Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - An experimental Proof of Work blockchain  (Read 10421 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:13:52 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 02:43:26 PM by thereverseflash

Steem is an experimental Proof of Work blockchain with an unproven/beta consensus algorithm.

- No ICO, No IPO
- Currency Symbol STEEM
- 1.000 STEEM block reward at launch
- Approximately 112% APR long term inflation rate

Steem will be Relaunched due to Bug, any mining on current chain will be wasted.

Source Code:   https://github.com/steemit/steem

How To Mine
The mining algorithm used by Steem requires the owner to have access to the private key used by the account. This means it does not favor mining pools.
Code:
      ./steemd --miner=["accountname","${WIFPRIVATEKEY}"] --witness="accountname" --seed-node="52.38.66.234:1984"

Make sure that your accountname is unique and not already used by someone else or your proof of work might not be accepted by the blockchain.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

The algorithm:

Let H        = Head Block ID
Let H2      = SHA256(H+NONCE)
Let PRI      = Producer Private Key
Let PUB    = Producer Public Key
Let S        = SIGN(PRI, SHA256( H ) )
Let K        = RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY( H2, S )
Let POW  = SHA256( K )

Complaints

There are many common complaints/conspiracies about STEEM that we want to address up front:

1. We know that our announcement could be vague and create a barrier to entry for those who cannot code
2. We have mined the vast majority of blocks thus far and we do not attempt to hide it
3. We have mined using forum names so that we can give those names to their rightful owners
4. We have mined to register accounts with popular boy and girl names because they might have extra value some day
5. We know that many here may chose to avoid or not mine STEEM simply because of how it was launched, that is your choice.

If you do not like how STEEM was launched please move on.

Update:

1. account names must be all lowercase and less than 15 char long and start with a letter [a-z][a-z0-9]*
2. WIFPRIVATEKEY format starts with a 5....
3. make sure to pass --witness and miner with the same accountname
4. a wallet is available in ./cli_wallet and will connect to ./steemd *if* you launch ./steemd with --rpc-endpoint

Update:

The consensus algorithm works as follows:

At the start of the chain, "initminer" is the only node that can produce blocks, but it does not get paid. In fact, no one gets paid until 21 miners solve a POW.

Every time miner solves a POW and broadcasts their transaction, it gets included in a block and they get added to the queue.

The top 21 miners in the queue are selected as a "round" and are randomly shuffled.  Then they produce 21 blocks.

At the start of each round one miner is popped from the queue (reducing queue length), and bringing in a new miner.

Update:

Once your miner is in the POW queue, you cannot submit new POW until you exit the queue.  It takes about 2 hours to move through the queue. In effect, if you have more than 0.2% of the total hash power you should have multiple accounts mining.

This is how I intend to moderate this thread:

1. any posts that fundamentally disagree with the initial mining / launch strategy are not productive and will be removed
2. any posts that are not civil and respectful will be removed
3. any posts making false accusations will be removed

Are you fast enough?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 01:18:39 AM

Checking this out. 

Could ya provide a little less info on how to get started?   Wink

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:19:53 AM

We spent months working

And no GUI wallet or even a detailed ann post huh?

Not your keys, not your coins!
Bank_sy

Activity: 450

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:21:09 AM

Checking this out. 

Could ya provide a little less info on how to get started?   Wink

if he told you more then how will he mine more?  Tongue
gambino

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:26:30 AM

We spent months working on the code, our only advantage is our knowledge of the code. If you wish to know what Steem is all about then the least you can do is read the code we wrote.

Roll Eyes

So, this is coin with an experimental Proof of Work blockchain with an unproven/beta consensus algorithm which is only for coders.

Dev, if you force us to avoid this, I'm sure that your project will die
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 01:30:57 AM

that is intresting more info would be helpful here meantime going to check github

blackchopper

Activity: 316
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 01:43:47 AM

It's called an instamine. 

Since people have to read the code to figure out how to use your coin and mine it, it's no different than someone releasing a coin without wallets where people have to compile from source and the developer gets to mine a ton of coins while everyone else has to either figure out how to compile the wallet or compile the wallet.

I'm sure people would love to mine and test your coin out, but your very limited ANN prevents people who are interested in the coin from getting involved.

Developer with a background in Marketing and Promotions.
CHECK OUT PLATINUMBAR XPTX
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:54:05 AM

Please report in when you get a block produced. You will see output on the console like:

3177000ms th_a       witness.cpp:213               block_production_loo ] Generated block #761 with timestamp T1 at time T2 by USERNAME

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:08:54 AM

Since people have to read the code to figure out how to use your coin and mine it, it's no different than someone releasing a coin without wallets where people have to compile from source and the developer gets to mine a ton of coins while everyone else has to either figure out how to compile the wallet or compile the wallet.

I'm sure people would love to mine and test your coin out, but your very limited ANN prevents people who are interested in the coin from getting involved.

My interpretation of instamine is when the block reward is very high at the beginning giving non-linear returns to the first block producers.  Here we get linear returns. If we get a full 24 hours with no competition then we will end up with less than 0.3% of the STEEM after a year.

Are you fast enough?
blackchopper

Activity: 316

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 02:17:30 AM

My interpretation of instamine is when the block reward is very high at the beginning giving non-linear returns to the first block producers.  Here we get linear returns. If we get a full 24 hours with no competition then we will end up with less than 0.3% of the STEEM after a year.

It also means when a developer or a miner mines a coin, in the beginning, with an advantage.  Regardless of how many coins you are going to get, your limited ANN and "new" type of coin limits people from mining the coin, whereas you can mine it - an advantage.  You're "instantly mining" the coin because there is no one else who can mine the coin.

Hey, it's your coin and if you want only the smart people to be able to figure out how to mine the coin, then you can do that.  But if you want people interested in the coin and able to mine it and learn about it, then explain to people how to mine the coin and generate the wallets and they'll be much more interested in your project.  Sure, there are people who only mine a coin to make money and don't care about technology, but there are people who love the tech and would like to learn and mine.  People are just looking at this thread and saying Pass.

Maybe if you would have released the code in advance so that people could ask questions and learn, then started the blockchain and mining, things would be different.  But, you didn't decide to do that.

Developer with a background in Marketing and Promotions.
CHECK OUT PLATINUMBAR XPTX
tacee

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:20:46 AM

No wallet,no miner,Dev,are you kidding? Huh
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:41:46 AM

No pool, sources won't build. Hmmm. Reminds me of something.

It builds on OS X and Ubuntu. 

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:52:29 AM

You need to read what happens to coins when the sources don't build.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378922

Wink

And what error are you getting? It is a simple cmake system.

Code:
git submodule update --init --recursive
cmake .
make

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:04:07 AM

You need to read what happens to coins when the sources don't build.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378922

Wink

And what error are you getting? It is a simple cmake system.

Code:
git submodule update --init --recursive
cmake .
make

I built it.

Can you make an example of how to start the miner. I'm getting json errors.

Will any wif key do?

Code:
# ./steemd --miner='["EclipseCrypto2016","WIFKEYNUNYA"]' --witness="EclipseCrypto2016" --seed-node="52.38.66.234:1984"
179291ms th_a       main.cpp:158                  main                 ] parsing options
179291ms th_a       main.cpp:160                  main                 ] initializing node
179291ms th_a       main.cpp:162                  main                 ] initializing plugins
179292ms th_a       witness.cpp:92                plugin_initialize    ] witness plugin:  plugin_initialize() begin
179292ms th_a       witness.cpp:132               plugin_initialize    ] 4 parse_error_exception: Parse Error
Unexpected char '69' in "EclipseCrypto2016"
    {"c":69,"s":"EclipseCrypto2016"}
    th_a  json.cpp:433 variant_from_stream

{"str":"EclipseCrypto2016"}
    th_a  json.cpp:478 from_string
179292ms th_a       main.cpp:196                  main                 ] Exiting with error:
4 parse_error_exception: Parse Error
Unexpected char '69' in "EclipseCrypto2016"
    {"c":69,"s":"EclipseCrypto2016"}

{"str":"EclipseCrypto2016"}
rethrow
    {}
    th_a  witness.cpp:132 plugin_initialize
caramelisedbanknote

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:20:41 AM

Steem is an experimental Proof of Work blockchain with an unproven/beta consensus algorithm.

- No Pre-mine, No ICO, No IPO
- Currency Symbol STEEM
- 1.000 STEEM block reward at launch
- Approximately 112% APR long term inflation rate

Source Code:   https://github.com/steemit/steem

Mining Starts NOW!  

We spent months working on the code, our only advantage is our knowledge of the code. If you wish to know what Steem is all about then the least you can do is read the code we wrote.

How To Mine
The mining algorithm used by Steem requires the owner to have access to the private key used by the account. This means it does not favor mining pools.
Code:
      ./steemd --miner=["accountname","${WIFPRIVATEKEY}"] --witness="accountname" --seed-node="52.38.66.234:1984"

Make sure that your accountname is unique and not already used by someone else or your proof of work might not be accepted by the blockchain.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

i do not get how to mine...
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:36:49 AM

user names should be all lower case and less than 15 characters long.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:39:06 AM

user names should be all lower case.

What is the algo? ? ? ?

I've been mining with 8 cores and have gotten nothing in 20 blocks. Either a bunch of others figured this out real fast or you are mining with asics.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:43:01 AM

What is the algo? ? ? ?

I've been mining with 8 cores and have gotten nothing in 20 blocks. Either a bunch of others figured this out real fast or you are mining with asics.

While any mining algorithm could be used, we would like to introduce a new algorithm that has several beneficial properties. The mining algorithm requires proof that the miner possess the private key for the account that will ultimately produce the block and receive the reward. The algorithm also requires the user to do an elliptic curve signature verification, the optimization of which will benefit the validation of all transactions and lower the cost of operating the network in the long run.

The algorithm:

Let HASH = a secure cryptographic hash function (SHA256 or better)
Let H        = Head Block ID
Let H2      = HASH(H+NONCE)
Let PRI      = Producer Private Key
Let PUB    = Producer Public Key
Let S        = SIGN(PRI, HASH( H ) )
Let K        = RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY( H2, S )
Let POW  = HASH( K )

To be valid the POW must be less than the target difficulty and RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY(H2,S) must equal PUB. The miner introduces randomness in either the selection of the NONCE or via the randomness required for elliptic curve signature generation. This, combined with the private key selection should ensure that no two miners are searching the same work space.

By starting and ending the POW with a cryptographically secure hash function we can ensure that any vulnerabilities or computational shortcuts that may exist in the RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY algorithm or SIGN algorithm will ultimately cause the POW algorithm to revert back to a simple HASH-based POW.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:44:44 AM

What is the algo? ? ? ?

While any mining algorithm could be used, we would like to introduce a new algorithm that has several beneficial properties. The mining algorithm requires proof that the miner possess the private key for the account that will ultimately produce the block and receive the reward. The algorithm also requires the user to do an elliptic curve signature verification, the optimization of which will benefit the validation of all transactions and lower the cost of operating the network in the long run.

The algorithm:

Let POW  = HASH( K )

To be valid the POW must be less than the target difficulty and RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY(H2,S) must equal PUB. The miner introduces randomness in either the selection of the NONCE or via the randomness required for elliptic curve signature generation. This, combined with the private key selection should ensure that no two miners are searching the same work space.

By starting and ending the POW with a cryptographically secure hash function we can ensure that any vulnerabilities or computational shortcuts that may exist in the RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY algorithm or SIGN algorithm will ultimately cause the POW algorithm to revert back to a simple HASH-based POW.

Great. But what is HASH() ? ? ?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:49:24 AM

What is the algo? ? ? ?

The algorithm:

Let POW  = HASH( K )

HASH() is SHA256, but the algorithm is dominated by RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY() and SIGN() for which there is no ASIC or GPU code that I am aware of.

I would respond faster, but bitcointalk is rate limiting me to once every 6 minutes.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:51:25 AM

What is the algo? ? ? ?

The algorithm:

Let POW  = HASH( K )

HASH() is SHA256, but the algorithm is dominated by RECOVER_PUBLIC_KEY() and SIGN() for which there is no ASIC or GPU code that I am aware of.

I would respond faster, but bitcointalk is rate limiting me to once every 6 minutes.

Cool, thanks. Now, how many cores are you mining with? Because the diff is high.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:56:39 AM

Current difficulty:  000001ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Most of what we are mining will be given away in the future, so what ever concerns there are about our early mining dominance will not matter in the long run.

Mining is very sensitive to latency due to having less than 3 seconds to receive a block, mine, and broadcast a solution.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:01:28 AM

Current difficulty:  000001ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Most of what we are mining will be given away in the future, so what ever concerns there are about our early mining dominance will not matter in the long run.

Why not back off a little and let some miners find some blocks? I think you are getting them all.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:10:01 AM

We would like to have the benefits of Proof of Work (aka mining) without the downsides such as unpredictable block production time, mining pool centralization, or the potential for recent blocks to be orphaned. The primary benefits of POW include:

1. An objective measure of quality that is expensive to forge
2. A financial incentive to optimize a useful/necessary computer algorithm
3. A distribution model that attracts tech-savvy users
4. Creation of a robust low-latency network

Unlike traditional mining, block production time is separated from the time when work is performed. When a solution is found that meets the target difficulty, a transaction is submitted the network and included by the current block producer. To be included, the POW must be derived from the current head block. The user is then added to a queue to be included in a future block production round. The target difficulty becomes a function of the queue length. A simple algorithm would require a number of leading 0 bits of a POW hash equal to the number of producers in the queue. We chose to make difficulty equal to queue length divided by 4.

With three-second block times, a POW miner needs to operate a node with minimal network latency so it can get the new head-block as quickly as possible and then submit its result to the network with enough time to propagate to the next block producer.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:18:20 AM

Current difficulty:  000001ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Why not back off a little and let some miners find some blocks? I think you are getting them all.

What is your hash rate?

3472172ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 19417 hps
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:19:03 AM

And yet you have no compiled wallets???
FAIL?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:19:28 AM

Also for the wif format, is this dumpprivkey format ("L...") or bitcoin wif ("5...") ?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:21:31 AM

Also for the wif format, is this dumpprivkey format ("L...") or bitcoin wif ("5...") ?

Bitcoin: "5...", what is your account name?

FYI: there is a wallet that gets built, cli_wallet.  

./cli_wallet and will connect to ./steemd *if* you launch ./steemd with --rpc-endpoint

Are you fast enough?
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:26:14 AM

FYI: there is a wallet that gets built, cli_wallet.  
First folder I checked. Can't compile where I'm at now. Executable (for win) would be very nice to have.
Anywaaaay.... good luck
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:40:14 AM

"head_block_number": 3933,
 "current_supply": "16818.000 STEEM",

21 STEEM produced every time a POW is included in a block
1 STEEM produced every time a block is created

The POW queue is currently 77 deep this means it takes ~80 minutes from the time you solve a POW until the time you get scheduled to produce a block.

Once scheduled, you get to produce 21 blocks over 21 minutes and you get to earn 21 STEEM each time you include someone else POW in a block you produce.

On average 1 POW is found every minute.

First block produced:

{
  "previous": "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
  "timestamp": "2016-03-23T01:12:27",
  "witness": "initminer",
  "transaction_merkle_root": "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
  "extensions": [],
  "witness_signature": "1f7ab858d58134f555bd538b74534f17ad88d2bce6bee83fd99c160a5228be929054041cfa7b2e0 13cef39bde76a7e980b7011b1605b53c1721d6430e496f0ab5b",
  "transactions": [],
  "block_id": "00000001274f454c6b7320943c5a5b26e87a89a0",
  "signing_key": "STM8GC13uCZbP44HzMLV6zPZGwVQ8Nt4Kji8PapsPiNq1BK153XTX",
  "transaction_ids": []
}

1 block is produced every 3 seconds.  1 POW every minute.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:44:16 AM

"head_block_number": 3933,
 "current_supply": "16818.000 STEEM",

21 STEEM produced every time a POW is included in a block
1 STEEM produced every time a block is created

The POW queue is currently 77 deep this means it takes ~80 minutes from the time you solve a POW until the time you get scheduled to produce a block.

Once scheduled, you get to produce 21 blocks over 21 minutes and you get to earn 21 STEEM each time you include someone else POW in a block you produce.

On average 1 POW is found every minute.

3933 blocks is nearly 3 days of mining at 1 minute blocks.
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:47:12 AM

What does it look like when you

1) Solve a block
2) Produce a block
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:50:37 AM

What does it look like when you

1) Solve a block
2) Produce a block

Blocks are produced on a fixed schedule and must be signed by the private key that did the POW.
POW is a TRANSACTION that gets included by the currently scheduled block producer, the transaction adds you to the queue *IF* the POW is sufficient.

End result: 3 second confirmations (same as BitShares) and 100% predictability in block schedule and no orphan blocks, but you can have orphan POW TRANSACTIONS if they don't get to the scheduled block producer in time.

Block producers have more to gain by including your transaction than by ignoring it, they get paid to include your POW.  You don't get paid for your POW.  You only get paid when you eventually produce a block and/or include someone else POW.

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:56:56 AM

If someone signs two blocks with the same timestamp and someone catches them in a timely manner, they can seize the balance of the "double signer". 

So no one can "produce" on two parallel chains without risking their balance.

Are you fast enough?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:06:39 AM

nobody can compile us a windows wallet?

CryptoMaik

Activity: 594

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:12:08 AM

This is a launchdevmine coin.
No gui no instructions...not even a linux compile or nice ANN so he can mine from the beginning without us or the big public and get a lot and easy to mine coins.

Good luck.

CryptoMaik ✔
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:42:04 AM

This is a launchdevmine coin.
No gui no instructions...not even a linux compile or nice ANN so he can mine from the beginning without us or the big public and get a lot and easy to mine coins.

Good luck.

And he's mining with a ton of hashes too.
Bigmody

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:56:58 AM

how i could start mining ?

how to start with Mac?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:03:18 AM

how to start with Mac?

Unless you have 15 years of experience building tools and troubleshooting software, forget about it.
Bigmody

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:13:22 AM

how to start with Mac?

Unless you have 15 years of experience building tools and troubleshooting software, forget about it.

15 years experience ?

how old are you Cheesy !
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:31:24 AM

how to start with Mac?

15 years experience ?

how old are you Cheesy !

Old enough to know that the chain is dead now.
Bigmody

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

how to start with Mac?

15 years experience ?

how old are you Cheesy !

Old enough to know that the chain is dead now.

i see,

i just was want to know how to start mining with this coin, how to build and start.

btw thank you,
STEEMD

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:48:53 AM

i just made my account, however, the coin source looks great, but needs usage docs.

i managed to compile on linux, and started mining with around 1600/hbs, but the blockchain is now stuck on #8257

@dev, we need more info, what is VESTS, SBD, voting?, publish_feed, post_comment....etc ?

most important is, what is your vision ?
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:03:01 AM

I'm wondering if it's safe to pass private key in a command line like this  Huh

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:06:35 AM

i just made my account, however, the coin source looks great, but needs usage docs.

i managed to compile on linux, and started mining with around 1600/hbs, but the blockchain is now stuck on #8257

@dev, we need more info, what is VESTS, SBD, voting?, publish_feed, post_comment....etc ?

most important is, what is your vision ?

I don't think that the dev has a vision here. This is a time waster coin.
gizmolo

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:56:01 AM

Code:
2576542ms th_a       witness.cpp:132               plugin_initialize    ] 4 parse_error_exception: Parse Error
Unexpected char '103' in "gizmolo"
    {"c":103,"s":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:433 variant_from_stream

{"str":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:478 from_string
2576543ms th_a       main.cpp:196                  main                 ] Exiting with error:
Unexpected char '103' in "gizmolo"
    {"c":103,"s":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:433 variant_from_stream

{"str":"gizmolo"}
    th_a  json.cpp:478 from_string
rethrow
    {}
    th_a  witness.cpp:132 plugin_initialize

That's what I get when I try to start steemd Sad
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:44:08 PM

This has been a monstrous shit show.

The dev crushed the difficulty and turned off his miners. Now the chain won't move.

Ran in to some technical difficulties while I slept Sad   My mining node crashed, the first time that has happened in a really long time.

Everything is up and running again.

Are you fast enough?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:44:32 PM

Can someone please compile windows binaries and post them here.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:50:43 PM

I know it is possible to build this on windows (it is derived from BitShares code which builds on windows), but I don't have a windows machine.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:29:22 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 02:50:33 PM by Eclipse Crypto

This has been a monstrous shit show.

The dev crushed the difficulty and turned off his miners. Now the chain won't move.

Ran in to some technical difficulties while I slept Sad   My mining node crashed, the first time that has happened in a really long time.

Everything is up and running again.

Why was no one getting any blocks while your miner was down?

You are screwing people over by not telling them how to mine. We should be able to mine without your miner.

I have a feeling you are getting all the blocks and no one else can mine because of some technicality we are all missing.

Why didn't you just premine all the coins and save us all a lot of time?

I literally had 20 cores on this shitcoin for 6 hours and didn't get a single block, even while no blocks were coming in from your miner or anywhere else.

Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:54:47 PM

This is what I mean, no one can mine this coin but the dev even if their miners look to be working fine.

Code:
2366994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
2367994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
2368994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
2369994ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)

That's what it looks like while the dev's miner is down. No blocks come from anywhere.

Code:
1515210ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14469 hps
1518347ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 12973 hps
1521395ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14408 hps
1521544ms th_a       application.cpp:394           handle_transaction   ] Got 1 transactions from network
1524211ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14374 hps
1527210ms th_a       witness.cpp:341               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 14581 hps

That's what it looks like while the dev's miner is up. The 1 transaction from the network is the dev's miner finding a block.

The DEV is the only one getting blocks even though I am mining with a lot of hashes and probably others as well.

thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:30:11 PM

At the start of the chain, "initminer" is the only node that can produce blocks, but it does not get paid. In fact, no one gets paid until 21 miners solve a POW.

Every time miner solves a POW and broadcasts their transaction, it gets included in a block and they get added to the queue.

The top 21 miners in the queue are selected as a "round" and are randomly shuffled.  Then they produce 21 blocks.

At the start of each round one miner is popped from the queue (reducing queue length), and bringing in a new miner.

*if* no one in the round produces blocks then the network stalls until someone in the round starts producing.

The current queue:

["insurance","james","jandbzan","jason","jeff","mangox","andrew","jeffrey","jennifer","liondani","apple","arthur","balthazar","barbara","faddy",
"ben","billgates","bitchipper","cloop","bitcoin","bitcoinkkk","bitshares","bnrtx","bob","bobby","boltz","brian","bryan","initminer18882","carl",
"charles","chartbuddy","chris","cisahasa","cypherdoc","dan","abit","daniel","dannac","david","thisisnice","dealthandtaxes","devshuster","dnotes",
"doesntmatter","donald","jeremy","donna","john","jose","dorthy","acp","drays","drpd","elizabeth","eric","joseph","ernest","ethereum",
"facebook","adamstgbit","kevin","frank","fuck","gary","cloop1","griffith","helen","faddy1","coins4lunch","aaron","kointrend","almond",
"amph","amy","ander","hilariousandco"]

I can tell you that many in that queue are not me.  

The algorithm is robust once the queue gets diversified and the active round is controlled by more than a single node.  

In terms of Bitcoin, think of it like taking a random sample of 21 blocks and trusting them not to collude.  Bitcoin depends upon no one having enough hash power to mine 6 in a row, which means this system is secure unless someone can mine 21 in a row and then stop producing blocks.

Note: I did pick many top names for name-squatting purposes.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:55:04 PM

*if* no one in the round produces blocks then the network stalls until someone in the round starts producing.

The current queue:

["insurance","james","jandbzan","jason","jeff","mangox","andrew","jeffrey","jennifer","liondani","apple","arthur","balthazar","barbara","faddy",
"ben","billgates","bitchipper","cloop","bitcoin","bitcoinkkk","bitshares","bnrtx","bob","bobby","boltz","brian","bryan","initminer18882","carl",
"charles","chartbuddy","chris","cisahasa","cypherdoc","dan","abit","daniel","dannac","david","thisisnice","dealthandtaxes","devshuster","dnotes",
"doesntmatter","donald","jeremy","donna","john","jose","dorthy","acp","drays","drpd","elizabeth","eric","joseph","ernest","ethereum",
"facebook","adamstgbit","kevin","frank","fuck","gary","cloop1","griffith","helen","faddy1","coins4lunch","aaron","kointrend","almond",
"amph","amy","ander","hilariousandco"]

I can tell you that many in that queue are not me.  

The algorithm is robust once the queue gets diversified and the active round is controlled by more than a single node.  

In terms of Bitcoin, think of it like taking a random sample of 21 blocks and trusting them not to collude.  Bitcoin depends upon no one having enough hash power to mine 6 in a row, which means this system is secure unless someone can mine 21 in a row and then stop producing blocks.

Note: I did pick many top names for name-squatting purposes.

You haven't answered why no blocks were found while your miner was down.

No one can mine this coin but you.

You need to fix that and launch again. This is a complete fail.

thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:58:54 PM

At the time I controlled all 21 witnesses in the active round.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:03:28 PM

Ridiculous.

None of us are in that witness list and between several people we had 72 cores.

This is a fail. You have gotten every block.

And don't say you needed 21 witnesses to get the chain moving. You should have waited for miners to come on to fill up the slots.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:07:13 PM

Ridiculous.

72 cores should get you in the list, let me investigate.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:13:11 PM

Ridiculous.

We shut down all the cores after I found the "squatted" witnesses.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:15:55 PM

Ridiculous.

I have gone through the list of accounts that are mine and identified the following miners that are NOT me:

"faddy1","mr11acdee","mr11acdee1","mr11acdee2","mr11acdee3","hello","mottler","faddy2","faddy3"

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:16:54 PM

im mining with 6 cores and i got around 70 STEEM in total, no problem here. thanks dev
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:19:42 PM

im mining with 6 cores and i got around 70 STEEM in total, no problem here. thanks dev

Bullshit. So the dev only has 46376 and you have 70.

"current_supply": "46446.000 STEEM",
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:25:07 PM

Yea and just felt the need to create a new shill account rather than using your own?

Good try "dev".

STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:26:29 PM

Yea and just felt the need to create a new shill account rather than using your own?

Good try "dev".

are you high or something?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:28:32 PM

Good try "dev".

Glad to hear you had success steemd, why did you create a new account cause it certainly does look like you are a sock puppet of mine Sad

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:34:42 PM

Good try "dev".

Glad to hear you had success steemd, why did you create a new account cause it certainly does look like you are a sock puppet of mine Sad

can you please tell us, what is VESTES and SBD ? also what is "participation": "95.31250000000000000".

well, i wish there is anything i can do to prov that's im not you.  Grin
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:36:28 PM

[ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE | NO MINING | NO WINDOWS WALLET | NO FUN

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:38:44 PM

Good try "dev".

can you please tell us, what is VESTES and SBD ? also what is "participation": "95.31250000000000000".

Sign in with your hero account and claim STEEMD.
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:41:43 PM

Good try "dev".

Sign in with your hero account and claim STEEMD.

i wish i have a hero member account lol  Grin
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:55:36 PM

i wish i have a hero member account lol  Grin

Your coin is dead now dev you can stop posting the stupid smileys.
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:58:59 PM

i wish i have a hero member account lol  Grin

Your coin is dead now dev you can stop posting the stupid smileys.

blah.. Grin
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:03:48 PM

I know it is possible to build this on windows (it is derived from BitShares code which builds on windows), but I don't have a windows machine.

Crap, all my machines are windows. I guess I should just get with the program and install linux on a dual boot for my pcs. That would take a long time, maybe in a couple of weeks when I'm on vacation.

For now I guess I'll just watch and see what happens.
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:05:20 PM

Crap, all my machines are windows. I guess I should just get with the program and install linux on a dual boot for my pcs. That would take a long time, maybe in a couple of weeks when I'm on vacation.

For now I guess I'll just watch and see what happens.

use cloud, vultr, amazon, etc..  Wink
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:08:14 PM

Before everyone gets steemd (let the puns commence!), let me explain a bit about what is going on with this launch:

1. We want to have a large amount of STEEM to give away via faucets
2. We don't want to spend a lot of money competing with miners just so we can turn around and give it away
3. So we have intentionally made the launch unappealing so that we could execute a longer-term strategy.

What this means is that anyone who reads the code and identifies the value within has a huge opportunity, you can get STEEM the cheapest you ever will be able to and therefore are rewarded for your efforts.

If you are offended by any of the following then it means you do not get the big picture and will ultimately miss out:

1. name squatting less than 100 names (registered via mining)
2. dev mining with 300K HPS (almost nothing really)
3. not knowing what this is all about
4. dev getting their STEEM cheap (which means others get it cheep too)
5. initial centralization of mining
6. someone owning a large fraction of what they created

All crypto-coins need a business model and a development team behind them or they will fail. Most coins opt for a pre-sale, ICO, or private mining.

We have instead opted to go for public mining but low information, which means we are giving savvy miners and people willing to look at our code a HUGE advantage.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:11:33 PM

Before everyone gets steemd (let the puns commence!), let me explain a bit about what is going on with this launch:

2. We don't want to spend a lot of money competing with miners just so we can turn around and give it away
3. So we have intentionally made the launch unappealing so that we could execute a longer-term strategy.

What this means is that anyone who reads the code and identifies the value within has a huge opportunity, you can get STEEM the cheapest you ever will be able to and therefore are rewarded for your efforts.

If you are offended by any of the following then it means you do not get the big picture and will ultimately miss out:

All crypto-coins need a business model and a development team behind them or they will fail. Most coins opt for a pre-sale, ICO, or private mining.

We have instead opted to go for public mining but low information, which means we are giving savvy miners and people willing to look at our code a HUGE advantage.

Except you are the only one getting blocks. We mined for 6 hours with 72 cores (1192K HPS) and got nothing. The miner reported the hashes. We were hashing with nearly 4x as much as you. You rigged the code (which I'm not about to look at), and are acting like this is fair.

This coin needs to die.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:22:07 PM

Except you are the only one getting blocks. We mined for 6 hours with 72 cores (1192K HPS) and got nothing. The miner reported the hashes. We were hashing with nearly 4x as much as you. You rigged the code (which I'm not about to look at), and are acting like this is fair.

This coin needs to die.

If you were mining during the 4-5 hours the network was down, then I am sorry about your loss (no one got any rewards during that time).  If no blocks are produced then no POW transactions can be included.  This is a growing pain and something that should only ever happen at launch while things are still centralized. 

Are you fast enough?
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:29:28 PM

Thank you for listing out every reason you'll never be listed on a real exchange.  Makes it easier for everyone.

thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:53:24 PM

Good try "dev".

Participation rate is a concept brought over from BitShares.  It is a measure of how many "missed blocks" out of the last 128 blocks that were scheduled to be produced.  If someone mines and shuts down prior to producing a block then that can happen.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:02:42 PM

Good try "dev".

Participation rate is a concept brought over from BitShares.  It is a measure of how many "missed blocks" out of the last 128 blocks that were scheduled to be produced.  If someone mines and shuts down prior to producing a block then that can happen.

Thanks for info, how about the hash rate, it starts at 16k hps then later starts to go lower until it reaches 0 hps then later it go up again ?

im also getting blocks at 0 hps, please explain
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:19:00 PM

You will get 0 HPS while your miner is in the queue to produce blocks.  Add a second miner (privatekey+name) to produce while your first miner waits.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

You will get 0 HPS while your miner is in the queue to produce blocks.  Add a second miner to produce while your first miner waits.

Do you mean using -t #of threads, or add more account,privkey ?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:26:16 PM

I'm wondering if it's safe to pass private key in a command line like this  Huh

You can pass in private keys via config file, look for config.ini

Are you fast enough?
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:32:49 PM

"dev just relaunch the coin with wallets and contact pools
if you haven't noticed this thread has dried up cos people are losing interest
no participation == no growth == your coin dies"

i wasn't even rude, so i'll say it again

relaunch your fucking worthless shitcoin with a proper wallet and proper instructions if you want us to take it seriously
or go ahead and baghold your dead shitcoin yourself.

Chatting with your suckpuppet account to feign support is hilarious LOL

noticed how all the people in the first page are gone ? 

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:33:24 PM

can you please tell us, what is VESTES and SBD

Smiley Someone is asking the right questions.  

1. the value of STEEM does not come from how it is mined
2. VESTS is VESTING STEEM or STEEM that has been locked up for an average of 1 year
3. SBD... now that is something that will be revealed in time.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:33:57 PM

LOL This coin will be lucky if it gets to yobit.

Only 1 or 2 users here need to show their deleted posts to bittrex and this coin is toast.

Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:35:43 PM

relaunch your fucking worthless shitcoin with a proper wallet and proper instructions if you want us to take it seriously

Your post will get deleted again. Don't worry. This coin is dead.

I'm a 40 post Jr. Member and I can kill this at trex easily.

I'm officially reading the last rights. Dev you might as well turn off your miners and abandon ship.

It will be courteous of you to say your farewells instead of just disappearing.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:41:07 PM

I'll let this through so I can explain how I intend to moderate this thread going forward:

1. any posts that fundamentally disagree with the initial mining / launch strategy are not productive and will be removed
2. any posts that are not civil and respectful will be removed
3. any posts making false accusations will be removed

The goal of this thread is to help people DISCOVER Steem through the code.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:44:52 PM

Here is what's worse, the dev has faked a bunch of witnesses. These people aren't mining.

Code:
[
  "aaron",
  "abit",
  "acp",
  "adamstgbit",
  "almond",
  "amph",
  "amy",
  "ander",
  "andrew",
  "apple",
  "arthur",
  "balthazar",
  "barbara",
  "ben",
  "billgates",
  "bitchipper",
  "bitcoin",
  "bitcoinkkk",
  "bitshares",
  "bnrtx",
  "bob",
  "bobby",
  "boltz",
  "brian",
  "bryan",
  "carl",
  "charles",
  "chartbuddy",
  "chris",
  "cisahasa",
  "cloop",
  "cloop1",
  "coins4lunch",
  "cypherdoc",
  "dan",
  "daniel",
  "dannac",
  "david",
  "dealthandtaxes",
  "devshuster",
  "dnotes",
  "doesntmatter",
  "donald",
  "donna",
  "dorthy",
  "drays",
  "drpd",
  "elizabeth",
  "eric",
  "ernest",
  "ethereum",
  "facebook",
  "faddy",
  "faddy1",
  "frank",
  "fuck",
  "gary",
  "griffith",
  "helen",
  "hilariousandco",
  "howard",
  "initminer",
  "initminer18882",
  "insurance",
  "james",
  "jandbzan",
  "jason",
  "jeff",
  "jeffrey",
  "jennifer",
  "jeremy",
  "john",
  "jose",
  "joseph",
  "kevin",
  "kointrend",
  "kprell40",
  "larry",
  "laura",
  "leigh2k14",
  "linda",
  "liondani",
  "localhost",
  "luis",
  "malekbaba",
  "mangox",
  "margaret",
  "maria",
  "mark",
  "thisisnice"
]

This is a list of fake witnesses created by the dev. If that many people were actually witnesses, they would have been finding blocks while the dev's miner was down.

^ That's a delete that is going to sink this coin. There are many others.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:03:19 PM

Here is what's worse, the dev has faked a bunch of witnesses. These people aren't mining.

Code:
[
  "aaron",
  "abit",
  "acp",
  "adamstgbit",
  "almond",
  "amph",
  "amy",
  "ander",
  "andrew",
  "apple",
  "arthur",
  "balthazar",
  "barbara",
  "ben",
  "billgates",
  "bitchipper",
  "bitcoin",
  "bitcoinkkk",
  "bitshares",
  "bnrtx",
  "bob",
  "bobby",
  "boltz",
  "brian",
  "bryan",
  "carl",
  "charles",
  "chartbuddy",
  "chris",
  "cisahasa",
  "cloop",
  "cloop1",
  "coins4lunch",
  "cypherdoc",
  "dan",
  "daniel",
  "dannac",
  "david",
  "dealthandtaxes",
  "devshuster",
  "dnotes",
  "doesntmatter",
  "donald",
  "donna",
  "dorthy",
  "drays",
  "drpd",
  "elizabeth",
  "eric",
  "ernest",
  "ethereum",
  "facebook",
  "faddy",
  "faddy1",
  "frank",
  "fuck",
  "gary",
  "griffith",
  "helen",
  "hilariousandco",
  "howard",
  "initminer",
  "initminer18882",
  "insurance",
  "james",
  "jandbzan",
  "jason",
  "jeff",
  "jeffrey",
  "jennifer",
  "jeremy",
  "john",
  "jose",
  "joseph",
  "kevin",
  "kointrend",
  "kprell40",
  "larry",
  "laura",
  "leigh2k14",
  "linda",
  "liondani",
  "localhost",
  "luis",
  "malekbaba",
  "mangox",
  "margaret",
  "maria",
  "mark",
  "thisisnice"
]

This is a list of fake witnesses created by the dev. If that many people were actually witnesses, they would have been finding blocks while the dev's miner was down.

^ That's a delete that is going to sink this coin. There are many others.

I deleted the post because it was a false accusation that is trivially verified by auditing the blockchain and seeing each and every one of those miners produce a valid proof of work.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:06:40 PM

You will get 0 HPS while your miner is in the queue to produce blocks.  Add a second miner to produce while your first miner waits.

bump  Roll Eyes
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:12:25 PM

The purpose is so that we can mine this coin publicly and in a manner that gives everyone a chance to participate.  If no one else chooses to mine because it is too difficult, too little information, or no interest then that is fine.

So, if this approach is not for you, then please leave and let those who are curious explore the code and get involved without a dispute about "how" things *should be done*.  

Sorry, I meant to reply to that earlier but got rate limited.   Additional account + priv key.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:23:03 PM

The purpose is so that we can mine this coin publicly and in a manner that gives everyone a chance to participate.  If no one else chooses to mine because it is too difficult, too little information, or no interest then that is fine.

So, if this approach is not for you, then please leave and let those who are curious explore the code and get involved without a dispute about "how" things *should be done*.  

Sorry, I meant to reply to that earlier but got rate limited.   Additional account + priv key.

im using the config.ini :

is this right ?

miner = ["name","priv","name2","priv2"]

OR

miner = ["name","priv"], ["name2","priv2"]
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:36:15 PM

is this right ?

OR

miner = ["name", "priv"]
miner = ["name2", "priv2"]
miner = ...

Be sure to also add:

witness = "name"
witness = "name2"
witness = "name3" ...

Or you will produce POW but not produce blocks and thus earn nothing.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:51:24 PM

is this right ?

OR

miner = ["name", "priv"]
miner = ...

Be sure to also add:

witness = "name"
witness = "name2"
witness = "name3" ...

cool, can i use the same privkey for all miners ? how many miners can we add? as my test shows only 3 of 6 miners.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:58:06 PM

is this right ?

OR

miner = ["name", "priv"]
miner = ...

Be sure to also add:

witness = "name"
witness = "name2"
witness = "name3" ...

cool, can i use the same privkey for all miners ? how many miners can we add? as my test shows only 3 of 6 miners.

Unlimited number of miners, but all threads will work on the same miner until it gets in the queue and then it will move to the next miner.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:09:55 PM

Thanks dev, its very nice to discover and try something new  Grin

WTS 100 STEEM  Cheesy
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:24:42 PM

why some names such as "dark" gives Error ?
Code:
Unexpected char '100' in "dark"
    {"c":100,"s":"dark"}

{"str":"dark"}
rethrow
    {}
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:51:39 PM

Code:

rethrow
    {}

That is a very good question, did you forget quotes?

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:53:58 PM

Code:

rethrow
    {}

That is a very good question, did you forget quotes?

in the config file:

witness = dark

OR

witness = "dark"

i have other names without "" and got no errors
LingPingChen

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:19:46 PM

Code:
1150898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1151898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1152898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1153898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1154898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1155898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1156898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1157898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1158898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1159898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1160898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1161898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1162898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1163898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1164898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1165898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1166898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1167898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1168898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1169898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1170898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1171898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1172898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1173898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1174898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:29:30 PM

Code:
1150898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent block (see: --enable-stale-production)
1151898ms th_a       witness.cpp:215               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because production is disabled until we receive a recent ....

what is your command to start ?
LingPingChen

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:42:37 PM

miner = ["name", "priv"]
miner = ...

Do the priv* all need to be different?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:46:13 PM

miner = ["name", "priv"]
miner = ...

you can use the same privkey for all ur miners.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:52:21 PM

miner = ["name", "priv"]
miner = ...

No...they can be the same unless you want privacy.

I added some extra logging to my instance.

Here is my hash rate and corresponding estimated time to produce a POW solution.

target: 24 means 24 leading 0's on the hash or 2^24 hashes.    

hash rate: 28208 hps  target: 24 queue: 80 estimated time to produce: 9.91280015125732739 minutes

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:58:44 PM

Current account list:

[
  "aaron",
  "abit",
  "acp",
  "adamstgbit",
  "alice",
  "alice1",
  "almond",
  "amph",
  "amy",
  "ander",
  "andrew",
  "apple",
  "arthur",
  "balthazar",
  "barbara",
  "batel",
  "batel1",
  "batel2",
  "batel3",
  "ben",
  "billgates",
  "bitchipper",
  "bitcoin",
  "bitcoinkkk",
  "bitshares",
  "bnrtx",
  "bob",
  "bobby",
  "boltz",
  "brian",
  "bryan",
  "carl",
  "charles",
  "chartbuddy",
  "chris",
  "cisahasa",
  "cloop",
  "cloop1",
  "cloop2",
  "coins4lunch",
  "cypherdoc",
  "dan",
  "daniel",
  "dannac",
  "dantheman",
  "dantheman1",
  "dantheman2",
  "dark",
  "david",
  "dealthandtaxes",
  "devshuster",
  "dnotes",
  "doesntmatter",
  "donald",
  "donna",
  "dorthy",
  "drays",
  "drpd",
  "elizabeth",
  "eric",
  "ernest",
  "ethereum",
  "facebook",
  "faddy",
  "faddy1",
  "faddy2",
  "faddy3",
  "faddy4",
  "frank",
  "fuck",
  "gary",
  "griffith",
  "helen",
  "hello",
  "hilariousandco",
  "howard",
  "initminer",
  "initminer18882",
  "insurance",
  "james",
  "jandbzan",
  "jason",
  "jeff",
  "jeffrey",
  "jennifer",
  "jeremy",
  "john",
  "jose",
  "joseph",
  "kevin",
  "kointrend",
  "kprell40",
  "larry",
  "laura",
  "leigh2k14",
  "linda",
  "liondani",
  "localhost",
  "luis",
  "malekbaba",
  "mangox",
  "margaret",
  "maria",
  "mark",
  "messi",
  "miners",
  "mn12defgj1",
  "mottler",
  "mottler-1",
  "mottler-2",
  "mottler-3",
  "mottler-4",
  "mottler-5",
  "mottler-6",
  "mr11acdee",
  "mr11acdee1",
  "mr11acdee2",
  "mr11acdee3",
  "null",
  "nxt",
  "nxt1",
  "nxt2",
  "temp",
  "thisisnice",
  "thisisnice0",
  "thisisnice11",
  "thisisnice2"
]

I have verified that anyone with a 1 year old i7 CPU can start it up and start producing blocks in under an hour. 

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:04:49 PM

i think it is very easy to make a an explorer using node.js or php, anyone who is interested i can pay some BTC as bounty.

EDIT: also a webbased wallet like NXT is easy  Grin
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:21:51 PM

Dev, Do you own the Cryptonomex, Inc. ?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:31:20 PM

Dev, Do you own the Cryptonomex, Inc. ?

CNX is the company that produced Graphene & BitShares.  We used their code as the foundation for Steem.

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:39:47 PM

do you see my worker "420420420"?

add a letter to the start of the name.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:41:02 PM

how do we get total network hash rate & current diff ?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:03:36 PM

how do we get total network hash rate & current diff ?

Code:
./cli_wallet 
>>> info
{
  "id": "2.0.0",
  "head_block_number": 19654,
  "head_block_id": "00004cc66d03e9cf75fbdde0671dd529c7860dd5",
  "time": "2016-03-23T22:58:45",
  "current_witness": "brian",
  "total_pow": "18446744046983894345",
  "num_pow_witnesses": 84,
  "virtual_supply": "79857.000 STEEM",
  "current_supply": "79857.000 STEEM",
  "confidential_supply": "0.000 STEEM",
  "current_sbd_supply": "0.000 SBD",
  "confidential_sbd_supply": "0.000 SBD",
  "total_vesting_fund_steem": "242.000 STEEM",
  "total_vesting_shares": "242.000000 VESTS",
  "total_reward_fund_steem": "39308.000 STEEM",
  "total_reward_shares2": "0",
  "sbd_interest_rate": 1000,
  "average_block_size": 115,
  "maximum_block_size": 131072,
  "current_aslot": 27575,
  "recent_slots_filled": "340282366920938463463374607431768211455",
  "last_irreversible_block_num": 19633,
  "max_virtual_bandwidth": "1379246476653931178",
  "current_reserve_ratio": 983,
  "head_block_num": 19654,
  "head_block_age": "0 second old",
  "participation": "100.00000000000000000",
  "median_sbd_price": {
    "base": "0.000 STEEM",
    "quote": "0.000 STEEM"
  }
}

num_pow_witnesses => total in queue.
LZ = num_pow_witnesses/4 + 4
On average 1 POW is found every 63 seconds.

HR = (2^25)/63  or  532,610 HPS

A shortcut estimate is num_pow_witnesses.   

My math could be wrong, but it looks close.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:43:19 PM

Code:
transfer(string, string, steemit::chain::asset, string, bool)

can we use account names on from & to ? or only public-keys?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:52:57 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 12:17:14 AM by STEEMD

i've made my first tx :

Code:
{
  "ref_block_num": 20616,
  "ref_block_prefix": 1419248958,
  "expiration": "2016-03-23T23:48:27",
  "operations": [[
      "transfer",{
        "from": "****",
        "to": "*****",
        "amount": "1.5 1.5",
        "memo": "test"
      }
    ]
  ],
  "signatures": [
    "******640a437ff373e886115776f15ab707ceb4597f6ff772231225****..........."
  ]
}

but cant verify if received, the "to" account balance didn't change.

transfer FROM TO AMOUNT memo bool << what is bool ? i put 1 in there but not sure  Undecided

EDIT: i found out the bool = broadcast the tx true or false

but then it fails , im not sure what is the allowed amount and whats the format ? 1.5, 1.000 and 1 do not work .
STEEMD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:09:09 AM

reading the code, seems like we will have a decentralized exchange or something like that.
Code:
 /**
    * This operation creates a limit order and matches it against existing open orders.
    */
   struct limit_order_create_operation : public base_operation
   {
      string           owner;
      uint32_t         orderid = 0; /// an ID assigned by owner, must be unique
      asset            amount_to_sell;
      asset            min_to_receive;
      bool             fill_or_kill = false;
      time_point_sec   expiration = time_point_sec::maximum();

void  validate()const;
      void  get_required_active_authorities( flat_set<string>& a )const{ a.insert(owner); }

price           get_price()const { return amount_to_sell / min_to_receive; }

pair<asset_symbol_type,asset_symbol_type> get_market()const
      {
         return amount_to_sell.symbol < min_to_receive.symbol ?
                std::make_pair(amount_to_sell.symbol, min_to_receive.symbol) :
                std::make_pair(min_to_receive.symbol, amount_to_sell.symbol);
      }
   };
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:27:59 AM

i've made my first tx :

Code:
{
      "transfer",{
      }
    ]
  ],
  ]
}

transfer FROM TO AMOUNT memo bool << what is bool ? i put 1 in there but not sure  Undecided

but then it fails , im not sure what is the allowed amount and whats the format ? 1.5, 1.000 and 1 do not work .

transfer fromname toname "1.000 STEEM" "memo" true

It is important to have the full precision 1.000 and to use the quotes.

Are you fast enough?
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:36:21 AM

Anyone able to create some step by step instructions with which an uneducated plebeian such as myself may participate in mining some STEEM  Grin
STEEMD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:37:30 AM

i've made my first tx :

Code:
{
      "transfer",{
      }
    ]
  ],
  ]
}

transfer fromname toname "1.000 STEEM" "memo" true

It is important to have the full precision 1.000 and to use the quotes.

now it works  Grin im enjoying with steem

Thanks
myriadcoin

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:52:36 AM

This is a very interesting idea. I love the pool resistance, but it feel like 21 miners is too limited, at least in the beginning of the coin's life.... Would have been more interesting if this coin was multi-algo (simultaneous proofs of work). Then it would be pool resistant, and somewhat mining farm resistant. It would allow for more top miners as well. For instance:

sha256 (k)
scrypt (k)
groestl (k)
skein (k)
qubit (k)

Thoughts?

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:56:45 AM

Current account list:
Code:
[
  "aaron",
  "abit",
  "acp",
  "adamstgbit",
  "alice",
  "alice1",
  "almond",
  "amph",
  "amy",
  "ander",
  "andrew",
  "apple",
  "arthur",
  "balthazar",
  "barbara",
  "batel",
  "batel1",
  "batel2",
  "batel3",
  "ben",
  "billgates",
  "bitchipper",
  "bitcoin",
  "bitcoinkkk",
  "bitshares",
  "bnrtx",
  "bob",
  "bobby",
  "boltz",
  "brian",
  "bryan",
  "carl",
  "charles",
  "chartbuddy",
  "chris",
  "cisahasa",
  "cloop",
  "cloop1",
  "cloop2",
  "coins4lunch",
  "cypherdoc",
  "dan",
  "daniel",
  "dannac",
  "dantheman",
  "dantheman1",
  "dantheman2",
  "dark",
  "david",
  "dealthandtaxes",
  "devshuster",
  "dnotes",
  "doesntmatter",
  "donald",
  "donna",
  "dorthy",
  "drays",
  "drpd",
  "elizabeth",
  "eric",
  "ernest",
  "ethereum",
  "facebook",
  "faddy",
  "faddy1",
  "faddy2",
  "faddy3",
  "faddy4",
  "frank",
  "fuck",
  "gary",
  "griffith",
  "helen",
  "hello",
  "hilariousandco",
  "howard",
  "initminer",
  "initminer18882",
  "insurance",
  "james",
  "jandbzan",
  "jason",
  "jeff",
  "jeffrey",
  "jennifer",
  "jeremy",
  "john",
  "jose",
  "joseph",
  "kevin",
  "kointrend",
  "kprell40",
  "larry",
  "laura",
  "leigh2k14",
  "linda",
  "liondani",
  "localhost",
  "luis",
  "malekbaba",
  "mangox",
  "margaret",
  "maria",
  "mark",
  "messi",
  "miners",
  "mn12defgj1",
  "mottler",
  "mottler-1",
  "mottler-2",
  "mottler-3",
  "mottler-4",
  "mottler-5",
  "mottler-6",
  "mr11acdee",
  "mr11acdee1",
  "mr11acdee2",
  "mr11acdee3",
  "null",
  "nxt",
  "nxt1",
  "nxt2",
  "temp",
  "thisisnice",
  "thisisnice0",
  "thisisnice11",
  "thisisnice2"
]

I have verified that anyone with a 1 year old i7 CPU can start it up and start producing blocks in under an hour.  

That's weird. I see the name of my account in this list above (drays), but I am not mining this and never even tried  Huh

Just opened the thread and reading. Not even sure why someone would have used my nick? It is not a common word or common name at all. Also I see several nicks of other hero members of BCT, but none of them even posted in this thread, so I doubt they participate in any way.

Now - I would have considered mining this, if I were at my PC at the moment Smiley, but the fact is - I didn't mine it!
So how my nick appeared in the list?
Any explanation to this, Dev?

... this space is not for rent ...
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:11:57 AM

Current account list:
Code:
[
  "aaron",
  "abit",
  "acp",
  "adamstgbit",
  "alice",
  "alice1",
  "almond",
  "amph",
  "amy",
  "ander",
  "andrew",
  "apple",
  "arthur",
  "balthazar",
  "barbara",
  "batel",
  "batel1",
  "batel2",
  "batel3",
  "ben",
  "billgates",
  "bitchipper",
  "bitcoin",
  "bitcoinkkk",
  "bitshares",
  "bnrtx",
  "bob",
  "bobby",
  "boltz",
  "brian",
  "bryan",
  "carl",
  "charles",
  "chartbuddy",
  "chris",
  "cisahasa",
  "cloop",
  "cloop1",
  "cloop2",
  "coins4lunch",
  "cypherdoc",
  "dan",
  "daniel",
  "dannac",
  "dantheman",
  "dantheman1",
  "dantheman2",
  "dark",
  "david",
  "dealthandtaxes",
  "devshuster",
  "dnotes",
  "doesntmatter",
  "donald",
  "donna",
  "dorthy",
  "drays",
  "drpd",
  "elizabeth",
  "eric",
  "ernest",
  "ethereum",
  "facebook",
  "faddy",
  "faddy1",
  "faddy2",
  "faddy3",
  "faddy4",
  "frank",
  "fuck",
  "gary",
  "griffith",
  "helen",
  "hello",
  "hilariousandco",
  "howard",
  "initminer",
  "initminer18882",
  "insurance",
  "james",
  "jandbzan",
  "jason",
  "jeff",
  "jeffrey",
  "jennifer",
  "jeremy",
  "john",
  "jose",
  "joseph",
  "kevin",
  "kointrend",
  "kprell40",
  "larry",
  "laura",
  "leigh2k14",
  "linda",
  "liondani",
  "localhost",
  "luis",
  "malekbaba",
  "mangox",
  "margaret",
  "maria",
  "mark",
  "messi",
  "miners",
  "mn12defgj1",
  "mottler",
  "mottler-1",
  "mottler-2",
  "mottler-3",
  "mottler-4",
  "mottler-5",
  "mottler-6",
  "mr11acdee",
  "mr11acdee1",
  "mr11acdee2",
  "mr11acdee3",
  "null",
  "nxt",
  "nxt1",
  "nxt2",
  "temp",
  "thisisnice",
  "thisisnice0",
  "thisisnice11",
  "thisisnice2"
]

That's weird. I see the name of my account in this list above (drays), but I am not mining this and never even tried  Huh

Just opened the thread and reading. Not even sure why someone would have used my nick? It is not a common word or common name at all. Also I see several nicks of other hero members of BCT, but none of them even posted in this thread, so I doubt they participate in any way.

Now - I would have considered mining this, if I were at my PC at the moment Smiley, but the fact is - I didn't mine it!

Welcome drays, if you would like to have that account I will gladly transfer it to you.   I reserved many accounts from bitcoin talk to keep them available for you. 

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:18:36 AM

Smiley If you study the code you will discover that this chain has 6 different kinds of proof of work, most of them much more useful than spinning a CPU.

Are you fast enough?
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:22:30 AM

Thread is all dev talking to himself from different accounts and erasing anyone thats not hims posts  Grin

funny shit
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:28:43 AM

Thread is all dev talking to himself from different accounts and erasing anyone thats not hims posts  Grin

funny shit

If only it were true. The real irony is that despite looking like a sock puppet it isn't me Sad 

Are you fast enough?
myriadcoin

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:29:00 AM

Smiley If you study the code you will discover that this chain has 6 different kinds of proof of work, most of them much more useful than spinning a CPU.

I don't see it? Seems like one kind of proof of work... I think you misunderstand what 'multi-algo' is. I suggest you check the Myriad website for more info at myriadcoin.org.

Your Proof of Work could be likened to 6 'rounds of hashing', similar to X11, but as you say, the rounds are more 'useful'.

Multi-algo is a different beast entirely. You have 5 actual different proof of works. Each has its own independent difficulty and finds a share of the blocks (share determined by individual target blocktimes for each PoW).

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:36:45 AM

I don't see it? Seems like one kind of proof of work... I think you misunderstand what 'multi-algo' is. I suggest you check the Myriad website for more info at myriadcoin.org.

Your Proof of Work could be likened to 6 'rounds of hashing', similar to X11, but as you say, the rounds are more 'useful'.

Multi-algo is a different beast entirely. You have 5 actual different proof of works. Each has its own independent difficulty and finds a share of the blocks (share determined by individual target blocktimes for each PoW).

I am familiar with multi-algorithm POW.  The POW in this is accessible to far more people than anything before it.

Are you fast enough?
myriadcoin

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:40:33 AM

I am familiar with multi-algorithm POW.  The POW in this is accessible to far more people than anything before it.

I don't understand how. I'm not saying STEEM PoW is without merit— but if you're limiting blocks to the top 21 miners, how is it 'accessible to far more people than anything before'?

Bank_sy

Activity: 450

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:48:18 AM

NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE this is not true and should be removed  Angry launch of this coin was setup to let dev instamine and get big premine...
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:49:10 AM

Current account list:
Code:
[
  "aaron",
  "abit",
  "acp",
  "adamstgbit",
  "alice",
  "alice1",
  "almond",
  "amph",
  "amy",
  "ander",
  "andrew",
  "apple",
  "arthur",
  "balthazar",
  "barbara",
  "batel",
  "batel1",
  "batel2",
  "batel3",
  "ben",
  "billgates",
  "bitchipper",
  "bitcoin",
  "bitcoinkkk",
  "bitshares",
  "bnrtx",
  "bob",
  "bobby",
  "boltz",
  "brian",
  "bryan",
  "carl",
  "charles",
  "chartbuddy",
  "chris",
  "cisahasa",
  "cloop",
  "cloop1",
  "cloop2",
  "coins4lunch",
  "cypherdoc",
  "dan",
  "daniel",
  "dannac",
  "dantheman",
  "dantheman1",
  "dantheman2",
  "dark",
  "david",
  "dealthandtaxes",
  "devshuster",
  "dnotes",
  "doesntmatter",
  "donald",
  "donna",
  "dorthy",
  "drays",
  "drpd",
  "elizabeth",
  "eric",
  "ernest",
  "ethereum",
  "facebook",
  "faddy",
  "faddy1",
  "faddy2",
  "faddy3",
  "faddy4",
  "frank",
  "fuck",
  "gary",
  "griffith",
  "helen",
  "hello",
  "hilariousandco",
  "howard",
  "initminer",
  "initminer18882",
  "insurance",
  "james",
  "jandbzan",
  "jason",
  "jeff",
  "jeffrey",
  "jennifer",
  "jeremy",
  "john",
  "jose",
  "joseph",
  "kevin",
  "kointrend",
  "kprell40",
  "larry",
  "laura",
  "leigh2k14",
  "linda",
  "liondani",
  "localhost",
  "luis",
  "malekbaba",
  "mangox",
  "margaret",
  "maria",
  "mark",
  "messi",
  "miners",
  "mn12defgj1",
  "mottler",
  "mottler-1",
  "mottler-2",
  "mottler-3",
  "mottler-4",
  "mottler-5",
  "mottler-6",
  "mr11acdee",
  "mr11acdee1",
  "mr11acdee2",
  "mr11acdee3",
  "null",
  "nxt",
  "nxt1",
  "nxt2",
  "temp",
  "thisisnice",
  "thisisnice0",
  "thisisnice11",
  "thisisnice2"
]

Welcome drays, if you would like to have that account I will gladly transfer it to you.   I reserved many accounts from bitcoin talk to keep them available for you.  

OK then, got it. Interesting idea to bring in new people though Smiley
It looks like there are a lot of interesting and nonstandard ideas here, but I have to postpone the investigation for now.. The time is really inconvenient for mining or investigating the code, as its time to sleep here... Smiley

Wish a good luck to you. Its not often I tell it here on forum, but I'm a somewhat intrigued by all this nonstandard approaches. Its always nice to see someone trying to bring in some fresh air, and to experiment a bit.

... this space is not for rent ...
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:36:34 AM

NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE this is not true and should be removed  Angry launch of this coin was setup to let dev instamine and get big premine...

This is true. The coin is so impossible to mine that you can't say it wasn't a premine/instamine.

Dev: what do you plan on doing with the premine?

You need to start by saying what safeguards you will make against dumping it.

And don't delete this post. I'm not criticizing what you did. I want to know your plans.
LingPingChen

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:08:57 AM

when is block to halving? 4 year like bitcoin?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:58:34 AM

WTS 1,000 STEEM  Cheesy

PM
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:41:51 PM

Reward is constant until it inflation reaches about 113% per year, then it remains at that level.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:46:16 PM

Reward is constant until it inflation reaches about 113% per year, then it remains at that level.

hey dev, please check pm.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:55:45 PM

This is true. The coin is so impossible to mine that you can't say it wasn't a premine/instamine.

And don't delete this post. I'm not criticizing what you did. I want to know your plans.

1. the coin is not impossible to mine, I have a standard desktop PC running the open source code and producing several POW per hour
2. you may have noticed VESTS (vesting STEEM), the Steem network is set up to ensure that 90% of all all Steem is locked for an average of 1 year continuously.
3. after the initial bootstrap phase, all mining rewards automatically get converted to vesting Steem (see code for details)
4. someone asked about the supply 143994.000 STEEM    vs block number 35706 showing an average STEEM per block of 4.00
    - 50% of that supply is actually locked up by the network to be distributed on July 4th, 2016 based upon another kind of proof of work (already coded, no hard forks).
    - that leaves 2 STEEM per block, 1 to the producer for producing the block, and 21 to the producer for including someone else POW.

{
  "head_block_number": 35706,
  "head_block_id": "00008b7a0d1a0c61f9d8b13e1fe484a9b7efa12a",
  "time": "2016-03-24T12:43:33",
  "current_witness": "alice",
  "total_pow": "18446744048010777929",
  "num_pow_witnesses": 80,
  "virtual_supply": "143994.000 STEEM",
  "current_supply": "143994.000 STEEM",
  "total_vesting_fund_steem": "270.000 STEEM",
  "total_vesting_shares": "270.000000 VESTS",
  "total_reward_fund_steem": "71412.000 STEEM",
  "current_aslot": 44071,
  "last_irreversible_block_num": 35685,
  "max_virtual_bandwidth": "4151066908544379562",
  "current_reserve_ratio": 1786,
  "head_block_num": 35706,
  "head_block_age": "2 seconds old",
  }
}

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:15:09 PM

1. the coin is not impossible to mine, I have a standard desktop PC running the open source code and producing several POW per hour
2. you may have noticed VESTS (vesting STEEM), the Steem network is set up to ensure that 90% of all all Steem is locked for an average of 1 year continuously.
3. after the initial bootstrap phase, all mining rewards automatically get converted to vesting Steem (see code for details)
4. someone asked about the supply 143994.000 STEEM    vs block number 35706 showing an average STEEM per block of 4.00
    - 50% of that supply is actually locked up by the network to be distributed on July 4th, 2016 based upon another kind of proof of work (already coded, no hard forks).
    - that leaves 2 STEEM per block, 1 to the producer for producing the block, and 21 to the producer for including someone else POW.

{
  "head_block_number": 35706,
  "head_block_id": "00008b7a0d1a0c61f9d8b13e1fe484a9b7efa12a",
  "time": "2016-03-24T12:43:33",
  "current_witness": "alice",
  "total_pow": "18446744048010777929",
  "num_pow_witnesses": 80,
  "virtual_supply": "143994.000 STEEM",
  "current_supply": "143994.000 STEEM",
  "total_vesting_fund_steem": "270.000 STEEM",
  "total_vesting_shares": "270.000000 VESTS",
  "total_reward_fund_steem": "71412.000 STEEM",
  "current_aslot": 44071,
  "last_irreversible_block_num": 35685,
  "max_virtual_bandwidth": "4151066908544379562",
  "current_reserve_ratio": 1786,
  "head_block_num": 35706,
  "head_block_age": "2 seconds old",
  }
}

Thanks for info, can you explain this line more :

where did the other 21 STEEM comes from if the block reward is 2 STEEM ?

i never got a block with 21 STEEM rewards, im always getting 1 STEEM and only 1 VESTS once time for each miner.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:19:36 PM

POW is only found on average once every 21 blocks.  So it results in an average of 1 per block, but there is some randomness and luck to it.

Are you fast enough?
nagatraju

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:06:33 PM

Is there any Windows Wallet, GUI and Miner please? OP/Dev need to include more information about this.
STEEMD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:15:31 PM

@dev, how to access http API ? im trying that but not succeeded, also i saw a GUI API what is that ?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:39:45 PM

I have good news and bad news...

bad news: we have identified an integer overflow bug in the POW scheduling that only shows up when difficulty got high (thus didn't show up on our tests).
good news: we have decided to relaunch the chain with the fix and in a way that will hopefully make more people happy

On the relaunch we will do the following:

1. Start a new Thread
2. Give 30 minutes notice ahead of the start of mining
3. Not squat on any names

If there are any other requests for the relaunch we will consider them now.  

Like we said from the beginning this is experimental / unproven consensus and beta software.  

Are you fast enough?
Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:41:46 PM

bad news: we have identified an integer overflow bug in the POW scheduling that only shows up when difficulty got high (thus didn't show up on our tests).
good news: we have decided to relaunch the chain with the fix and in a way that will hopefully make more people happy

1. Start a new Thread

Like we said from the beginning this is experimental / unproven consensus and beta software.  

How about a compiled wallet or instructions how to build the fuck thing
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:42:14 PM

1. Start a new Thread

How about windows binaries so the rest of us can mine?
OrsonJ

Activity: 597

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 02:59:56 PM

1. Start a new Thread

A simple and clear mining guide please.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:07:15 PM

1. Start a new Thread

My first suggestion is not to relaunch. This coin has been bullshit and you are just making it worse. It seems like you want to relaunch because others have been finding blocks besides you.

Hard fork it like an adult. Relaunches will make you lose any support you are gaining.

1. If it's unproven, don't rent $200/day of hashes because you are not only wasting your money but others as well
2. 100%+ interest for a pow coin is not sustainable, there is a reason bitcoin halves every 4 years
3. 30 minutes is not enough time because people will be sleeping
4. make the announcement in this thread so you don't fuck over people who have been following early
5. basically don't do a lot of things to fuck over people on purpose

Yeah it's your coin, but your approach has been juvenile. You think this relaunch is responsible, but in fact it's just a symptom of how you operate.

If you want others to help, quit fucking with us and be grown-up about it. Don't piss off the people you want to help you.
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:12:49 PM

1. Start a new Thread

My first suggestion is not to relaunch. This coin has been bullshit and you are just making it worse. It seems like you want to relaunch because others have been finding blocks besides you.

1. If it's unproven, don't rent $200/day of hashes because you are not only wasting your money but others as well
2. 100%+ interest for a pow coin is not sustainable, there is a reason bitcoin halves every 4 years
3. 30 minutes is not enough time because people will be sleeping
4. make the announcement in this thread so you don't fuck over people who have been following early
5. basically don't do a lot of things to fuck over people on purpose

Yeah it's your coin, but your approach has been juvenile. You think this relaunch is responsible, but in fact it's just a symptom of how you operate.

If you want others to help, quit fucking with us and be grown-up about it. Don't piss off the people you want to help you.

With respect to wasting money, we lose more in dev time than any hash power.
You are entitled to your opinions on inflation
Consider this the notice, we will relaunch today. 
We will make the announcement in this thread
Not doing anything to hurt anyone on purpose.

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:19:34 PM

Not doing anything to hurt anyone on purpose.

Then you are just careless.

You need more than 30 minutes of lead time.
Eclipse Crypto

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:24:56 PM

You already overflowed one integer with this coin. What's going to happen to an int64_t after 12 years of doubling?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:34:39 PM

You already overflowed one integer with this coin. What's going to happen to an int64_t after 12 years of doubling?

Reverse split, we have many years before that becomes an issue.

Are you fast enough?
STEEMD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:37:01 PM

im in for the relaunch  Grin
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:55:24 PM

Relaunch in 1 hour.
Ports will change
New thread will be created in 30 min.

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:41:07 PM

New Thread for Relaunch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.new#new

Are you fast enough?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: