Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:09:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone bought Trezor wallet? Custom asking for 3300rs Bucks as Duty  (Read 3268 times)
Notieboie (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 11:33:05 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2020, 04:45:35 PM by Notieboie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 05:11:28 AM

If you are looking for hardware wallet, IMHO, Trezor is best. I got it using expressed shipping, and there was no extra charges in customs or tax etc.

Order it on your personal name and address, for business address and name they MAY ask for declaration and verification documents.

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
tech_solutions

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:46:06 AM

If you are looking for hardware wallet, IMHO, Trezor is best. I got it using expressed shipping, and there was no extra charges in customs or tax etc.

Order it on your personal name and address, for business address and name they MAY ask for declaration and verification documents.

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay

can you give me more details about how much good is to use Trezor and what and all facility is available to use it. benefits
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 05:50:57 AM

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay

can you give me more details about how much good is to use Trezor and what and all facility is available to use it. benefits

Well thats you will get on their website, but few points
1. Its very secure if you follow guidelines.
2. Device is compact and easy to use.
3. Bitcoins are recoverable even if  you lose device.

Go through below
https://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-user/index.html

It has all the details

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay

Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:26:36 AM

I had bought this as well and have used it extensively. I got it on some offer where i paid for 2 and got 3 delivered.

I got it to my personal name and did not end up paying any custom duty.

Regards

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 11:05:25 AM

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay
What were the charges of expressed shipping? Does the product come with any service guarantee?
3. Bitcoins are recoverable even if  you lose device.
This indeed is a very great advantage
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:10:02 PM

If you get two of them, you can essentially make the second one the clone of first. Then you can use any one of those devices to sign the transaction and keep the other one safely.

Also there is a nice password protection which works like it is the part of the initial key. If this password is wrong, you dont really get a message that it is wrong but the trezor loads the wrong wallets - so even if your trezor gets mis-placed, they cannot really brute force your password easily.

Regards

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 01:41:52 PM

I bought the trezor finally but i am quite shocked after contacting the dhl Support, they are asking for 3337rs custom duty charges on this?
I mean really? anyone can help me sort this out please reach me if possible
The product is still in transit and will take a day or two to reach, i have already raised a complaint mail and contacted support

I am getting this
'We thank you for writing to us.

We wish to inform you that as per invoice the contents are Data security device with cable and Trezor white or USB device and the total amount mentioned is 104 USD. The shipment has been filed as per the invoice and duty calculated accordingly, kindly find the duty invoice attached for your reference."

or

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We wish to inform you that the duty has been levied by the customs on the reappraised value. The assessable value has been revised by customs to 8400 INR and 1850 INR to bring it in line with the market value. This is because during examination, the customs found the value declared as too low. Hence, duty levied is correct and we request you to make the payment to affect the delivery. Kindly find bill of entry attached"

Any help? this really ruined my day

Well, it looks like something has changed or you are unfortunate. I have not paid any duty fro my trezor and as per dashigriddler also he has not paid any duty.

I have no idea if you can contest/challenge custom duty evaluations.  I hope someone else can help you with the same.

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:41:21 AM

There was an offer of 3 for 2 when i got them. I paid in BTC. I got the delivery to my doorstep and no customs. May be it did come to my individual name and hence did not get struck at customs.

Also, like Mahin says, it just looks to be an unfortunate situation. Also 3300rs customs is too much for a piece though.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:44:38 AM

I bought the trezor finally but i am quite shocked after contacting the dhl Support, they are asking for 3337rs custom duty charges on this?
The product is still in transit and will take a day or two to reach, i have already raised a complaint mail and contacted support

I am getting this

We wish to inform you that as per invoice the contents are Data security device with cable and Trezor white or USB device and the total amount mentioned is 104 USD. The shipment has been filed as per the invoice and duty calculated accordingly, kindly find the duty invoice attached for your reference."

or

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We wish to inform you that the duty has been levied by the customs on the reappraised value. The assessable value has been revised by customs to 8400 INR and 1850 INR to bring it in line with the market value. This is because during examination, the customs found the value declared as too low. Hence, duty levied is correct and we request you to make the payment to affect the delivery. Kindly find bill of entry attached"

If you have some contacts in customs, you can ask for a revaluation. They will probably assess it again, maybe they are assessing it under the wrong HS code, you may provide them the right HS code which may have a different duty percentage to be paid. However, what will then happen is that the wallet will have to be stored in warehouse, and dhl will start charging you warehousing charges. which will make the duty amount keep going up. It is only 3300 rupees, just pay the duty, get your product and get done with it. If you dont pay and get stuck, trying to eventually get it out of customs will be a greater headache, than anything else.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:37:14 AM

Customs usually charges higher for things in demand. What i would recommend is that you use Bread wallet.

As you are looking for security, Bread wallet is the most secure as it combine the security of IOS.  Smiley
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:40:49 AM

Customs usually charges higher for things in demand. What i would recommend is that you use Bread wallet.

As you are looking for security, Bread wallet is the most secure as it combine the security of IOS.  Smiley
I doubt if customs can really see that trezor is in demand. They would be catching on words like "secure" and "wallet" to access its value if they think the invoice is under valued and if they cannot find the real value online from official source.

Regards

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:22:00 AM

I am getting this

or

Next time get your parcel marked as "Gift", you wont have to pay duty on that amount with the parcel being marked as gift. Now there is really nothing you can do about it. Just pay the duty and get your Trezor, later on write a letter to the Customs claiming that your parcel's value was incorrectly determined(if you are extremely lucky then they will refund you some money).
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:40:22 AM

Serious businesses do not entertain a request to mark the parcel as gift. If they get caught, then they may have to face penalties etc in their country.

It is not really advisable to mark the item as gift or declare it under valued - both the buyer and seller could end up in trouble.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:55:55 PM

Serious businesses do not entertain a request to mark the parcel as gift. If they get caught, then they may have to face penalties etc in their country.

It is not really advisable to mark the item as gift or declare it under valued - both the buyer and seller could end up in trouble.

Different countries has different rules of custom. So we should be careful in transactions to avoid penalties.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:56:57 PM

It used to work for me, but if someone doesn't want to mark it as gift then I guess levying tax on trezor was absolutely fine on part of customs.
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:51:09 AM

It used to work for me, but if someone doesn't want to mark it as gift then I guess levying tax on trezor was absolutely fine on part of customs.
Yo, just that sometimes it escapes and some times we end up paying.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:17:26 PM

Yo, just that sometimes it escapes and some times we end up paying.

Most of the times custom cannot be escaped.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:31:44 AM

Did you brought it finally or its still with customs?
Notieboie (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:11:00 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2020, 04:46:28 PM by Notieboie

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: