Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:06:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GambleForCharity.com  (Read 451 times)
ctrlphreak (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:37:52 AM

Random idea I had today,
I bought the domain "GambleForCharity.com". Here's my gameplan.

I plan on making a Satoshi Dice like site but rather than the house taking a rake (actually a small one for operating costs, but about 10% of SD) where players place their bets, and can choose where a chosen % goes, either to them selves, or to charity.

Here's what I'd like from the public: get some charities to sign up for something like BitInstant, or Coinbase that sweeps the BTC to their preferred currency.

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cardinalG

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:39:54 AM

Sounds like a great plan and could help further publicize bitcoins in a positive light, though it has the gambling connection which isn't too friendly when coupled with the term charity. Instead of a player losing $1,000 and $1 or whatever of it going to charity, they could have just donated 1,000x that amount. Still a great idea regardless and it benefits everyone, but let's see how the execution goes.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:21:51 AM

anyone can send money to charity

but this takes real skills:

I plan on making a Satoshi Dice like site

i wonder if you've thought about how this works behind the scenes.

i'm genuinely curious how would one go about achieving this.

i suspect they (erik, etc) make it look easy when the reality is quite different.
iHeartSmartArt

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:32:45 PM

Hi I am new. 1st post. Give me a chance. 

i like the idea of free bit sites. i have been looking at a few different styles.
No offense but when i try bit gambling games , i get the sense that randomness is completly off and it is letting me win the first few times so id get hooked. but i never stay..

I would like to see more free bit sites powered by the adds you have to click through a few pages to get to the bit claim part where you enter your wallet.

receive bit coins on a semi regular basis. once a week, and a % fee of the adds go to charity, AND a jackpot awarded to every 3000th person visiting the site.

This is my idea. sound plausible?

You are just in time for the first anonymous digital currency. https://darkcointalk.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: