Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH GETTING DUMPED HARD!!!!  (Read 55181 times)
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:50:34 PM

I wonder what the bottom price would be. Anyone who have an opinion what an good price will be to buy some.
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:52:29 PM

This shitcoin, ipo, ponzi, premine, valueless coin will drop below $2 before bitcoin halving.

Why so negative, a lots of people cashed out. Bitcoin also needed this sort of thing, to ease the Bitcoin shills block size drama stress.

I wonder what the bottom price would be. Anyone who have an opinion what an good price will be to buy some.

Why so sure about buying in ? Wanna join the bagholders fraternity? I'm thinking whether to buy or not to buy, not about the bottom.
go-on

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:03:45 PM

The skyrocket time is fueled by hype and Bitcoin's storm.
If you remove this from the equation, actually nothing exist at opposite of the X.

The bottom should be the next river of news, intrinsic hype and Bitcoin problems. Level? Don't risk you money, only stay watching.
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:17:52 PM

I think that the ETH bottom price would be 1-2$,its recent price hike was just a hype after the satoshi round table meeting.
And after that look at the ETH now dropping and dropping.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:43:49 PM

It it slices through $10, the uptrend line is broken to the downside, and panic will ensue.

It is all over. Get out now!

I called the top exactly.

As I said, it started on the Pi Day March 13/14 as predicted and it was still an illusion, but now it is becoming more apparently (yet many will fail to sell because they are still stuck in the delusion):

Myself, I think that Etherium has some ways to go

The illusion of the dip which is actually a crash enveloping as you described, even has you fooled.

There aren't many pumpers. There is stoat posting from numerous accounts he purchased. Minecache is stoat.

Then there are the rest of you, who hanging on for it to go higher before you sell. Which is exactly the top of a bubble when you all can't buy any more because you are all-in.

There won't be new millionaires announced and a long drawn out bubble as for Bitcoin in 2013 (there isn't that much money being actually injected, rather just insiders buying from themselves). This will be a short-lived pump because it has no fundamental support. Just a bunch idiots calmly thinking they won't be the last man out the door, when 1000 to 10,000 speculators fight their way through one exit.

I suppose the upcoming implosion of ETH will clean out the altcoin sector, because very few will have the remaining money and nerve to buy any risky altcoins. And yeah I know ETH isn't risky at all.  Roll Eyes

A major new release of Ethereum is scheduled for Pi Day, Monday 14th March 2016. What effect will this Homestead release have on the Ethereum price indices?

And ETH declined 10%. Buy the hyped rumor, sell the underwhelming news.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/market-talk/market-talk-pi-day-march-14th-2016/

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:36:48 PM

I was a strong supporter of Ethereum. I had the chance to buy the majority of my coins in the sub 0,01BTC range. I escaped from it because holding some ETH now is like climbing a building in an ascensor with a grenade in the hand. I don't want to be too greey, and likely multiplied by near 5 my initial capital, so I'm happy Wink ! A big hit has been gave to the cedibility of the coin after this fiasco of the two last days.

Which fiasco are you speeking about?

The fiasco is the big dump. That might not be the most suitable word for this case, but you can't get the idea. The price has been near halved, so the list of burned people is long, really long Undecided...
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:58:05 PM

It doesn't have to end like this. We could, you know, all of us, buy back in.

Or maybe.

Nah.

I still feel positively about this. At least people had a chance to use Bitcoin.
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:15:36 PM

It doesn't have to end like this. We could, you know, all of us, buy back in.

Or maybe.

Nah.

I still feel positively about this. At least people had a chance to use Bitcoin.

I told you long time ago
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 08:28:22 PM

I'm not personally a fan of Ethereum and I didn't think it would succeed.

But I want to make it very clear that I am not happy that it is crashing.

The crash represents a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich, and that is a very bad thing. I knew it would happen, but I wish I was wrong. There is no pleasure in seeing people like me lose money.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
Tijl

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:24:02 PM

The crash represents a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich, and that is a very bad thing. I knew it would happen, but I wish I was wrong. There is no pleasure in seeing people like me lose money.

It's the same story again and again, I can't understand why anyone would get suckered into this. Ethereum at its base seems quite insecure, so there's a good chance it will be worth nothing in the long run.
thms

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:31:05 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 09:53:00 PM by thms

Why are you sad if ETH is still 100% over one month ago? You are confusing correction with crash.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:33:17 PM

It's the same story again and again, I can't understand why anyone would get suckered into this. Ethereum at its base seems quite insecure, so there's a good chance it will be worth nothing in the long run.

I don't think thats the problem. It looks like a very interesting and powerful platform and problems can be solved.

The problem is that people place a speculative value on it which is based on a projected, notional, fully mature economy based around that technology. However, the market will always bring us back to earth and revalue the asset according to it's useful value TODAY.

For an Ether to actually be worth $10 of usefulness will take years. (And may never reach it due to endless supply+competition from other smart-contract blockchains). It may well get there, but the market price it back into reality in the meantime. If you can be bothered holding a huge bag of Ether for the next several years while its worth nothing, you could do ok (eventually). Most of the other money will go elsewhere and then come back when it's time.

Ether is not a monetary asset anyway - was not designed as such.
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 09:47:17 PM

Why are you said if ETH is still 100% over one month ago? You are confusing correction with crash.

Because a lot of people bought ETH during the pump, where paid shills propped the currency up and advertisements were taken out all over the place (even on Twitter) for the explicit purpose of creating false momentum that resulted in people buying the currency for the explicit purpose of taking their money.

In the United States that kind of activity is illegal, and for a good reason. It is the wealthy stealing from the poor.

And yes it crashed, it crashed hard.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
thms

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:52:19 PM

I don't think thats the problem. It looks like a very interesting and powerful platform and problems can be solved.

The problem is that people place a speculative value on it which is based on a projected, notional, fully mature economy based around that technology. However, the market will always bring us back to earth and revalue the asset according to it's useful value TODAY.

For an Ether to actually be worth $10 of usefulness will take years. (And may never reach it due to endless supply+competition from other smart-contract blockchains). It may well get there, but the market price it back into reality in the meantime. If you can be bothered holding a huge bag of Ether for the next several years while its worth nothing, you could do ok (eventually). Most of the other money will go elsewhere and then come back when it's time.

Today ETH can perform exactly the same as Bitcoin, as a currency too. Arguably even better. ETH is not Ethereum, it's a part of it. Saying that Ethereum was not designed to work as a currency is wrong. The correct definition is: Ethereum was not designed to be JUST a currency. People are usually confused by this subtle difference. Seems you are one of these people.

So, please explain what usefulness does Bitcoin have that Ethereum can't provide that makes Bitcoin  worth 40 times ETH?

Just the other day
thms

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:59:37 PM

And yes it crashed, it crashed hard.

Here's the last 25 days or so ETH price chart to give you a better idea

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:23:01 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 10:33:41 PM by toknormal

Today ETH can perform exactly the same as Bitcoin, as a currency too. Arguably even better. ETH is not Ethereum, it's a part of it. Saying that Ethereum was not designed to work as a currency is wrong. The correct definition is: Ethereum was not designed to be JUST a currency. People are usually confused by this subtle difference. Seems you are one of these people.

So, please explain what usefulness does Bitcoin have that Ethereum can't provide that makes Bitcoin  worth 40 times ETH?

It's a far better store of value than Ether's are - that's bitcoin's "usefulness". Ether was not invented to act as a store of value, bitcoin was so we're comparing apples and oranges in that respect.

Also, there's a difference between a technological premium on an asset and a monetary one. (The "premium" part being the marginal value over cost of the token). So for example, in a kids funpark, the monetary premium on the plastic tokens is the price of the token at the funpark kiosk over the price in a hardware shop which is probably about 98%.

Assets with technological premiums may be "useful" as you put it, but they are crap as a store of value. As an example, witness the flotilla of altcoins that has come our way since bitcoin was invented. Almost all of them were "far more useful than bitcoin" in some way or another, but none of them even made a dent in its marketcap. Ether has done so because of a combination of "FOMO fever", high coin supply, hedging the blocksize debate and genuine technological premium, so it's 1 Billion cap may be justified.

Just be aware that if it maintains that 1 Billion cap, its price against bitcoin will depreciate quite substantially. It needs to keep increasing it just to maintain its price.

The problem for a token which isn't a "bearer" token such as bitcoin and who's value is derived from the "Daps" that run on its blockchain is that the "Daps" can go elsewhere.

It's quite well explained by this guy.
DaveWave

Activity: 806

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:31:12 PM

My dog turd is worth more than your cat shit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:32:01 PM

Just the other day

I think your reaching and trying to split hairs over definitions.
Trying to blur the definition of currency and gloss over the reality of what ETH is.

NO it was NOT intended to be a currency.. or it would have come out looking a lot different.
It would not have had a scammy deceitful IPO launch either.
Your comment is stupid.
NO it can not perform exactly as Bitcoin either.. that is bullshit !
From end to end Bitcoin was designed and intended and actually does WORK as a currency when ETH does not.
Can you USE ETH at the same places as Bitcoin to BUY things ? New computer at Tigerdirect ?
Will you ever be able to ? of course not.. so saying it can do the same is NOT true !
ETH will never rival Bitcoin because it is flawed by design deeply and part of the reason for that is what these
guys here have alluded too.. ETH's shortcomings in DESIGN and the effects this will have as a monetary token.

"Just" ?
In other words i was right when i said it was not a currency.
Your simply mincing words.. playing games.
What you might be trying to say is "Bitcoin is a Currency".
And ETH sort of kinda works like one too but is also some APP's block-chain platform thingy majigger..

You can spin bullshit until your blue in the face but here me clearly my little bullshit hype artists when i say this..
There is in fact a LOT of smart people out there watching..
and they have absolutely no difficulty what so ever cutting through the bullshit you guys spew all the time.
They will not fall for your crap.
If ETH was a solid contender to EVER dethrone Bitcoin it would have been apparent in 2014 when the IPO launched.
And it would be worth over $100 a coin right now.. it's not though is it ?
Hell i don't even think you ETH scammers are fooling the stupid around Crypto.. even they see through your crap gimmick antics.
They are simply "tolerating" you guys so they can make money off you.

Let's put this back into perspective shall we ?
Read the topic title.. Now why are we even talking about this ?
1 single reason.. someone rich with a ton of money pumped ETH hard.
Over night the price exploded.. even though the scammy IPO coin was launched 2 years earlier.
If it was not pumped we wouldn't even be talking about it..
Further more where were all of you since 2014 when the IPO was launched ?
It's amazing how 90% of the supporters showed up EXACTLY as the coin was pumped.

Where were you guys ?
Me ? i made a topic on Ethereum in 2014 when it came out Wink
Tell us all where were you guys and what were you doing ?
It's not like i haven't asked this or other questions a dozen times and been ignored 100%

Summary ? You can bullshit & scam some of these guys but i will not be lured into your trap.
The prospect of making a bit of Bitcoin profit is not worth the high risk i would have to take.
Nor will i willingly support a scammy IPO digital pyramid scheme token called Ethereum. (for profit)
Why ? see my comments on the 2014 news story Coindesk launched (my Disqus name is xpmule)

Notice all of this is centered around getting Bitcoin profits ?
It's hilarious we are all yammering on about how ETH could *maybe* be a competitor to Bitcoin
..yet no one gives two shits about ETH and keep asking about the price of it.
If i was a REAL ETH supporter the price would be irrelevant to me and i would not even care about the market prices.
I don't think ANYONE here could debate the fact that the ONLY people even vaguely interested
in Ethereum are simply greedy users in the Altcoin scene who are after a profit..
a BITCOIN profit !

You can catch a few of these guys in the P&D dragnet but smart guys will have cashed out on your Pump team long ago LOL

So what are you ETH scammers going to do now ? Drift off into obscurity hiding for another 2 years ?
Posting "Test the water" topics randomly like before ?
Let me know how that works out for ya..
I can assure everyone here you guys will not be able to keep up the hype campaign 24/7 for years on end.
ETH will be going quiet soon.. but i won't be Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Tijl

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:30:14 AM

Just the other day

Bitcoin is not turing complete for a reason
AfricanBloke

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 08:57:31 AM

LOL love gif of plane crashing or is it just me?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: