Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will you start to sell half of your coins?
I do it daily
at $30
at $100
at $1000
at $10,000
Below 200day SMA
Not in latest 10 years

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When are you going to cash out?  (Read 11038 times)
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:39:55 PM

I would buy some silver as insurance. Otherwise I will start my journey around the globe as an eccentric vagabond.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siggy

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:46:14 PM

When Bitcoin becomes a value store worth a hundred billion dollars in todays value I will sell 1/2 of my holdings to purchase myself a yacht.
The remainder will be comfortably lived on.

100 000 000 000 / 21 000 000 = 4761.9047619

actually, quite similar thinking here.. except I'll be cashing out enough to pay off all my FIAT debt (including mortgages) when it hits $4,000 per BTC.

the rest will be providing hookers and blow a very comfortable retirement.

Sigg
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:47:59 PM

Bitcoin is not working the way that it needs to in my opinion, I am hopeful that ltc will bring the bitcoin community in line. What I see is a bunch of banker wannabees
a bunch of speculators and greedy people. I love the idea, but I think the community that bitcoin has built is based on greed bitcoin is already a manipulated market people are just holding coins off the market, just like gold and silver manipulation. I hope ltc coin takes off fast and makes it more accessible and brings the btc price down.

You're hoping that LTC, which is only used by emo-sad miners that want to just print their own money again because of their greed....does something other than that? You make me laugh.

He is still mad that theymos didn't know who was and let him hold on to 500BTC funds for the forum. Kinda getting annoying with his whining. Bitcoins is not for 12yrs.

Dude I dont want those coins, I am 31 I am married I have a son and another child on the way. I have been a business owner for years.

If you dont see that ltc is going to be huge you are a fool. It will help regulate the cost of btc and if they get manipulated then their will be another coin. If your coins are over valued and hard to get people will buy litecoins which are undervalued and easy to get. It is not rocket science guys not much barriers to entry for new coins. Bitcoin is not the only game in town.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:49:56 PM

I am 31 I am married I have a son and another child on the way. I have been a business owner for years.

You should be embarrassed at the way you whine, I wouldn't have told anyone your 31 cause I seen 16yrs on here act better than you.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:55:47 PM

Bitcoin is not working the way that it needs to in my opinion, I am hopeful that ltc will bring the bitcoin community in line. What I see is a bunch of banker wannabees
a bunch of speculators and greedy people. I love the idea, but I think the community that bitcoin has built is based on greed bitcoin is already a manipulated market people are just holding coins off the market, just like gold and silver manipulation. I hope ltc coin takes off fast and makes it more accessible and brings the btc price down.

Greed is part of human nature.  Little old ladies stash cash under their mattresses, people hoard precious metals in safety deposit boxes, doomsday preppers hoard food & guns....

LTC will be no different if it gains popularity.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

what the problem? What exactly dont you like about me?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:58:47 PM

LTC is a BTC clone with a different hashing algorithm, it is like btc.

This said, cashing out? Do you mean cashing out dollars or euros to get bitcoin, am i right? Because no way i'll sell BTC, at most i use them to buy things  Wink

SaintFlow

Activity: 476

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:03:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

go and keep the cash

let me point out some things to you:

- i find your lack of faith disturbing
- one does not simply cash out of bitcoin
- at the moment I am waiting for the ohsomighty eagle gobermint to ask for forgiveness
- i sall not grant it
- continue to use their monopoly credit money to buy real estate and let people pay it off with rent
- save for retirement in a really hard currency - the bitcoin

you are welcome

don't let me make you question your assumptions
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:12:21 PM

Never.

(sublime, I see you're making friends everywhere...)

(ps. Gweedo is a notorious angry troll.  Not sure why...)
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:16:19 PM

If your coins are over valued and hard to get people will buy litecoins which are undervalued and easy to get.

The divisibility of a bitcoin makes this argument invalid. People can acquire whatever fraction of a coin is required for their transaction.

Really? you are kidding right? Ya bitcoins are dividable but what the @#$5 does that matter if people hold all the coins do you see how many say I will sell when btc is 4k a coin. @ that guy Screw you buddy i hope it goes to zero. I will be laughing my ass off. If everyone just holds coins this thing will not work.
Walter Rothbard

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 08:18:23 PM

the community that bitcoin has built is based on greed

People will only serve me if there is something in it for them.

Walter Rothbard

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 08:21:53 PM

If you dont see that ltc is going to be huge you are a fool. It will help regulate the cost of btc and if they get manipulated then their will be another coin. If your coins are over valued and hard to get people will buy litecoins which are undervalued and easy to get. It is not rocket science guys not much barriers to entry for new coins. Bitcoin is not the only game in town.

You're right: it's not rocket science.  But in this case, it's opinion (overvalued/undervalued) stated as fact, with disrespect shown toward anyone who disagrees with you.

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:22:53 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2013, 08:33:39 PM by humanitee

Man, sublime is one butt hurt guy.

Define greed? I'm holding BTC because fiat is trash and I've already missed the PM train. I won't sell it because I'm my own bank now. It's almost like I'm using Bitcoin the way it was designed to be used.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 08:29:23 PM

cashing out now $_$

Cheesy

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:29:47 PM

(ps. Gweedo is a notorious angry troll.  Not sure why...)

I am notoriously an angry troll? Pretty sure I am not angry LOL but you are all over me dude, if anyone is angry it is you...
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:31:12 PM

I understand that fiat is trash I dont hold it either speculate in silver and gold let the currency be bitcoin or any other digital currency. I am in it to defund the government and crush the banks that enslave people with debt. If you cant get them and price is always volatile they wont use it and a new market will pop up. The idea is out it is just a matter of who is going to make it work for everyone.  
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:34:50 PM

@ BCB People either love me or they hate me I make friends and enemies everywhere I go.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 10:19:07 PM

- i find your lack of faith disturbing
That's your prerogative. But remember, faith in an idea doesn't preclude skepticism about its prototyped implementation.

Isn't that a problem?

I mean, sure, you can make arguments that on the fundamentals BTC is a better currency than FRNs. But right now FRNs have better purchase utility, so the fact that it's hard to exchange BTC for fiat... doesn't that hamper BTC's usefulness?

Unless this was just a throwaway line about how BTC is so cool that you should never want to cash out.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 10:23:48 PM

so the fact that it's hard to exchange BTC for fiat... doesn't that hamper BTC's usefulness?
Converting btc with fiat is hard, that's true and is exactly why we need BTC, because it will finally allow us to buy something in an easy way. If buying or selling BTC was easy, then well, we would not even need it!

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 10:49:38 PM

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: