Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:27:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rimbit to start looking for Corporate Investors after 2 years solo  (Read 3319 times)
rimbit (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 10:35:18 AM

Before we do any major thing on Rimbit, we ask the community what they think.

We are now discussing getting some Corporate Investors to take Rimbit to the next level.

Some of the features Rimbit does have are:

• Premine - No guessing the future as all coins are available for the consumer
  • No mining required - Means that all control has been snatched from the miners and is now in control of wallet holders who are the ones that do validation and confirmations
  • Established for 2 years and that means we have some history and proven the concept of a minerless system

The goal as presented by the community, is that we use Corporate influence to boost awareness of Rimbit as the primary objective.

You can follow the thread at http://rimbit.com/threads/should-rimbit-go-corporate.2430/
You can PM me or post contact details on that forum

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
UKBob

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:34:09 AM

With the right corporate backers combined with the excellent existing Rimbit community, I believe Rimbit can reach the heights that few coins have done so already.

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
CelluleRB

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:33:37 PM

Rimbit is now ready for that move. It has a lot to offer, including a really positive and well alive community.
ibizz5ho

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:49:23 PM

I don't think corporate is a bad thing. As most retail is done by corporate, it makes sense that you would include them in your plans. I myself would love to be able to buy things online with rimbit, in the same way I can with bitcoin.
Fireguy71

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 05:28:45 PM

As an established community based coin and over two years in existence with the right financial backers there is a huge upside.
It will be interesting to see how this roles out. 
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:32:55 PM

Sorry but what the hell is rimbit?

I love when only jr accounts jumps in front of the queue and throw comments like there is no tomorrow.

Hehe like this line:

CelluleRB

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:26:00 AM

I love when only jr accounts jumps in front of the queue and throw comments like there is no tomorrow.

Hehe like this line:

https://i.imgur.com/ULbU6Kz.png

Hi, thank you for the welcome post. You are also welcome to read more about Rimbit here: http://rimbit.com

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:35:49 AM

Rimbit is the shit your dog does after eating shit , concentrated high potent shitcoin
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:46:39 AM

Hehe like this line:

Useless coin that has a market cap of millions on $30 daily trade volume. Looks like they have heaps of sock pupets too.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Corepolitics

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:04:37 AM

Code:
UkBob
CelluleRB
ibizz5ho
Fireguy71

Added to sockpuppet list.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 06:26:42 AM

Code:
UkBob
CelluleRB
ibizz5ho
Fireguy71

Added to sockpuppet list.

They do have a forum or a world of their own,there advantages and disadvantages on what they are offering,they are 100% premine so the devs and the admins takes all the profits ..

You don't have to mine it so no energy cost what soever so it's up to you if you want to support or not this venture

UKBob

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:31:02 AM

Quote from: UKBob

Code:
Corepolitics

Added to plonker list.

And a big hello to you too.

Instead of trying to be funny, why not engage?  Tell us what you think of various coins or what you think of Rimbit and why you think this way.  Instead of having a go, try to educate.

We all have to start somewhere and those listed by you started with Rimbit.  So what was your way into the world of cryptos?  Did you make a bad move or have you had startling success every time? 

Rimbit was my way in and I have contributed as best I can.  Indeed from the discussions, I have branched out into other altcoins and now hold 4 coins.  Not much but a start. 

x13

Activity: 336

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:46:15 AM

I have taken a look at Rimit since a almost six weeks. I like the concept behind the coin but the trading volume is always very very low.
This was the reason why I have not invested in the coin yet. If the new corporate investors will change that then it will be more attractive for other crypto investors.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:46:51 AM

INDIEGOGO - The best place to get your Rimbit - Get it now while it's easily affordable - Your Choice - Click Here

I have reported to Indiegogo your illegal selling of investments as Perks.

You are violating their policies as well ostensibly selling illegal unregistered investment securities to USA investors.

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:44:09 PM

And it looks like Rimbit -Rambo coin will be stoped. Hey sock puppets with JR in front , please tell me how this is so innovative and good?
I had great time when my antminer /jalapeno/ sticks was mining btc for me.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:46:17 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 11:38:17 PM by TPTB_need_war

Indiegogo has replied:

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. At this time, the campaign is under review to ensure that it adheres to our Terms of Use (http://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms). We will follow up with you if we have any further questions.

So what happens now? We will include the information you have provided along with all other information at our disposal in our review of the campaign. In some cases, we will contact the campaign owner to have them edit their campaign and it will remain on our platform. If the project doesn't follow our rules, we may remove the campaign. We may also restrict the campaign owner's future activities on Indiegogo.

To protect our users' privacy, we're unable to share the action we take. At Indiegogo, we take the trust and safety of our community very seriously, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this review process. To learn more about Indiegogo’s Trust & Safety effort, please visit: www.indiegogo.com/trust

Please note that you do not need to contact us again. Doing so would create a new ticket and prolong the process. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch with us and for helping to keep Indiegogo a safe and secure platform.

I replied in email:

Quote from: myself @ email
In addition to numerous instances in the comments and write up on the Indiegogo campaign of Rimbit promoting the future rise in value of the Rimbit tokens it is selling on Indiegogo, there is also this additional evidence on Bitcointalk.org (the prominent crypto currency speculation forum):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1417914.msg14373357#msg14373357

Rimbit is clearly in violation:

Prohibited Perks

Campaign Owners are not permitted to offer or provide any of the following as a Perk:

• any form of "security" (as such term is defined in the Securities Act of 1933);
  • any form of financial incentive or participation in any profit sharing;

Also Rimbit lies on its Indiegogo page:

We took our Inspiration from Apple!

Rimbit does exactly the same things as Bitcoin, but in such a way that it has removed all the complication, industrialization and centralization

We removed all the junk associated with Bitcoin

As Bitcoin is now starting to fail due to mining, will you have Rimbit, the most logical Champion to Bitcoin that has been built to last forever.

It is the only currency that has a future that can be passed down through Generations!

Bitcoin gained in value over the years, can Rimbit do the same?

Bitcoin went from nothing to over $300 plus [...]

The same can be said about Rimbit, so all it takes to make Rimbit soar, is for everyone to promote Rimbit around the world. The more people doing that, the quicker it will grow and the higher value it will get.

For example, Etherium has skyrocketed to $13 in a year and that is all due to its community getting behind the coin.

The answer is again a matter of being Simple.

We want to keep all of Rimbit out of Corporate hands, so we dont end up like Bitcoin.

Compare what Rimbit writes here in this forum:

We are now discussing getting some Corporate Investors to take Rimbit to the next level.

Some of the features Rimbit does have are:

• Premine - No guessing the future as all coins are available for the consumer

First option was to give it away.
This did nothing for the value, nor did it help develop the coin, even though we do admire people working to create free software, but also knowing these people have bills to pay

The second option was to premine 100%, an option that we didnt want to do, due to public opinion, but we did want to do, because it solved many issues surrounding crypto.
We could pay for developers, staff and services needed to run a coin
We could setup a system that when the community started to increase in numbers, that the community could start taking over the daily operation of Rimbit and get paid to do it as we slowly started taking a backseat to the community, thereby moving it from full centralization to a community group managed decentralized coin.

[...]

We dont believe we need any whizzbang features, because Rimbit is built just to be a simple currency

But, as we decided to take the big chance of going against everything Crypto by doing what we did, We knew that there would be an inherent dislike

[...]

Rimbit's shareholders are its members

Not to mention they are lying about being the first to sell an ICO, do proof-of-stake, and to use stake to do governance voting. Bitshares and Nxt already do this.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:49:13 AM

I caught Rimbit changing the title of their Indiegogo campaign, ostensibly to hide the fact they were just scamming on the jealousy emotions of speculators:

This is Google's cache of https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-are-the-future-for-crypto-currency. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 3 Feb 2016 12:57:45 GMT.

Missed out on Bitcoin - Here is your Second Chance

The current campaign title is:

Revolutionary and Established Digital Currency

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:29:01 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 02:19:29 AM by TPTB_need_war

Those who purchased Rimbit via Indiegogo should be demanding a refund from their credit card company now, because the campaign violated Indiegogo's Terms of Service on Prohibited Perks, thus the tokens will now be scorned and worthless.

This $151,806 loss for Indiegogo and huge number of chargebacks jeopardizing their merchant account relationship with the credit card companies, will hopefully incentivize Indiegogo to take legal action against Marcelo Karlsson. Hopefully they will also report him to the SEC so they can hopefully begin an investigation into the investments scams in crypto currency.

I have an inkling this smallish scam may be the one that ignites the fire that brings down the entire ICO altcoin ecosystem.

Edit: the SEC has recently warned about those who are getting involved in these crypto-currency scams and I hope Indiegogo takes the SEC warning seriously.

kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:00:29 AM

Those who purchased Rimbit via Indiegogo should be demanding a refund from their credit card company now, because the campaign violated Indiegogo's Terms of Service on Prohibited Perks, thus the tokens will now be scorned and worthless.

This $150,806 loss for Indiegogo and huge number of chargebacks jeopardizing their merchant account relationship with the credit card companies, will hopefully incentivize Indiegogo to take legal action against Marcelo Karlsson. Hopefully they will also report him to the SEC so they can hopefully begin an investigation into the investments scams in crypto currency.

I have an inkling this smallish scam may be the one that ignites the fire that brings down the entire ICO altcoin ecosystem.

Edit: the SEC has recently warned about those who are getting involved in these crypto-currency scams and I hope Indiegogo takes the SEC warning seriously.

The SEC warning on vitual currency ponzi schemes is THE most important piece of news I've seen in the cryptosphere in a long time. TPTB has been warning us of these consequences for a long while now. The crackdown will change everything.
UKBob

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:45:00 AM

I caught Rimbit changing the title of their Indiegogo campaign, ostensibly to hide the fact they were just scamming on the jealousy emotions of speculators:

The title changes on a regular basis, look most weeks and you will see it change.  Nothing happening here, move along please.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: