Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:39:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GambleForCharity.com  (Read 451 times)
ctrlphreak (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:37:52 AM

Random idea I had today,
I bought the domain "GambleForCharity.com". Here's my gameplan.

I plan on making a Satoshi Dice like site but rather than the house taking a rake (actually a small one for operating costs, but about 10% of SD) where players place their bets, and can choose where a chosen % goes, either to them selves, or to charity.

Here's what I'd like from the public: get some charities to sign up for something like BitInstant, or Coinbase that sweeps the BTC to their preferred currency.

Thoughts?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cardinalG

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:39:54 AM

Sounds like a great plan and could help further publicize bitcoins in a positive light, though it has the gambling connection which isn't too friendly when coupled with the term charity. Instead of a player losing $1,000 and $1 or whatever of it going to charity, they could have just donated 1,000x that amount. Still a great idea regardless and it benefits everyone, but let's see how the execution goes.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:21:51 AM

anyone can send money to charity

but this takes real skills:

I plan on making a Satoshi Dice like site

i wonder if you've thought about how this works behind the scenes.

i'm genuinely curious how would one go about achieving this.

i suspect they (erik, etc) make it look easy when the reality is quite different.
iHeartSmartArt

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:32:45 PM

Hi I am new. 1st post. Give me a chance. 

i like the idea of free bit sites. i have been looking at a few different styles.
No offense but when i try bit gambling games , i get the sense that randomness is completly off and it is letting me win the first few times so id get hooked. but i never stay..

I would like to see more free bit sites powered by the adds you have to click through a few pages to get to the bit claim part where you enter your wallet.

receive bit coins on a semi regular basis. once a week, and a % fee of the adds go to charity, AND a jackpot awarded to every 3000th person visiting the site.

This is my idea. sound plausible?

You are just in time for the first anonymous digital currency. https://darkcointalk.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: