Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:28:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff?  (Read 16184 times)
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 02:01:14 AM

I sent in a money order a week and a half ago and it has not been credited yet, IIRC their website says 2-3 days for a money order to be credited once received. I'm not sure what the problem is, CampBX... I sent a support ticket and of course it hasn't been responded to yet. I suppose I'll check my email AGAIN. At least change the stated wait time for crediting money orders so as not to mislead people...

I thought they'd be a nice replacement for Bitfloor but it looks like not. I hate to give them a "one strike you're out" policy but based on BTC exchange crap I've dealt with in past, I just don't want to deal with even a hint of incompetence. I'll have to look elsewhere or deal in OTC only.

Just my personal review, I am aware others have had positive experiences.

Ashley, we do credit MOs on the same business day or worst case 1 day later and there is not much of a delay there.

Are you sure MO has reached our office?  Do you have a tracking number?

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:49:05 PM

Ashley, we do credit MOs on the same business day or worst case 1 day later and there is not much of a delay there.

Are you sure MO has reached our office?  Do you have a tracking number?

Thanks for responding; I'll reply via PM, my email provider has been down sporadically so there is a chance that the support ticket did in fact get answered.
mwm4bcf

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:09:45 PM

Keyur,

I recently opened an account at Camp BX and am NOT satisfied with the customer support!

#1:  I sent in account verification docs via e-mail on 5/5/13.  No response on that yet.

#2:  I deposited via Dwolla on 5/10 and was credited a few hours later.  Made a SECOND Dwolla deposit on 5/11 (Saturday), Dwolla transaction ID # is 2940825.  Here it is Tuesday (afternoon in Atlanta) and still no credit for that deposit.  I opened a trouble ticket on that problem last evening - nothing on that yet.

Do you really think this is an adequate level of service??  All my interactions with Mt. Gox were handled within a short period of time (a couple of hours).

Once this is corrected, I'm seriously thinking I should transfer all my funds to Mt. Gox, where TIMELY customer service IS AVAILABLE.

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:22:10 PM

#2:  I deposited via Dwolla on 5/10 and was credited a few hours later.  Made a SECOND Dwolla deposit on 5/11 (Saturday), Dwolla transaction ID # is 2940825.  Here it is Tuesday (afternoon in Atlanta) and still no credit for that deposit.  I opened a trouble ticket on that problem last evening - nothing on that yet.

To be fair, I've also experienced variable times in the crediting of my Dwolla deposits to Mt. Gox... but thus far they've all arrived eventually.

That said, the complaints in this thread do seem to indicate substandard communication and customer service on the part of CampBX, which is a shame, because an exchange that puts real effort into CS will grow marketshare.

Bitcoin needs service providers with Amazon level customer care. The current crop do not instill confidence.

Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 04:26:53 AM

Keyur,

I recently opened an account at Camp BX and am NOT satisfied with the customer support!

#1:  I sent in account verification docs via e-mail on 5/5/13.  No response on that yet.

Do you really think this is an adequate level of service??  All my interactions with Mt. Gox were handled within a short period of time (a couple of hours).

Once this is corrected, I'm seriously thinking I should transfer all my funds to Mt. Gox, where TIMELY customer service IS AVAILABLE.

Hi MWM,
     #1 All verification requests received by May 10th have been processed if the documentation was complete.  I will take a look and see what happened with your KYC check.

#2 Dwolla did a code change recently and there have been multiple issues like missing transfers, high failure rate for API, and "Next" button that doesn't work.  We are working with Dwolla to resolve this as fast as we can.

As you know, CampBX helpdesk is not staffed by customer support but by engineers and treasurer who do the actual work.  This enables us to resolve all issues and eliminate the root cause for good, but we do not have the bandwidth to provide status update in the meantime.  Give us a little more time and we will resolve your Dwolla transfer issue too.

Thank you,
       Keyur

eastdoorsr

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:43:14 AM

Glad I saw this thread
sugsmack100

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:39:31 PM

YUP THEY ARE A RIPOFF!  They stole btc out of my campbx account.  I WOULD NOT USE THEM.  I have been in contact with them today and they are just giving me the runaround. 

So last week I transferred 5 btc into campbx from my home computer wallet.  I was waiting for the price to rise so i could sell them later that night, the price fell so i didn't do anything.

Logged on today and they were gone.  The said that my history transaction showed that they were transferred but the address they said it was transferred to was the same address i generated on their site.

YUP THERE CROOKS!!!
scab

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:42:48 PM

In my opinion it definitly looks like a ripoff..
XenonofArcticus

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:59:21 PM

I've used CampBX for a few weeks without problems. Their customer support turnaround isn't great and can be frustrating, but they seem to be a legit business who is following the letter of the law with regard to FinCen.

one cool thing about them is their referral program. I have a referral link (every CampBX user does). Mine is https://campbx.com/main.php?r=wvs48klhpI5

You can click on it or not, doesn't matter to me. But if people sign up with your referral link, they get a slightly lower commission rate (wish i'd known this when I opened my account, i didn't get it) AND the person who generated that referral link gets a small kickback. Full disclosure, I think my commissions have amounted to about $2.50 (USD, not BTC!) so far. But still, it's kind of nice.

There aren't a lot of surviving US exchanges, so I'm sticking with CampBX until something changes.
BTCoder

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:06:51 PM

Odds are its a scam.
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

Everyone,
     We are replying to this thread to be as useful to our users as we can.  However it is devolving into unjustified accusations.  A lot of situations described in this thread could have been avoided by a reading of FAQ on our website.

Let's bring some civility back to this thread so we can help you out.  We have 18,000 users and several million in revenues, we are one of very few companies based in USA, and have been as transparent and secure as any Bitcoin business out there.

- Keyur

mwm4bcf

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:55:23 PM

Keyur,

Reference my posting above.  My ticket was closed and I was notified by e-mail that my deposit would be in my account today.

IT'S STILL NOT THERE - PLEASE FIX!!!

mwm4cbx

P.S. I re-sent account verification docs to your compliance address.

Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 06:27:06 PM

Keyur,

Reference my posting above.  My ticket was closed and I was notified by e-mail that my deposit would be in my account today.

IT'S STILL NOT THERE - PLEASE FIX!!!

mwm4cbx

P.S. I re-sent account verification docs to your compliance address.

MWM,
     As you know there is a $1K limit per day.  Looks like you made a withdrawal on 5/14 afternoon that ate up most of this limit, so treasurer couldn't deposit your funds on 5/15.  It has been credited with 5/16 batch.

This is a regulatory compliance limit and we cannot bypass it.

Thank you,
     Keyur

mwm4bcf

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:40:47 PM

My deposit was credited a short while ago. Thanks Keyur.
Bronzetank

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:54:53 PM

Has anyone been having issues moving money from Dwolla to CampBX?  I have repeatedly (over several days) tried to move money using Dwolla and keep getting the same error message.  CampBX is saying that I have insufficient funds in my Dwolla account or that the Dwolla API is down.  I have called Dwolla and they are sure it is neither of those things.  Still waiting to hear back from CampBX after I logged a help request 3 days ago.

Anybody else? Advice?
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 11:04:50 PM

Has anyone been having issues moving money from Dwolla to CampBX?  I have repeatedly (over several days) tried to move money using Dwolla and keep getting the same error message.  CampBX is saying that I have insufficient funds in my Dwolla account or that the Dwolla API is down.  I have called Dwolla and they are sure it is neither of those things.  Still waiting to hear back from CampBX after I logged a help request 3 days ago.

Anybody else? Advice?

Dwolla API is throwing error for several accounts.  We are working with Dwolla developer Michael to resolve this.

Ogma

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:17:12 AM

Keyur,

Good luck with that.  Since you're in Atlanta, go ahead and try to transfer funds to Mt Gox through Dwolla.  Apparently you haven't been keeping up with current events.

After seeing the posts on here from Keyur, it seems to me that they are addressing customers' issues. 

As far as the OP is concerned; if one cannot afford to loose $10,000 then why on earth would you let the balance get that high before trying to initiate a transfer or withdraw?  Bottom line is, all of these companies (Mt Gox, BTC-e, Bitstamp, Camp BX, etc.) are exchanges, they are not banks, use them as such at your own risk.  Wink
pwi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:58:25 AM

I thought CampBX was a reputable business. I have some btc from my online business and wanted to trade it into USD. I opened an account, the trading went well.

The problem started when the amount of dollars in my account acceded $10,000. Apparently, they have a limit right there due to regulations. My account was frozen. CampBX didn't answer my emails for over a week. All I knew was that I couldn't get to my money and I was increasingly worried that I had been ripped off.

Someone finally did reply. Explained about the $10,000 limit. Said that they removed $2500 and put it aside so that my account was now active again and I could withdraw money. But they didn't explain how to get the $2500 that had been removed.

I emailed over and over, with increasing anxiety yet again. Two weeks later I finally got a reply saying that I should send an email with instructions, and the treasurer would release the funds in whatever way I wanted.

So I send the email as requested, telling them how I wanted my money. That was almost two weeks ago. There has been no reply and my account shows no activity. Nothing. Not in "orders" (where the bulk of my money is) and not in "history" (where I can see the amount of $2500, but can't get to it).

No on replies. No one sends my money.

I even sent all the ID requirements so that my account can be "verified" and all restrictions lifted, on the chance that would help. Nothing. No reply to that either.

The amount in question is about $11,000 total. I can't lose that kind of money!  In the last email I sent yesterday, I have threatened to contact the state attorney general. Still no reply.

I am beyond frustrated at this point. I feel totally ripped off. CampBX is a scam as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone have any advice?Huh I'm desperate. All I want is my money.

The $10K limit is clearly stated in the TOS/FAQ:

"Daily Bitcoin transfer limits: Default Bitcoin withdrawal limit for unverified accounts is 500 coins per day. This limit is in place to protect users in case their account is compromised.
 Verified accounts  can request a higher daily limit for Bitcoin withdrawals.

Daily money transfer limits: Unlike Bitcoins, flow of money is heavily regulated by law. So the maximum amount you can transfer from unverified accounts is capped at USD 1,000 per day. All withdrawals and deposits in a rolling 24-hour window count towards this limit.
 Verified accounts  can request a higher daily limit for money transfers.

Maximum Account Size: Default maximum account size limit for unverified accounts is USD 9,000; if you would like to raise this limit, please  follow our KYC process  as mandated under the USA Patriot Act of 2001.

Minimum account balance required to use Margin Trading feature is $500."

I'm sorry about your recent issues.  The unanswered email are unacceptable.  Failure to read and follow TOS is equally unacceptable.  I have faith this will work out for you. 

Buy my PS3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216554.msg2282760#msg2282760

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.
pwi

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:05:59 AM

I just put money in bx, this is the first place that I've read something bad about them, I hope I don't get scammed.  I will be watching this post for updates.  good luck liralen!

I am by no means a large player on bx.  I have had zero issues other than the occasional outage during higher than usual volume.  Expect growing pains as US traders flee gox.  Hopefully their KYC and early adoption of FINCen regulations will continue to make them a viable trading outlet in the foreseeable future.  Nothing is certain with Bitcoin and third parties at the moment.

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.
pwi

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:18:15 AM

Wow! Just read the complete  thread that I already replied to...and just WOW.

Other than having a small (sub $10K) account on campbx, I have no affiliation with them.  I have been very impressed with the service.  The ease of use of the site is perfect for my purposes. 

I have moved funds and coin into and out of campbx without issue in an unverified account.  I am also a noob by bitcointalk.org standards.  I have no complaints.

The influx of noobs dissing on bx in this thread is suspicious.  There is obvious competition for the traders making their mtgox exit.  It wouldn't surprise me if some of these post are related to this competition.

Those having legitimate issues should keep this thread updated.  If a satisfactory outcome is reached, negative comments should be retracted.  We do not need any more bad press, some of which may be less than valid (excluding OP), surrounding Bitcoin exchanges.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: