Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:35:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please vote for me for moderator of this board  (Read 3409 times)
LinaMay

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:02:40 AM

You've got my vote. Congratulations beforehand.
logisticalmother

Activity: 299

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:00:25 AM

Where and how to vote?is there any ristrictions?
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:02:39 AM

Thank you everyone for your support, I appreciate it. I will do my best

hi
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 07:02:11 AM

This post gave me cancer and aids of the eyes.. Terrible choice of GIF.
These are the kind of posts I wont stand for in the offtopic forms, memespouting gifshaming will no longer be tolerated if I win

If this thread had any kind of seriousness about it then that just removed it. If you can't handle even the slightest bit of negative feedback then why should anyone vote for you for anything?
There's a difference between rudeness and negative feedback.

There is indeed, but you haven't learned how to decipher between the two because you are an idiot.

The above is rude, telling someone their gif is horrible isn't.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:27:00 AM

By the way i don't buy the "i am an adult" comment.
And i would still call someone in their 20's etc a "kid"
Hell i have a room-mate who is 48 and he acts like a bloody teenager 24/7.

I can smell the age a mile away on the web.
Even if someone lies to me i can just tell..

I have already brought up points long before you made this topic OP.
This whole topic is a cliche.

Your a younger guy with no qualifications who wanted to be a moderator so much
that you make a topic about it.. why ? i didn't here any compelling reason.

Which if it was my web site / forum i would be looking for the above average and the exceptional.
Candidates that have something special to offer etc.

All i hear is am a young guy and i want a sheriff badge !!!111

I wouldn't want it even if i was offered.
Why would i want to have to be on my best behavior ?
Why would i want to do a pile of work un-paid pretty much.
Why would i want the obligation ?

See how i would refuse it and you are ASKING ?
That tells me a lot hahaha
I'd step up if it was *needed* ..which is why BCX offered his name before.
He seen a lunatic crack pot pushing to be made moderator and thought ok this is a bad i better do something.

I tell ya guys i have seen one thing that is hard to deal with online.
That is younger people always want to start projects etc.. all super enthusiastic.
And then later it's almost always abandoned when they get bored & wander off.
Experience teaches you not to bight off more than you can chew.

Point is OP i can smell you a mile away. LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:03:21 PM

These are the kind of posts I wont stand for in the offtopic forms, memespouting gifshaming will no longer be tolerated if I win

If this thread had any kind of seriousness about it then that just removed it. If you can't handle even the slightest bit of negative feedback then why should anyone vote for you for anything?

There is indeed, but you haven't learned how to decipher between the two because you are an idiot.

I think there is some kind of misunderstanding here, and there's no reason to be rude. I think a big part of the culture of this board is that anyone that disagrees or whatever is stupid, which usually isn't the case. I'm willing to hear out complaints but when you are just going to insult me - that is when I think you are being rude.

By the way i don't buy the "i am an adult" comment.
And i would still call someone in their 20's etc a "kid"
Hell i have a room-mate who is 48 and he acts like a bloody teenager 24/7.

I can smell the age a mile away on the web.
Even if someone lies to me i can just tell..

I have already brought up points long before you made this topic OP.
This whole topic is a cliche.

Your a younger guy with no qualifications who wanted to be a moderator so much
that you make a topic about it.. why ? i didn't here any compelling reason.

Which if it was my web site / forum i would be looking for the above average and the exceptional.
Candidates that have something special to offer etc.

All i hear is am a young guy and i want a sheriff badge !!!111

I wouldn't want it even if i was offered.
Why would i want to have to be on my best behavior ?
Why would i want to do a pile of work un-paid pretty much.
Why would i want the obligation ?

See how i would refuse it and you are ASKING ?
That tells me a lot hahaha
I'd step up if it was *needed* ..which is why BCX offered his name before.
He seen a lunatic crack pot pushing to be made moderator and thought ok this is a bad i better do something.

I tell ya guys i have seen one thing that is hard to deal with online.
That is younger people always want to start projects etc.. all super enthusiastic.
And then later it's almost always abandoned when they get bored & wander off.
Experience teaches you not to bight off more than you can chew.

Point is OP i can smell you a mile away. LOL
I am legally an adult, which is why I mentioned it. I'm not lying about anything.

Just because you personally wouldn't like to be a moderator, or because you know immature adults doesn't mean it applies to me.

I do agree though, when I was younger I did end up not finishing a bunch of game projects or example. But now I can finish a full videogame in a weekend with a pal. Not that game creation has much to do with moderation, but I know how to handle a project. But moderation isn't so much a project as it is an ongoing duty.

hi
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:55:32 AM

I think there is some kind of misunderstanding here, and there's no reason to be rude. I think a big part of the culture of this board is that anyone that disagrees or whatever is stupid, which usually isn't the case. I'm willing to hear out complaints but when you are just going to insult me - that is when I think you are being rude.

My comment was an example of something that was rude, not intended to actually try and insult someone. If that was my intent I would have simply just posted only that instead of showing a comparison between the two.

If anyone should be offended it should be the generator site you used to make that gif and it does look like crap.

Anywho, from this thread alone you've shown that you can't handle negative feedback from folks so you most likely wouldn't be able to handle someone telling you to go fuck yourself in threads or pm when you move/delete/lock threads.

Playing Runescape doesn't give you the ability to detect scams. I've played Runescape off and on since 2001 and the only scams you can detect is 'doubling gold!!!' and 'visit this site for free membership!!' which the first is simply taking gold and running while the second is using a fake website to steal login information (phishing).
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:57:32 PM

My comment was an example of something that was rude, not intended to actually try and insult someone. If that was my intent I would have simply just posted only that instead of showing a comparison between the two.

If anyone should be offended it should be the generator site you used to make that gif and it does look like crap.

Anywho, from this thread alone you've shown that you can't handle negative feedback from folks so you most likely wouldn't be able to handle someone telling you to go fuck yourself in threads or pm when you move/delete/lock threads.

Playing Runescape doesn't give you the ability to detect scams. I've played Runescape off and on since 2001 and the only scams you can detect is 'doubling gold!!!' and 'visit this site for free membership!!' which the first is simply taking gold and running while the second is using a fake website to steal login information (phishing).

I'm fine with negative feedback, but this has just been dragging on about something as silly as a gif, cmon buddy. That gif is cool. Maybe we can compromise and put up a gif that you like too.

There's way more scams than that in runescape, armor trimming, tricking people to go out into the wildy and then killing them, the list goes on. Runescape is an exercise in the art of the scam. I brought it up because I legitimately think that there are more scammers in runescape than on this website, which really says a lot.

hi
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 07:38:57 PM

What election? This forum is not a democracy, or is it Huh

Straux

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:34:43 AM

How many posts have you reported and what's your success rate?

Have you had any previous experience with being a forum mod?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:56:30 AM

I'm not sure how to prove to you I am 100% serious, but feel free to think I am "trolling" if you want. I know people aren't voted in to be mods, but I still think this board needs one and I would like to be the moderator. This is how the moderators for the alt-coin forum where selected as well.
Also the reason you might think its a very bad joke thread, is because its not a joke and I am being serious

*cough cough cough* as the moderator of that alt coin board of which you are speaking of, Theymos asked me if I wanted to be the moderator (actually I might have asked him at the time) and then a thread asking for people's opinions was created to make sure everyone was alright with me. I just happened to word it like a "vote for me" thread, because I thought it would be funnier that way. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122465.0

On another side note, this Mushboi has been implying threats toward my shoes should I not give him my vote of confidence. If anything happens to them now that this information is public, we will hold you accountable.
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:08:37 AM

How many posts have you reported and what's your success rate?

Have you had any previous experience with being a forum mod?

I think my success rate is around 60%? honestly cant remember where to check that. Most of the time I go to report stuff, I'm browsing logged off then when I get around to logging in its already been taken care of

Ive been a moderator on a few places, solidcointalk (lol), a few private servers when i was younger that have died out now. I've helped run a few projects for my art collective as well. Also, I usually help run events I do art for/with. Mostly music composition contests and stuff like that. But most people there are well behaved and I dont do anything other than let people know if there are spambots there, etc.

I'm not sure how to prove to you I am 100% serious, but feel free to think I am "trolling" if you want. I know people aren't voted in to be mods, but I still think this board needs one and I would like to be the moderator. This is how the moderators for the alt-coin forum where selected as well.
Also the reason you might think its a very bad joke thread, is because its not a joke and I am being serious

*cough cough cough* as the moderator of that alt coin board of which you are speaking of, Theymos asked me if I wanted to be the moderator (actually I might have asked him at the time) and then a thread asking for people's opinions was created to make sure everyone was alright with me. I just happened to word it like a "vote for me" thread, because I thought it would be funnier that way. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122465.0

On another side note, this Mushboi has been implying threats toward my shoes should I not give him my vote of confidence. If anything happens to them now that this information is public, we will hold you accountable.

Just because I happen to ask salty spitoon, my pal, about when he keeps his door locked during the day, and where he keeps his shoes - and then suggest he checks out my thread, does not mean I would ever do anything to his beautiful jordans. I respect the shoe game.

hi
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 07:27:32 PM

please ban everyone and everything like theymos  Kiss

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:17:22 PM

Jeez you really wanna be Mod pretty bad huh?
I find that sort of odd and disturbing.. usually implies an agenda.

And considering the rules were changed recently (or at least how they are enforced)
You could be walking into trouble.

Besides if i look around i don't see the need for another one.
I also thought it was odd how a couple noob accounts popped up giving you quick
unconditional support / no questions ask.

Why is it always someone younger who i never seen talk even once that wants to be a Mod?
Don't you think building up some trust with users would go along way? (before asking)
Trust that is aside from being a friends of a previous mod's LOL
Hmm maybe i should start trying to be BFF's with mprep?
But wait!
I don't know where mprep keeps his shoes..
i need to found out where he lives so i can pop by his house i suppose eh?

So uhhh how much are these guys making these days ?
I already seen one staff / mod admit they get -PAID- for each mod action basically.

And i still never heard one reason at all why you should be mod anyway.
But i did see some negatives such as what you were quoted saying in the post above mine.

I can tell a mile away you are not the right type of person that SHOULD be a Mod.
You are too young and your explanation for WHY was a pile of bullshit.

And past experience is tough to call.. there is a lot of sites out there to MOD.
But have you moderated on a tough one and how did it go (you did not say)
For example.. during the peak period of Cs.Rin.ru i was a mod there and it had user base that rivals this place.
And how did i do? ..Good!
I never had to ban anyone once.. it's all in how you handle people.
And being a MOD that LOOKS for problems (when none exist)

I am not convinced at all OP sorry nothing personal.
The replies here confronting you showed us all you were not prepared and made no effort here.
There was a variety of things you could have done before posting this topic.. but you didn't.

Have fun going after all those evil gif posters then dealing with the drama of everyone hating you LOL

By the way, read the rules guys.
Identifying Scams is NOT a part of the mod's job description here.

Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:43:02 PM

please ban everyone and everything like theymos  Kiss
I will be sure to ban theymos

Why is it always someone younger who i never seen talk even once that wants to be a Mod?
Don't you think building up some trust with users would go along way? (before asking)
But wait!
hmm you do know most moderators are in their mid 20's right? Not really sure what age has to do with anything here.
Also I would love to see mpreps shoe collection.

I already seen one staff / mod admit they get -PAID- for each mod action basically.
Wow that's horrible, that people are being paid for doing work.

Have fun going after all those evil gif posters then dealing with the drama of everyone hating you LOL
"nothing personal, I hate you" hehe I do appreciate your walls of text though.

hmm..

hi
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 11:58:18 PM

how do we vote for you?

Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:04:29 AM

how do we vote for you?
I don't think there is going to be an actual voting thing but just showing your support here means a lot to me

hi
player3

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:11:29 AM

1 2 3 4s
mush is not a filthy horse
5 6 7 8
vote for him to moderate
9 10 11 12
he doesn't pay me very well
13 14 15 16
jk his campaign finances be clean
17 18 19 20
i though my rhymes would be kinda funny
21 22 23 24
in fact i think i'll rhyme some more
25 26 27 28
actually i'm going to bed, it's getting late
29 30 31 32
remember- mush is a boy for me, and a boy for you

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 08:44:40 AM

But wait!
hmm you do know most moderators are in their mid 20's right? Not really sure what age has to do with anything here.

[/img]
hmm..
[/img]

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:14:15 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 09:24:25 AM by Spoetnik

But wait!

hmm..

- Kids know nothing.. FACT.

- Few people know these guys get paid to delete your comments and it shows a possible motivation.
  What other possible motivations could you have?
  we don't know who you are (you could be Fodor or Terrik)
  or a cop or serial coin cloner or simply one of the usual mass shit coin supporters. (most of you are but hide it)

- Want to talk about "most mods" on forums?
  Most do NOT get paid.

- Shoe fetish aside your side stepping the admission you know a previous Altcoin section MOD IRL.
  This reeks of something like nepotism.. having one of Salty's bum buddies made mod too?

- Nothing personal, but i still don't see you providing any tangible explanation for your bid.
  instead you seem to have shown me a negative reaction when users have tested you
  or tried to joke your way out of situation that is over your head you do not understand.

- Building trust like i said?
  You simply hopped over my point and had a jab at me or once again simply don't get it.
  All you did was say you has some "classic topics" here as your resume and that you "modded before"
  My first comment on this topic i said.. i have not seen you comment on this whole entire forum even one time.
  In other words if i spell it out super slowly for you all to understand..
  You seem to be a complete stranger.
  If it was my intention i would have SHOWN activity in this section for a while before spouting off "make me a mod".
  This would have built some trust and a track record.

I also should not have to explain to people anymore that i have been given bad ratings for dumb reasons.
  I don't need to defend myself because i am not the one asking to be a moderator like you but i will anyway Wink
  I have only ever gotten a neg rating for criticizing a shitcoin basically.
  have you ? I would say my ratings PROVES i have more credibility then cowards that hide & make money off them.
  I for example posted a topic about "Monero French Police Fraud"
  And the two biggest supporters went on accusing me of lying and both guys negged me..
  And they both knew before hand i did nothing but post 2 quotes copied from the mouth of one of their own guys.
  So it was not possible for me to lie about anything.. all i did was copy & paste a quote (that was never refuted)
  Both smooth & smoothie left me the same copied neg rating explanation..
  Later smooth removed his for some reason (no idea why / he did not say why)
  So you could l have asked me why or if active enough should have already known.
  But more importantly my rating here has nothing to do with your being made a moderator does it?
  Once again this sheds more light on you.

I have plenty of experience on the web and i can get a vibe from people a mile away.. i'm rarely wrong.
  I know your type LOL
  And your type is NOT moderator material.. but often who DOES end up mod (which causes more problems than fixes)

@OP
Just be glad theymos does not ask my permission for things before he runs his web site Wink
Lucky for you i guess i doubt he gives two shits what i think..

And my comments are LONG you say?
Or maybe your YOUNG and are a part of that younger kid generation that has to speak in Twitter format?
No patience to read?
Make him a moderator LOL

memespouting gifshaming will no longer be tolerated if I win
Orly?
Actually you WILL tolerate it because those are NOT rules kid.. read them!

You have pretended to not get what i said which is why i made my comments so long.
to explain.. THOROUGHLY
Why? Because i knew you would say that.
I also can point out how you quoted me and replied back to ONLY the key points you chose to refute / understand
the rest was well.. Chinese i guess huh?

See how i have you pegged and predicted what you would say a few times even before you blinked?
I am right.. you are a cliche'd kid cawwing like a crow to be made moderator.. for no good reason.

Why would i want to be moderated by kids half my age?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: