Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - An experimental Proof of Work blockchain  (Read 10420 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Eclipse Crypto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:31:24 AM

how i could start mining ?

how to start with Mac?

Unless you have 15 years of experience building tools and troubleshooting software, forget about it.

15 years experience ?

how old are you Cheesy !

Old enough to know that the chain is dead now.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bigmody

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

how i could start mining ?

how to start with Mac?

Unless you have 15 years of experience building tools and troubleshooting software, forget about it.

15 years experience ?

how old are you Cheesy !

Old enough to know that the chain is dead now.

i see,

i just was want to know how to start mining with this coin, how to build and start.

btw thank you,
STEEMD

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:48:53 AM

i just made my account, however, the coin source looks great, but needs usage docs.

i managed to compile on linux, and started mining with around 1600/hbs, but the blockchain is now stuck on #8257

@dev, we need more info, what is VESTS, SBD, voting?, publish_feed, post_comment....etc ?

most important is, what is your vision ?
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:03:01 AM

I'm wondering if it's safe to pass private key in a command line like this  Huh

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:06:35 AM

i just made my account, however, the coin source looks great, but needs usage docs.

i managed to compile on linux, and started mining with around 1600/hbs, but the blockchain is now stuck on #8257

@dev, we need more info, what is VESTS, SBD, voting?, publish_feed, post_comment....etc ?

most important is, what is your vision ?

I don't think that the dev has a vision here. This is a time waster coin.
gizmolo

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:56:01 AM

Code:
2576542ms th_a       witness.cpp:132               plugin_initialize    ] 4 parse_error_exception: Parse Error
Unexpected char '103' in "gizmolo"
    {"c":103,"s":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:433 variant_from_stream

{"str":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:478 from_string
2576543ms th_a       main.cpp:196                  main                 ] Exiting with error:
4 parse_error_exception: Parse Error
Unexpected char '103' in "gizmolo"
    {"c":103,"s":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:433 variant_from_stream

{"str":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:478 from_string
rethrow
    {}
    th_a  witness.cpp:132 plugin_initialize

That's what I get when I try to start steemd Sad
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:44:08 PM

This has been a monstrous shit show.

The dev crushed the difficulty and turned off his miners. Now the chain won't move.

Ran in to some technical difficulties while I slept Sad   My mining node crashed, the first time that has happened in a really long time.

Everything is up and running again.

Are you fast enough?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:44:32 PM

Can someone please compile windows binaries and post them here.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:50:43 PM

Can someone please compile windows binaries and post them here.

I know it is possible to build this on windows (it is derived from BitShares code which builds on windows), but I don't have a windows machine.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:29:22 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 02:50:33 PM by Eclipse Crypto

This has been a monstrous shit show.

The dev crushed the difficulty and turned off his miners. Now the chain won't move.

Ran in to some technical difficulties while I slept Sad   My mining node crashed, the first time that has happened in a really long time.

Everything is up and running again.

Why was no one getting any blocks while your miner was down?

You are screwing people over by not telling them how to mine. We should be able to mine without your miner.

I have a feeling you are getting all the blocks and no one else can mine because of some technicality we are all missing.

Why didn't you just premine all the coins and save us all a lot of time?

I literally had 20 cores on this shitcoin for 6 hours and didn't get a single block, even while no blocks were coming in from your miner or anywhere else.

Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:54:47 PM

This is what I mean, no one can mine this coin but the dev even if their miners look to be working fine.

Code:
2366994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
2367994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
2368994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
2369994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)

That's what it looks like while the dev's miner is down. No blocks come from anywhere.

Code:
1515210ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14469 hps
1518347ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 12973 hps
1521395ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14408 hps
1521544ms th_a       application.cpp:394           handle_transaction   ] Got 1 transactions from network
1524211ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14374 hps
1527210ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14581 hps

That's what it looks like while the dev's miner is up. The 1 transaction from the network is the dev's miner finding a block.

The DEV is the only one getting blocks even though I am mining with a lot of hashes and probably others as well.

thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:30:11 PM

The consensus algorithm works as follows:

At the start of the chain, "initminer" is the only node that can produce blocks, but it does not get paid. In fact, no one gets paid until 21 miners solve a POW.

Every time miner solves a POW and broadcasts their transaction, it gets included in a block and they get added to the queue.

The top 21 miners in the queue are selected as a "round" and are randomly shuffled.  Then they produce 21 blocks.

At the start of each round one miner is popped from the queue (reducing queue length), and bringing in a new miner.

*if* no one in the round produces blocks then the network stalls until someone in the round starts producing.

The current queue:

["insurance","james","jandbzan","jason","jeff","mangox","andrew","jeffrey","jennifer","liondani","apple","arthur","balthazar","barbara","faddy",
"ben","billgates","bitchipper","cloop","bitcoin","bitcoinkkk","bitshares","bnrtx","bob","bobby","boltz","brian","bryan","initminer18882","carl",
"charles","chartbuddy","chris","cisahasa","cypherdoc","dan","abit","daniel","dannac","david","thisisnice","dealthandtaxes","devshuster","dnotes",
"doesntmatter","donald","jeremy","donna","john","jose","dorthy","acp","drays","drpd","elizabeth","eric","joseph","ernest","ethereum",
"facebook","adamstgbit","kevin","frank","fuck","gary","cloop1","griffith","helen","faddy1","coins4lunch","aaron","kointrend","almond",
"amph","amy","ander","hilariousandco"]

I can tell you that many in that queue are not me.  

The algorithm is robust once the queue gets diversified and the active round is controlled by more than a single node.  

In terms of Bitcoin, think of it like taking a random sample of 21 blocks and trusting them not to collude.  Bitcoin depends upon no one having enough hash power to mine 6 in a row, which means this system is secure unless someone can mine 21 in a row and then stop producing blocks.

Note: I did pick many top names for name-squatting purposes.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:55:04 PM

The consensus algorithm works as follows:

At the start of the chain, "initminer" is the only node that can produce blocks, but it does not get paid. In fact, no one gets paid until 21 miners solve a POW.

Every time miner solves a POW and broadcasts their transaction, it gets included in a block and they get added to the queue.

The top 21 miners in the queue are selected as a "round" and are randomly shuffled.  Then they produce 21 blocks.

At the start of each round one miner is popped from the queue (reducing queue length), and bringing in a new miner.

*if* no one in the round produces blocks then the network stalls until someone in the round starts producing.

The current queue:

["insurance","james","jandbzan","jason","jeff","mangox","andrew","jeffrey","jennifer","liondani","apple","arthur","balthazar","barbara","faddy",
"ben","billgates","bitchipper","cloop","bitcoin","bitcoinkkk","bitshares","bnrtx","bob","bobby","boltz","brian","bryan","initminer18882","carl",
"charles","chartbuddy","chris","cisahasa","cypherdoc","dan","abit","daniel","dannac","david","thisisnice","dealthandtaxes","devshuster","dnotes",
"doesntmatter","donald","jeremy","donna","john","jose","dorthy","acp","drays","drpd","elizabeth","eric","joseph","ernest","ethereum",
"facebook","adamstgbit","kevin","frank","fuck","gary","cloop1","griffith","helen","faddy1","coins4lunch","aaron","kointrend","almond",
"amph","amy","ander","hilariousandco"]

I can tell you that many in that queue are not me.  

The algorithm is robust once the queue gets diversified and the active round is controlled by more than a single node.  

In terms of Bitcoin, think of it like taking a random sample of 21 blocks and trusting them not to collude.  Bitcoin depends upon no one having enough hash power to mine 6 in a row, which means this system is secure unless someone can mine 21 in a row and then stop producing blocks.

Note: I did pick many top names for name-squatting purposes.

You haven't answered why no blocks were found while your miner was down.

No one can mine this coin but you.

You need to fix that and launch again. This is a complete fail.

thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:58:54 PM

At the time I controlled all 21 witnesses in the active round.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:03:28 PM

Ridiculous.

None of us are in that witness list and between several people we had 72 cores.

This is a fail. You have gotten every block.

And don't say you needed 21 witnesses to get the chain moving. You should have waited for miners to come on to fill up the slots.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:07:13 PM

Ridiculous.

72 cores should get you in the list, let me investigate.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:13:11 PM

Ridiculous.

We shut down all the cores after I found the "squatted" witnesses.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:15:55 PM

Ridiculous.

I have gone through the list of accounts that are mine and identified the following miners that are NOT me:

"faddy1","mr11acdee","mr11acdee1","mr11acdee2","mr11acdee3","hello","mottler","faddy2","faddy3"

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:16:54 PM

im mining with 6 cores and i got around 70 STEEM in total, no problem here. thanks dev
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:19:42 PM

im mining with 6 cores and i got around 70 STEEM in total, no problem here. thanks dev

Bullshit. So the dev only has 46376 and you have 70.

"current_supply": "46446.000 STEEM",
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: