Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:21:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns Bitcoin?  (Read 35984 times)
cardseller121

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:25:10 AM

all the people who have bitcoin is owner bitcoin. Satoshi is founder.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:42:19 PM

Everyone owns bitcoin as long as you have an address with 1 satoshi in it holding the private you owned it.
Satoshi Nakamoto left 2010 but he dont own bitcoin just the concept.

Wait. I don't get what you're trying to say when you Satoshi Nakamoto left. Does that mean he just created bitcoin but not interested in having a coin or something?

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:52:30 PM

Everyone owns bitcoin as long as you have an address with 1 satoshi in it holding the private you owned it.
Satoshi Nakamoto left 2010 but he dont own bitcoin just the concept.

What is a Satoshi?
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:55:04 AM

Satoshi is the founder of Bitcoin, also Satoshi is the smallest amount of bitcoin, 100.000.000 Satoshis=1 Bitcoin.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:20:22 AM

Satoshi is the founder of Bitcoin, also Satoshi is the smallest amount of bitcoin, 100.000.000 Satoshis=1 Bitcoin.

Yep, the founder. But not at all the owner. Cause that's the idea here, for it to be promoted as an actual currency means. Noone really earns any currency for himself.

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:24:43 AM

This is like asking who owns the dollar currency. If you've got a dollar in your pocket, who owns it? The government? No. The one who manufactured it? No. The only owner of your money is yourself. No matter who's idea it is, no matter who manufactured it, it's all yours.

We are the owner of our bitcoin. Satoshi is just the founder of bitcoin not the owner of it.

linber

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:43:02 PM

Anyone who earns bit coin can become the owner of bit coin. Everyone have the equal chance to become the owner of bit coin
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:15:13 PM

I think the OP is confused when it is said "who owns bitcoin".
He thinks that Satoshi Nakamoto owns most of bitcoin but this is not known. He is the inventor but since he wanted bitcoin to be a free digital currency from any laws that is not the case of being the owner of bitcoin.
It is distributed among all not to just one individual.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 09:08:05 PM

This is like asking who owns the dollar currency. If you've got a dollar in your pocket, who owns it? The government? No. The one who manufactured it? No. The only owner of your money is yourself. No matter who's idea it is, no matter who manufactured it, it's all yours.

We are the owner of our bitcoin. Satoshi is just the founder of bitcoin not the owner of it.
Thats not true.The dollar bill in your pocket is not owned by you it is owned by federal government and you only have the right to use it
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:56:58 PM

I think the OP is confused when it is said "who owns bitcoin".
He thinks that Satoshi Nakamoto owns most of bitcoin but this is not known. He is the inventor but since he wanted bitcoin to be a free digital currency from any laws that is not the case of being the owner of bitcoin.
It is distributed among all not to just one individual.
I meant to ask who has the legal rights on bitcoin name and its technology.I understand that the amount of bitcoin one possess is owned by him but what if Satoshi move the court of law and demand all bitcoins be return to him because he invented it.What would the court rule?

VerdinaNET

Activity: 90

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:10:27 PM

Nobody is an owner of Bitcoin, nobody controls it and also it's not a corporation, company, etc. It's just an innovative monetary sistem in which anybody who earns bit coin is a part of the system and owner of Bitcoin.

https://verdina.net/
Quality Dedicated Server in BG/EU!
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:29:07 PM

It seems to totally depend on where you live. Some countries pretend it doesn't exist and there aren't any set laws to who owns the Bitcoin. Other countries consider Bitcoin an asset that can gain/lose value over time.

The whole idea with Bitcoin is that no one can control it though. In order for some to seize your coins if they 'aren't legally yours' would be to get your private keys. They can't just walk into the bank, show some legal documents an have everything sent over to them.
Xenophoto

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:27:14 AM

Nobody is an owner of Bitcoin, nobody controls it and also it's not a corporation, company, etc. It's just an innovative monetary sistem in which anybody who earns bit coin is a part of the system and owner of Bitcoin.

You said "Nobody is an owner of bitcoin" at the start and at the end you said "who earns bitcoin is a part of the system and owner of Bitcoin". I don't get it and I'm confused. You might wanna rephrase this, mate. Cheesy

Thats not true.The dollar bill in your pocket is not owned by you it is owned by federal government and you only have the right to use it

Does that mean all of us doesn't own money? Roll Eyes Does that mean that, me and the entire population except for the government is no owner of any fiat money? If you accidentally dropped a dollar and someone else pick it up, don't you say "That's mine."?

Please elaborate more your answer 'coz I found this interesting. Cheesy

Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:14:26 PM

Bitcoin doesn't care about laws. All it cares about is ethics.

Bitcoin doesn't care about laws nor ethics.
Dank14

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:28:26 PM

Should a court issue arise over btc, the person who defaulted will be charged to court, not Satoshi or any btc owner. They did not break the law by creating btc.
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:46:00 PM

Bitcoin doesn't care about laws. All it cares about is ethics.

Bitcoin doesn't care about laws nor ethics.
But nothing is above law.Either we obey law or else face the consequences.Nobody can say that bitcoin doesn't care about law so even it is illegal in my country, I will continue using it

quintiilieo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:36:03 PM

What are you trying to say?   All the people who have bitcoin is called for me "Bitcoin User" why ? Because all who have bitcoin they always use it, spend it . Satoshi is the creator of bitcoin for me this thread is non sense. This is the Question that have sense, who is satoshi? What his age right now? How many bitcoin that he have right now? Thats the best thread about life of Satoshi

Xenophoto

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:31:24 AM

What are you trying to say?   All the people who have bitcoin is called for me "Bitcoin User" why ? Because all who have bitcoin they always use it, spend it . Satoshi is the creator of bitcoin for me this thread is non sense. This is the Question that have sense, who is satoshi? What his age right now? How many bitcoin that he have right now? Thats the best thread about life of Satoshi

LOL talking big about nonsense while saying nonsense stuffs. Oh well, to answer your questions.

Not to be rude or smth, all of your questions can be answered if you just make a quick search on google. But I'll put them here for you with reference.

Who is satoshi?

Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder/creator of bitcoin. The sole reason why are we discussing this thread right now. He made this forum so people can talk about the precious coin he made. People believe he's Japanese, some people believe Satoshi Nakamoto is just the name used by a group of people who made bitcoin.

What is his age right now?

According to Wikipedia, he's 37 years old. Link here just in case people ask for source.

How many bitcoin does he have right now?

Around 1.5M BTC were created in February 2009. It was discussed in this forum a long time ago. Thread here

VerdinaNET

Activity: 90

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 02:48:37 PM

You said "Nobody is an owner of bitcoin" at the start and at the end you said "who earns bitcoin is a part of the system and owner of Bitcoin". I don't get it and I'm confused. You might wanna rephrase this, mate. Cheesy

Sorry for confusing you, mate  Smiley I mean that it's not a company, corporation etc. and there isn't any one and only person who owns Bitcoins as in other corporations. Bitcoins belongs to everybody who earns bit coin.

https://verdina.net/
Quality Dedicated Server in BG/EU!
bmlawr

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:17:20 AM

It would seem as though any and all that hold bitcoins are the owners, share owners, of bitcoins.
The internet started out in much the same way as bitcoins has.
The more people that use it the bigger it grows to...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: