Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:03:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do? BTC->MP-/->EU  (Read 585 times)
Nodeki (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:23:11 AM

A few hours ago, I restored one of my old wallets from an unused hard drive.
I am going to invest in an ASIC and needed USD, so I moved my funds to blockchain and requested three "BTCPak Withdraw".
The thing is... I am not from the U.S.
What should I do?

• Can't check out to paypal, cause I'm not from US and I don't have a valid SSN/address
  • I have not found a prepaid CC provider that accepts Moneypak($500), European customers
  • Have checked https://www.moneypak.com/RefundRequest.aspx but I don't really know what it does.
  • I tried to use(Make Payment) and (Reload CC) but "The card number entered is not part of the Green Dot Financial Network"
  • I don't really know no-one in the US and I would rather not trust people I don't know

I'm not familiar with online payment forms other than bitcoin and paypal, I saw "bitcoin->btc park->paypal" and didn't notice the small U.S flag in the tab.
I know It is a huge mistake (my mistake), but I feel really down and scammed. What should I do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Citrux

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:38:35 PM

I signed up to blockchain today with £100 and while trying to find out how to withdraw bitcoins, £70 went to BTCPak or Green Dot Moneypak. I'm in the UK and I didn't get a reference number or anything else and I only have a UK Paypal account, not a US account.  The browser window closed when I was navigating to find out what was happening.  I am not from the U.S but I've emailed Moneypak who haven't replied and want 2 business days

I'm basically in the same position?

Can't check out to paypal, cause I'm not from US and I don't have a valid SSN/address

I saw "bitcoin->btc pak->paypal" and didn't notice the small U.S flag in the tab. One click is all it takes for the bitcoins to migrate over to Moneypak - no confirmations...

Admittedly, it is a mistake but the flag tabs default to US even though I'm in the UK and is easily missed since the tab borders are almost invisible and I too feel really down and scammed. What should we do?
Citrux

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:44:27 PM

Well, my problem was sorted out by BTCPak support fairly promptly.

I went to the US Tab and clicked on the BTCPak Withdraw button
Click on the 'Order Status' button
Click on the Order ID, which opens another window
Go to the bottom left hand corner to find the 'Contact BTCPack' Link and start an email dialog

I got a reply within 10 minutes and BTCPak sent the original $ amount back to my UK Paypal address.

Lesson learned but it's an easy trap for a newbie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: