Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 2x Antminer S5s + 2x Corsair 750w PSUs + 4x Blue LED Fans  (Read 742 times)
DoubleTrouble (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:12:50 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 12:18:27 PM by DoubleTrouble

My miners have given me a nice stream of income so far, but with the difficulty rising, it's not just worth the heat it's outputting in my apartment. Looking to unload both of my miners, with all of the goodies I've bought for them over time.

You get the following:

1 Antminer S5 (One board isn't functional - it hashes at ~535 GH/S).
1 Antminer S5 (Works like a charm. Hashes at  1.18 GH/S)

2x Corsair CX750M power supplies.

4x Blue LED Fans (I don't recall the brand name, but they are super quiet, which is why I replaced them from the loud stock ones when I bought the miners).

Asking price for the total package: $200, OBO. Shipping to US/Canada only, please.

Pictures as follows (excuse the cord gore):

eretron

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:22:08 PM

You are lucky they are still running at all with those temps...

DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:05:27 PM

You are lucky they are still running at all with those temps...

Yep. I am. These temps were taken when I ran them without the air conditioning on in the room I keep them in (which is how I kept them cool this entire time).

generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:07:27 PM

I thought they shut down at 80C.  I guess that option wasn't checked.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:09:39 PM

I thought they shut down at 80C.  I guess that option wasn't checked.

The fully functional one is running at 102 and 85 as I type this and is hashing just fine.

Normally they run at at around 82ish with the air on.

QuentinA

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:03:49 PM

I have just burner 1 board of my own, if you don't manage to sell them PM me with a price for just the board (no heatsink psu etc.) shipped to France zip 56000

Cheers

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:41:54 PM

Dude, nobody will buy these from you now after you showed them those temps.

The fans you used were too low of a CFM, you should of just swapped S3 fans on them. Or got the expensive Noctua fans, and you would get temps around 50C.

Those looks like silent/quiet regular case fans which spin at like 1200rpm.

I would power off those right now immediately before you burn your place down.

DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:41:29 PM

Dude, nobody will buy these from you now after you showed them those temps.

The fans you used were too low of a CFM, you should of just swapped S3 fans on them. Or got the expensive Noctua fans, and you would get temps around 50C.

Those looks like silent/quiet regular case fans which spin at like 1200rpm.

I would power off those right now immediately before you burn your place down.

99% sure you're blowing this way out of proportion. They hash fine, they have absolutely no fire hazard associated with them whatsoever, and I could show you much lower temps if I were to bother turning them on in a room that doesn't have the heat turned up.

Again, this was a demonstration (They have been off for a month or so now) to prove that they hash.

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:46:38 PM

The temperature sensor is not the ASIC chips, if the temp sensor is at 100C then your ASIC chips can be around 150C and most of your other components like capacitors and resistors, its strains all compontents and they will fail prematurely.

I really don't understand why you would run them at 100C and assume its perfectly ok.

DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:49:16 PM

The temperature sensor is not the ASIC chips, if the temp sensor is at 100C then your ASIC chips can be around 150C and most of your other components like capacitors and resistors, its strains all compontents and they will fail prematurely.

I really don't understand why you would run them at 100C and assume its perfectly ok.

I don't/haven't ran them at 100C continuously. Again, this was a brief test to prove they hash and at what speeds.

I just moved the units to ensure clear air flow and have the air conditioner on. In 40 minutes or so I'll take another temperature reading (along with hash rate).

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:27:56 AM

I don't/haven't ran them at 100C continuously. Again, this was a brief test to prove they hash and at what speeds.

I just moved the units to ensure clear air flow and have the air conditioner on. In 40 minutes or so I'll take another temperature reading (along with hash rate).

The problem is you shown me you'd even let this go for even 1 sec. You say these hash fine, they dont really, you have HW at stock Freq and your hashrate is very low. This shows you've not taken care properly of the unit or are using a bad PSU.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:06:15 AM

The problem is you shown me you'd even let this go for even 1 sec. You say these hash fine, they dont really, you have HW at stock Freq and your hashrate is very low. This shows you've not taken care properly of the unit or are using a bad PSU.

My PSUs are fine. If you aren't interested, please stay out of my thread. Thank you.

DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:35:57 AM

Temps are running at 81/73  and 74/68 after cooling down the room.

Fans don't do much good when the apartment itself is hot. Smiley

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:24:19 AM

My PSUs are fine. If you aren't interested, please stay out of my thread. Thank you.

I think you did not understand me. EITHER you have bad PSU or you ran the S5 too hot and they lost a significant portion of their hashrate.
Since you supposedly have fine PSU, it mean that your 10% hashrate lost is due to the improper way you've been running the S5s.

Good, i guess i can stay, then. I'm interested in cheap S5's. I think they're still a bit too high however, considering their clear damaged states. (10% hashrate loss at stock setting + HW)

If you care, Allinvain is selling fully functional and unabused S5's for probably 100$ea now (His asking price is 120$) or maybe even cheaper in bulk. His thread is just next to your's.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Gren

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:10:10 AM

My suggestion to you is put the stock fans back on and take a screen cap again, hopefully the hardware error rates will go down a bit and hopefully these would look like something worth buying. If the HW error rate magically drops down to 0.0099% or better I might be interested in one s5 and both of your psu's

The temps and HW error rate you posted have scared off just about any sane person.

DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:18:18 PM

I think you did not understand me. EITHER you have bad PSU or you ran the S5 too hot and they lost a significant portion of their hashrate.
Since you supposedly have fine PSU, it mean that your 10% hashrate lost is due to the improper way you've been running the S5s.

Good, i guess i can stay, then. I'm interested in cheap S5's. I think they're still a bit too high however, considering their clear damaged states. (10% hashrate loss at stock setting + HW)

If you care, Allinvain is selling fully functional and unabused S5's for probably 100$ea now (His asking price is 120$) or maybe even cheaper in bulk. His thread is just next to your's.

Only one is damaged. A board isn't working on it, and it hashes at half what it's supposed to. The other one works fine.

You've made a good point about the price, however. I'll let the entire package go for $200 even. $100 for the fully working miner, $50 for the half-hasher, $25 per PSU (You won't find a better price for those PSUs) and the fans I'll toss in just because.

I THINK I have the stock fans (which are loud as all hell) laying around here somewhere. I'll toss them in as well, but no promises.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:31:16 PM

Only one is damaged. A board isn't working on it, and it hashes at half what it's supposed to. The other one works fine.

You've made a good point about the price, however. I'll let the entire package go for $200 even. $100 for the fully working miner, $50 for the half-hasher, $25 per PSU (You won't find a better price for those PSUs) and the fans I'll toss in just because.

I THINK I have the stock fans (which are loud as all hell) laying around here somewhere. I'll toss them in as well, but no promises.

Can you retake a pic of the "fully working" one? Because 1030GH/s at stock freq is under performing by 125GH/s. That's why i said "damaged". It should be at 1155GH/s.

200$ for everything shipped to Canada?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:10:55 PM

Current caps (as of 7:07 PM EST) of both. As I said, running them with the 4x fans in air conditioning lowers the temp dramatically. The stock fans were great at keeping them cool, but they also kept me awake at night (I originally had these in a smaller apartment).

*Edit* Canada sounds fine. Can you ballpark a shipping cost for me?

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:13:58 PM

Are you in the USA or Canada?

DoubleTrouble (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:15:21 PM