Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Easter  (Read 1743 times)
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:44:03 PM

What's the big deal?

Easter is a Germanic-Pagan holiday that was stolen by christians

Easter has nothing to do with religion... what do an egg-laying bunny and chocolate have to do with Jesus?  About as much as Christmas Trees and Santa Claus (another Germanic-Pagan holiday the christians stole - Yule)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre
MONEY Grin
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 11:46:04 PM

What's the big deal?

Easter has nothing to do with religion... what do an egg-laying bunny and chocolate have to do with Jesus?  About as much as Christmas Trees and Santa Claus (another Germanic-Pagan holiday the christians stole - Yule)

Thought most pagan rituals where hijacked by the Christians at one point or another,reason we have a slight confusion over the issue of what is Christian and what is not.
That was kind of the point: that those who converted to Christianity, wouldn't celebrate both Christian hollidays alongside with the holidays of whatever relligion they believed in previously.

What's the big deal?

Easter has nothing to do with religion... what do an egg-laying bunny and chocolate have to do with Jesus?  About as much as Christmas Trees and Santa Claus (another Germanic-Pagan holiday the christians stole - Yule)

MONEY Grin
That's modern commercialization of popular hollidays for you.

Also, happy Easter everyone. Smiley

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:49:18 PM

Happy Easter to all and it seems, Christians around the world is rejoicing with this celebration. Me and my family joining all our brothers in celebrating this joyous feasts. God Bless everyone!

Open for Campaigns
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:35:29 AM

What's the big deal?

Thought most pagan rituals where hijacked by the Christians at one point or another,reason we have a slight confusion over the issue of what is Christian and what is not.
That was kind of the point: that those who converted to Christianity, wouldn't celebrate both Christian hollidays alongside with the holidays of whatever relligion they believed in previously.

What's the big deal?

MONEY Grin
That's modern commercialization of popular hollidays for you.

Also, happy Easter everyone. Smiley
Nothing to do with it being modern..Voodoo Witch doctors religion pagans all about money or getting something off the village ..
You don't think those witch doctors put all that ox blood and feathers all over there body for nothing do you..Now in modern times the west we use money..Plenty of modern day witch doctors THE POPE is one he splashes everyone with water saying it will do good things for you Huh..
Olden days they would get food animal skins as time went on it was gold and silver and in this day and age it's money ..And 10 years from now it will be BITCOIN Cheesy
storyrelativity

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:47:12 AM

Easter Sunday or resurrection Sunday will be celebrated by Christians around the world on 25 March. The day marks the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his crucifixion. According to the New Testament, Jesus came back to life on Sunday, the third day after his death on the cross, the Friday before Easter.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:51:53 AM

Am I the only one who noticed that Christians can't count?

I hear a lot about Jesus rising, "Three days later"...

But, if Jesus dies Friday evening... Sunday morning is only a day and a half later, not 3 days... do the math

PS. Why do they call they day Jesus was murdered... "Good Friday"?!?
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:01:58 AM

But, if Jesus dies Friday evening... Sunday morning is only a day and a half later, not 3 days... do the math
leap year maybe Cheesy.
Also don't forget when you go to church on easter sunday make sure you put some money on the offering plate you don't want god to be angry Grin I know you don't believe so message not for you only bible basher's.
1 good thing about all this religious stuff is we get paid holidays so maybe we should ad jews and muslims celebrations  so we get more paid holidays might end up getting 10 weeks off with pay..
So i suppose religion can come in handy after all..
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 01:28:19 AM

Never forget... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhzGSQwVa9I

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Jstalk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 06:54:39 AM

I`m not a roman catholic but happy Easter to everyone...
The orthodox easter will be in April....

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:03:07 AM

PS. Why do they call they day Jesus was murdered... "Good Friday"?!?

It's true that many things Christians believe are not well explained or logical.
It seems sometimes like blind faith, without any logic or reason.
Still, I think most people like main idea behind Easter, victory of goodness over evil, victory of life over death and that there is always hope for us, at least in a future life if not in this life Smiley
It's always good to have some hope that doesn't matter how difficult is now once in the future it will be better.
Without this hope it will be more difficult to live, at least for believers.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:07:18 AM

Easter is a traditional holiday of pagans and it was adopted by the catholic church. No doubt they don't know what they are celebrating.

Vires in Numeris
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:28:55 PM

Easter is a traditional holiday of pagans and it was adopted by the catholic church. No doubt they don't know what they are celebrating.

Of course they do. They are Christians.

Eid al-fitr is a muslim holiday marking the end of ramadan. Are you suggesting muslims don't know what they are celebrating either?

Moloch

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:02:16 PM

Eid al-fitr is a muslim holiday marking the end of ramadan. Are you suggesting muslims don't know what they are celebrating either?

Are you saying Christians are aware that Easter has nothing to do with Jesus?  A stolen holiday?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:19:30 PM

Are you saying Christians are aware that Easter has nothing to do with Jesus?  A stolen holiday?

I am saying christians celebrate an event directly linked to their faith, the same is true for every faith, unless you believe muslims are celebrating a stolen holiday too...

Burning babies alive in your hands is not a tradition going to come back anytime soon my dear canaanite god...

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:30:23 PM

I am saying christians celebrate an event directly linked to their faith, the same is true for every faith, unless you believe muslims are celebrating a stolen holiday too...

But that leaves christians all confused about what they are celebrating... what does a bunny and egg-hunt have to do with Jesus?

Answer: Nothing at all... Easter bunny and egg-hunts date back to before Jesus was invented
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:38:31 PM

But that leaves christians all confused about what they are celebrating... what does a bunny and egg-hunt have to do with Jesus?

Answer: Nothing at all... Easter bunny and egg-hunts date back to before Jesus was invented

... And so was the symbolism of the Christmas tree and santa claus. I agree on that my dear baby burning god.
None the less, there is no more confusion about what it means to be Christian for a Christian, than there is confusion for a buddhist to believe in the teaching of buddha.

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:55:06 PM

happy easter everyone, Let this Easter be a joyous one. Let us prepare ourselves, to be worthy of the risen Christ.

JavaLove

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:07:59 PM

Happy Easter to everyone on bitcointalk! (Even if you're a regressive leftist, Happy Easter!)

It's time to remember that today, Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins.

Christ lives and so shall all who trust in Him. “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved,” Romans 10:13.

Have a very blessed Easter everyone!

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:35:06 PM

Muslims Say That Easter Egg Hunt ‘Violates the U.S. Constitution’

Muslim parents in Dearborn, Michigan are upset after elementary school students received flyers promoting an Easter Egg hunt at a local Presbyterian church.

The parents say the egg hunt “violates the U.S. Constitution”.

The Muslims told the Detroit Free-Press that they were concerned about the religious implications of Cherry Hill Presbyterian Church’s “Eggstravaganza!”

They were also “troubled” by images of a bunny rabbit.

“It really bothered my two kids,” parent Majed Moughni, told the newspaper. “My son was like, ‘Dad, I really don’t feel comfortable getting these flyers, telling me to go to church. I thought churches are not supposed to mix with schools.’ ”

The school district did not comment and the pastor of the church said there’s nothing remotely religious about the event.

“Part of our efforts in Dearborn is to invite the community to let them know we’re here,” Pastor Neeta Nichols told the newspaper. “We’re offering various kinds of programming, fun opportunities, so what we can be engaged with the community.”

http://toprightnews.com/muslims-say-that-easter-egg-hunt-violates-the-u-s-constitution/

these muslim people are so right..  disrict must be respectful for all religion an non-believers.. so the flyers shouldnt have been disseminated by school authorities.. this was the source of this problem for me..
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 05:02:42 PM

Happy Easter! This was only the day where I get to celebrate the holy week with God. I hope he is not mad. I actually spend early Sunday with the tradition of remembering Mary to meet her son has risen. It is still good that my country is still practicing this type of religious belief, So proud of it..

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: