Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill Discussion Thread  (Read 8889 times)
Drifter (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 01:26:55 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2011, 03:05:49 PM by Drifter

www.tradehill.com

Please do NOT post referrals here. Put them in your signature if necessary. This is hopefully going to be focused on the discussion of the exchange and without the clutter.

So far so good on my end. I deposited some Dwolla and deposited some bitcoins last night to test out speed. My Dwolla showed up on Tradehill within a couple hours and the bitcoins roughly an hour and a half. With the referrals making the fees cheaper than Mt. Gox, and with there being more withdrawal options, Paypal being one of them, it seems fitting to be called a Mt. Gox competitor.

Personally I don't have any problems with Mt. Gox, and will continue to use their service as well, but I see tradehill being my second goto site for bitcoin trades.

Opinions? Experiences? Predictions?

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NielDLR

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 01:45:18 PM

It is tough for a non-US, non-EU, non-AUS citizen to do international payments and feel secure with it. South Africa only recently got allowed to withdraw money from Paypal. Digital payments are a pain, besides credit cards and Paypal, but of course they are more risky and prone to fraud.

Tradehill seems to be more open towards more currencies and more withdrawal/depositing options, which makes me happy. I contacted them for more details about setting up a BTC/ZAR exchange (still need to hear back though), but just that they are willing to expand is great. I can withdraw with Paypal, which is awesome, but now to get the money in, that is still a bit tough. I can do international direct bank payment, but I'd let Tradehill prove themselves first, before trusting my money like that.

Furthermore, the withdrawal options are awesome. I say, it looks good. A good future lies ahead methinks.

The Cypherfunks - A decentralized band and cryptocurrency. The first cryptocollective.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 01:55:06 PM

Still a bit more difficult to get money from the "Eurozone" to Tradehill than to MtGox, I expect the first person to become a EUR accepting contractor to (potentially) get into a lot of trouble but also to make a LOT of money in the process.

Generally I really like their ideas of also selling a few online "goods" (like WoW-codes, Amazon gift codes...) as well as offering bank transfers.

What I'm still wondering is, if you can now or in the future also convert between currencies also directly (not going over the BTC step) to profit from arbitrage rates (22 EUR = >32 USD!) or if you can at least offer this as a service too.

Also at last credit card deposits would be a great thing to have, I'm not sure how high the risk of chargeback is there and how to prevent it (freeze funds for a certain time?!) but as an option it would be awesome. Maybe also something to consider, should you want to get a lot of money - the first one brave enough offering this, will see a LOT of money going through probably.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
bitcoinTrader

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:01:03 PM

I think site looks good at first look.
I was surprised to see INR as option to deposit money.
Since I own the account in the bank listed, I can transfer without any charge.

But the question for me at the moment is, will there be volume in INR/BTC pair?
I know max volume will be in USD/BTC.

Hence, if I can do below:
Deposit : INR (bank account)
Trade : USD/BTC
Withdraw : INR (bank account) or USD(paypal), though wudnt prefer paypal   Lips sealed

have put the same query to tradehill, still to get reply.

td

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:06:42 PM

It would be nice if tradehill better showed your referrals and how the referral fees are earned. I've got a lot of people signing up under my code but it doesn't show many anything until they start making trades.
bitcoinTrader

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:20:46 PM

It would be nice if tradehill better showed your referrals and how the referral fees are earned. I've got a lot of people signing up under my code but it doesn't show many anything until they start making trades.

Its is shown in profile.
For example, see mine below:

Referral Code: TH-R1682
Referral Benefit: 10% off commissions.
Referral Rate: 10.0% of all commissions generated.
Number of Users Referred: 2

freespirit

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:24:48 PM

The more exchanges the better. Until now Mt.Gox being the place where the majority of trades occur is kind of a single point of failure (if governments/CBs will go after it's bank accounts).
td

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:39:34 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2011, 02:58:49 PM by td

Its is shown in profile.
For example, see mine below:

I know it shows me that. What I am saying, is how much each person does. I am refunding 20% of the earned commissions to the people that signed up under me. Currently they have to prove to me their trades because I don't have that information easily showed to me.
crazy987

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:47:24 PM

seems good to me
easier then mt Gox imho.

will try to trade on it asap.
that they are using paypal is a sure plus for me!
topcash

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:33:50 PM

I need a little help with tradehill.

I deposited money from dwolla into tradehill.

Then I clicked BTC instant buy.  I tried 1 coin to test.

Now what?  I dont see any place to insert my bitcoin address.

What am i doing wrong,  thanks for your help.
Drifter (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:36:57 PM

If you made the trade, you should now have 1 bitcoin in your tradehill account (check your dashboard).

You can withdraw that bitcoin in the withdraw section. Click "BTC" for currency.

Bazil

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:41:09 PM

I think it should show the amount the trade is going to cost in real time like mtgox does, as well as having both things on the same page.  That makes it much easier to play the highs and lows of the market at a rapid pace.

17Bo9a6YpXN2SbwY8mXLCD43Wup9ZE4rwm
topcash

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:47:38 PM

Ok I did the withdraw to my bitcoin address,  in process.

Still didnt ask for my address.  Will the system ask for the address after it processes?

I figured there was a spot someplace in the profile section to add your bitcoin address.
Drifter (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:49:15 PM

On the withdrawal page:

Instructions

To initiate a Bitcoin transfer and remove funds from TradeHill enter the amount you would like to withdraw in the first box then paste the address you would like receive the Bitcoin transfer in box "A"

Drifter (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:53:26 PM

Is there a way to add bitcoins from my wallet to my TradeHill account?

https://www.tradehill.com/DepositOverview/BTC

topcash

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:56:44 PM

I see the instructions now.  But I forgot to add my address in box "A"

Is there a way to cancel my withdraw request and start over?
Drifter (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:58:35 PM

Might want to contact them. I would assume the order would just get cancelled but who knows. If it doesn't have an address to send to, it can't go anywhere.

Drifter (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 05:42:17 PM

Also, props to Bruce Wagner and The Bitcoin Show for the interview with TradeHill. Just got to check it out. Production value can definitely rise, but it was nice to have an hour long discussion on the topic. I have faith in TH's business model and think they are in it long-term.

The Bitcoin Show on http://onlyonetv.com

Current-C

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:50:07 PM

So far so good -- deposited one btc and sold it for usd.  Haven't withdrawn yet though. 
tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:15:19 PM

Thought I'd put my experience here.

I transferred in 30BTC last night.  Put a sell order, they sold immediately.  I put in a request for a withdraw with Dwolla, had the money within the hour.

The process for withdrawing money is a bit confusing (Box A - Box G?), but I'm sure it will be prettied up eventually.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: