Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We're only in it for the money...  (Read 3207 times)
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:19:40 PM

I'm in it for the freedom.

Unfortunately, freedom in our society means having enough currency to live comfortably. This is the same in many parts of the world. Somehow, through the actions of billionaires and over-paid executives, we've gotten into this 'guilt' syndrome when it comes to wealth. It is okay for a celebrity to have millions, but no-no-no, not someone just wanting to live in a modest house and perhaps tend a garden when they feel like it.

I see bitcoin as payback for every abusive fee, every shortsighted policy, every time someone with control over the monetary system
took advantage of the regular joe/jane just because they could. This is the great equalizer, folks, make no mistake. If I were you, I'd inform anyone you care about exactly what bitcoin is and what it could do.

Stand up and say 'no more'.

Bitcoin, or nothing.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scientician!

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:27:44 PM

I'm in it for the freedom.

Unfortunately, freedom in our society means having enough currency to live comfortably. This is the same in many parts of the world. Somehow, through the actions of billionaires and over-paid executives, we've gotten into this 'guilt' syndrome when it comes to wealth. It is okay for a celebrity to have millions, but no-no-no, not someone just wanting to live in a modest house and perhaps tend a garden when they feel like it.

I see bitcoin as payback for every abusive fee, every shortsighted policy, every time someone with control over the monetary system
took advantage of the regular joe/jane just because they could. This is the great equalizer, folks, make no mistake. If I were you, I'd inform anyone you care about exactly what bitcoin is and what it could do.

Stand up and say 'no more'.

Bitcoin, or nothing.

Agreed. I would guess that 95% of this community would *like* to profit from either mining or trading BTC. There is a smallish minority for whom the ideological implications outwieght the economic considerations. But if I had to guess, those guys aren't hurting for money either.

Personally, My three miners are paid off, and im comfortable @ 1.5 Ghps. This was my plan 6 weeks ago. Everything from here on out is gravy.

I'm in it for the money ERRRRRRRRRRR freedom to sell less of my time to another employer.
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:16:45 PM

I think the amount of money involved is getting large enough to hold some people (at least moraly)  accountable of something goes wrong. And I think this also holds for not speaking up.

Who are you, the FTC? give me a break.
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:27:09 PM

Was this a request for the first bitcoin bailout?
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:37:23 PM

i'm in it for the money.  what's wrong with that?

i'm in it as an investment - so i guess i'm a speculator.

i'm in it as a superior form of money, which - as TraderTimm points out above - is all about freedom.

i'm in it to profit in many ways, i guess.  and i understand that my profits will be greater if i use, rather than hoard.

but yeah.  money.  i like money.  good stuff.
Stevie1024 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:35:05 PM

i'm in it for the money.  what's wrong with that?

Maybe nothing, but at the moment I'm only trying to find out where the developers stand. I would like to know if I were investing. Only if I were afraid the truth might damage my investments I'd attack someone posing this question.

I'm out of here!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: