Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff?  (Read 16182 times)
DealMaker

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:54:49 PM

I thought CampBX was a reputable business. I have some btc from my online business and wanted to trade it into USD. I opened an account, the trading went well.

The problem started...

Dear Liralen,
     I checked in with our treasure and looks like your issue was resolved.
Your issue took her longer time to address because of two issues:

(1) Your account crossed the compliance limit.  Once you cross this limit, we have to follow a process outlined by our compliance provider.  I know of Bitcoin websites in Russia that give  you all clear in 20 minutes after you send them your ID, but USA rules and regulations are very different.

(2) Paper withdrawals through USPS Money Orders are inherently slower.  If there is an issue with USPS you have to allow for 3-4 weeks for trace mails and money order serial numbers.
If you use electronic withdrawal methods like ACH / Wire / Dwolla, we can address those tickets much faster.

Hope this helps you understand our situation better.

Thank you,
     Keyur
Dear Keyur,

In order to protect your reputation, I recommend offering Liralen something in return for posting to this thread in order to prevent more bitcointalk enthusiasts from skipping over CampBX.  It seems like a decent exchange, but a search for any info from Liralen to verify what you wrote above yields nothing.  Alternatively, you can scrub all the data about the resolution of the issue and post it here so everyone can tell that it was resolved, but make sure you scrub it!

I want to see CampBX succeed, but this thread is hindering it.

You can't protect a clown from being laughed at, that's why they're clowns in the 1st place.  I, like yourself attempted to help, got promptly ignored and am now being forced to take extraneous actions because of said conduct.  

I do have to commend you though and to be honest I'd like to contact you and take you up on your offer for future reference.  Please PM me things are in progress right now to work on uniting against POS people like Keyur so WE can ALL ensure BTC does what it CAN do; change the world we live in for the better, because bozos like the circus over at Campbx need to have their scamming run out of town and out of business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DealMaker

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:54:43 PM

No. They are good players and certainly not a scam! We have worked with them in the past and they are fine - email responses can be tardy so try and go through the back-door if possible?

Otherwise - perhaps they have a rep on here to talk with?

Sadly after extensive research it's become known to me(already to authorities) that Keyur and his significant other are the only ones running the operation.  Keyur does the technical/support(if you want to call it that) and his SO pretty much does all the financials, so it's interesting how she seems to actually get the job done (I mailed an MO on Sat 8/17 and it was cashed by her when they received it by 8/22 as Moneygram states).

The only "back-door" I can see is in the attempts I have made to find out actual contact info because as Keyur claims himself that you should be able to reach people (obviously another outright lie).  At any rate here is that "back-door" info since the clown refuses to answer anyone in a timely fashion (also another claim he makes on his twitter and facebook accounts which I'm heading to next). -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281042.0

Also this same lying POS hasn't been here for 2 days see for yourself -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15102

Notice how the age says "2" that isn't to far off from the truth with the behavior we're seeing.
Farooq

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:37:23 PM

I sent a USPS MO to CampBX the beginning of August and it was recieved on the 9th.  I wrote a ticket on the 11th and posted on their Facebook on the 16th.  On my FaceBook post they promised it would be address but it's been 12 days and no response.  It was a couple of hundred dollars but it my money.  It there any recourse or am I screwed?
DealMaker

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:38:22 AM

I sent a USPS MO to CampBX the beginning of August and it was recieved on the 9th.  I wrote a ticket on the 11th and posted on their Facebook on the 16th.  On my FaceBook post they promised it would be address but it's been 12 days and no response.  It was a couple of hundred dollars but it my money.  It there any recourse or am I screwed?

I JUST got a response from Keyur last night, in which he basically asked me the same questions that are already answered here: when/where did I sent the MOs or if I did an electronic deposit through Moneygram (remember folks I posted the info for everyone to read, not sure what the problem is for Keyur to read the exact same thing).  He asked if I had a tracking number, etc.

I received his reply at 10:01pm CST I responded by scanning the additional receipt I had from the store where I bought the MOs and had the email with extra info he didn't even ask for (yes I've dealt with people who are not thorough so I take many extra steps because I'm tired of that behavior).  I sent my reply at 10:22pm CST exactly.  It is now 6:26am CST.

I'm outlining this because of the enormous amount of repetition I'm having to go through (because Keyur isn't reading what I've written and I don't know why).  I don't know what the problem is and I don't know why Keyur is also not honoring the quick MO turn around he claims (I also pointed this out in this thread).  At this point I don't really care because I'm tired of the whole situation and beyond fed up.  Again I'm informing you of this because I also identified where Keyur typically takes 3-4 weeks to resolve (if they do at all) an issue.  This pattern is unmistakably easy to identify by reading these posts so be prepared to deal with this situation longer than the written words on Keyur's website lead you to believe.

For right now, you MUST initiate action with the BBB, this is what I did two days ago, in addition to creating over 138 tickets (Keyur acknowledged this in his email also).  I'm telling you these things because if this is what I have to do to get corrective action, then you can follow me and do the same.  The BBB website to lodge your complaint is -> https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0443&bid=27474482

Let me know if you get no response from Keyur and keep a log of what's happening with very specific details in case you must deal with this situation in a court of Law.

PS: I'm not saying the things I am about Keyur without having first offered to help him, which he promptly ignored.  I am of the opinion that you cannot critize anyone until AFTER they have ignored your offers for help which indicates they have other issues going on (at a personal level) preventing them from accepting or even considering.  Besides if Keyur were to accept my offer he'd actually have thorough, solid, complete customer service and I guess he doesn't want THAT kind of reputation messing with his already stellar reputation now Wink
DealMaker

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:50:43 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 01:17:56 AM by DealMaker

Well Keyur was able to finally write back to me TODAY, however all he did was change my account to verified and now is implying that Moneygram is wrong about the fact that my MOs have been cashed...  Why doesn't he BELIEVE ME?  CALL FOR YOURSELF 800-542-3590 RCPT# R205118376276 and the other R205118376265.  Now you people tell me what that Moneygram system says??  DOES IT NOT SAY THAT MY MOs WERE CASHED ON AUGUST 22ND 2013 OR AM I HALLUCINATING THIS???
Farooq

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:46:59 AM

That looks like my only recourse of action as I've tried all other outlets of resolution.  This is ridiculous and I make sure I post warnings whereever I can about this company
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 07:36:24 AM

I sent a USPS MO to CampBX the beginning of August and it was recieved on the 9th.  I wrote a ticket on the 11th and posted on their Facebook on the 16th.  On my FaceBook post they promised it would be address but it's been 12 days and no response.  It was a couple of hundred dollars but it my money.  It there any recourse or am I screwed?

Farooq,
     I do not see any ticket by your name.  Please PM your ticket number.

We are current on MO processing and all MOs received by Wednesday have already been credited.  If your MO is still not there, then you should be able to cancel it and claim the amount back from issuer.

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
DealMaker

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:47:13 PM

That looks like my only recourse of action as I've tried all other outlets of resolution.  This is ridiculous and I make sure I post warnings whereever I can about this company

I'm with you and I don't really know what's going on at Campbx but, I've had to prove everything so my only recommendation is to keep your documentation.  In addition if you did send them the MOs first check that they've been cashed or not by calling Moneygram, IF they've been cashed and only IF THEN you will be able to obtain copies of who cashed them.  This will cost 16.05 + 7.95 = $24 total per MO.  Here is the link from Moneygram with that pertinent info if you used them -> https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/moneygramonline/home/CustomerService/ServiceForms/PhotocopyRequest

Without proof you will have no way of getting this resolved, so I strongly recommend you get this proof together otherwise you've got nothing. (I'm not defending Keyur or anyone just saying from a personal perspective.)

If you need to PM me and we can discuss privately because again as long as you have your documentation, I am starting to believe that there are major customer service issues at Campbx because Keyur is starting to respond to me (even my highly worked up last message to their support system he finally responded to).  I realize I'm absolutely crazy about people doing the right but, I mean well.
DealMaker

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:14:23 PM

This is the kind of proof I'm talking about that I just got directly from Moneygram.  Just follow the instructions at the link I posted.  Also I DID NOT have my username on this MO, however ALL my verification documents matched up to the exact same info on these MOs.  Keyur suggested I cancel the MOs however you CANNOT do this if you have the same info for who cashed it out as to who you're claiming DIDN'T.  Moneygram called that fraud, therefore I was forced to take this route because of what they told me on the phone.  You can verify all this with them directly.  Below is the image you should expect, I blocked out my personal info for safety reasons.  (this is just one image of two MOs I sent)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/zm5qg.jpg
paulej

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 11:19:28 PM

I tried (unsuccessfully) for over a month to get "verified".  I sent three inquiries asking about a status update, the most recent today.  I never heard anything, though a support ticket remains open.

Today, I decided to look to see if others have problems and I found this thread.  I also found where the BBB gave Bulbul an F rating: http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/business-services-general/bulbul-investments-in-alpharetta-ga-27474482

Apparently, Bulbul will not respond to BBB inquiries, either.

I saw the Fox News article referenced in another thread.  In that article, it mentions the fact that CampBX registered with FinCEN.  Indeed, they did, but they are apparently not registered as a currency exchange.  Go here:
http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html.

Type in "bulbul" as the "Legal Name".  You'll see they are registered as:
    405       Seller of money orders
    408       Check casher
    409       Money transmitter
    499       Other

So, will they have issues operating a currency exchange when not registered using code:
    407       Currency dealer or exchanger

Seems like the last one is most important.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3190

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:53:05 AM

... I saw the Fox News article referenced in another thread.  In that article, it mentions the fact that CampBX registered with FinCEN.  Indeed, they did, but they are apparently not registered as a currency exchange.  Go here:
http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html.

Type in "bulbul" as the "Legal Name".  You'll see they are registered as:
    405       Seller of money orders
    408       Check casher
    409       Money transmitter
    499       Other

So, will they have issues operating a currency exchange when not registered using code:
    407       Currency dealer or exchanger

Seems like the last one is most important.

It looks to me like they registered correctly, as Bitcoin is not considered a currency by FinCEN.

FinCEN's regulations define currency (also referred to as "real" currency) as "the coin and paper money of the United States or of any other country that [ i ] is designated as legal tender and that [ ii ] circulates and [ iii ] is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange in the country of issuance.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Farooq

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:35:41 AM

It has been 60 days since I had a dispute with CampBx which they claimed they never received my MO.  The USPS MO Inquiry shows that they not only received my MO but cashed as well.  When I went to their Facebook page and posted as well as place a ticket they told me it should be resolved by Monday.  I haven't received a response.  I've waited long enough for them to make things right.  The customer service is down right atrocious and has left me no choice but to file a BBB complaint against this company.  Just in case anyone is curious here is what BBB has report about them...

This Business is not BBB Accredited
Bulbul Investments LLC

(510) 545-398713010 Morris Rd Ste 600 Bldg 1, Alpharetta, GA 30004-5096https://campbx.com/

BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating

On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Rating

BBB Ratings System Overview

Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered Bulbul Investments LLC's rating include:

Failure to respond to 3 complaints filed against business.
    BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
    BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made one or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business.

I hope that many will see this and use caution when dealing with this company
btcsolution

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:53:41 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 12:04:34 AM by btcsolution

I am currently having a similar issue with them at the moment. $1,000 in money orders (2 x $500) were deposited by them on 10/25 and were cashed by MoneyGram on 10/30. The money should have been credited to my account on the 10/29 (2 business days after the 10/25), but this has still not happened. According to the ticket replies, they cannot find the money orders in their bank records and therefore won't credit me the money - even though I have copies of the money orders with the deposit date, batch number, etc., showing that the deposit did occur. The money orders had everything necessary on them (username, name, address, etc.) in very legible handwriting as well.

At the moment, I am waiting for their bank (BofA) to do "research" to find the missing money orders. The problem is, according to various posts on this site, my case does not appear to be an isolated one, and that raises a huge red flag - bank deposits just don't disappear, even on an irregular basis, for the same bank customer.
bittech9438

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:21:08 AM

I'm having a different problem with CampBX - can't get money out through ACH (Direct Deposit).
Anyone else having issues with ACH withdrawals?

1. I initiated an ACH withdrawl of 532.04 on 10-25-2013. Executed on the system at 18:03:42 (per the history).
2. Opened ticket number YXZ-251-46719 on 11-2-2013. Sonny V replied, said it should be close, please wait and closed the issue.
3. Wrote back, no response.
4. Opened ticket number TZK-127-99217 on 11-14-2013. Sonny V replied, said the treasurer will look into it. No acknowledgement or replies to any of my emails back though. No response since then.

It's now been 30 days with 532.04 missing.
Any advice on what to do next?

finecoin568

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:11:23 AM

Thanks
btcsolution

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:59:47 AM

I'm having a different problem with CampBX - can't get money out through ACH (Direct Deposit).
Anyone else having issues with ACH withdrawals?

1. I initiated an ACH withdrawl of 532.04 on 10-25-2013. Executed on the system at 18:03:42 (per the history).
2. Opened ticket number YXZ-251-46719 on 11-2-2013. Sonny V replied, said it should be close, please wait and closed the issue.
3. Wrote back, no response.
4. Opened ticket number TZK-127-99217 on 11-14-2013. Sonny V replied, said the treasurer will look into it. No acknowledgement or replies to any of my emails back though. No response since then.

It's now been 30 days with 532.04 missing.
Any advice on what to do next?

6 weeks for me and they're holding on to my $1,000 after cashing my money orders and claiming they never saw them. This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.
bittech9438

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:17:09 AM

I did get a response on this (the ACH transfer) finally, Sonny V said there was a problem with the bank account number, and the balance would be back in my CampBX account in 5-7 business days. Good to know that there are responses sometimes. However still waiting, it's been a lot longer than 7 business days already. We shall see.  Roll Eyes
David7

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:02:15 AM

I'm in shock by the phrase: 'Said that they removed $2500 and put it aside'
imagine that you go to bank and bank say - you very rich and in this case we put your money in our pockets.
Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:34:07 PM

Well they are very slow and Keyur had this** to say in an interview but yet no phone number is available to contact them and they are not responding to my tickets.

However, users aren’t the same as exchanges. Mithawala said an exchange has to be transparent, visible and credible: it has to be backed by people you can name and phone numbers you can call.

I believe my funds will be 'unlocked' but the delay is plain wrong at this point.

This is a quote from an interview found here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/10/camp_bx_goes_live/

Did you try 510-545-3987 Huh
http://www.manta.com/c/mx3x6lq/bulbul-investments-llc

I called it 2 days ago and no answer or voicemail. I also tried emailing support@campbx.com and it bounced. I submitted a support ticket 2 days ago and nothing yet.

I've been converting my BTC to $s there since May and have had no problems for 16 withdrawals, until now. In the last 9 days I've made two ACH withdrawals to the same account as always and nothing. My credit union researched it from their side and called that phone # and learned nothing.

ghghghfgh
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 11:42:29 PM

Well they are very slow and Keyur had this** to say in an interview but yet no phone number is available to contact them and they are not responding to my tickets.

However, users aren’t the same as exchanges. Mithawala said an exchange has to be transparent, visible and credible: it has to be backed by people you can name and phone numbers you can call.

I believe my funds will be 'unlocked' but the delay is plain wrong at this point.

This is a quote from an interview found here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/10/camp_bx_goes_live/

Did you try 510-545-3987 Huh
http://www.manta.com/c/mx3x6lq/bulbul-investments-llc

I called it 2 days ago and no answer or voicemail. I also tried emailing support@campbx.com and it bounced. I submitted a support ticket 2 days ago and nothing yet.

I've been converting my BTC to $s there since May and have had no problems for 16 withdrawals, until now. In the last 9 days I've made two ACH withdrawals to the same account as always and nothing. My credit union researched it from their side and called that phone # and learned nothing.

I'd literally be pulling as much as I could out of there ASAP with this news, and another guy in service announcements forum said the same thing.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: