Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:53:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much will 100GH/s yield ?  (Read 2753 times)
alexde989 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:42:21 AM

I am new to bitcoin and I can't understand how to calculate the amount of bitcoins yielded given the GH/s. Say I am running 100GH/s for 24x7 for 1 week so whhat is the amount of bitcoins I will have ? If I am running on a cloud architecture ? Can someone show the calculation ?
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:46:25 AM

you can calculate here
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

why you are so lazy, you can search using google.

GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:47:06 AM

I am new to bitcoin and I can't understand how to calculate the amount of bitcoins yielded given the GH/s. Say I am running 100GH/s for 24x7 for 1 week so whhat is the amount of bitcoins I will have ? If I am running on a cloud architecture ? Can someone show the calculation ?
Use mining calculators like www.cloudmining.website/calculator.php

Per week return for 100Ghs is ~0.00212716 BTC.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:55:08 AM

Is it true that cloud mining causes global warming?
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 11:56:38 AM

It's worth to mention that all those long term calculations are only predictions. No one really knows what the future difficulty will be, so it's impossible to produce 100% accurate estimate.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
alexde989 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:41:01 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply. Now I am interested in https://www.genesis-mining.com because of there lifetime mining contracts. Can you please help me in understanding their license agreement ?

a. 0.260 USD per GH/s upfront
b. USD 0.00055 per GH/s and day, deducted on a daily basis* from the generated Coins

Is the meaning of the first line that when you earn 0.26 USD worth of BTC you have to pay them ? Or do you have to pay extra 0.26 after purchase ? The particular plan that I am interested in costs $96, so does this mean I have to pay $0.26 extra ?

Now whats really confusing is the second line-:

I have to pay 0.00055 USD for each GH/s meaning each time a GH is done it will cost me 0.00055 USD right ? If that is true then each day has 86400 seconds then for each day I have to pay

86400*0.00055 = 47.52 USD ?

Since each day has 86400 seconds thus 86400 100 GH/s will be generated.

Am I right in my assumption ?
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:44:27 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply. Now I am interested in https://www.genesis-mining.com because of there lifetime mining contracts. Can you please help me in understanding their license agreement ?

b. USD 0.00055 per GH/s and day, deducted on a daily basis* from the generated Coins

Is the meaning of the first line that when you earn 0.26 USD worth of BTC you have to pay them ? Or do you have to pay extra 0.26 after purchase ? The particular plan that I am interested in costs $96, so does this mean I have to pay $0.26 extra ?

I have to pay 0.00055 USD for each GH/s meaning each time a GH is done it will cost me 0.00055 USD right ? If that is true then each day has 86400 seconds then for each day I have to pay

No, not at all. Every day you will have to pay 0,000555*100=0,05$ for electricity. The up-front thing is the price of buy I think. However, I don't recommend you to buy these mining contracts, because you will never profit, maybe never reimburse your initial purchase.
alexde989 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:13:23 PM

No, not at all. Every day you will have to pay 0,000555*100=0,05$ for electricity. The up-front thing is the price of buy I think. However, I don't recommend you to buy these mining contracts, because you will never profit, maybe never reimburse your initial purchase.

So what do you recommend for bitcoin mining ? Manual mining ? What's the best way to earn BTC ?
FUBAR-BDHR

Activity: 702
Merit: 1000

★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 04:53:37 PM

Code:
The expected generation output, at 100 ghps, given difficulty of 165,496,835,118.226348876953, 
is 0.000303876818 BTC per day and 0.000012661534 BTC per hour.  
Given this rate it will take you 9 years, 0 weeks, 5 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes, and 16 seconds to make 1.0 BTC

So the answer is not very much.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:07:59 PM

So what do you recommend for bitcoin mining ? Manual mining ? What's the best way to earn BTC ?

It depends if you have a starting capital or not. You can register in a signature campaign, play with the altcoins, lend your money (high risk, my testimony) or mine altcoins.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 10:21:50 PM

Forget about mining. It's not profitable for average people (unless you have free electricity etc).

There was a pretty extensive thread about best ways to earn bitcoins, perhaps you'll find something interesting there:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006151.0

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:46:58 PM

Cloud mining and every electronic items causes global warning if they was made by destroying ecosystem to find the right raw material and use electricity which generated from non-friendly source (such as fuel or generate lots of heat).
But, cloud mining is just very small part of global warming.

Also, cloud mining is unprofitable or scam anyway Roll Eyes

So cloud mining is an unprofitable scam and it's destroying the planet, this is horrible.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:52:36 PM

Cloud mining and every electronic items causes global warning if they was made by destroying ecosystem to find the right raw material and use electricity which generated from non-friendly source (such as fuel or generate lots of heat).
But, cloud mining is just very small part of global warming.

Also, cloud mining is unprofitable or scam anyway Roll Eyes

So cloud mining is an unprofitable scam and it's destroying the planet, this is horrible.

If it is a scam most likely they do not have the gear and are not using electricity "destroying" anything.   In most they simulate mining... and in the end you end up paying more then you got back.  Yes it is a very sad thing amount of scams in cloud area.

If you really want to do it go with hashnest, they are legit by all accounts.  But personally I would buy a miner and put it at a hosting center if you cannot mine at home for some reason.   Then you have a miner that holds some value... which I view as a plus.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:17:12 AM

manual mining is a joke, if you can afford to invest a big amount and have cheap electricity go directly for bitcoin mining

otherwise there are altcoin, that are profitable, or simply buy altcoin that have at least a future
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:40:50 PM

But whatever you do, don't use that ponzi scam he links to. It is showing signs of imminent collapse.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:47:43 PM

But whatever you do, don't use that ponzi scam he links to. It is showing signs of imminent collapse.

Collapse is right, seems like they themselves depend on investors.

Payment address
https://blockchain.info/address/3KEeC9hLHaGKE8YTf4pNveMPi96i9qQ3Hh

And its gone.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:12:14 PM

Collapse is right, seems like they themselves depend on investors.

Payment address
https://blockchain.info/address/3KEeC9hLHaGKE8YTf4pNveMPi96i9qQ3Hh

I thought they would collapse long ago but they seem to attract more customers.... so people are not reading.  The calculator they send you to does not include difficultly common trick on ponzi cloud sites.

I thought when they did away with previous gen and got new "high performance" gear we would finnaly see them stop.  But people still buy and it's crazy.  They said they stopped using old gear and got new gear.... yet never release what they mine with on gear, or any info about gear.   I think it's due to them being ponzi and not actually mining at all.... but everyone can make up their own minds.
jpucela14

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:39:50 PM

You can also check whattomine...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:51:22 AM

You can also check whattomine...

that is for altcoin, with sha256 asic the only porfitable one right now is bitcoin, other sha coin are useless to mine, we ar enot stuck in 2013 anymore
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: