Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:13:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: General POS coin question  (Read 1365 times)
ChrisHaefner (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:01:54 AM

So I have been considering throwing my hat in some POS coins. But I'm pretty unfamiliar with them. I've seen some posts about DMD. It looks good, my only problems with it, is its not on shape shift, and it appears payouts are once a year. Anyone out there familiar with these types of coins? Any recommendations or can you point me in a direction? I'm really looking for something semi stable that pays more then once a year. Thank you!
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:51:46 AM

Proof of Stake
Ambercoin             Rate of return 7% per year                                            ,Dev AmberCoinDev
BitBean                 Fixed rate of return 1000 per block                                    , Dev TeamBean           
Blackcoin               Rate of return 1% per year                                               ,Dev Rat4
Bottlecaps             Rate of return 200% per year,                                          ,Dev Tranz                       
Diamond                Rate of return 25% per year,                                           , Dev Danbi
HoboNickels           Rate of return 2% every 10 Day,                                       ,Dev Tranz       
Kobocoin                Rate of return 10% per year,                                           ,Dev TheTribesman
Mintcoin                 Rate of return 10%, drop down to 5% in 2017                   , Dev Fuzzbawls     
Netcoin                  Rate of return 20% per year,       
Noblecoin               Rate of return 8% per year,                                            , Dev EagleFlies               
PhilosopherStone    Rate of return ~50% per year , No Dev at the moment       
Supercoin              Rate set to drop to 5% per year soon, but has Anon feature  , Dev Griffin            
Tekcoin                 Rate of return ~20% a month depending on difficulty           , Dev Noise23       
ZEIT                     If you have not guessed , My Personal Favorite , 15% Harvest rate dropping down to 5% Harvest rate per year by 2017  , Dev Rent_a_Ray

For Research use CoinMarketcap to see pricing & total supply as some are a few cents with only a million coins and some others only a few satochi but billions of coins.
Plus read their discussion forms, to see the coin's general mood and direction.
You will also want to determine what amount of coins is needed per block to stake as fast as possible to gleam the effect of compound interest.

If you decide on any of them, Here is a link to my bootstrap service to save time syncing with the coin's network.
Kiklo's Bootstrap.dat & Blockchain Snapshot for Proof of Stake Coins

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:14:10 AM

So I have been considering throwing my hat in some POS coins. But I'm pretty unfamiliar with them. I've seen some posts about DMD. It looks good, my only problems with it, is its not on shape shift, and it appears payouts are once a year. Anyone out there familiar with these types of coins? Any recommendations or can you point me in a direction? I'm really looking for something semi stable that pays more then once a year. Thank you!

Depending on how many diamond coins you have in a block , if you have only~350 , then you normally stake ~30days from when the block was created.
If you have a few thousand in 1 block , then 9 days is the quickest you could stake.
Also they are hybrid so you can PoW mine them also.

Tekcoin (30 days before you can stake) & HoboNickel (10 days earliest stake) are also hybrids PoS & PoW.

Cool

FYI:
Algorithms
Diamond : Groestl
HBN       :Scrypt
Tekcoin   :Scrypt

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:58:50 AM

@kiklo

good POS data posted in TALK thread
get an address so I can tip Smiley

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:30:16 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 01:12:50 PM by groggin

into PoS since 2013, have to say it can be fun, but it is also a high maintenance endeavor  Undecided. i guess i've about 2 doz PoS currencies, so if i stake each for 24 hrs, i'm busy some time every day doing data maintenence, my pc can run maybe 6 PoS wallets at a time (fast cpu w/16 gB RAM), plus my c drive is small so i spend a fair amount of time moving data around, etc ...
 also there are different approaches to the task; some want to come out and stake once a week or month, while others want to run 24/7 foreva ...

Zeit and HBN are two of my favs too ... (but they are old with heavy wallets and very large blockchains) (compared to newer releases like sprouts or v.cash)

oh yeah also - once the minimum stake-age has been met staking usually (but sometimes not) starts right up and you collect as you go  Wink

on a brighter note staking = mining, but with low cpu usage, (RAM can take a pretty hard hit tho) and you can stake easily on a laptop or raspi, even that old clunker running win XP!  (even better - v.cash can stake on a cellphone, w/almost no extra battery drain)

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:53:28 PM

Proof of Stake
Ambercoin             Rate of return 7% per year                                            ,Dev AmberCoinDev
BitBean                 Fixed rate of return 1000 per block                                    , Dev TeamBean           
Blackcoin               Rate of return 1% per year                                               ,Dev Rat4
Bottlecaps             Rate of return 200% per year,                                          ,Dev Tranz                       
Diamond                Rate of return 25% per year,                                           , Dev Danbi
HoboNickels           Rate of return 2% every 10 Day,                                       ,Dev Tranz       
Kobocoin                Rate of return 10% per year,                                           ,Dev TheTribesman
Mintcoin                 Rate of return 10%, drop down to 5% in 2017                   , Dev Fuzzbawls     
Noblecoin               Rate of return 8% per year,                                            , Dev EagleFlies               
Supercoin              Rate set to drop to 5% per year soon, but has Anon feature  , Dev Griffin            
Tekcoin                 Rate of return ~20% a month depending on difficulty           , Dev Noise23       
ZEIT                     If you have not guessed , My Personal Favorite , 15% Harvest rate dropping down to 5% Harvest rate per year by 2017  , Dev Rent_a_Ray

For Research use CoinMarketcap to see pricing & total supply as some are a few cents with only a million coins and some others only a few satochi but billions of coins.
Plus read their discussion forms, to see the coin's general mood and direction.
You will also want to determine what amount of coins is needed per block to stake as fast as possible to gleam the effect of compound interest.

If you decide on any of them, Here is a link to my bootstrap service to save time syncing with the coin's network.
Kiklo's Bootstrap.dat & Blockchain Snapshot for Proof of Stake Coins

Cool

I'd add Reddcoin and Hyperstake to that list.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:09:11 PM

Reddcoin and Hyperstake

Rate of return stages?                                           
Dev names?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:26:23 PM

Reddcoin and Hyperstake

Rate of return stages?                                           
Dev names?

Hyperstake - Up to 750% but its a real pain in the ass to get it. Average is around 230% right now. Dev is presstab

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:45:36 PM

Proof of Stake

I would add Piggy Coin to that list - Rate of return 3% per year - 4 hour stake , Devs Neurocic, Mo Green
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803

Thanks for the handy list - even though I expect most POS heads are already aware!  Smiley

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:37:31 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 08:51:15 PM by BitcoinNational

Proof of Stake
Ambercoin             Rate of return 7% per year                                            ,Dev AmberCoinDev
BitBean                 Fixed rate of return 1000 per block                                    , Dev TeamBean           
Blackcoin               Rate of return 1% per year                                               ,Dev Rat4
Bottlecaps             Rate of return 200% per year,                                          ,Dev Tranz                        
Diamond                Rate of return 25% per year,                                           , Dev Danbi
HoboNickels           Rate of return 2% every 10 Day,                                       ,Dev Tranz                        [groggin]    
Hyperstake - Up to 750% but its a real pain in the ass to get it. Average 230% right now. Dev is presstab      [billotronic]
INFLUX         ......... don't know the details but impressed with client, newer launch to watch                      [BitCoinNational]
JBS                       max 4 per block                                                             ,Dev jyap
Kobocoin                Rate of return 10% per year,                                           ,Dev TheTribesman
Mintcoin                 Rate of return 10%, drop down to 5% in 2017                    ,Dev Fuzzbawls      
Netcoin                  Rate of return 20% per year,                                          ,???
Noblecoin               Rate of return 8% per year,                                            , Dev EagleFlies                
PhilosopherStone    Rate of return ~50% per year                                          ,No Dev at the moment      
Piggy                   3% per year - 4 hour stake                                              ,Devs Neurocic, Mo Green      [J1mb0]
Reddcoin
Sprouts              
Supercoin              Rate set to drop to 5% per year soon, has Anon feature        ,Dev Griffin            
TALK                     15% - 24HR MIN                                                            ,No stinking dev                  [BitCoinNational][groggin]
Tekcoin                 Rate of return ~20% a month depending on difficulty            ,Dev Noise23      
Vcash/VNL                                                                                                ,JohnConner                      [groggin]
ZEIT                     15% (dropping down to 5% 2017)                                      ,Dev Rent_a_Ray  [kiklo][groggin]

for most all POS stake coins A-Z threads
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.msg9592844#msg9592844 [Talk]

FYI:
Hybrid POW Algorithms
Diamond : Groestl
HBN       :Scrypt
Tekcoin  :SHA256
Amber    :x11?
influx    :x11?
phs        :Scrypt (done?)
Bottlecaps :Scrypt (done?)            

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:22:52 PM

as long as we're adding things CBX (Cryptobullion) imo should be on everyone's grab what you can now list - new PoS algo, (PoSP) network is pinned to a 2% inflation rate, but what a staker receives is dependent on the #of stakers, so atm, nodes are getting ~6%

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 01:44:29 PM

as long as we're adding things CBX (Cryptobullion) imo should be on everyone's grab what you can now list - new PoS algo, (PoSP) network is pinned to a 2% inflation rate, but what a staker receives is dependent on the #of stakers, so atm, nodes are getting ~6%

I also have a few cryprobullion and I can say this is what one good POS coin very promising had a vwery strong community support admin and devs always update the community for new development only a matter of time before this coin makes it ..

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:51:15 PM

Reddcoin and Hyperstake

Rate of return stages?                                           
Dev names?

Hyperstake - Up to 750% but its a real pain in the ass to get it. Average is around 230% right now. Dev is presstab

And Reddcoin is about 5%. Here's their forum, with all the info -  https://www.reddcointalk.org/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:31:58 AM

Proof of Stake
Ambercoin             Rate of return 7% per year                                            ,Dev AmberCoinDev
BitBean                 Fixed rate of return 1000 per block                                    , Dev TeamBean           
Blackcoin               Rate of return 1% per year                                               ,Dev Rat4
Bottlecaps             Rate of return 200% per year,                                          ,Dev Tranz                        
CBX                     (PoSP) 2% inflation rate, but dependent on #of stakers, so atm, nodes are getting ~6%
Diamond                Rate of return 25% per year,                                           , Dev Danbi
HoboNickels           Rate of return 2% every 10 Day,                                       ,Dev Tranz                        [groggin]    
Hyperstake - Up to 750% but its a real pain in the ass to get it. Average 230% right now. Dev is presstab      [billotronic]
INFLUX         ......... don't know the details but impressed with client, newer launch to watch                       [BitCoinNational]
JBS                       max 4 per block                                                             ,Dev jyap
Kobocoin                Rate of return 10% per year,                                           ,Dev TheTribesman
Mintcoin                 Rate of return 10%, drop down to 5% in 2017                    ,Dev Fuzzbawls      
Netcoin                  Rate of return 20% per year,                                          ,???
Noblecoin               Rate of return 8% per year,                                            , Dev EagleFlies                
PhilosopherStone    Rate of return ~50% per year                                          ,No Dev at the moment      
Piggy                   3% per year - 4 hour stake                                              ,Devs Neurocic, Mo Green      [J1mb0]
Reddcoin               5%                                                                                                                      [alyssa85]
Sprouts              
Supercoin              Rate set to drop to 5% per year soon, has Anon feature        ,Dev Griffin            
TALK                     15% - 24HR MIN                                                            ,No stinking dev                  [BitCoinNational][groggin]
Tekcoin                 Rate of return ~20% a month depending on difficulty            ,Dev Noise23      
Vcash/VNL                                                                                                ,JohnConner                      [groggin]
ZEIT                     15% (dropping down to 5% 2017)                                      ,Dev Rent_a_Ray                [kiklo][groggin]

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1024

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:36:36 AM

ignore all those old pos coin, the best one with the new pos system with voting is decred, it's also the most profitable, to put thing into perspective, with 1k decred you can earn 0.03 bitcoin a day at least

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:08:36 PM

personally i ignore new ICO coins
sorry been around the block more than thrice Wink

but DCR is listed in the DIR  Grin

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:31:37 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 10:43:17 PM by kiklo

Posted this in another forum , but relevant to why people will prefer Proof of Stake to Proof of Work in the Long Run.

Proof of Stake is the only way to make money in the long run , buying Sterile BTC or Tokens that can not make more of themselves is Pure Speculation.

Example: It is like a farmer buying a herd of cattle that are sterile. He only makes money if the market is higher when he has to sell, if the market is down when he has to sell , he just wasted his Time & Money, where if he buys a herd of cattle that can produce Offspring, he is able to keep his original amount of cattle and sell off any excess , therefore giving him a
Lifetime of Revenue verses a One-time Completely Speculative Time Sensitive Investment

Cool

FYI:
This example was used , because in the evolution of PoW mining , the Elite Few always end up controlling the ability to generate new PoW coins due to economic factors.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:11:19 PM

sprouts as well not on list. 1 billion coins, 2% a day ready for staking at day 5.

netcoin has pir rate. its halved and is now 45% a year at 10 million coins, i think 35% at 1 million scales up to 45% between 1-10 million. stakes every 6 hours, low cpu wallet small blockchain. i like getting smaller more regular stakes on bittrex @ 82 sat atm each.

i have some tekcoin but i dislike the 30 day wait other than that its good.

i tried hyperstake but the competitive staking model wasnt for me and having to worry about input sizes. i just wanted drop in wallet and forget.

staking is a nice alternative to pow mining. you should do your ownresearch before investing and if still keen i recommend getting a small amount 0.2btc maybe worth to trial of the pos coins you like.
ChrisHaefner (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:58:22 AM

Wow thank you guys so much! I by bo means expected this much information! I have some research to do but thank you all! This is awesome!
Bigjohnson124

Activity: 288
Merit: 100

Netcoins are the best coins!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 04:39:25 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 06:58:58 PM by Bigjohnson124

Netcoin has a sliding scale PIR or personal interest rate. You chose the rate by how many coins you hold. Also with OWI or open wallet incentive, you will compound the coins earned over to the next stake. So literally you earn more % with every stake.

http://netcoin.io/new-to-net/#toggle-id-7
http://masfuertequeelhierro.com/NET-CALC.html

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: