Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:10:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this mean that ETH is irrelevant (smart contracts on bitcoin blockchain)  (Read 1659 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:21:15 PM

everything you can do on other altcoin, it can always be done on bitcoin, altcoin are only good for testing new stuff, if it is a good stuff, bitcoin will absorb it

altcoin are good as a guinea pigs

Not everything. Bitcoin will never be as anonymous as Monero.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:25:55 PM

everything you can do on other altcoin, it can always be done on bitcoin, altcoin are only good for testing new stuff, if it is a good stuff, bitcoin will absorb it

Really Huh Smiley)

Increasing block size takes one line of code (http://gavinandresen.ninja/a-guided-tour-of-the-2mb-fork). Change one line and BTC will scale. I've tested it. It works.

For over 10 months the devs and community can't agree about changing one fucking line of code, because "it's not that easy", but wait....  

"everything you can do on other altcoin, it can always be done on bitcoin"

Right now Bitcoin project is frozen. It's a question 2-3 months for tons of transactions to be delayed even if they pay the default 0.0001 BTC.

In my opinion it's a time bomb ticking...

Yawn. FUD.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6346

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:48:25 AM

Aren't these pretty old news?

I found this from 2014:

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-recreates-ethereums-smart-contract-platform-on-bitcoin/

Quote from: counterparty.io
With Counterparty Contracts, users may write Turing Complete smart contracts into the Bitcoin blockchain and execute their code on all Counterparty nodes. We’ve ported Ethereum’s language and virtual machine over to the Counterparty platform, using the pyethereum codebase. The result is hosted on GitHub and open for public testing. Today, you can take Turing Complete Ethereum code, or write your own, and run it on Bitcoin with Counterparty. Anything that one could ever do with Ethereum, one can now do with Bitcoin and Counterparty.

I have to admit that I am not sure if the actual Ethereum Smart contract system is in some way "superior" to the Counterparty system, as the CP implementation seems to be a fork of a ETH beta version.

Edit: Ah, I see: in 2014 it was only a experimental Testnet feature, and now it went live (or is about to) in the Counterparty mainnet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:43:45 AM

Likely true.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:22:16 AM

And unless you can guarantee it works 100% always it's useless.
And you never can.. and as soon as you guys printed "Secure, Untraceable" etc on your Hoodies..
You will be hacked ..sooner or later.

Notice how no computer technology stays secure forever ?
I do ..i am a cracker Wink

EDIT:
Point being is having one more Anon than the other is meaningless bullshit.
That is like saying i am secure'ish and another guy saying i am secure'isher more than you.. some what. sort of

FUD first & ask questions later™
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:25:24 AM

Yeah you can absorb the good stuff as long you get consensus and we know how hard that has been recently

As this will be a useful external "add-on" on the top of bitcoin but not going to change the bitcoin protocol itself, I think this will have a lot more acceptance.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:26:11 PM

Not true. 99.99% altcoin uses faster blocks, Bitcoin does not adopt faster blocks for some stupid reason. Even increasing block size is taking forever.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: