Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people own 21 BTC aproximately?  (Read 6701 times)
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:08:53 AM

21 BTC is about the price of a 3 year old used Toyota Corolla in the US. Unless you are still a student or you come from a third world country, it is still not too hard to buy 21 BTC using fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:16:28 AM

How many people would you say that own 21 BTC approximately nowadays? What % you are at if you own 21 BTC?

I know it's hard to guesstimate since we can't know how many people how X addresses, but maybe there is some way to make a reasonable stimulation.

I ask this because a lot of people have this dream of owning 21 BTC as a storage of value for the very long term (10+ years). I think it's excellent advice, to own this amount on the most important network ever. I also dream to reach that amount before it's too late, so im hoping the price stays where it's at before we break ATH again.

We dont have that kind of technology or statistics to tell how many have 21 btc on their wallet. Even if they have they would not advertise as to not attract hackers. But out of my 200 friends who are bitcoin users there are only two who have that kind of amount or more in their wallet. One is my crowndfunding expert friend and the other is the owner of a dice game site.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:36:03 AM

I think only big traders, rich people and gamblers can hold that much. Unless the person is an absolute fanatic about BTC he may also hold that amount. However, everyday people who just do signature campaigns; I doubt such an amount is imaginable to them. Smiley
Nowl1935

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:34:07 AM

How many people would you say that own 21 BTC approximately nowadays? What % you are at if you own 21 BTC?

I know it's hard to guesstimate since we can't know how many people how X addresses, but maybe there is some way to make a reasonable stimulation.

I ask this because a lot of people have this dream of owning 21 BTC as a storage of value for the very long term (10+ years). I think it's excellent advice, to own this amount on the most important network ever. I also dream to reach that amount before it's too late, so im hoping the price stays where it's at before we break ATH again.

I think there are few people who own 21 btc, maybe he/she is a mining owner, or maybe a gambling site owner, or a gambler. I mean, that's only a dream, because everyone of us wants to have that big amount even if it's almost impossible to have that. Keep faith only haha.
EssentialCoin

Activity: 354

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:27:12 AM

I think there are few people who own 21 btc, maybe he/she is a mining owner, or maybe a gambling site owner, or a gambler. I mean, that's only a dream, because everyone of us wants to have that big amount even if it's almost impossible to have that. Keep faith only haha.

There are fewer than 1 million people in the world owing more than 21 bitcoins. But it is still not expensive.

▄▄████████▄▄
  ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
 ▄█▀   ▄████▄   ▀█▄               ▄▄██████▄▄
▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄             ▄█▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀█▄
██     ▀████▀     ██            ▄█▀  ████  ▀█▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██            ██    ▀▀    ██
██    ████████    ██            ▀█▄ ▄████▄ ▄█▀
▀█▄  ██████████  ▄█▀             ▀█▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄█▀
 ▀█▄ ▀████████▀ ▄█▀               ████████▀▀
  ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄██▀               ██
    ▀▀████████▀▀██▄             ██
                 ▀██ ▄▄██████▄▄██
                   ███▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀██▄
                  ▄█▀   ████   ▀█▄
                  ██    ▀██▀    ██
                  ██    ▄▄▄▄    ██
                  ▀█▄  ██████  ▄█▀
                   ▀██▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄██▀
                     ▀▀██████▀▀
REPME

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██
TRANSPARENT LINKING & SOCIAL RECRUITING WILL
DOMINATE THE GLOBAL HR INDUSTRY
davegee

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:18:09 PM

I know this is an old thread. Thought I'd re-visit. I wonder if many still possess 21 BTC or over?
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:04:02 PM

It almost been 13 months since you created the topic. 21 bitcoins is like 50-60k dollars. This is just crazy.
Ashtville

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:08:35 PM

Overall I don't think there would be more than few tens of thousands overall max, I mean active users not people having lost wallets or the like, These numbers are just estimated though since there are no efficient surveys regarding this.
These people are generally the new wealthy elites considering the expected growth value of BTC.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:09:45 PM

Every community in this industry are dreaming to have that amount. But tracing them the total of the member of bitcoin enthusiast
Wo have that amount I think no one knows about it.
ppaul15

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:41:50 PM

21 bitcoin is not just a small number, theres no way to know if how many people are holding those  amount but mostly they are traders or gamblers . s
Some old btc holder and to people like  chinese people who have monster rig to use in mining btc.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:48:55 PM

It almost been 13 months since you created the topic. 21 bitcoins is like 50-60k dollars. This is just crazy.

Fun to revisit it. And 21 BTC is verging on a pipe dream for many people now, if everything goes well it really will seem like an insane amount one day.

Here's the 2100 BTC club https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98239.0  it just keeps on gearing down a notch but feels just as unattainable.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:52:18 PM

I know a man who has 400 bitcoins. Gave it to him, but he treats them as a toy. He has a lot of money and therefore they are not really needed. It just shows them to friends as a curiosity. The rich have their quirks.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:00:54 AM

Fun to revisit it. And 21 BTC is verging on a pipe dream for many people now, if everything goes well it really will seem like an insane amount one day.

Here's the 2100 BTC club https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98239.0  it just keeps on gearing down a notch but feels just as unattainable.

so basically those few guys have around $5mil at this time... wow... I'm still crying over here for spending my bitcoin when it was around 300$.

This one's interesting too: 1J18yk7D353z3gRVcdbS7PV5Q8h5w6oWWG

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Cruxer

Activity: 184

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:20:42 AM

21 BTC is about the price of a 3 year old used Toyota Corolla in the US. Unless you are still a student or you come from a third world country, it is still not too hard to buy 21 BTC using fiat.
this will change very soon, i mean price getting higher and higher each year. Im buying and HODLING how much i can afford
czvezda

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:22:54 AM

In capital market, over time, wealth will tend to flow to whom already have abandom of it, meaning, the rich getting richer, and poor getting more poor.
I think the question is, will Bitcoin accumulate to fewer people over time or spread out to more people? Personally I think the number of people owning more than 21btc will stay the same in the past two years, simply because who didnot have that much will have a hard time over that barrier
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:38:26 AM

On the universe the number of users who has got 21 btc in the wallet is countable. I too have been working hard to make 21 bitcoin in the future as I too wish to be the one in a million to hold 21 btc as the number of bitcoin to be generated is already a calculated one.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 11:44:30 AM

i would be interested to know how many BTC are lost right now. we need some kind of visual map blockchain explorer for that.
then we can re ask the question: how many people own ? BTC again.  Cheesy

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:56:35 AM

I think around 10% of the bitcoin holders own 21 btc. This in the upcoming year will surely increase as more and more users are coming into the digital currency network. Also people have started to know much about the potential and started saving more for the future.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:05:07 PM

I think around 10% of the bitcoin holders own 21 btc. This in the upcoming year will surely increase as more and more users are coming into the digital currency network. Also people have started to know much about the potential and started saving more for the future.

But the more people join in the higher the price will climb and therefore the harder it will get to accumulate that amount of coins.
Especially when the real big money, like fonds and big financial investors are becoming serious with Bitcoin as an investment.
To own 1 millionth of all coins ever being created is a goal I think many guys here have. But in th future it will get harder and harder to reach it.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 12:28:21 PM

I think only big traders, rich people and gamblers can hold that much. Unless the person is an absolute fanatic about BTC he may also hold that amount. However, everyday people who just do signature campaigns; I doubt such an amount is imaginable to them. Smiley

Yes it is. I think those people who are into bitcoin since the very start has that kind of value . And even those traders now, i think they have it. I think it saved them for their investment. And their bitcoin grows and now its getting huge.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███