Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach someone about Bitcoin  (Read 58694 times)
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:46:07 AM

I've been thinking. Is it worth it to go into details? For example, I do not know how the banking system, as the payments are and stuff like that, but I use this system. I think it is not necessary frighten unenlightened technical details and tell is a surfactant. If they are interested, they will then own it will look for information.

Of course it is our personal duty and responsibility to know first what we are going to do and enter an industry. Just like your example.
And that's what we need to do for people who doesn't even know yet about bitcoin. Tell them the basics and after telling them encourage them to use bitcoin and still go for research.
if we talk about the method how to teach to some about bitcoin. there are a lot of methods. you can tech to some one about bitcoin with the help of youtube there are a lot of information present on you tube. you can also teach him through the large website of bitcoin forum.
Yes indeed vary the way that people can understand about bitcoin. But I'd rather be taught about basic bitcoin, and bitcoin how to save and how to get. Then have them active in this forum, I'm sure they will understand more deeply if they are active on this forum. That's how my friends are doing to invite only follow bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:52:14 AM

i think tell first how money inflation and deflation like a sales talk then go to basic pay per post and enrolling

I think the way you will be less good, because will impact the boredom they hear our explanation. I think that we are just explaining about the advantages of the bitcoin compared to other currencies and also estimates of the bitcoin on future
I believe it is easy to teach a person who is interested on bitcoin ecosystem. When they are interested on it, they give their full attention to your words and they will follow you. Without interest, you might face hard time while teaching them.
Yes, of course people should be interested to the topic that you are teaching. Even you share your ideas, advantages, markets and all these stuffs but the guy is not interested on it then he might find it boring and quit the work, So first we should develop the curiosity of that person about bitcoin ecosystem. When they are curious about bitcoin it is easier to teach them !
Antesth

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:40:27 AM

As the title say, what is the proper way to teach someone about what is Bitcoin?

Bitcoin is such an ethereal, abstract concept that it's always quite difficult to explain to average people

I mean, how do you explain to an everyday average human being that the Blockchain has made it possible for decentralised, autonomous corporations to exist?

How do you explain that, right now, all over the world, there are individuals who are using their GPU's to literally MINE THE INTERNET itself for digital assets that are convertible into any fiat currency?

How do you explain to the average joe that, because of the Blockchain, he now has the exact same power as any central bank in the word to CREATE and initiate value out of thin air?

How do you explain that, because of the blockchain, one day, the washing machine in your kitchen is going to be fitted with a CPU allowing it to run software that will allow it to communicate with other machines via the blockchain.. which will allow this washing machine to detect when it has run out of detergent... place an order for a refill... and then PAY for that refill - with money that it has mined all by itself. How do you explain that to the average Joe?

What will the average Joe think of you when you tell him that, one day, his household appliances, machines and devices will be able to contribute to paying household bills with money that they have generated themselves? Cheesy

There is no way to "explain" bitcoin to the average Joe. You have to SHOW them the power of bitcoin and unless you are engaged in sophisticated development on the blockchain, then maybe you also are yet to realise the true power of the blockchain and need to be "taught." I feel strongly that 90% of the bitcoin community aren't 100% aware of the true capability of this protocol, which is why most people struggle to explain bitcoin to their peers
It is not difficult to teach people about the bitcoin because the only thing you have to tell them is that there is a coin that calls bitcoin and that is worh a value of dollars and you can pay things with it
online and sometimes into the stores. If you are telling them this they know enough to know that bitcoins is worth dollars.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:58:05 PM

Yes, of course people should be interested to the topic that you are teaching. Even you share your ideas, advantages, markets and all these stuffs but the guy is not interested on it then he might find it boring and quit the work, So first we should develop the curiosity of that person about bitcoin ecosystem. When they are curious about bitcoin it is easier to teach them !

I think it is absolutely necessary that your counterpart is genuinely curious and interested in Bitcoin in the first place before you should even consider "teaching" him/her about the topic. It is a very bad idea to push people to Bitcoin when they are not interested. People will think that you are desperately selling the latest fad and will get a negative impression of Bitcoin and maybe even of you.

Also, if you tell people about Bitcoin, you should cover the potential risks and problems that might occur when using it as well. Painting an overly positive picture can have a very negative turnout if, for example, people are not taking appropriate security precautions.

Of the people I talked to, most quickly realized the huge potential of Bitcoin just by hearing about its properties. I don't think that Bitcoin needs advertising. Stating the facts is enough to convince people.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:17:47 PM

For me I guess, you should let the person know first how you earn a bitcoin by showing some output just like building an interest on BTC, when a person build his interest with BTC that's the good start and learning is much more easier.

there are a lot of youtube videos out there that are easy to understand and is more visual that makes the life easier to explain things.  Grin

Videos won't help as it might be focusing on technical aspects of bitcoin, best this is to tell them that they can earn good money from it and everyone loves money and everyone wants some 'extra'.

you're wrong dude, not all youtube videos are focused on technical aspects, have you watched and heard this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4 by decap X toby love this song and explains it what bitcoins can do. this is only one youtube video and you can find a lot of them similar to this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857195.0
Well it is better to tell them your own story so that they'll be inspired because some people have this mindset to see is to believe. If you just let them show a video with explanation of everything then they ask you "How can you be so sure about this?" You need to share your own successful story about bitcoin to make others believe you.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:33:00 PM

It is not difficult to teach people about the bitcoin because the only thing you have to tell them is that there is a coin that calls bitcoin and that is worh a value of dollars and you can pay things with it
online and sometimes into the stores. If you are telling them this they know enough to know that bitcoins is worth dollars.
i guess it's not as easy as you said , i have told some people around me just like what you describe above that bitcoin is worth dollars. then they start asking another question like how could that unseen thing worth dollars? etc and most people after heard to my explanation think that bitcoin is more likely to a commodity not as currency.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:08:17 PM

i guess it's not as easy as you said , i have told some people around me just like what you describe above that bitcoin is worth dollars. then they start asking another question like how could that unseen thing worth dollars? etc and most people after heard to my explanation think that bitcoin is more likely to a commodity not as currency.

Yeah even when I told people around me first of all they were not interested at all, then keeping it simple I told them that can earn good extra money from it and then some of them got attracted towards it.
Anon_7716

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:12:30 PM

Indeed provide an explanation or theory is very easy. But you also need to know that to appeal to everyone to use it. Look for weaknesses in the person's transactions or the economy. Once you know it was only starting to talk about and give an explanation of the bitcoin excellence bitcoin can help their economy
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:24:18 PM

As the title say, what is the proper way to teach someone about what is Bitcoin?

Bitcoin is such an ethereal, abstract concept that it's always quite difficult to explain to average people

I mean, how do you explain to an everyday average human being that the Blockchain has made it possible for decentralised, autonomous corporations to exist?

How do you explain that, right now, all over the world, there are individuals who are using their GPU's to literally MINE THE INTERNET itself for digital assets that are convertible into any fiat currency?

How do you explain to the average joe that, because of the Blockchain, he now has the exact same power as any central bank in the word to CREATE and initiate value out of thin air?

How do you explain that, because of the blockchain, one day, the washing machine in your kitchen is going to be fitted with a CPU allowing it to run software that will allow it to communicate with other machines via the blockchain.. which will allow this washing machine to detect when it has run out of detergent... place an order for a refill... and then PAY for that refill - with money that it has mined all by itself. How do you explain that to the average Joe?

What will the average Joe think of you when you tell him that, one day, his household appliances, machines and devices will be able to contribute to paying household bills with money that they have generated themselves? Cheesy

There is no way to "explain" bitcoin to the average Joe. You have to SHOW them the power of bitcoin and unless you are engaged in sophisticated development on the blockchain, then maybe you also are yet to realise the true power of the blockchain and need to be "taught." I feel strongly that 90% of the bitcoin community aren't 100% aware of the true capability of this protocol, which is why most people struggle to explain bitcoin to their peers
quiet easy to teach people about the bitcoin because there are allot of people who dont know what to do with the coin i can tell you
there are like 100 things to do with the coin and do you want to know all that things search on google and read lazy asses.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:58:21 PM

It truly depends upon the learning person. Only if he or she is interested then a small introduction is enough. Remaining they'll learn through the different sources available.
Nowl1935

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:01:55 PM

if you are advising someone to get into Bitcoin, be sure to also educate them on proper security measures.

I think that one thing that needs to happen for Bitcoin to succeed on a mainstream level, is that it needs to be easy to be safe. As of right now, it's fairly easy for a moderately skilled hacker to achieve access to one's wallet, assuming they are relying heavily on just their password to keep them safe. Here are a few things that I would suggest we all do to help our friends and family out, who we are trying to initiate into BTC.

1: Teach them the benefits and basics of using a password manager. I personally use Lastpass, but there are several out there. Insist that they come up with a secure master password, and that they write it down and file it in a secure place incase they forget it, and that only they know where it is. This would also be a good opportunity to have them start logging into and saving all the passwords for the sites that they use on a regular basis, and if they're using Lastpass, run the security check to see how they're currently standing. If they are the type of person that uses the same password for everything from their amazon account to their personal banking, this will show them how insecure this is, and you can insist that they go ahead and start changing the passwords to ones that are randomly generated by the manager.

2: Tell them about 2 Factor Authentication, and explain the added security benefits of using it. If the person that you are
helping is using an iPhone or Android, then there is very little excuse for them not to use it. I would definitely insist that they set up 2FA on their lastpass account, as well as any online services that allows them to stash BTC (Blockchain.info, Coinbase, Exchanges, etc).

3: If the person that you are helping out is a high roller, and are planning on putting a significant amount of money into Bitcoin, then I would certainly walk them through the process of creating a Cold Wallet. Be sure to let them know that their cold wallet is only as secure as the place that they keep it. I would at the least, stash it in a fireproof safe, and if it's a huge amount of money that we're talking about, then I would advise maybe getting a lockbox at a bank.

Hopefully, we'll have much easier security protocols in place in the near-future, but for the time being, we must work with the tools that we are given. If anyone has any other suggestions they would like to add, feel free in the comments below. My goal is that after enough input is received, someone (possibly me) can put together a straightforward infographic on how to properly secure your Bitcoins. Sound of!
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:03:19 PM

explain to survive and do not forget to remind that bitcoin is a financial payment media in the future.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:05:30 PM

I think it's depend to what kind of people you want teach. I mean if you want teach someone that jobless, it's more easier to teach him, just tell him that you can earn money from bitcoin and he will learn it for sure.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:08:34 PM

It's very difficult to answer this question because all people are different and you can't teach them in the same way.
Younger people, which understand modern technologies and Internet very well, you can explain Bitcoin very quickly, without to many words.
For older people or people not familiar with modern technologies, we have to spend much more time and patience in order to explain bitcoin or at least basic concept of virtual currencies.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:37:27 PM

Just don't. Forget about teaching people, they will all be forced to learn eventually, just make sure to be in before everyone else around you and you are on the right track already since you are posting here. You can't save everyone so save yourself.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:43:26 PM

Just don't. Forget about teaching people, they will all be forced to learn eventually, just make sure to be in before everyone else around you and you are on the right track already since you are posting here. You can't save everyone so save yourself.

Yup try to tell them once, and if they are interested they will take an initiative to learn, and if not let them go on their way and do not waste your valuable time behind them.
langedwig

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:55:08 PM

Not all would be as fast / good/ interested as you. Many would be looking for ways to earm money online who are more interested then us. Guiding them learn abt btc will not harm us. It would make us more expert in BTC. I believe on it. Open to invite others will make us get invited...
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:00:26 PM

Not all would be as fast / good/ interested as you. Many would be looking for ways to earm money online who are more interested then us. Guiding them learn abt btc will hot harm us. It woulnd make us more expert in BTC. I believe on it. Open to invite others will make us get invited...
Teaching others is the best way to learn what you think you know, so going out and teaching other people that are already interested in Bitcoin is a great thing and it can help to solidify your initial understandings of Bitcoin and encourage you to go back and look up anything you're not sure of. The only bad thing is that potentially you can end up reinforcing things in your mind that aren't true, so that might be an issue.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:06:05 PM

i often teach someone about bitcoin, but only a theory and not to show it directly, well, of course they are not interested, and they might hear it like a fairy tale, but there are also among those interested

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:12:12 PM

i often teach someone about bitcoin, but only a theory and not to show it directly, well, of course they are not interested, and they might hear it like a fairy tale, but there are also among those interested

I think if you show them directly how to earn bitcoin then they may be interested in using it, if you want to teach someone then make honest efforts or simply leave it.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: