Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @CfB Please tell us the reason why you need to use a "root" port for IOTA  (Read 2636 times)
domsch

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:49:43 PM

Well the offer me to buy some software during Crowdsale, I liked the idea DAG and bought some.

What have I done wrong  Huh

Did you verify that Iota adhered to all laws and regulations for selling investment securities in every jurisdiction where they offered the "tokens" for sale to investors?

Specifically did they register these tokens with the SEC in the USA? If not, did they restrict non-qualified USA investors from obtaining the coins?

I hope you aware it is against the policy of crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo to offer any shares or redeemable tokens to contributors.

I don't think that you understand how token sales work.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:51:36 PM

You kinda alluding that you hacked facebook in early days via sshd vulnerability and steal the soruce code  Huh

Further idiotic posts from an obvious shill.

When you don't understand the first thing about the internet why on earth would you invest your money with an unprofessional software developer who claims that "ternary logic" is some sort of "magic mist"?

First thing about the internet is that Linux servers is been manageable via ssh even Red Hat Satellite uses it, but keep enlightening me Mr. Non Idiot qualified software engineer  Smiley
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:52:32 PM

First thing about the internet is that Linux servers is been manageable via ssh even Red Hat Satellite uses it, but keep enlightening me Mr. Non Idiot qualified software engineer  Smiley

The above sentence doesn't even make sense.

Perhaps you need to learn English or computer science before posting again?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:52:55 PM

Haha, you ran out of alcohol Ian and decided to copypaste a vacuous attempt by someone else from a couple days back?

And to think I ever believed that despite your flaws and trolling that you had some sort of technical ability. You should go back to doing music Ian

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:53:44 PM

Haha, you ran out of alcohol Ian and decided to copypaste a vacuous attempt by someone else from a couple days back?

And to think I ever believed that despite your flaws and trolling that you had some sort of technical ability. You should go back to doing music Ian

Good - I've got you here as well - it is nice to see all the scammers in the one topic.

(you still can't answer the OP question though can you)

Cheesy

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:53:53 PM

I guess rooting helps to test better, with no privileges faults etc. Also more quick. Anyways, for Reference Implementation, I can't see why not. I bet it can/will change in the future, so no harm to think out of the box (yes even out of these IT/networking manuals) for specific purposes.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:55:34 PM

I guess rooting helps to test better, with no privileges faults etc. Also more quick. Anyways, for Reference Implementation, I can't see why not. I bet it can/will change in the future, so no harm to think out of the box (yes even out of these IT/networking manuals) for specific purposes.

Sorry - that is just rubbish.

You do not create seriously *dangerous software* (and that is why Linux prevents non-root users from running daemons with ports less than 1025) for any purpose other than a bad one.

So either @CfB is incompetent (should have used a port >= 1025 or at least put that in a config file) or he is malicious (trying to control peoples computers as "root").

Take your pick. Wink

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:58:19 PM

I'm now sober?

Strange how you keep changing between saying that I am drunk or not.

(you should probably try and be more consistent)

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 02:51:11 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 03:55:53 AM by CIYAM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1398969.msg14222713#msg14222713

Apparently because "security is a PITA". Cheesy

(we can see now why he didn't want to come clean)

Also apparently a "reference implementation" (in Belarus at least) is a "poorly written piece of insecure code" (most other people would probably use the word "prototype" instead).

Hopefully the software isn't some sort of back door that the suckers have installed with root privileges.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 04:11:54 AM

Congratulations - it would be pretty certain to say that you spent more time finding that image to make fun of me than @CfB did on the security of his software (maybe he should hire you as his security expert). Cheesy

Also - thanks for the bump (the "non-investors" should be aware of exactly what they are involved with so the trolling only helps).

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 04:37:36 AM

Yup - pathetic ad-homs are about all you lot have isn't it.

(we know for certain that you don't have any decent software)

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:06:02 AM

Yup - pathetic ad-homs are about all you lot have isn't it.

Yeah, right, boozy  Roll Eyes

[...] fucktards [...]
[...] drug fucked [...]
idiot [...]
drug-fucked [...]
[...] "pussy" [...]
asshole [...]
[...] pathetic little pussy [...]
pathetic piece of shit [...]
Fuckwits [...]
[...] fucking pussy [...]
asshole [...]
[...] idiot [...]
[...] "mega-retard" [...]
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:06:35 AM

It should be noted that having a daemon running with root privileges could result in the OS being attacked (especially when the software is of such poor/prototype quality).

Those that decide they are going to run this software would be advised to at least run the software in a VM for their own protection.

runall

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:11:56 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 07:12:37 AM by runall

Hey CIYAM you stupid dude you are not a programmer you old idiot

You promised much for Nxt but nothing furnished

What are you drinking today
you pathetic piece of shit ?  Shocked
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:15:48 AM

Thankfully we can use trolls as an effective way to keep bumping a topic up. Wink

Warning: Do not run IOTA unless you are running it in a VM or risk your OS being attacked.

(and if you are a non-investor then maybe you should consider really becoming a non-investor)

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:43:42 AM

Thanks again to our bumping troll we can be sure that everyone on this forum will learn that IOTA has been so poorly coded that you would be at risk of being back-doored were you to install and run it (my advice would be simply not to do that at all).

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:49:42 AM

Ian, why don't you give it a break. You're rep is bad enough:

You are a proven thief. [1]
You are a proven liar. [1]
You are a proven extortionist. [1]
You are an unsuccessful developer. [2]
You are a pathetic ad-hominem attack guy. [3]

On the bright side, you do have experience and potential. But you need to control your anger and jealousy and accept the fact that there are brighter and more succesful devs out there.
Stop drinking, try to get on their team, control your delusions of grandeur and you might be able to find contentment and happiness.

[1]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084350.10
I sent numerous reports to mods to delete the off-topic posts but they seemingly decided that such posts are "fine and dandy" in this forum.
Result is that my wife has now confiscated my off-line computer that has the 50 BTC that the forum has asked me to look after.
If the forum ever wants those 50 BTC back then I suggest you might want to delete those offensive posts.
Also if I were the forum member who made those posts I'd never plan to travel to China in the future.

[2]
"A platform for creating and maintaining 100% generated C++ web applications." -> I know you spent half a lifetime on this, but frankly, there is no demand for it - ever.

[3]
[...] fucktards [...]
[...] drug fucked [...]
idiot [...]
drug-fucked [...]
[...] "pussy" [...]
asshole [...]
[...] pathetic little pussy [...]
pathetic piece of shit [...]
Fuckwits [...]
[...] fucking pussy [...]
asshole [...]
[...] idiot [...]
[...] "mega-retard" [...]
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:51:43 AM

Again we get another troll bump.

Keep up the good work guys.

Warning: IOTA is insecure poorly written software and should be assumed to be a back-door (or worse).

runall

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:04:22 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 07:13:14 AM by runall

YEAHHHH you are bumping again ... for your pleasure  Grin Grin Grin

unerringly in bull's-eye

Warning: old stupid non-programmer don't touch your little AT pussy again. It's really REALLY REALLY dangerous!

paparazzi photo: old stupid programmer at work  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 06:06:47 AM

My, my what lovely sorts of people this IOTA project attracts to itself.  Roll Eyes

Warning: If you have installed this software and given it root privileges you should consider the OS as being at risk of attack.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: