Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AVALON] - I got my ASIC Thread (Batch #1)  (Read 43581 times)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:57:06 AM

At 35 Out temp will be about 65-70 or something which will shorten PSU live.

this is true.  I believe its wise to power them with the best quality PSU we can find.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:48:36 AM

At 35 Out temp will be about 65-70 or something which will shorten PSU live.

this is true.  I believe its wise to power them with the best quality PSU we can find.

Or to move psu outside Smiley

Ugly but i will see if the psu cable length will allow it. And to mount some aluminum on the big hole left when psu is not there so that we can keep the air pressure in the box

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:55:31 AM

Got mine early in the morning.

#5x4 (USA)

FINALLY good for you dude!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mmorin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 02:53:43 PM

After a few calls to DHL i managed to get hold of my tracking number.

The packade has been pciked up in Hong Kong , planned for delivery Friday if all goes well with customs.

My order number is 2xx417.

Yes!!!!!

I finally managed to get my device from DHL after ALOT of phonecalls.

It's up and running.

Ordernumber 2xxxx417.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:15:41 PM

I'm thinking to move everything outside of the box, just like an open GPU mining rig, and use an external blow fan to effectively cool all those huge heat sinks when summer arrived

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:19:44 PM

I'm thinking to move everything outside of the box, just like an open GPU mining rig, and use an external blow fan to effectively cool all those huge heat sinks when summer arrived
Do not do that.You need a air pressure + flow inside the box in order to cool down the ASICS

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
botlove

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:28:24 PM

I have a controlled environment with free power and a dedicated portable cooler, in addition to the building cooling... with high speed redundant internet, in Washington DC, with a brand new platinum 1200 watt PSU.  I'm not interested in making huge profits, but I am interested in setting an example for a long term deployment.  =)  Hopefully the price won't be so high on batch 3 that I'm excluded from the good ole boys club.  =)  I hope there is a way that I could give at least one of these things a good home.  =)   I am a hardware guy, helped build out one of the original data centers here on the east coast.  worked in a few others for a short time.  Sat next to a massive PDU and chiller in a secure basement facility near the NRO for a few years... damn , please don't let me see any pictures like that again... it just hurts me inside a little bit...
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:07:29 PM

Do not do that.You need a air pressure + flow inside the box in order to cool down the ASICS

The case need air pressure because the PSU currently do not get enough airflow, that's also the reason they don't recommend you to install a exhaust fan since it further decreases air pressure for the PSU, but if PSU can get cold air when it is seperated from other components, it will be much more healthy

For the cooling of ASICs, I think a 200mm turbo blow fan will provide much more airflow then those 120MM fans

Anyone know how to fix the avalon fan speed at a constant rate? I think current variable fan speed control sometimes cause cgminer to restart

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:09:13 PM

I have to agree.

The whole thing seems to be very well designed. The positive air pressure does its job even without running at full tilt.

I don't think Mods are really necessary. What might be interesting is someone making a third party water or liquid cooling system. Though honestly, without being able to take it past 300mhz....I don't really see the point.

At 300mhz mines fluctuates between 29C and 34C and the fans rarely ever speed up. The hashing rate changes wildly between 80GH/s and 66GH/s. Perhaps it is doing some kind of internal rate adjustment?

I also agree with Ngzhang and Bitsyncom about raising the price. These devices if used properly can make back it's cost in less than 2 days at current BTC prices.

If you do Solo mining...perhaps even shorter than that as Jeff Garzik seems to be a pretty lucky guy at that.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 09:58:27 PM

I have to agree.

The whole thing seems to be very well designed. The positive air pressure does its job even without running at full tilt.

I don't think Mods are really necessary. What might be interesting is someone making a third party water or liquid cooling system. Though honestly, without being able to take it past 300mhz....I don't really see the point.

At 300mhz mines fluctuates between 29C and 34C and the fans rarely ever speed up. The hashing rate changes wildly between 80GH/s and 66GH/s. Perhaps it is doing some kind of internal rate adjustment?

I also agree with Ngzhang and Bitsyncom about raising the price. These devices if used properly can make back it's cost in less than 2 days at current BTC prices.

If you do Solo mining...perhaps even shorter than that as Jeff Garzik seems to be a pretty lucky guy at that.

You know what's not well designed..the mechanism for holding the top case cover on.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:01:23 PM

Cheesy

No Kidding! It was a nightmare to put it on.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:15:08 PM

Confirming 4 units here in Romania. I finally came in their possession today. All four of them are hashing away and work fine so far.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 02:57:04 AM

Cheesy

I would be shocked if you managed to put it back on without dropping those support screws/washers many many times.

aleksei

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:37:45 AM

Cheesy

I would be shocked if you managed to put it back on without dropping those support screws/washers many many times.

Just. Use. Pincers.
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:45:57 AM

Anyone is thinking about getting A/C like this for the summer?
http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=4462  and just point the hose towards avalons?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:47:58 AM

Cheesy

That statement alone proves you've actually done it before.

God that was a frustrating experience. I wonder why they made it that way.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:17:29 AM

I think it was because of the stacking system they designed, which I think is quite ingenious for cooling purposes. I realized early on I needed some pincers, unfortunately I didn't have any at the time, so it made for a pretty frustrating experience for mee too Tongue

Anyway, Darklore, add another 2 units for Romania (for a total of 6) - Thorvald mentioned he got 2 units too earlier this week.
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378

nec sine labore

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 01:45:25 PM

I think it was because of the stacking system they designed, which I think is quite ingenious for cooling purposes. I realized early on I needed some pincers, unfortunately I didn't have any at the time, so it made for a pretty frustrating experience for mee too Tongue

Anyway, Darklore, add another 2 units for Romania (for a total of 6) - Thorvald mentioned he got 2 units too earlier this week.

Holy shit,

I was order 20000038x of first batch, they don't know where it is nor they have the tracking number. I've opened a support ticket which got an answer immediatly, but no tracking so far after nearly two days. 

DHL does not search for it without a number, so my trust in them and my gamble in having batch one units is getting spoiled by the hour, and difficulty keeps growing...

:/

spiccioli
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:10:36 PM

I'm 2000300 still no units here either. DHL doesn't see them, and my awesome mail guy can search EMS and they have nothing either.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 04:52:25 PM

Cheesy

Just. Use. Pincers.

I thought of that but unfortunately I have no pincers on hand. I managed to get two in at each corner so it's stable. I guess if I want to be screwing around with the insides more often I will have to get pincers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: