totally worth it; merchant accepts BTC!!!1!), so BitPay could sell your BTC & sends resultant fiat to the BTC merchant?
Gotcha!
Srs bizniz, this Bitcoin Roll Eyes

no, i simply buy on purseio, with amazon and i get a huge discount, why i should use fiat? or even ethereum lol

altcoin are full clone in terms of usage they offer zero advantages over bitcoin, don't bring the usual confirmation time bullshit, that is a non-issue

So let me get this straight: you mine alts, sell them for BTC, and then go to a carding website to be "matched up" with a carder ...all for a 15% discount?
Protip: Better carding deals elsewhere.

>altcoin are full clone
You do understand that Etherium has almost nothing in common with Bitcoin, correct?

no, for a huge 32% discount, i saved like 50 euro on 150 euro total, that's huge, if you consider the short time frame, the onyl problem is that no one is buying expensive thign there

also i'm talking about ìethereum as a currency not as a platform, and it is a 100% clone of bitcoin, nothing new, don't tell me that it has the pos system....
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 07:43:17 AM

Just another way to try and discredit bitcoin and create fud. Better sell before we break out of this triangle and the eth insider traders take all your bitcoins....although if you're holding eth at this point thinking it will replace bitcoin, you deserve to lose them anyway.

i totally agree with this.

especially after putting some incidents together you can come to the same conclusion. the biggest incident that i am talking about was Mike Hearn's FUD about bitcoin which happened at the same time as ETH was about to be pumped.
add to that all the spam advertising on social medias like reddit,... plus the spread of FUD about bitcoin and spam attack on bitcoin then you have yourself a coordinated attack on bitcoin.

Yep. R3 is about to figure out ANY tech to save big banks profits. So ETH might be a cheap solution, pumped a bit that gets awareness and enough devs on the boat, creating some open source product that they will just fork / copy in case it works....

Same I predict for other corps that want risky smart contract stuff. Nobody of those will trust a real open system as ETH can be.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:45:39 AM

No way _
Smiley There is room for BTC and ETH...its a huuuuge market#

this thing hs barely started
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:47:57 AM

I don't care either way. May the best coin win. However, this smells of manipulated pump like so many others over the years.

No doubt there are some deep pockets gobbling up as much Ether as they can. Which I'd prefer not as they will probably profit handsomely, and I'd rather it was spread more widely at this stage
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:56:09 AM

What does ETH offer on the table which is more unique than Bitcoin or other alt coins of that matter? It looks to me like a massive quick pump to get some people rich very fast.

davedx

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 08:07:39 AM

The irony is extreme.
Maybe, just maybe, the thousands of people who moved from /r/bitcoin to /r/btc did so for other reasons than to "manipulate votes from our basements"? Cheesy
You people are beyond belief.

Ironic shill is ironic while ironic so she can shill while she shills.

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a shillsockpuppet"

Fuck off you idiot Cheesy

Bitcoin is one piece of a larger puzzle to promote liberty, prosperity and democracy.
Support the EFF with your Bitcoins. https://supporters.eff.org/donate
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:03:27 AM

It would make sense if you consider the two things:
1) Coordinated contentious HF's and media attacks (Hearn).
2) ETH bots before the pump on Reddit.
3) ETH bots on the Forum now (quite annoying).

Good points.

I will say that the aggressive nature of the buying and endless amount of bitcoins they keep reloading to buy is quite extraordinary.
I do wonder who wants to buy so many so aggressively.
Something very different is happening with Ether, but what I don't know, but it's strange
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:07:54 AM

What does ETH offer on the table which is more unique than Bitcoin or other alt coins of that matter? It looks to me like a massive quick pump to get some people rich very fast.

1- A fully funded foundation.
2- A team of developers who are not splitting up and creating a core and classic.
3- Microsoft looking at them the eth team seriously.
4- It's new and exciting while bitcoin is old news and boring.
5-Dapps
6-Smart contracts

I came up with all that and I only really been looking at eth for a few days now and only bought my first eth at 0.03
Im sure some ol timer eth heads can chime in with more pros for eth.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:09:16 AM

If banks are going to use the Etherium blockchain then I'd be surprised if they themselves weren't loading up as principal.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:09:40 AM

If banks are going to use the Etherium blockchain then I'd be surprised if they themselves weren't loading up as principal.

good point. can you imagine the big banks pouring trillions into eth..... maybe they are planning on making it a defacto world currency.
 Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Cheesy
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:14:45 AM

Banks are buying ethere

LOL

Forget that bank employees lives are fully monitored

Every their expense must be approved

They have mainframes and all expensive heavy duty tech - they buy p2p shitcoin

OLOLO
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:23:50 AM

Banks are buying ethere
LOL

OLOLO
I worked as a principal trader for a global investment bank. They were very very open to trying anything that could increase bonus's for management. They tried some very out there things at that time. That was pre 2008 and I gather things changed a bit but it is very possible
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:23:53 AM

Banks are buying ethere

LOL

OLOLO

http://www.coindesk.com/toronto-stock-exchange-moves-toward-blockchain-with-ethereum-founder-hire/

http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ethereum-startup-blockchain/

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/03/06/ethereum-knocks-on-wall-street/
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:25:22 AM

Testing etereum and buying it is very different, my friend

Any proof that toronto, Microsoft, wall street buy ethereumHuh
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 09:53:29 AM

tl:dr follow the shitcoin pumps and post edgy gifs that have nothing to do with the post

Some people actually care about what bitcoin means and not just in for get rich quick schemes/pump and dumps.
Just put the troll on ignore. He's pretty obvious. One does simply not join a Bitcoin forum to trash talk about Bitcoin.

1- A fully funded foundation.
2- A team of developers who are not splitting up and creating a core and classic.
3- Microsoft looking at them the eth team seriously.
4- It's new and exciting while bitcoin is old news and boring.
5-Dapps
6-Smart contracts
1. Okay.
2. No. You basically have 3 people that have left the original team. Almost everyone else on Classic is basically random.
3. Irrelevant.
4. False.
5. Fine.
6. Bitcoin can have those two.
Tl;dr: It has nothing besides centralized planning, an IPO and inflation.

Any proof that toronto, Microsoft, wall street buy ethereumHuh
None.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: