Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:32:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfetch - Anonymous Remote Torrent Downloading  (Read 20519 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:31:11 PM

I miss the search feature. It was really giving me good results and made life easier.

i have had decent luck with http://www.scrapetorrent.com/

I use metasearch.torrentproject.com with great satisfaction.

However, it's about only having to go to one site (bitfetch) with nifty easy-to-use interface and no-crap search feature.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:01:11 PM

Just wanted to say that I have used the service again and it worked flawlessly!

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Scrat Acorns (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:26:35 AM

Moving to a new server.

There will be some downtime as DNS changes propagate.
Scrat Acorns (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:35:31 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 06:11:21 PM by Scrat Acorns

Server move is finished.

If you were affected by this downtime PM or email me and I'll credit your account.

I really do hate hosting providers sometimes.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:54:30 PM

I confirm that all my stuff looks like it moved correctly.

What was the reason for the move?  Did they get upset about the nature of the service?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Scrat Acorns (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:31:16 PM

I confirm that all my stuff looks like it moved correctly.

What was the reason for the move?  Did they get upset about the nature of the service?

Nothing of the sort. The new server is more powerful and has 4 times the disk space.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 04:01:14 AM

Just noticed I hadn't praised your service yet! You saved my life at least 5 times so far Wink

As my balance was just short 4MB of the file I wanted to download and that I am not addicted to Wink, I flipped over another $5, realizing that this bought me 25GB. Nice. Smiley Your service is most likely a niche product but for people that get discriminated like me, it is just great. Touching torrents kills all internet traffic for a minute totally reproducible.

How is your stance on sharing one account? Somebody posted a link on facebook. Sure, long time you will not like that but to get the word out, maybe? Public sharing would be easy to keep under control by allowing to send the coins back again (full wallet)

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:29:50 PM

friend just got €950 fine for bittorrenting some shit.

time to introduce him to bitfetch.

problem is: site doesn't seem to work: says "0% fetching magnet metadata" on different magnet urls.

EDIT: it might've been 2 bad magnets

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:38:40 PM

friend just got €950 fine for bittorrenting some shit.

time to introduce him to bitfetch.

problem is: site doesn't seem to work: says "0% fetching magnet metadata" on different magnet urls.

EDIT: it might've been 2 bad magnets

Uhm … wtf?? I had some whatnot GB left in my account and now I went there and it says "BALANCE0.0 KB"? I wanted to check for you but apparently I deleted a cookie. I should have the link somewhere though. Maybe optional login wouldn't be a bad idea. Cookies are something people tend to delete from time to time.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:43:08 PM

Uhm … wtf?? I had some whatnot GB left in my account and now I went there and it says "BALANCE0.0 KB"? I wanted to check for you but apparently I deleted a cookie. I should have the link somewhere though. Maybe optional login wouldn't be a bad idea. Cookies are something people tend to delete from time to time.
Bookmark the link with your token. Easy. Smiley

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:45:08 PM

I still have the cookie. How do I get the token?

Krak

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

I still have the cookie. How do I get the token?
Click the "Deposit" button and save the link with "token=<character string>" at the end. I just keep it bookmarked for whenever my cookies disappear.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

I thought I did that but right now I don't find it. I will. Eventually. If not, it's not the end of the world neither.

Krak are you the new owner of bitfetch? Scrat Acorns said he sold bitfetch and I kind of like to know who I'm dealing with when I trust them with my money. As the sums at stake are low or at least can be kept low, I don't necessarily need to know who the owner is but still I prefer to know who I'm dealing with.

ɃɃ
Krak

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:16:56 PM

I thought I did that but right now I don't find it. I will. Eventually. If not, it's not the end of the world neither.

Krak are you the new owner of bitfetch? Scrat Acorns said he sold bitfetch and I kind of like to know who I'm dealing with when I trust them with my money. As the sums at stake are low or at least can be kept low, I don't necessarily need to know who the owner is but still I prefer to know who I'm dealing with.
Nah, I'm not affiliated with the site at all; just a happy customer. Where did he say that he sold it?

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:35:52 PM

Nah, I'm not affiliated with the site at all; just a happy customer. Where did he say that he sold it?
In a pm. I wasn't sure if he said it in the thread, so now I'm a bit confused why he makes it a secret here and tells me he sold there.

ɃɃ
Scrat Acorns (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:43:58 AM

In a pm. I wasn't sure if he said it in the thread, so now I'm a bit confused why he makes it a secret here and tells me he sold there.

Not a secret. I was waiting for the new owner to post here, which he will do shortly.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:44:41 AM

Not a secret. I was waiting for the new owner to post here, which he will do shortly.

Don't know wether I like this news. New owner will have to prove he can run the service as smoothly as you have. A bit sad. Hope you got an adequate price.

Scrat Acorns (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:45:36 AM

Don't know wether I like this news. New owner will have to prove he can run the service as smoothly as you have. A bit sad. Hope you got an adequate price.

He has been running it for the past 40 days.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:46:47 AM

He has been running it for the past 40 days.

Yeah, but will he make frequent improvements as you have? I doubt it if only for one reason: the service is close to perfect as it is now.

bitfetch

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 11:51:51 AM

Hello everyone, I am the new owner of bitfetch.

FTR, Scrat was willing to sell and I took the opportunity as a small user to keep the site alive and competitive in the future. Like you say molecular, the site is close to perfect.

Cost is now 0.001 BTC per GB

Why? During the last 40 days the site revenue was 7BTC. More than enough to cover the server expenses for the next 6 months!

I want the offer to stay attractive and I am listening to your feedbacks.

Gizmo > The idea of a full wallet is a good idea. Thanks for the feedback. However seeing Instawallet issues, I think the risk is too high.

molecular > I have also seen bad magnets not working, you can try to delete the end of the magnets dirname, sometimes it will work. Most do work.

I have also received the following requests from a heavy user:

(1) bump up the time before deletion.

(2) provide optional email contact when the whole torrent has been downloaded.

Thank you for your feedback. Obviously the main competitor of bitfetch are seedboxing services like feral (+setup an https access for your files).

The main advantage of bitfetch being that I do not require your email. Bitcoin is not linked to your personal identity and your privacy is respected.

So I dont think we will open an email contact option.

Dont hesitate to PM me with your [requests]. And thanks again to the founder  : Scrat Acorns

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: