Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Shall we change algo before Launch from SHA256d to?
Scrypt - 0 (0%)
X11 - 2 (15.4%)
X13 - 2 (15.4%)
Quark - 6 (46.2%)
Qubit - 3 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][ZNP] ZonePay ICO POW/POS 30 sec blocks Masternodes [ZNP][PRE-ANN]  (Read 6416 times)
Nightz (OP)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:19:06 PM

Dont thing for an exchange would be a problem,never hold any ico , but feel it s not hard terms to respect!

I can send all exchanges the information needed regarding the ico and see what they say, Hopefully I'm not waiting around for how long
AltcoinSteps

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 01:49:17 PM

Dont thing for an exchange would be a problem,never hold any ico , but feel it s not hard terms to respect!

I can send all exchanges the information needed regarding the ico and see what they say, Hopefully I'm not waiting around for how long

bittrex maybe?

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!
mmboulhosa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:23:48 PM

Interest on this one ,but why sha256?There are a lot of great algos out there (Quark,X11,X13..).

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:08:13 PM

Interest on this one ,but why sha256?There are a lot of great algos out there (Quark,X11,X13..).

Well we have not officially launched yet as this is just the Pre - Ann.

I'm sure if enough would prefer a diff algo it's something i can look into changing before launch  Wink
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:30:59 PM

Poll added to the top of the Ann, I will leave it running until Thursday  Wink
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:46:03 PM

You have already mined the ICO funds. Is it still possible to change algorithm?

caramelisedbanknote

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:46:48 PM

cool ico i will be watching  Roll Eyes
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:50:25 PM

You have already mined the ICO funds. Is it still possible to change algorithm?

Algo change is not hard to do Wink and when at the moment I am the only one with the coins there is no risk to user's either as all is before launch. 

The reason I am not rushing is I want all to be perfect including all builds across all platforms etc, And it will make for a better coin & community if i actually listen to the people
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:29:15 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 08:14:14 PM by GREEDYJOHN

This coin needs the necessary safety measures put in place:

- to ensure that ICO coins do not exceed 1,000,000 ZNP

- to ensure that total ICO does not exceed 25 BTC.

- to ensure that ICO period is strictly adhered to.

Nightz, I suggest that you do YOBIT ICO, then do a coin swap through YOBIT if all coins are not bought, so that the ugly burn address is eliminated.

Yobit is trusted with ICO and coin swaps. The coin swap can be used to change the algorithm. What do you think?

Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:28:45 PM

This coin needs the necessary safety measures put in place:

- to ensure that ICO coins do not exceed 1,000,000 ZNP

- to ensure that total ICO does not exceed 25 BTC.

- to ensure that ICO period is strictly adhered to.

Nightz, I suggest that you do YOBIT ICO, then do a coin swap through YOBIT if all coins are not bought, so that the ugly burn address is eliminated.

Yobit is trusted with ICO and coin swaps. The coin swap can be used to change the algorithm. What do you think?

But I can swap over the algo now without launching the coin saving hassle and confusion.

And please do not worry.

The only coins that exist for the ico will be 1,000,000 the extra 7 coins will be donated or something for a faucet or something like that not a lot I know. it was to test my settings on pos worked and they did

If I was to do it how you said that would entail alot of extra work and hassle as it will not be just yobit that has to update but all pools sites wallets etc

The ICO Max is 25BTC as soon as it hits that point if it does the ICO is finished any funds sent over the 25btc will be returned to the address they came from.

There will be a block ex when I decide to launch it so everybody can see I have nothing to hide there will only be 1,000,000 until the ico ends or until pow starts creating coins.

Yobit may be good but I do not want to give users of ZonePay the run around swapping over and confusing half of them so early on. I would rather do the changes before the ico, Wallets and pow start/released
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:32:34 PM

What I suggest is that:

- We use YOBIT ICO to guarantee transparency

- That YOBIT does not allow withdrawal of coins throughout the ICO process.

- I suggest a coin swap through YOBIT, immediately after the ICO. This will help to eliminate the ugly burn address of leftover coins, and could also help with algorithm change, if necessary.

- We kill 3 birds with one stone by using YOBIT ICO:
  # Fair ICO
  # Coin-swap
  # Getting on an exchange.

Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:37:53 PM

What I suggest is that:

- I suggest a coin swap through YOBIT, immediately after the ICO. This will help to eliminate the ugly burn address of leftover coins, and could also help with algorithm change, if necessary.

# Fair ICO
  # Coin-swap

I have been nothing but transparent so far mate.

And the way you suggest could be good but to me it's just a ugly way to get things done.

If I have a block ex upon launch with a trusted escrow person what would be the issue It shows Transparency and trust as it is not only you Who wants trust but me too. I will happily let someone like EARLZ or something do a code review too to help with the transparency.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:46:04 PM

What I suggest is that:

# Fair ICO
  # Coin-swap

I have been nothing but transparent so far mate.

And the way you suggest could be good but to me it's just a ugly way to get things done.

If I have a block ex upon launch with a trusted escrow person what would be the issue It shows Transparency and trust as it is not only you Who wants trust but me too. I will happily let someone like EARLZ or something do a code review too to help with the transparency.

My suggestion is straightforward:

- Yobit handles the ICO, burns the excess coins and DISABLES withdrawals and trade, even though members will see their balances in their Yobit accounts

- Yobit handles the coin swap, to enable you to conveniently change the algorithm, and also to eliminate the ugly burn address.

- Yobit enables withdrawals after the coin swap. You now have a clean coin, a clean block explorer (no ugly burn address) on a clean exchange = 3 birds killed with one stone.

Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:57:24 PM

- Yobit handles the ICO, burns the excess coins and DISABLES withdrawals and trade, even though members will see their balances in their Yobit accounts

- Yobit handles the coin swap, to enable you to conveniently change the algorithm, and also to eliminate the ugly burn address.

- Yobit enables withdrawals after the coin swap. You now have a clean coin, a clean block explorer (no ugly burn address) on a clean exchange = 3 birds killed with one stone.

1. Yobit could handle it yes but it would be on my terms too, which would be.

There is no minimum price (I will remove the 0.000025 per 1 coin from the Ann too)

The 1,000,000 coins will all be sold, 0 burnt.

If we hit 25btc then the ICO has to be stopped (Will not except anything over 25btc

If we do not hit 25btc then the ICO will continue to run the Full 5-7 days then it would be BTC raised / 1,000,000 ZNP to get the base price of ZNP

To me those terms are not hard to adhere too if I have to stick to their terms

2. But I can do that right now without launching saving all that hassle of swapping and getting rid of some burn address

3. Again why do I need a swap when I can do it right now without injuring any party
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:09:55 PM

1. Yobit could handle it yes but it would be on my terms too, which would be.

There is no minimum price (I will remove the 0.000025 per 1 coin from the Ann too)

The 1,000,000 coins will all be sold, 0 burnt.

If we hit 25btc then the ICO has to be stopped (Will not except anything over 25btc

If we do not hit 25btc then the ICO will continue to run the Full 5-7 days then it would be BTC raised / 1,000,000 ZNP to get the base price of ZNP

To me those terms are not hard to adhere too if I have to stick to their terms

This will be fine, if YOBIT fully understand your terms and conditions. This means that Yobit will sell the ICO coins at 2500 sats, then distribute the leftover in proportion to how much we bought initially,

OR

We pay for ICO, then wait till the end of the ICO period (5 -7 days later) to receive coins in proportion to how much we paid, ICO must not exceed 25 BTC.

Unfortunately, YOBIT have their own ICO rules:

New ICO rules:
 - 0%/50%/100% buy wall (ico price)
 - 4 days ICO fund holding period (for devs)

Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:14:50 PM

This will be fine, if YOBIT fully understand your terms and conditions. This means that Yobit will sell the ICO coins at 2500 sats, then distribute the leftover in proportion to how much they bought initially,

OR

We pay for ICO and receive coins in proportion to how much we paid, ICO must not exceed 25 BTC.

The second one I made bold of course. which is why I would prefer a Trusted Escrow
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:18:17 PM

This will be fine, if YOBIT fully understand your terms and conditions. This means that Yobit will sell the ICO coins at 2500 sats, then distribute the leftover in proportion to how much they bought initially,

OR

We pay for ICO and receive coins in proportion to how much we paid, ICO must not exceed 25 BTC.

The second one I made bold of course. which is why I would prefer a Trusted Escrow

Unfortunately, Yobit have their own ICO Rules:

New ICO rules:

Nightz (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:20:40 PM

OR

New ICO rules:

I do not see them as strict, I would have 0 issues with that but they would have to listen to mine to
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:24:18 PM

OR

New ICO rules:

I do not see them as strict, I would have 0 issues with that but they would have to listen to mine to

Yeah that may be difficult, I've never heard of any custom arrangements for ICO's on Yobit, and to be honest their support is not wonderful so that may be an issue.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:42:30 PM

The only problem that I see with Yobit ICO is that they will always burn excess coins.

But I suggest YOBIT ICO for transparency. I have seen UNSPEAKABLE HORROR in this crypto environment. This is why we need proper checks and balances with adequate security measures, even if the DEV makes all the rules.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: