Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:10:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Hypothetically if bitcoins dropped 1% per day consecutively, how many days would it take before you sold your coins?
0-3 days
1 Week
1 Month
1 Year
Never

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Confidence / Loyalty to bitcoins  (Read 1232 times)
piuk (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 09:43:51 PM

Hypothetically if bitcoins dropped 1% per day (no bad news, no good news). how many days would it take before you sold your coins?

Please vote accurately. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 10:11:59 PM

My belief is this. I firmly trust that the core system of Bitcoin will prevail as long as there are node staying up to maintain the network. Therefore I will never turn off my client from my computer in the future and stand behind this currency unless I have good reason to believe that I can't trust the crypto techs used for Bitcoin no longer.

Hopefully, our dev team has enough foresight to stay ahead of the changing crypto and maintain Bitcoin's heading without swaying to outside influence throughout it's growth stages. I will do my part as participant and keep my node up no matter what till the end as to show my support.
Hans0

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 10:14:48 PM

bitcoin's price is determined in the short term only bit news stories and legislation. Short term events do not allow forecasts for the next 5 years => just ignore short term price.
piuk (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 08:31:41 AM

bump for more votes

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 10:32:12 AM

I voted NEVER. Bitcoins are everything, money (as we know it) is nothing.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:26:52 AM

While the moderate purchasing power I am likely to accrue from the increased price of Bitcoin price increase is pleasant, it's not my primary motivation for sticking with Bitcoin.

I genuinely believe that Bitcoin can change the world for the better, and don't intend to sell my coins at all.  I buy things with my coins.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:46:52 PM

I intend to take my bitcoins to the grave, or will them to my descendants.

The fact is, even if bitcoins "fail" (whatever that means,) they'll still be around. And considering what they are, and how they operate, they will still have some pretty amazing uses, even if supplanted by another, incompatible block chain that's superior in every way (Bitcoin 2, let's call it.)

Even if bitcoins somehow fell to a price of <$0.01USD again, I think the idea of it staying that low for the rest of my life is far-fetched. But even if it did, I wouldn't be concerned. If nothing else, at that price I'd just buy up every last one I could and make use of them myself. A credit-keeping system among my friends. As currency for an online game I would develop. Whatever.

A world-wide crackdown might stifle and suppress use of bitcoins so that it's practically never heard from again within the bulk of society. But make no mistake, until the internet becomes obsolete, bitcoin will NOT die.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:05:35 PM

I like the idea behind Bitcoins, and I like having them regardless of what the price happens to be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: