Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:46:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: /btc is full of Hypocrites and Shills (Bitcoin Classic)  (Read 3236 times)
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 01:26:30 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 01:47:14 PM by bitkilo

So I'm glad r/btc exists.
This must be a joke gone bad.

Nope, I like reading that sub, it's chock full of interesting stuff that you just can't find anywhere else. It's an sad commentary about how other bitcoin spaces no longer chat freely about everything going on in the bitcoin space.
Your welcome to post and talk about anything at forum.bitcoin.com without it being censored or removed.
I know bitcoin.com is openly for Classic but you can say what you want about classic and as long as its on topic and not useless spam then it will remain.
Member base is still very small but will grow.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/

RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:37:14 PM

censoring is to delete posts/comments and ban/suspend people just because the opinion is different to what the forum staff  have when talking about something ontopic

so i agree this forum tries its best to not censor people, and does try to stick to only moderating... i do find it funny that the moderators working for this forum cant accept any opinion that differs from the blockstream rhetoric.

I have also experienced moderation, one of my altcoin threads got deleted, but it was probably because i posted it in the wrong section.

Other than that i rarely got my posts deleted, because i sometimes post 1 liner posts and moderators usually delete those.

So if you start posting:

Code:
Classic is Good and Useful.

Then obviously that will be deleted because it's a 1 liner short post, that would get deleted anyway.

So that is what you call censorship? Removal of low quality posts?

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:40:45 PM

Yeah it's getting out of hand. All /btc/ is is just a FUD hate central about Core and Blockstream, they spread half truths so casuals think Bitcoin Classic is the second coming of Jesus Christ that will save Bitcoin from problems that don't really exist.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:58:27 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 02:14:44 PM by franky1

seeing as you are a blockstream/altcoin fanboy. you would not get deleted. they love you.

its like trying to explain to a white person about what black racism feels like. you may have seen it, or had it brush past you lightly. but you think it overall doesnt exist because you havnt seen the worse of it yourself

the even funnier part is that im not even a classic fanboy. just someone that hates corporate control and also i love to speak frankly about the pro's and cons. without trying to wash over the negatives just to spin the positives.

blockstream are just as guilty as classic in every way. corporate control. shilling sybil attacks, etc etc.

all i simply want is a 2mb+segwit with possibility of more in the future without it just being to cover blockstreams attempts to add more data to transactions for their features(eg 250 extra bytes for confidential payment codes(CPC)). also without having to wait 2 years just for some corporate overlord to decide when he wants expansion. and only allowing it not to give more true capacity. but just to offset capacity to hide the ratio of tx:mb

EG
1mb maxblocksize+segwit+CPC = 2.85mb for 3800 transactions
2mb maxblocksize (normal tx) = 2mb for 4000 transactions.

which shows blockstreams roadmap is the doomsday for all the bloat debates.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:04:18 PM

Yeah it's getting out of hand. All /btc/ is is just a FUD hate central about Core and Blockstream, they spread half truths so casuals think Bitcoin Classic is the second coming of Jesus Christ that will save Bitcoin from problems that don't really exist.

This place tho. The bastion of Truth, Reason & Impartiality Roll Eyes
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:43:21 PM

Nope, I like reading that sub, it's chock full of interesting stuff that you just can't find anywhere else.
Well, you're being fed a lot of bad information if you're reading everything.

It's an sad commentary about how other bitcoin spaces no longer chat freely about everything going on in the bitcoin space.
This is not the case.

Your welcome to post and talk about anything at forum.bitcoin.com without it being censored or removed.
Nonsense. That forum is not any better; you're allowed to talk about whatever you want here as long as you don't break rules.

It is still much better than the alternatives.

They think that if their post gets removed that they're being censored. This is obviously a ridiculous view.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:47:13 PM

Nope, I like reading that sub, it's chock full of interesting stuff that you just can't find anywhere else.
Well, you're being fed a lot of bad information if you're reading everything.

Ah, but who is the judge of what is good info or bad info? The best way is for all info to be available and the reader to judge for themselves.

I particularly like the translations of what is going on in the Chinese bitcoin space/Chinese bitcoin forums. I've not seen those anywhere else, and that sub is valuable just for that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
bargainbin

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:02:55 PM

It is still much better than the alternatives.

Possibly. Certainly has a bigger userbase (because first on the scene/paying people to post with multiple accounts via sig ads).
But other forums are narrowing the spread. Thanks, in part, to draconian bullshit like "If 90% of /r/Bitcoin users find these policies to be intolerable, then I want these 90% of /r/Bitcoin users to leave," & super-pro moderation.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 03:16:50 PM

Ah, but who is the judge of what is good info or bad info? The best way is for all info to be available and the reader to judge for themselves.
People who actually know the truth? The average reader won't read everything, they usually read one source and take that as the truth. If you take a look now /r/bitcoin seems to have improved and is now back to discussing relatively positive news.

I particularly like the translations of what is going on in the Chinese bitcoin space/Chinese bitcoin forums. I've not seen those anywhere else, and that sub is valuable just for that.
If you're particularly interested in those, then yes. Otherwise the answer is no.

Possibly. Certainly has a bigger userbase (because first on the scene/paying people to post with multiple accounts via sig ads).
I was talking about this forum, not the reddit page but okay.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 03:20:06 PM

Nonsense. That forum is not any better; you're allowed to talk about whatever you want here as long as you don't break rules.
I never said the forum was better and I never said your not allowed to post what you want here.
I was actually talking about reddit as the topic is about, i seem to read here about a lot of unhappy reddit users getting their post deleted.

I have never had a single post deleted or censored here in anyway by the mods.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 03:22:27 PM

I never said the forum was better and I never said your not allowed to post what you want here.
I was actually talking about reddit as the topic is about, i seem to read here about a lot of unhappy reddit users getting their post deleted.
Great. I just assumed that this is the case as it tends to be more frequently than it should. A lot of people are indeed unhappy about reddit. Try posting something pro Bitcoin Core on /r/btc and you are going to end up either censored or down-voted heavily.

I have never had a single post deleted or censored here in anyway by the mods.
As long as you know the difference between moderation and censorship all will be fine.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:24:08 PM

People who actually know the truth? The average reader won't read everything, they usually read one source and take that as the truth. If you take a look now /r/bitcoin seems to have improved and is now back to discussing relatively positive news.

so in that case dont let Lauda be the judge. either of what people should say or what sites they should be visiting. especially when he lacks the basic knowledge that bitcoin core does not write bitcoin using java

anyone should and could go where ever they like, and not be spoonfed by those with an agenda, especially if its proven they dont know everything themselves.

i think Lauda needs to go spend more time in the croatian thread and try not boosting his ego like his friends are doing

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bargainbin

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:29:38 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 04:03:44 PM by bargainbin

I was talking about this forum, not the reddit page but okay.

That's what I'm talking about too, see your sig (which, presumably, pays, idk). Is /r/bitcoin also paying people to post?

So yeah, this forum has more posts, but ~95% of the content is:
1. Insipid pay2post bullshit, most of it in embarrassingly broken/misspelled/mispunctuated English. I'm not a native speaker myself, but content like that shoo' makes bitcoin enthusiasts look like illiterate morons.
2. Red vs. Blue bullshit: You suck/are a shill because you don't like what I like.

The rest is comic relief, scam accusations, scam attempts, sig campaign promotions & gambling.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:10:35 PM

Realbitcoin,

Sorry your precious little feelings got hurt.  Roll Eyes

/btc is the one of the only places where uncensored discussion is now taking place.

The fact that you simply cannot comprehend what is going on, does not make everyone on there shills. LOL - but it does make you a complete fool.

There is an obvious schism in the community thanks to blockstream. And it's kinda funny, cuz all they have to do to earn back everyone's trust would be to increase the blocksize to 2mb - something we all know is needed.

I guess the community will continue to be divided. It's really unfortunate, because it was just so unnecessary. Letting a VC funded corporation take over Bitcoin development was not a good idea. We need competing implementations and multiple dev teams for the health of the protocol. The ongoing censorship on r/bitcoin and this forum is not in anyone's best interests, so it is only natural that truthseekers would seek viable alternatives. The more you try to keep control, the more you just shoot yourself in the foot.

That is a lesson which will have to be hard learned by theymos, blockstream & co.
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:27:30 PM

I think it's the same kind of shills the rich boys hire to shill for sanders from their mom's funds.

yes, whe know abbout it

no, we don't give a fuck

call me when bitcoin is actually attacked. oh wait the laws aren't in place

see you in two years guise
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:02:03 PM

seeing as you are a blockstream/altcoin fanboy. you would not get deleted. they love you.

I`m a person that has devoted the past 3 years of his life to bitcoin because i see great future for it.

Yet some people here call me a shill or a troll ,when i have put a lot of effort into bitcoin, so I think I have right to my opinion after all this efforts.

And because i put 3 years of effort into this, i would not like bitcoin being broken because wreckless code gets put into it (classic), that is not scaleable in the longterm, and will make sure that bitcoin wont have a future.

I already have a thread about classic scaleability, and i tell you it's not scaleable, and will get centralized in an instant.

So if you are really pro decentralization, then you`d support core.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:06:09 PM

r/bitcoin is a pathetic shithole.

r/btc? Hmm I'd probably at least triple the patheticness and fountains of freshly whipped faecal matter until it's lapping around our ankles.

About the only place one can find reasonable conversation is r/bitcoinmarkets and that's only on occasion when they can be bothered.
Pkzone

Activity: 154

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 09:57:07 AM

/btc subreddit is full of hypocrites or shills or just plain insane people. First they say that the forum is heavily censored, which is not. It's only moderated in a way to not let shills manipulate the public opinion, which they obviously do
i do find it funny that the moderators working for this forum cant accept any opinion that differs from the blockstream rhetoric.
Well, has any moderator commented on this here thinking not personally?
All views here are personal (AFAIU) opinions of the members, none is censoring them....

many non blockstreamers have had temporal bans for a couple days, had posts deleted, where the content of such posts were not related to illegal activity.

For example?
CAN'T THEY JUST OPPOSE THE BAN?
*calmns down*

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:11:15 PM

I would take whatever information I am reading on Reddit with a big grain of salt if it's from some random user. Yes I do agree there is a lot of interesting and sensational news but a lot of users like to write things out of thin air. I am not saying that everyone is a shill and a liar but be wary of false information spreading around and just don't perceive everything as the sole truth.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:30:30 PM

r/btc is bad bad bad. I thought the joint was gonna be a refreshing alternative but it's maybe the worst of the bunch.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: