Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with a Cointerra Terraminer IV  (Read 1671 times)
wolfsta (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:35:36 PM

Hi All

New to the forum, I have a cointerra terraminer iv, that has sat doing nothing for a long time. Bought it and never really used it due to room mates and A/C issues (poor planning and investment on my part) What should I do with it?  Is it worth setting up and letting it tick away mining?  Should I just trash it?  Can these miners be used for anything else?   I tried to sell but no interest even for $50.

Thanks for your thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Legacy2005

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:25:30 PM

it depends.

do you have free power? then sure set it up and mine

if not you could try to mine an alt coin. or just sell/trash it
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 09:35:47 PM

Pull it apart for spare parts like the power supplies, the fans and the water coolers, and throw the rest in the bin.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:32:27 PM

Pull it apart for spare parts like the power supplies, the fans and the water coolers, and throw the rest in the bin.

You might try selling the part's to.  I had one C1 that was trouble and some blades just had issues.  I made a decent amount more parting it all out, then I would have for 1/2 working gear.

So with old gear parting out is not a bad idea.  I almost made off parts what my working one did, just took more time and effort.
Olaf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:53:43 AM

Hi All

New to the forum, I have a cointerra terraminer iv, that has sat doing nothing for a long time. Bought it and never really used it due to room mates and A/C issues (poor planning and investment on my part) What should I do with it?  Is it worth setting up and letting it tick away mining?  Should I just trash it?  Can these miners be used for anything else?   I tried to sell but no interest even for $50.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Your best bet to recoupe the investment if you havent already is try to flip it back on ebay.

Usually a new face into bitcoin are into those things since they dont want to pay using bitcoin, so charge the large premium.

QuentinA

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:25:25 PM

I'd buy it, where are you located? (please be EU)

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK
HelioHash

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

https://twitter.com/HelioHash

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 04:24:04 PM

You want to trash 2 TH/s minner  ? Grin

I think its better to find good SHA altcoin
and mine it.

vote for delegate heliohash on Ark mainnet.
80% profit sharing with voters every Friday. https://twitter.com/HelioHash
IanQuinn

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:37:30 PM

Did the OP ever return?  I would be interested in it.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:07:58 AM

seems he went away after his first post in this forum. if you are interested to a cointerra terraminer Iv. you should buy from nearest place.. shipping of these things might be little hard.
IanQuinn

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:34:41 PM

seems he went away after his first post in this forum. if you are interested to a cointerra terraminer Iv. you should buy from nearest place.. shipping of these things might be little hard.
I understand these where one of the best when they came out.  Just wanted to understand a mining machine and get a good look inside.  Already did the numbers, and can not use it to mine as it would lose money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: