Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've figured out the bitcoin market  (Read 2667 times)
gmiwenht (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:49:58 PM

I have used the scientific method (hypothesis followed by experiment).

It's pretty simple actually: Every time I buy the price goes down. Every time I sell the price goes up. Last night I bought in with half my capital, so we should now see a period of stability Roll Eyes

1xsBEUVzo6EtAST5Bq96AztiTR5mBXNzt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:52:32 PM

It's pretty simple actually: Every time I buy the price goes down. Every time I sell the price goes up. Last night I bought in with half my capital, so we should now see a period of stability Roll Eyes
My wife and I joke about this... happens like clockwork for me as well.  This is why I no longer attempt to day trade on BTC.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:55:27 PM

Whenever you go to a poker game, the first thing you do is try to identify the fish.  If you can't figure that out, you're the fish.

Guys, I've got some bad news for you.

You're the fish.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 06:58:47 PM

Whenever you go to a poker game, the first thing you do is try to identify the fish.  If you can't figure that out, you're the fish.

You're the fish.
Big, fat fish.

BCH
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:00:51 PM

Imagine one thing. Imagine what is MARKET. It consits of thousands participants which fight between themselves. With only one purpose: make money.

When you stay away from this battle - it is okay.

But since you open position - the WHOLE market with lots of people turn against you, become your enemy, thousands of people with swords run on you. You appear in the center of this battle.

You must not be negligent when opening position. You must have exact plan of your actions. Otherwise you will be burned.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:25:34 PM

Imagine one thing. Imagine what is MARKET. It consits of thousands participants which fight between themselves. With only one purpose: make money.

When you stay away from this battle - it is okay.

But since you open position - the WHOLE market with lots of people turn against you, become your enemy, thousands of people with swords run on you. You appear in the center of this battle.

You must not be negligent when opening position. You must have exact plan of your actions. Otherwise you will be burned.
Quoting in full because this needs to be said more often. The only thing I'd add is, once you have a plan, you need to ask yourself whether there's any objective reason to believe your plan is any good. The fewer reasons, the more likely it is you're just gambling. And gambling is fine, as long as you acknowledge that's what you're doing.

The best plan, of course, is to find a time machine and go buy some sub-dollar bitcoins.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
cardinalG

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:44:18 PM

Message me shortly before you buy or sell please.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:02:43 PM

So basically you're the real world George Costanza  Wink

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:23:12 PM

You're the fish.
I will shamelessly admit to non-purposefully being the fish.
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:24:19 PM

Actually the episode where George gets inside trading advice, he ends up holding out while Jerry sold while the stock was plummeting, a week or so later George was rollin in money and smoking cigars.
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:25:57 PM

I do daytrading with 0% Fees. I use bitcoin-24.com and trade with EUR.

BIG PROFIT!

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 08:35:25 PM

BIG PROFIT!

lol really 0% fees?

candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

BIG PROFIT!

lol really 0% fees?

yes 0% fees!

The $ trading market is almost dead. but the € trading works very very good!

I daytrade in € and got a lot of profit!

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:46:14 PM

Actually the episode where George gets inside trading advice, he ends up holding out while Jerry sold while the stock was plummeting, a week or so later George was rollin in money and smoking cigars.

Hah, I forgot about that episode.  I was actually thinking about the one where George realizes every decision in his life has been wrong and decides to do the opposite of what his intuition tells him to do.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:03:08 PM

Hah, I forgot about that episode.  I was actually thinking about the one where George realizes every decision in his life has been wrong and decides to do the opposite of what his intuition tells him to do.
Haha I figured, just felt like calling you out on a technicality since I saw that episode the other night haha.
gmiwenht (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:15:50 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 10:13:59 PM by gmiwenht

[deleted]

1xsBEUVzo6EtAST5Bq96AztiTR5mBXNzt
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 12:19:46 AM

Best theory so far, I had exactly the same feeling for almost all financial transactions.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 03:08:36 AM

I must just be lucky, every time I buy three years later the price is way up.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 04:11:38 AM

You're the fish.

Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.

Rounders, 1988

Rounders was late-90's not 80's

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 05:34:31 AM

the bitcoin market.:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print