Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:40:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS THE USE OF INTERNET MAKING YOU EMOTIONLESS?  (Read 4110 times)
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:18:58 PM

So there is a feel that I am being socially awkward with less cheerful activities and loss of interest in real life. I used to watch lot of movies, romantic and tragedies, but now i don't get any feels for them. Also, my real life friends are starting to fade away. Do you feel the same? Or is the overuse of Internet proving beneficial?

In one period of my life I had the same experience as you.
In fact, I was depress and was trying just to find some funny things on Internet, play around in order to get rid of negative feelings and to have some fun.
Of course I realized that Internet is not solution.
If you want real life than you need real friends, not virtual friends and virtual life over Internet.
Internet can be good in some aspect of our life like payments, Internet banking, buying things, communication etc.
But, believe me, you have to go out and do something practical, meet real people, do real things or you will become more isolated and depressed.

You should also consider the fact that some people are already in the part where they are isolated from the society and are depressed because of that. Do you have any advice for those people that are already on that stage? Smiley

Some emotionless people can not go out of the depression and social anxiety hole anymore. Even if they are outside, they feel all alone. Surrounded by million people but would still feel alone simply because internet has been a "home" for most of them. Most internet people are being bullied in real life and are being praised on the internet. That is why they tend to isolate themselves from the society in the real world and make the internet a place where they can be socially accepted.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:36:51 AM

So there is a feel that I am being socially awkward with less cheerful activities and loss of interest in real life. I used to watch lot of movies, romantic and tragedies, but now i don't get any feels for them. Also, my real life friends are starting to fade away. Do you feel the same? Or is the overuse of Internet proving beneficial?

Emotionless?  uhm.. I still cry, laugh, frown, and get mad whenever I watched video clips on the internet.  On the part of friends that are fading away, yes I agree in a way that I can still communicate with them on social medias but I am always absent whenever there are social gatherings.  Internet makes me always sad whenever I looked on my friends status.  It makes me weak, cause I have no time to exercise because I spent all my time looking and browsing.  They are using me more than I am using them.
xavier77 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:52:15 AM

Emotionless?  uhm.. I still cry, laugh, frown, and get mad whenever I watched video clips on the internet.  On the part of friends that are fading away, yes I agree in a way that I can still communicate with them on social medias but I am always absent whenever there are social gatherings.  Internet makes me always sad whenever I looked on my friends status.  It makes me weak, cause I have no time to exercise because I spent all my time looking and browsing.  They are using me more than I am using them.

We can't change who we are, so lets accept ourselves and move on

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 11:46:54 AM

Personally I think you are a lot more likely to find fake people in real life than online. People are generally less shy/fearful and speak their minds more freely when they cannot be identified. If your friends are fading away, perhaps they were never that close to you in the first place. I think what you're experiencing is simply a reality check, you're starting to see the world for how it actually is. It's a good thing as long as you don't wallow in self pity.
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:00:49 PM

We can't change who we are, so lets accept ourselves and move on
Yes you can't change yourself physically but you can change your mindset or the way how you perceive things by learning and gathering information. This things makes you knowledgeable that even change your point of view in life.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:41:21 PM

Lmao i think it is just happening to you , you should take a break from online activities and stop for a while get back to your real life and the real world .  Grin Grin i admit that i am spending more of my time on the internet but i still have my emotions and i still have a good social life not in the virtual world .
BitcoinRonnie

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:29:03 PM

Shut up bitch Wink

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:13:31 PM

Personally I think you are a lot more likely to find fake people in real life than online. People are generally less shy/fearful and speak their minds more freely when they cannot be identified. If your friends are fading away, perhaps they were never that close to you in the first place. I think what you're experiencing is simply a reality check, you're starting to see the world for how it actually is. It's a good thing as long as you don't wallow in self pity.

To a certain point yes.

But usually the act of however that person usually is, can be based on you being genuine or not.

Which they can reflect the same way if you are..have you noticed that before?

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 04:35:52 AM

To a certain point yes.

But usually the act of however that person usually is, can be based on you being genuine or not.

Which they can reflect the same way if you are..have you noticed that before?

I can't relate to that sorry, I know that I stay the same whether the people around me are genuine or not. I certainly do not alter my behavior in any way to reflect their fakeness back at them. It has to be said that I have exactly zero friends in real life precisely because I do not/can't pretend. It's not that I think I'm better than other people, I just can't fake being happy to see/be around people or fake being interested in conversations. I know a lot of you might think that I have a sad life but truth is I couldn't be happier. That doesn't mean that I'm an ass to everyone I meet, I'm always professional and courteous, it's just that I don't/can't pretend to care beyond my respect for life in any form. I see all instances of life as equal.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:04:49 AM

you have stop it for a while bro , if you will became more emotionless and will be afraid to interact with other people and the worst scenario is you can make a bad thing that is not affecting your feelings and emotion .
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:54:50 AM

Well for me ill say half. I still have emotions though but I don't cry that much now when I get hurt or experiencing problems. Guess internet gave me clear mind in face of a problem or sorrow maybe that's the reason why I don't cry and feel much of it and I always solve it calmly not like when I don't always use internet.
jiefes

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:56:52 PM

I have a feeling that  internet makes me even more emotional after I have more information about what interests me.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:12:35 PM

Not at all. In various factors internet had made a big impact on the emotions of users. The communication which has been better with the internet had made relations get closer.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:52:59 PM

Not at all. In various factors internet had made a big impact on the emotions of users. The communication which has been better with the internet had made relations get closer.

But you can never really deny how internet too has also been a culprit of a lot of crimes and offenses. Well I guess from the get go this can't be helped.

ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:51:18 AM

I am just spending more of my time on internet than spending it with my buddies i think that is the only thing that internet changed me but im sure that i still have a good social life outside the cyber world and i still have a complete emotion . I can still laugh so hard , i can still feel a pleasure and even a pain physically and emotionally .
abugseuf

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:45:34 AM

I am just spending more of my time on internet than spending it with my buddies i think that is the only thing that internet changed me but im sure that i still have a good social life outside the cyber world and i still have a complete emotion . I can still laugh so hard , i can still feel a pleasure and even a pain physically and emotionally .
very good. i have also the same feelings. i think there is no such element in internet that can make a person feeling less. i also set all the time in front of computer using internet but still i am sound and healthy having sound body and feeling.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:03:31 PM

very good. i have also the same feelings. i think there is no such element in internet that can make a person feeling less. i also set all the time in front of computer using internet but still i am sound and healthy having sound body and feeling.
well i agree with you with everything you just said except for one thing. this circumstances are more observed in the current generation. young people nowadays have a great deal of tendency to be more snob and emotionless.

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:44:43 PM

well i agree with you with everything you just said except for one thing. this circumstances are more observed in the current generation. young people nowadays have a great deal of tendency to be more snob and emotionless.

Any studies confirm that? Most I saw was that younger people that spent too little time in face to face interactions could have problems with nonverbal communication. So couldn't read faces well, or body language, etc. But that alone doesn't mean they are less emotional or snob.
abugseuf

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:56:08 PM

I have a feeling that  internet makes me even more emotional after I have more information about what interests me.
but i have no such feeling. i think i am feeling nothing. i even cannot observe any changes while using internet or after using internet. i feel normal. it cannot bring any change in my emotion. i have full control on my emotion.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:14:35 PM

I also feel that the youny generation of 21st century who spent more time on internet are becoming emotionless.
They are losing track of the basic human instinct. They are mostly engaged in their virtual life and are less concerned about being together with other people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: