Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when I was scammed  (Read 1124 times)
janpowal305 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:46:28 PM

What to do when I was scammed by somebody from this forum?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 04:51:26 PM

Open a scam accusation thread on the scam accusations board here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0. Make sure that your scam accusation follows the scam report format: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0. If your accusation is determined by other members to be true, then the scammer will be given negative trust.

janpowal305 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:08:46 PM

Ok, thanks for a quick answer. I will gather whole materials of this both situations and do it like you said. It's sad thing that everyone is trying to scam you on every corner...
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:01:48 PM

Ok, thanks for a quick answer. I will gather whole materials of this both situations and do it like you said. It's sad thing that everyone is trying to scam you on every corner...

Its the internet.

Hopefully you can burn the scammer. Don't expect to get BTC back, however. There's people basically turning scamming people here as a full time job. =/

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:08:37 PM

Sorry for you lost, dealing here in forum has been a must to deal through escrow, there are many scammers especially with newbiew ranks which require the payment first. Open a scam accusation.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:37:27 PM

Usually the scammers use throw away accounts or newbie account to scam and negative trust or even ban is not going to make any difference.But this should'nt prevent victims to bring their name to community knowledge.Anyway post a thread in scam accusation section as suggested here and be careful next time

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:07:23 AM

Usually the scammers use throw away accounts or newbie account to scam and negative trust or even ban is not going to make any difference.But this should'nt prevent victims to bring their name to community knowledge.Anyway post a thread in scam accusation section as suggested here and be careful next time

- I doubt if it would be a newbie account. People have an aversion to dealing with newbies without using escrow, or the newbie going first.
- Even if a scammer uses a throw away account, it is possible that there might be some slip up which may result in an alt being discovered. So better to open a scam accusation and document it.
TriggerX

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:58:31 AM

Do everything as mentioned above, open a scam accusation against them. (If they are just a newbie account, it's probably only for a one time use so it wouldn't be as much effect.)

Not sure if anybody mentioned this before but a big thing you should do is figure out why you got scammed and to avoid it happening again. Take this as a lesson and to be very cautious next time.

Hi!
doflamingo

Activity: 254
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:59:20 AM

Why scammers were not banned instead of gave them negative trust ? .With negative trust but high rank,they can still scam other members.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 10:10:40 AM

Why scammers were not banned instead of gave them negative trust ? .With negative trust but high rank,they can still scam other members.
Read the forum rules. Scams are not moderated to prevent moderator abuse.

19. Possible (or real) scams and Trust ratings are not moderated (to prevent moderation abuse).

Quote from: Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Q: Why haven't you banned <insert scammer username here> who is an obvious scammer?
A: Possible (or real, not for me to decide) scams are not moderated to prevent moderator abuse. If we start picking out which ones we call "scammers" and ban, we would make a lot of decisions based on biased opinions.

Life sucks.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:32:16 PM

High rank doesn't mean shit. If someone can scam based entirely on their rank and even despite a red trust - there is something seriously wrong with the "victim" of such scam. Besides anyone can create a new account or buy one so it's a moot point anyway.

tl;dr: this ain't no nanny state, for better or worse.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:46:46 PM

That's what happened to me too when I joined the forums... I opened the "Scam Accusation" thread and sent him a few abuses through PM. Then just forgot about him.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:04:58 PM

So long as users member on DT gave negative trust to those scammers, they may never get to scam someone else unless they create another account which is likely they'd going to do.
And that is why some determined scammers buy high rank accounts with positive trusts just to scam again.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 06:10:17 PM

So long as users member on DT gave negative trust to those scammers, they may never get to scam someone else unless they create another account which is likely they'd going to do.
And that is why some determined scammers buy high rank accounts with positive trusts just to scam again.

Do not imagine that I will change account because I have red trust points...

you see an example more:
"respectable members" here give red trust points to honest members...
How can then people do the difference between honest people red trusted and scammers green trusted?
Too funny here...

krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 06:44:31 PM

you see an example more:
How can then people do the difference between honest people red trusted and scammers green trusted?
Too funny here...
"Respectable members" gave you a negative feedback is because they strongly believe that you are/is a scammer.
IMO, you do not change account because you are currently or already multi-accounting with an alt account somewhere in this forum. No offense. Roll Eyes

Life sucks.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 07:11:58 PM

you see an example more:
Too funny here...
"Respectable members" gave you a negative feedback is because they strongly believe that you are/is a scammer.
IMO, you do not change account because you are currently or already multi-accounting with an alt account somewhere in this forum. No offense. Roll Eyes

why should I have other accounts?this forum is not a faucet...(lol)

i agree...you can do nothing against strongly believing...

doflamingo

Activity: 254
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 03:39:01 AM

But for real newbies,they don't know what negative trust is and they see high rank,they trust them,for example : me of first days joined here.Just my opinion.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 03:55:38 AM

But for real newbies,they don't know what negative trust is and they see high rank,they trust them,for example : me of first days joined here.Just my opinion.

Which part of "Warning: Trade with extreme caution!" in red is making you trust them? If you're a real newbie how could you possibly ignore that and how could you possibly come to a conclusion that e.g. "Hero member" means trustworthy? Sure the forum has issues but banning scammers wouldn't change anything if users don't pay attention.
Dank14

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:45:34 AM

You could report the scammer to the moderator. Such people should have their accounts banned for good.
brituspol

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

From nothing to nothing

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:48:06 AM

You could report the scammer to the moderator. Such people should have their accounts banned for good.
People don't get their accounts banned because of a user's negligence here. You're only banned for spamming or messing with other's account, stuff like that

Its not the forum the OP should be asking help from, its the community. Make a scam accusation making it highly unlikely for the scammer to strike again
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: