Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:42:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Halving and its effects  (Read 2834 times)
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 08:10:17 PM

2nd possibility seems the more likely, but yet I feel that a high raise needs a lot of new money coming into bitcoin, and I do not see how exactly this is going to happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rekinthis

Activity: 658

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:29:37 PM

I thought the halving was in July...? 

Don't think we're going to see it double.   Not that I wouldn't be happy with it, but it seems extremely unlikely to me that the halving isn't priced in.
im pretty confident about the price rise and i think that we will not see the price doubling but we will see it going three times bigger than it is right now as it has a lot of potential to grow at the moment

hopefully these increases will make us big money, such effects will surely allow for such thing to happen the only question is when the price will start growing at a very rapid pace

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:37:28 PM

The halving will reduce the fresh supply of the new bitcoin. If demand is the same, the price will rise a lot.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:56:07 AM

2nd possibility seems the more likely, but yet I feel that a high raise needs a lot of new money coming into bitcoin, and I do not see how exactly this is going to happen.

That could be right. If the price has to rise, then more new money will come into the system to push up the price of the old coins.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:35:17 PM

The halving will reduce the fresh supply of the new bitcoin. If demand is the same, the price will rise a lot.

The halving will reduce the supply of new bitcoins, that is true, from 3600 to 1800 new bitcoins a day. Even at 3600 new bitcoins a day, it's a miniscule amount of bitcoins to affect the market where hundreds of thousands of coins are traded every day. No one's going to notice the reduction of 1800 new bitcoins coming into the market every day.

Additionally, only about 50% of the newly mined bitcoins were sold on the market, the miners kept the rest in their wallets hoping for a price rise.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:51:16 PM

No one's going to notice the reduction of 1800 new bitcoins coming into the market every day.

The miners will notice! Their income will drop in half. A lot of marginal miners will turn off their rigs. Hashrate could drop a bit.

Buy & Hold
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:05:27 PM

No one's going to notice the reduction of 1800 new bitcoins coming into the market every day.

The miners will notice! Their income will drop in half. A lot of marginal miners will turn off their rigs. Hashrate could drop a bit.
Right question is what will happen when hashpower drops? Will it price follow or not?
But demand is still is very high. Mining price is already regulated with jump of price from 200 to 400$ so i think we don't need to worry.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 03:29:05 PM

I thought the halving was in July...? 

Don't think we're going to see it double.   Not that I wouldn't be happy with it, but it seems extremely unlikely to me that the halving isn't priced in.
im pretty confident about the price rise and i think that we will not see the price doubling but we will see it going three times bigger than it is right now as it has a lot of potential to grow at the moment

hopefully these increases will make us big money, such effects will surely allow for such thing to happen the only question is when the price will start growing at a very rapid pace

Three times?! I've talked about some being optimistic about the price doubling due to the halving, but you think that it'll jump to more than $1300 per bitcoin?! What in the world would cause that giant bubble? When the halving comes, the unprofitable miners will drop out. That is going to happen. The difficulty will lower to the point where the medium-scale miners can still somewhat mine profitably, but it'll take a huge investment for new miners to come back in. The price will rise, I am sure of that, but it will not double. That is unlikely to happen.

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:14:57 PM

Still have $117 million USD in Bitcoin to be created before the July halving.  Undecided

Despite the potential daily selling pressure of $1.6 million USD in Bitcoin being created, the price is able to maintain itself in the mid 400's.  Cool

Yes, we were a bit overextended by the steep April climb from $420's to $470's but using math, the price should be well above $500 by June.  Grin

July, it'll be anybody's guess where the price will be.
Getcoinsite

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:28:19 PM

Still have $117 million USD in Bitcoin to be created before the July halving.  Undecided

Despite the potential daily selling pressure of $1.6 million USD in Bitcoin being created, the price is able to maintain itself in the mid 400's.  Cool

Yes, we were a bit overextended by the steep April climb from $420's to $470's but using math, the price should be well above $500 by June.  Grin

If the same amount of fiat flow into Bitcoin after halving, the price could be around $600 and rise slowly.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Ok, so we re less then 3 months away from halving. It s going to be a very interesting period for crypto and what effects is it going to produce, it s still big time unclear.

Here are potential options:

1. nothing changes
2. the price doubles of more, current miners remain profitable and new generation of miners enters the game, the difficulty keeps rising
3. the price does not change, 90% of current miners become unprofitable, the difficulty drops big time, new generation of miners fills the gap.
4. the price drops due to false expectations, crypto slows down and eventually loses lots of people. Crypto dies.

What would you say we should expect?

I would merge 3 and 4 into:

5. Biggest miners will push the price down to hedge the lower profit from mining until the difficulty adjusts (drops big).

this space is intentionally left blank
Xember

Activity: 110
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:28:56 PM

If the same amount of fiat flow into Bitcoin after halving, the price could be around $600 and rise slowly.

The bitcoin price might rise very fast. It depends on the mass adoption and also on the action of big whales.
Getcoinsite

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:12:12 PM

If the block size does not increase, the miners will have less income, they will quit mining, it will reduce the price.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:48:16 PM

If the block size does not increase, the miners will have less income, they will quit mining, it will reduce the price.
if halving occurs most likely it will make bitcoin prices to be higher, although I often hear and see the news in several forums, and I concluded that it might happen

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Xember

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:59:15 PM

if halving occurs most likely it will make bitcoin prices to be higher, although I often hear and see the news in several forums, and I concluded that it might happen

I think the price of bitcoin will go to $500 before the halving. Then it will rise fast due to halving.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:16:34 PM

I think the price of bitcoin will go to $500 before the halving. Then it will rise fast due to halving.

That has already happened. The bitcoin is is over $500 in many exchanges. That is a good prediction.
Getcoinsite

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:05:29 AM

That has already happened. The bitcoin is is over $500 in many exchanges. That is a good prediction.

The price is trading around $540 in some exchanges. It might stay at this level for some time to stabilize.
HostSurf

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:13:04 AM

It depends if you want to invest into bitcoin on a long term or short term. For short term I wouldn't recommend it since it will take awhile before you start making profits but for the long term, I suggest you go for it. I wouldn't wait too long either to buy in if I was you.
talkingleaves

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:39:27 PM

It depends if you want to invest into bitcoin on a long term or short term. For short term I wouldn't recommend it since it will take awhile before you start making profits but for the long term, I suggest you go for it. I wouldn't wait too long either to buy in if I was you.

i think its safe to say both short and long term investments could be profitable right now
parmatiya

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:02:53 AM

i think its safe to say both short and long term investments could be profitable right now

That is right. If you hold the bitcoin short term, say, 12 months, the price will be higher than the $600 range.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: