Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-03-12] BTC-E Withdrawals broken, trading suspended  (Read 778 times)
themerkle (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:45:01 AM

As of 3/12/16 10:14 PM PST BTC-E’s withdrawals are broken and trading is suspended. The last trade has been made at 10:14PM PST which is right about the time that the exchange broke.

Read More: http://themerkle.com/btc-e-withdrawals-broken-trading-suspended/
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:53:34 AM

Thanks god Shocked , I am then lucky to withdraw all my funds from them two days ago as i read several complaining about their withdrawal issues in the service discussion board. I hope they will finish their maintenance ASAP as if this exchange turns scam, It would be a great loss for a lot of people
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 01:49:17 PM

Btc-e survived pretty much every other exchange turning into a scam, for years, along with Bitstamp. The first thing I would assume is technical difficulty.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 02:09:29 PM

Btc-e survived pretty much every other exchange turning into a scam, for years, along with Bitstamp. The first thing I would assume is technical difficulty.

true, but maybe they just wait for the right (big) time to exit? who knows. pretty shady but old exchange.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:18:34 PM

News like that make some people panicking and expecting another Gox, Cryptsy etc.
I hope this will not be the case and they figure out what the heck is going wrong.
But there also had been some rumours around BTC-E being kind of shady.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:32:14 PM

Update unexpected maintence.

BTC-E just went offline and posted the following on twitter: “Bнeплaнoвыe тexничecкиe paбoты в ДЦ, вoзмoжны пepeбoи в paбoтe #btce” Translated to English it means: “unplanned maintenance in the datacenter, possible disruption of service ahead.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 03:48:57 PM

Perhaps there is a russian connection and they got busted under the new law?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:17:26 PM

It's back up.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:30:32 PM

I see it is back up but this brings up a good question in regards to Russia's new stance on btc.  Wonder how long they will last.  I have used them in the past and had no troubles.

I love Bitcoin
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:27:11 PM

those unplanned and surprised maintenance are somehow scary as people lose their trust and start assume that they will not get access to their funds again. they should add a previous notice before doing that again
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:52:07 PM

those unplanned and surprised maintenance are somehow scary as people lose their trust and start assume that they will not get access to their funds again. they should add a previous notice before doing that again

BTC-E has always been like this. Nowadays I am using their exchange not as much as I used to in the previous years, but so far it has never let me down.

BTC-E is being operated from Bulgaria. Russia can't affect their exchange.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 01:09:56 AM

BTC-E just went offline and posted the following on twitter: “Bнeплaнoвыe тexничecкиe paбoты в ДЦ, вoзмoжны пepeбoи в paбoтe #btce” Translated to English it means: “unplanned maintenance in the datacenter, possible disruption of service ahead.

https://twitter.com/btcecom/status/708961442519781376

for me better to withdraw your money now, then trying other platform like bitstamp or bitfinex.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:32:18 AM

I think the btc-e boys get a major league kick out of keeping their customers guessing. They're the biggest teases in crypto.
sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:02:28 AM

last night poloniex also offline and now the email verification of withdraw take more long time to receive it, i need more than 20minutes before i get my email verification. some of my friend get wrong verification link.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:10:23 AM

I think the btc-e boys get a major league kick out of keeping their customers guessing. They're the biggest teases in crypto.

Can someone suggest the best place to currently trade Bitcoin/altcoins?
Is bter considered somewhat safe?
bit-x.com is good, but only has LTC...
Any better options?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:24:51 AM

Bter? Gawd no. That's barely alive any more and they still owe their customers thousands of coins.

Poloniex is where the heavy action is happening these days. They've been hacked before but everyone was made whole. I've never used it but others rate Bittrex. Shapeshift.io does the job if you want to switch a variety of coins around.
sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:26:15 AM

Can someone suggest the best place to currently trade Bitcoin/altcoins?
Is bter considered somewhat safe?
bit-x.com is good, but only has LTC...
Any better options?

how about poloniex..? bittrex..?
i see poloniex is the biggest volume on altcoin trading (Etherum). my last problem is fixed. and now i can withdraw my fund normally.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:57:03 AM

Bter? Gawd no. That's barely alive any more and they still owe their customers thousands of coins.

Poloniex is where the heavy action is happening these days. They've been hacked before but everyone was made whole. I've never used it but others rate Bittrex. Shapeshift.io does the job if you want to switch a variety of coins around.

I knew about the old Poloniex hack, but wasn't paying attention when Bter had one, thanks for the warning.
Shapeshift.io would be great if you could place orders to buy and sell at various prices.

I actually deposited into BTC-E just about 3 days ago (LOL?), but the amount was very small.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:23:10 AM

I actually deposited into BTC-E just about 3 days ago (LOL?), but the amount was very small.

What's so funny about that? You coins are safe, so there is nothing to worry about. The top exchanges for altcoins are either BTC-E, Poloniex, and Bittrex. Avoid using other exchanges for altcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: