Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rimbit to start looking for Corporate Investors after 2 years solo  (Read 3319 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 11:28:49 AM

Here is his LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-karlsson-1617619b

UKBob

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:12:54 PM

Excellent thanks!  It is good to know that the dev of a coin is not afraid to be visible in public - very re-assuring Smiley

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:25:38 PM

Excellent thanks!  It is good to know that the dev of a coin is not afraid to be visible in public - very re-assuring Smiley

Remember this sockpuppet scammer, "Bernie" Madoff, Mark Karpeles, and many other convicted and alleged criminals were not afraid to be visible in public.

Mark Karlsson doesn't have the education nor technical skills to be starting any crypto-currency.

UKBob

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:33:15 PM

Excellent thanks!  It is good to know that the dev of a coin is not afraid to be visible in public - very re-assuring Smiley

Remember this sockpuppet scammer, "Bernie" Madoff, Mark Karpeles, and many other convicted and alleged criminals are not afraid to be visible in public.

Gosh that insult really hurt me, I am in tears...NOT  Grin

Question for you - how many altcoins have their devs visible on social media?  Keep it simple - all, most, some, few?

Second question - if you buy a scam coin would you rather the people were visible or not?

Third question - if you buy a coin that may* have potential, would you rather the people were visible or not?

*For the benefit of SEC/IGG there is no intent to suggest that this is in reference to Rimbit. Smiley

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:36:09 PM

Your pitiful attempt to argue that Rimbit is not a scam perpetrated by a criminal mindset is disingenuous or delusion or both:

I am not convinced that these are scams from the beginning

Do you still suck your thumb also  Huh

Are flies just randomly aimlessly flying when they get stuck in the honey.

Are criminals orders-of-magnitude more likely to break into homes that have no security system and especially when they use social networking to know which families are on vacation.

Some people need to get out more and learn about the world.

A criminal mind is always looking for a rationalization within which they can justify the odds of doing unethical and often illegal activities, and try to get away with it. An upstanding person, just doesn't get involved in such things because they are careful not to.

UKBob

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:40:15 PM

Mark Karlsson doesn't have the education nor technical skills to be starting any crypto-currency.

You are editing your posts too quickly!

But even though he does not, you allege, have the education or technical skills, he has done just that - started a crypto currency which has lasted 2 years so far.  Not only that he has found a problem with BTC which means that it loops and will produce BTC for ever and ever. Hmmmm, I think it is safe to call you out on that statement.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:43:15 PM

But even though he does not, you allege, have the education or technical skills, he has done just that - started a crypto currency which has lasted 2 years so far.

He created a scam, not a crypto-currency. Focus on the word 'currency' and go learn what it means.

I heard a copycoin can be created for less than 1 BTC. You are arguing that anyone with 1 BTC can create a currency, which is ludicrous.

UKBob

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:54:11 PM

But even though he does not, you allege, have the education or technical skills, he has done just that - started a crypto currency which has lasted 2 years so far.

He created a scam, not a crypto-currency. Focus on the word 'currency' and go learn what it means.

I heard a copycoin can be created for less than 1 BTC. You are arguing that anyone with 1 BTC can create a currency, which is ludicrous.

Having studied economics at university I know what currency is.

However I do not need a degree to see that you are throwing out insults and accusations and not answering any questions properly.  I think the word for that is "troll".

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:58:25 PM

So tell us mr. accomplice scammer, which key properties of a currency does the Rimbit scam have?

UKBob

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:12:34 PM

So tell us mr. accomplice scammer, which key properties of a currency does the Rimbit scam have?

Well you are getting silly now Mr Troll (I have assumed you are a Mr but apologies to all men if you are not).

Tell you what.  There are many definitions of what currency is and rather than me pick one for you to go "bah humbug" to why do you not pick one (fairly well know and accepted would be sensible) and then we can see what coins do or not fit the description. 

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:15:17 PM

Mark, since you have thus revealed you lied about your education while hiding behind a sockpuppet newbie account, given that there is only one definition that is relevant to "crypto-currency", I will share the definition which the Rimbit scam does not fulfill.

currency
   widely accepted unit-of-exchange

Now if I had written "crypto-asset", then a reasonably liquid store-of-value would be an acceptable property, which the Rimbit scam also does not fulfill.

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:11:07 AM

Hey rimbit dev/owner etc ....i would like to put my hands on that script which was clone of localbitcoins.

Can you help me with this one? Will pay you with bitcoins Grin
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:36:28 AM

What do you think is wrong with premined coins?

99% of the scams in altcoin scene has been with premine/ico/pos/instamine coins.

Do you know why distribution through POW mining is fair? Because it allows outsiders to get coins WITHOUT BUYING THEM FROM A CURRENT HOLDER.

Premine 100% ? What a fucking joke. Do you seriously think there is any future to this setup.
DEV can take as much as he wants. He can say coins has been distributed across 100 000 wallets (but he will say people) but that doesn't mean jack shit if he owns 80% of those wallets.

And BTW, why the name? Do you know what a RIMJOB is??

I posted this in RimBit ann but  I think it will be deleted since it's moderated, so I'm posting here too.

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:09:08 PM

I aggree.

Premine is bulshit..

If coins not mined then no trust in the system.

Thats why bitcoin is so succesfull.
Satoshi didnt wanna be like rimbit
CelluleRB

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:25:47 PM

Well you are getting silly now Mr Troll (I have assumed you are a Mr but apologies to all men if you are not).

Tell you what.  There are many definitions of what currency is and rather than me pick one for you to go "bah humbug" to why do you not pick one (fairly well know and accepted would be sensible) and then we can see what coins do or not fit the description. 

UkBob, sorry to disagree... But a real man don't do what he does. It is a well known fact in psychology that when you are weak, you need to make other look weak so you can be as tall and strong as they are. This being said, Rimbit has a lot to offer to new investors, and that's what makes some afraid that their world is going to change. Not necessarily disapear (as they think, so the aggressivity), but change. New coins like Rimbit will rise up, that's a fact. For now, it's the first offering new ways of thinking, and it is hard to swallow for those whom really believe that things are ok and they don't need to be change. But changes are needed, and Rimbit is there to show the way. Plain and simple. I am guilty of bein a rookie here... So far, so good for a warm welcoming! So, for you other newbies here, I welcome you to go to the Rimbit forum and have a men to men talk about Rimbit, and I am sure we'll also welcome you correctly as well. Smiley
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:55:29 PM

How soon can I start investing or raising funds?

We’re still at the early stages of exploring the best way to bring equity crowdfunding to Indiegogo. If you’re interested, you can stay in the loop to receive updates – we’d love for you to join the conversation and to get your insight.

Who can start an equity crowdfunding project?

Your venture or project needs to be incorporated in the United States to start an equity crowdfunding project. Refer to the newly passed Title IV of the JOBS Act for two different tiers of projects you can start.

How hard is it to get started?

Since this is a regulated process, there is some legwork to be done. But fear not, we will support and help you seamlessly kick off and manage your project.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:27:25 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 06:40:01 AM by TPTB_need_war

I don't know if you can see this if you are not signed in as me? This is the support ticket for my complaint about selling Prohibited Perks:

https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/requests/902962?flash_digest=b83dc17225807b06f0e829ba0177d8a327e55445

Quote from: myself
I presume Indiegogo is aware of the sort of mess that violation of the Prohibited Perks policy could cause for Indiegogo's merchant account and relationship with the credit card companies and/or other repudiable payment providers such as Paypal:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1417914.msg14382292#msg14382292

I am not a hater, but I am just being pragmatic here about the law, societal norms, and financial risk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218399.msg14405364#msg14405364

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218399.msg14273014#msg14273014

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:34:51 AM

Rimbit is prob the biggest Joke in the cryptocurrency world!!! as well as one of the biggest SCAM's . make a cheap clone POS shitcoin , premine it all and then sell it to ignorant fools who dont have a clue about Crypto's who believe the spiel that its the revolutionary new money of the world and will overthrow Bitcoin in no time!!! What a joke, at the end of the day its a crap POS coin with absolutely nothing going for it that the dev premined and sold at a rip off price!!! There are countless other POS coins that werent distributed as an outright scam and actually have innovation and amazing features, why on earth would anyone be interested in Rimjobs in any way. Its such a joke!!! And the fanbois on there lol, if you want a great laugh go check out their forum and videos, its highly entertaining shit!!! Smiley

And unfortunately Indiegogo hasn't replied further and appears to be doing nothing about this. More people have been allowed to contribute to the campaign since I reported the Prohibited Perks to Indiegogo.

Indiegogo is now knowingly facilitating this investment fraud.

elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:42:07 AM

Rimbit is prob the biggest Joke in the cryptocurrency world!!! as well as one of the biggest SCAM's . make a cheap clone POS shitcoin , premine it all and then sell it to ignorant fools who dont have a clue about Crypto's who believe the spiel that its the revolutionary new money of the world and will overthrow Bitcoin in no time!!! What a joke, at the end of the day its a crap POS coin with absolutely nothing going for it that the dev premined and sold at a rip off price!!! There are countless other POS coins that werent distributed as an outright scam and actually have innovation and amazing features, why on earth would anyone be interested in Rimjobs in any way. Its such a joke!!! And the fanbois on there lol, if you want a great laugh go check out their forum and videos, its highly entertaining shit!!! Smiley
That's always just predicting, but indeed, these days its carefull to watch...
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:50:58 AM

And unfortunately Indiegogo hasn't replied further and appears to be doing nothing about this. More people have been allowed to contribute to the campaign since I reported the Prohibited Perks to Indiegogo.

Indiegogo is now knowingly facilitating this investment fraud.

So many days have transpired and Indiegogo has not stopped this campaign which continues to receive new contributions which are ostensibly being offered rimbit tokens in exchange:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-better-bitcoin-will-you-wait-till-its-to-late/x/13712033#/funders

The last response I had from Rimbit was dated April 3:

Brian Sunday at 08:19
Hi Shelby,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. At this time, the campaign is under review to ensure that it adheres to our Terms of Use (http://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms).

So what happens now? We will include the information you have provided along with all other information at our disposal in our review of the campaign. In some cases, we will contact the campaign owner to have them edit their campaign and it will remain on our platform. If the project doesn't follow our rules, we may remove the campaign. We may also restrict the campaign owner's future activities on Indiegogo.

To protect our users' privacy, we're unable to share the action we take. At Indiegogo, we take the trust and safety of our community very seriously, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this review process. To learn more about Indiegogo’s Trust & Safety effort, please visit: www.indiegogo.com/trust

Please note that you do not need to contact us again. Doing so would create a new ticket and prolong the process. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch with us and for helping to keep Indiegogo a safe and secure platform.

Regards,

Brian
Trust and Safety

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: