Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:49:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Bitcoin = $1,000,000  (Read 9266 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:44:02 PM

i have never liked these types of speculation, they look like wishes more than speculation based on facts. and i don't see any valid reason why bitcoin can grow that much here.

i completely agree with you. i really don't know why people keep thinking about prices higher than $10,000 while we haven't even managed to break through $600 or even $1000 again. there is really no point in doing that. if at some point the price goes over $1000 again, then i can kinda understand that people start to fantasize about bitcoin reaching $2000 and higher. but so far we are faaaaar away from reaching the $1000 price level.

I don't think it can reach to $1k easily as we are waiting since long time to reach to $500 mark so even $1k seems bot be impossible for me.

i also don't think we'll see the price touch the $1000 price level any time soon. that's why i said 'if at some point the price goes over $1000 again'. Wink
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:57:24 PM

i have never liked these types of speculation, they look like wishes more than speculation based on facts. and i don't see any valid reason why bitcoin can grow that much here.
It is hard to believe it ever will reach that amount per coin. It sounds more like a reach for the stars type conversation. But we all have dreams and goals  Wink
Just don't be the one who has to buy at that time. Cheesy

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:57:26 PM

Entirely possible but what is 1,000,000 going to be worth in 20 years with the rate of inflation?  Bitcoin should be 10,000,000 in 20 years to keep up.

I love Bitcoin
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:09:04 PM

Entirely possible but what is 1,000,000 going to be worth in 20 years with the rate of inflation?  Bitcoin should be 10,000,000 in 20 years to keep up.

I guess the OP meant $1,000,000 today's value.

I totally agree that when the value of bitcoin increases, most likely the value of dollars will be moving in the opposite direction as people are switching to digital currency.

Maybe we should measure value by using other more meaningful units, such as a loaf of 500g bread?
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:25:21 PM

Each person own 1 Bitcoin and hold on to it for 20+ years.

Bitcoin is the best investment of all time. Owning Bitcoin is better than owning a house.

Indeed, anyone not owning at least 1 BTC by 2016 is doing extremely wrong, specially if this person has been on this forum for a while.
And about 21 trillion dollars for 1 million per coin, I don't think marketcaps are calculated that way. It would actually take less trillions to reach 1 million per coin.

It's perfectly possible to reach 1 million per coin over the next decade or two. Gold has trillions invested, and only some of this migrating into Bitcoin will make the price explode, since the marketcap of today is super tiny.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:30:17 PM

Are you buying? I have never sold a bitcoin, but if that's your price then I would part with one of them.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:59:17 PM

this is just like a Dream. I wish it happen one day. but it will not happen so soon.. it almost take 20 to 30 years. 1 bitcoin equal to 1 million US Dollar is not play of child. developers have to lots of work, bitcoin must be used in whole world by every single person. then may be the price go up.

Wrong, gold is not used anywhere and it has trillions for marketcap.
We just need some gold users, some assets, some equities, real state, and random holders, then we can go to the moon without necessarly becoming the #1 used currency on the planet. Theres trillions and trillions in debt, if that money went to BTC we can hit 1,000,000 tomorrow.
KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:07:10 AM

Are you buying? I have never sold a uᴉoɔʇᴉq, but if that's your price then I would part with one of them.

Its a good decision to sell if it reaches $1000000 or to the person who has the willing to buy at the quoted price.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Lokfar

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:46:20 AM

It is not possible mate, you can now even see around this time that Bitcoin is not even rising now so that is never possible that it will have that high value later.
That you are positive is very good, but you must be also realistic and that value is not realistic.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:36:49 AM

This is just so unrealistic in my eyes, this will never be possible, this is just like a 1april fool because the fact is that the bitcoin do not even proven itself at the moment.
1 million is just not reachable, the 10k is even never reached by far so that is even the question if it ever will reach the 10k and at least the 5k...
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:32:41 AM

$1,000,000 per bitcoin is so impossible...I don't know why have that kind of idea..If it reaches that price, probably we are all not gonna see that, maybe the generation after our children could..  Smiley
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:40:02 AM

Once the QE money gets into the economy, $1 million will equal $100,000.  Then 20 more years will be good for another 10x or more increase in money supply, so by then, $1 millioin will equal $10,000 of today's cash.  Maybe original poster low-balled.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:54:58 AM

I don't know why people expecting such numbers? This is impossible.
Also this is very wrong picture presented,  and as such can make people lose their money. And everybody here are responsible. For this price somebody must give $1,000,000 for bitcoin. Who will be that guy?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:01:41 AM

Once the QE money gets into the economy, $1 million will equal $100,000.  Then 20 more years will be good for another 10x or more increase in money supply, so by then, $1 millioin will equal $10,000 of today's cash.  Maybe original poster low-balled.

Have you been sleeping well lately?

Indeed, fiat currencies will only lose value as we burn through the years, but not as dramatically as you claim. But then again, that will reflect in Bitcoin gaining even more value compared to the USD. Especially when Bitcoin gets its own value.
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:11:42 AM

Indeed, fiat currencies will only lose value as we burn through the years, but not as dramatically as you claim. But then again, that will reflect in Bitcoin gaining even more value compared to the USD. Especially when Bitcoin gets its own value.
Please explain what is current value of bitcoin and how we can measure it in the future? I'm not convinced bitcoin can do such miracles as you are saying..If dollar goes down electricity will go up and miners will be in danger, so will be and bitcoin.
romjpn

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:09:23 AM

Also this is very wrong picture presented,  and as such can make people lose their money. And everybody here are responsible. For this price somebody must give $1,000,000 for bitcoin. Who will be that guy?

Or 1k USD for 0.001 BTC. What if we deal mainly with satoshis in the future ?  Grin  
Just a bit provocative though. I estimate that 1 BTC = 10K USD present value in 5 to 10 years would be good though to support a nice growth and a good amount of FIAT flowing in.

---~~~***~~~--- http://InvestBitcoinGuide.com ---~~~***~~~---
Invest your bitcoins/altcoins into legit businesses. Get solid returns !
We hate scams and ponzis !
Fidemoga

Activity: 302

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:19:53 PM

Or 1k USD for 0.001 BTC. What if we deal mainly with satoshis in the future ?  Grin  
Just a bit provocative though. I estimate that 1 BTC = 10K USD present value in 5 to 10 years would be good though to support a nice growth and a good amount of FIAT flowing in.

I also think the bitcoin price will be $10k in 5 to 10 years. But it still depends on the number of transactions.
Antesth

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:31:21 PM

I do not see this happen at all, its just unrealistic and not possible at all in my eyes.
BrockHunter

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:36:24 PM

People hope that this is going to happen in the future that is way they never sell anything now. It is a gamble because you do not know what is going to happen with Bitcoin in the future.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:55:18 PM

People hope that this is going to happen in the future that is way they never sell anything now. It is a gamble because you do not know what is going to happen with Bitcoin in the future.

nah, it is an investment not a gamble there is a huge difference between these two.
it is not like gambling because you can study the market and do some analysis then make a decision based on your speculation then invest and it wouldn't be like waking up one morning seeing price is 0

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████