Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:41:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying litecoins! I will buy lite coins with paypal.  (Read 2197 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:15:58 AM

I will buy lite coins with paypal. Just want to see if I can sell them. Thanks
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:50:02 AM

yeah sure you will, from who?  Cool
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:16:33 AM

Who ever will sell i just got 2 for free someone has to want to get paid for them.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:18:12 AM

I have a few friends who mine I know they will sell to me.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:21:55 AM

what state are you in?

I want cash

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:31:19 AM

I am in NC rocky point near wilmington Nc. Aren't they .06 each? Why not take pay pal? No one is scamming for .06.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:37:28 AM

I have btc for ltc if you will sell like that I want a good rate though.

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:48:19 AM

One option is you take that paypal buy a gift card and people will buy the gift card online for btc

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:46:28 AM

Ya there is a 5 dollar fee when you buy gift cards not really interested in adding 5 bucks of cost to a 50 dollar gift card. Adds to much to the cost of coins at that scale. If you could buy 5k gift cards it might make sense.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:00:04 AM

Paying with Paypal means you can renege and screw the seller. Especially, when bitcoins or litecoins are involved.
This is why Paypal can not be trusted.
BTW, someone told me, that there is a certain procedure buyer has to go trough in Paypal, after he can not cancel the payment.
Something to do wit rating? the seller or transaction or some other similar absurdity. I have completely forgotten how it was done.

Maybe someone who uses PP knows.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:22:50 AM

Paying with Paypal means you can renege and screw the seller. Especially, when bitcoins or litecoins are involved.
BTW, someone told me, that there is a certain procedure buyer has to go trough in Paypal, after he can not cancel the payment.
Something to do wit rating? the seller or transaction or some other similar absurdity. I have completely forgotten how it was done.

after paying immediately file a claim

then wait or something an hour

then say oops I just didn't wait long enough everything's fine; seller delivered item

i guess say you paid for digital goods or website service or something

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:27:06 AM

after paying immediately file a claim

then wait or something an hour

then say oops I just didn't wait long enough everything's fine; seller delivered item

i guess say you paid for digital goods or website service or something

Yes, that is it.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:58:07 PM

The way that PP is not refundable that is a lot simpler than that is this. If you send as a gift from your home IP address it is not reversible. I use the hell out of PP and i promise this is true.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:32:54 PM

The way that PP is not refundable that is a lot simpler than that is this. If you send as a gift from your home IP address it is not reversible. I use the hell out of PP and i promise this is true.

Well as long as your promise it must be right.  So if I hack into your home computer and use it to send a gift to myself for $50,000 it is irreversible?  Well since PayPal is perfectly irreversible who needs Bitcoin er LiteCoin.

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:56:11 PM

Well as long as your promise it must be right.  So if I hack into your home computer and use it to send a gift to myself for $50,000 it is irreversible?  Well since PayPal is perfectly irreversible who needs Bitcoin er LiteCoin.

to send money when you're away from home

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:06:52 PM

No that is very reversible but to counter against that i have implemented several checks. I have them send and email and check the ip address, I have them like our page on facebook bitcoin friends, then check that the FB, PP, Phone,Location,email all match if there is anything funny I ask that they send a picture of their drivers licence. Instead of putting down someones ideas you might want to at least hear them out first. If you can confirm that the payment was sent from the home IP as a gift you can confirm that the payment is not reversible Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:14:12 PM

No that is very reversible but to counter against that i have implemented several checks. I have them send and email and check the ip address, I have them like our page on facebook bitcoin friends, then check that the FB, PP, Phone,Location,email all match if there is anything funny I ask that they send a picture of their drivers licence. Instead of putting down someones ideas you might want to at least hear them out first. If you can confirm that the payment was sent from the home IP as a gift you can confirm that the payment is not reversible Smiley.  

In the example above it would be from your home computer and thus using your home IP address.  So you are saying it is both very reversible and not reversible.  Hopefully people can see you will say just about anything even things which are blatantly false.  At least people will know what they are getting themselves into.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:21:56 PM

If it is hacked from a proxi or other methods it is reversible Paypal can find out if it came from the home Ip I am sure the tech guys here can figure it out. My point is that the payment is not reversable if it was sent from the owner of the account from their home Ip address. That is simple enough. There is no need to call me a liar. 
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:24:25 PM

I didn't say anything about a proxi.  If I hack into YOUR COMPUTER = YOUR IP ADDRES and use it to login to your PayPal account and send a gift to someone for say $50,000 it is your claim that is 100% irreversible.  No possible way that can be reversed by PayPal or the funding bank/CC?  Yes or No.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: