Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've figured out the bitcoin market  (Read 2666 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 07:48:02 PM

Last night I bought in with half my capital, so we should now see a period of stability Roll Eyes

Just sold my remains. If my analysis is correct, we should be doing >$22 today! Congrats everyone.

lol wtf?

i THINK your doing it wrong...  Grin

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 08:00:05 PM

for science

lol

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
cheat_2_win

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:05:51 PM

Just sold my remains. If my analysis is correct, we should be doing >$22 today! Congrats everyone.

Have you tried making your mind to sell and stop when you are about to hit the sell button. Every time I do that, the price goes up.  Cheesy
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:04:19 AM

I have used the scientific method (hypothesis followed by experiment).

It's pretty simple actually: Every time I buy the price goes down. Every time I sell the price goes up. Last night I bought in with half my capital, so we should now see a period of stability Roll Eyes

Every time I start moving money towards bitcoin, the price jumps while I am waiting for my money to get to the exchange.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Thank you!  Please let us know when you are buying back in ....    Wink
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 06:18:49 PM

Thank you!  Please let us know when you are buying back in ....    Wink

lol

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:37:33 PM

It's pretty simple actually: Every time I buy the price goes down. Every time I sell the price goes up. Last night I bought in with half my capital, so we should now see a period of stability Roll Eyes

Every time I start moving money towards bitcoin, the price jumps while I am waiting for my money to get to the exchange.

Okay, lets test my theory. I started a deposit to MtGox today, which means the price should rise between now and Feb 12th (when Dwolla says the transfer should be complete). Current price: 22.08 USD per BTC (45.3 mBTC per USD)

Will edit to show result of experiment.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 10:42:46 PM

Okay, lets test my theory. I started a deposit to MtGox today, which means the price should rise between now and Feb 12th (when Dwolla says the transfer should be complete). Current price: 22.08 USD per BTC (45.3 mBTC per USD)

Will edit to show result of experiment.

Use Coinbase, they lock the price you pay, you just can't withdraw the bitcoins until your ACH deposit is complete.  They also take a commision, but if you're concerned about price fluctuation risk, the commision is relatively low.  The last time I bought some coins there, the market value of bitcoins went up more during the delay than the commision.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:08:58 PM

Alright, my funds just got to MtGox, and the price stands at 25.71 USD. That is a 16.4% increase in less than a week.

So my theory must be correct, the price is influenced by my intention to buy more.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 05:20:34 PM

Alright, my funds just got to MtGox, and the price stands at 25.71 USD. That is a 16.4% increase in less than a week.

So my theory must be correct, the price is influenced by my intention to buy more.

its the other way around.
your intention to buy more is influenced by price moments.

Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:27:20 PM

its the other way around.
your intention to buy more is influenced by price moments.

So you are saying one action was influenced by a future action?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 05:27:43 PM

Well as it goes if you always buy when the price goes up chances are that sooner or later you'd buy near the top.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:29:56 PM

the bitcoin market.:

Haha yes.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:39:31 PM

Paul, in either case please warn in advance before cashing out. We will test whether or not the price would crash then.

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: