Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff?  (Read 16176 times)
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:47:06 AM

As far as the OP is concerned; if one cannot afford to loose $10,000 then why on earth would you let the balance get that high before trying to initiate a transfer or withdraw?  Bottom line is, all of these companies (Mt Gox, BTC-e, Bitstamp, Camp BX, etc.) are exchanges, they are not banks, use them as such at your own risk.  Wink

Exactly.

I think we need to pool some funds together and make this quote a PSA ad on this forum.

People, these are institutions that are pioneering a market that is only a few years old! There WILL be issues, LOTS of issues. NEVER let your account balances get uncomfortably high. Withdraw EVERYDAY if you must. The fees are worth the piece of mind.

Now I am not defending CBX at all. They clearly need to hire some support staff because when people are having issues with their money they panic and that is totally understandable. CBX needs to realize that. Hiring 10-20 customers service reps is not going to send them into bankruptcy and it will certainly make the customers happier. Having Keyur on here is good but they need to do more.

But again, read the words I quoted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 04:34:21 PM

sugsmack100 claims that bitcoins were removed from his account.  To show that this is true rather than simply claiming it, sugsmack100 could post the transaction id for his payment to campBX.  This will enable anyone interested to track them through the blockchain.  He could also show a screenshot (but remember, screenshots can be edited) of the campBX website history page (I'm assuming it shows deposits and withdrawals as well as trades - haven't done enough there yet to know for sure).

This kind of data is the only way to prove there is a problem with campBX, and if there is indeed, then such proof would be useful to the entire bitcoin community, as well as Keyur himself.  In his whitepaper, Satoshi wrote "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."  That is an ideal system feature, and one which cooperation and logic and the bitcointalk forum can create for any exchange if it provides enough information.  If we do it right, and an exchange operator isn't completely honest, we may corner him into becoming completely honest.  I think Keyur already is, but that is beside the point.

I offer Keyur my services to help with the Customer Service.  I work from home and am on the Internet all the time.  I hope my suggestions above show that I understand the nature of the problem of proving things so that no one loses money to scammers.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
icarusholmes

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:08:54 PM

Well I've had no problems with CampBX, but I also don't have 10 grand. My largest transaction was for much much less than that.
clone4501

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Has anyone been having issues moving money from Dwolla to CampBX?  I have repeatedly (over several days) tried to move money using Dwolla and keep getting the same error message.  CampBX is saying that I have insufficient funds in my Dwolla account or that the Dwolla API is down.  I have called Dwolla and they are sure it is neither of those things.  Still waiting to hear back from CampBX after I logged a help request 3 days ago.

Anybody else? Advice?

Dwolla API is throwing error for several accounts.  We are working with Dwolla developer Michael to resolve this.

I sent money from Dwolla yesterday and it is still not in my account.  In the interim, would it be quicker just to send money directly from Dwolla to CampBX rather than using the USD Transfer API in CampBX?
Bronzetank

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:52:30 PM

Has anyone been having issues moving money from Dwolla to CampBX?  I have repeatedly (over several days) tried to move money using Dwolla and keep getting the same error message.  CampBX is saying that I have insufficient funds in my Dwolla account or that the Dwolla API is down.  I have called Dwolla and they are sure it is neither of those things.  Still waiting to hear back from CampBX after I logged a help request 3 days ago.

Anybody else? Advice?

Dwolla API is throwing error for several accounts.  We are working with Dwolla developer Michael to resolve this.

Thank you for your response.  I would really like to use CampBX, however, I am getting frustrated by this disconnect with Dwolla.  I will post again when my issue is resolved and if I was satisfied by the service.  As of yet, I have had no reply to my help request.
WeedGrassDope

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:50:23 PM

Yesterday I had my first transaction with CampBX and it went fine.  Value was about $90 US, transferred from Dwolla.  Given how difficult every BTC transaction normally is, I was pleasantly surprised at how well this transaction went.
Tywill

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:04:02 PM

so far I have had no issues other than that they are kinda slow
chillin151

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

I have been using CampBX for about a month with no complaints.  However, last week on Friday I selected to withdraw $1,000 by wire to my bank account.  It showed that it was still "Pending" until Monday and then it was gone from my CampBX account so I thought everything was fine but no money ever showed up in my BOA account.  I even called BOA and they said that they don't see any incoming wires for my account!!  It's now been 5 days since my request for withdrawal and I'm still missing my money.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks
Bronzetank

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:02:00 PM

Camp BX did finally respond and help me with the Dwolla transfer.  It was a setting on my Dwolla account that was set by default but needed to be changed in order to get money in Camp BX.  Everything has been working fine since then...but I haven't tried to pull anything out of Camp BX yet.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:46:50 PM

I think CampBX is honest and a reasonable exchange though with lower volume. Their customer service can be a bit frustratingly slow at times though.

Remember they are in the U.S. and actually are licensed now. If you are a U.S. citizen, you could sue them if you had to, so I don't think they are into ripping people off.
dscotese

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 01:51:31 AM

I have been using CampBX for about a month with no complaints.  However, last week on Friday I selected to withdraw $1,000 by wire to my bank account.  It showed that it was still "Pending" until Monday and then it was gone from my CampBX account so I thought everything was fine but no money ever showed up in my BOA account.  I even called BOA and they said that they don't see any incoming wires for my account!!  It's now been 5 days since my request for withdrawal and I'm still missing my money.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks
Hi Chillin,

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

I am interested in helping Keyur with CampBX, but I haven't heard back from him.  If you don't mind, can post details of the problem that people can use to verify it?  Don't post anything you're not comfortable putting in public view though.

Dave.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
PeterB

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:21:38 AM

I thought CampBX was a reputable business. I have some btc from my online business and wanted to trade it into USD. I opened an account, the trading went well.

The problem started when the amount of dollars in my account acceded $10,000. Apparently, they have a limit right there due to regulations. My account was frozen. CampBX didn't answer my emails for over a week. All I knew was that I couldn't get to my money and I was increasingly worried that I had been ripped off.

Someone finally did reply. Explained about the $10,000 limit. Said that they removed $2500 and put it aside so that my account was now active again and I could withdraw money. But they didn't explain how to get the $2500 that had been removed.

I emailed over and over, with increasing anxiety yet again. Two weeks later I finally got a reply saying that I should send an email with instructions, and the treasurer would release the funds in whatever way I wanted.

So I send the email as requested, telling them how I wanted my money. That was almost two weeks ago. There has been no reply and my account shows no activity. Nothing. Not in "orders" (where the bulk of my money is) and not in "history" (where I can see the amount of $2500, but can't get to it).

No on replies. No one sends my money.

I even sent all the ID requirements so that my account can be "verified" and all restrictions lifted, on the chance that would help. Nothing. No reply to that either.

The amount in question is about $11,000 total. I can't lose that kind of money!  In the last email I sent yesterday, I have threatened to contact the state attorney general. Still no reply.

I am beyond frustrated at this point. I feel totally ripped off. CampBX is a scam as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone have any advice?Huh I'm desperate. All I want is my money.

Grunch.  Thanks for the warning and sharing your experiences.

Mine bitcoins with you mind!  Play poker at Seals with Clubs!  Now with mixed games, stud games, and multiple variants of OFC!  These games are not offered on any other bitcoin poker site!  Sign up with me, PeterB, as your referral and I can help you with eBooks, strategy and more!  PM me for more details.
dscotese

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:21:18 AM

I thought CampBX was a reputable business. I have some btc from my online business and wanted to trade it into USD. I opened an account, the trading went well.

The problem started...

Dear Liralen,
     I checked in with our treasure and looks like your issue was resolved.
Your issue took her longer time to address because of two issues:

(1) Your account crossed the compliance limit.  Once you cross this limit, we have to follow a process outlined by our compliance provider.  I know of Bitcoin websites in Russia that give  you all clear in 20 minutes after you send them your ID, but USA rules and regulations are very different.

(2) Paper withdrawals through USPS Money Orders are inherently slower.  If there is an issue with USPS you have to allow for 3-4 weeks for trace mails and money order serial numbers.
If you use electronic withdrawal methods like ACH / Wire / Dwolla, we can address those tickets much faster.

Hope this helps you understand our situation better.

Thank you,
     Keyur
Dear Keyur,

In order to protect your reputation, I recommend offering Liralen something in return for posting to this thread in order to prevent more bitcointalk enthusiasts from skipping over CampBX.  It seems like a decent exchange, but a search for any info from Liralen to verify what you wrote above yields nothing.  Alternatively, you can scrub all the data about the resolution of the issue and post it here so everyone can tell that it was resolved, but make sure you scrub it!

I want to see CampBX succeed, but this thread is hindering it.

bX_master

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:22:34 AM

No. They are good players and certainly not a scam! We have worked with them in the past and they are fine - email responses can be tardy so try and go through the back-door if possible?

Otherwise - perhaps they have a rep on here to talk with?
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:08:53 PM

Dear Keyur,

In order to protect your reputation, I recommend offering Liralen something in return for posting to this thread in order to prevent more bitcointalk enthusiasts from skipping over CampBX.  It seems like a decent exchange, but a search for any info from Liralen to verify what you wrote above yields nothing.  Alternatively, you can scrub all the data about the resolution of the issue and post it here so everyone can tell that it was resolved, but make sure you scrub it!

I want to see CampBX succeed, but this thread is hindering it.

Dear Dscotese,
     Thank you - We have reached out to Liralen to chime in and post an update on the thread.

- Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
Allaboutbit

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:40:14 PM

I've been using them for a couple of months now. They seem very legit to me. The best thing to do is get your account verified. Just like with anyother exchange.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
chillin151

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:49:12 PM

CAMPBX IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!  PLEASE READ!

I was thinking that this company was legit but their customer service was bad, but now I'm starting to think they really are ripping people off!  I have close to $1000 still missing from 6/25 and I can't even get them to give me a confirmation number on the wire.  I have opened half dozen tickets.  I've emailed them every single day since 6/25 and I cannot get a response.. I've event posted here and no one from campbx will fix this.  Two days ago, I got a response from Keyur that just had one line, "This will be fixed today" and as of 7/4 it still hasn't!  No apology for anything, nothing...  At the very least, I just need a confirmation number of the wire they supposedly sent and its been 10 days and they still can't even produce that!!  How is that possible?

They just stole $1000 dollars from me.  Money that I really need. If anyone knows what kind of legal actions I can take,  please message me.  Should I contact a lawyer?

And for anyone who is considering using this company, just be forewarned that they are keeping peoples money and there is no way to get a hold of them except emails, which they just ignore.  I'm an honest person who has been in the bitcoin community for over a year now and have never been ripped off like this.  I once had an issue with bitinstant, but they not only fixed the issue but they responded to emails and calls as you would expect. 

If anyone can help me on what I can do, please message me!
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 07:44:09 PM

Chillin,
    I reviewed your ticket and looks like helpdesk already replied to it on June 26th.  Your claim that no one is replying to you is exaggerated and alarmist.

When a wire fails it takes bank at least 7-9 business days to send us a written confirmation of wire failure.  We cannot give status updates on tickets in the meantime, because we don't have anything informative to share.  Please give it time while we hear back from the bank.

- Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
pristine3

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

I don't think Campbx is is a rip-off or a scam.

However my experience thus far has prevented me from entrusting them with any serious coin, US-issued or otherwise. My main worry is that they lack the resources to handle demand. Apparently, the Japanese aren't impressed either.

* The server is painfully, absurdly slow. Expect a five minute wait just to log on a visit your account, and a similar wait every time you execute a transaction or even browse the site. I wrote a help ticket asking them what was going on. No reply. The following week I sent it again --- this time I got a response saying that they were in the process of moving to Atlanta and things would improve then. No time line, no details.

* I also wrote CampBX with some basic Bitcoin questions. No reply.

* Transfers from Campbx to my wallet take far longer than with MtGox.

All that said, the platform is intuitive and transparent. Once they get the server power and the staff to run things properly, it may prove to be excellent.
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:08:21 PM

Are you going to be one of the people who yell SCAM in a crowded theater?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: