Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation  (Read 110928 times)
robotsoutofcontrol

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:27:48 PM

Actually that's not the case.  We are planning on doing a burn of much of the unswapped coins.  It is intended that some of the premine will go towards development costs and building out future functionality, that's correct. We have been quite open about that.

For about 2 years there was no work of any kind done on Tips. The wallets were unpatched and riddled with security holes. The price had at one point been in the top 50 cryptos, many years ago. After being abandoned it is well known what the price became.  There is currently a team of six that have worked almost full time for one year on Tips, rebuilding the coin, growing the community, doing marketing, outreach hosting and more.  All of this work has helped Fedora move a long way ahead from where it was one year ago.  It is, however, unfeasible to assume that this kind of work can continue. No work of any kind was being done on Tips until the community project volunteered to do so.

As for a reduction in supply - the quantity of coins is immaterial when it is the value that is the key.  The reduction is being done for one specific reason - to get the value to above a Satoshi, so that Tips can once again trade against BTC.  Please check out the website to learn more, and the more detailed roadmap on Trello

www.tipsco.in
https://trello.com/b/MWdyyCfA/fedora-coin-roadmap

Remember that the swap is entirely VOLUNTARY. If you don't wish to move your Tips to the new tech with the new features like privacy, faster times, new wallets, mobile/web, etc then you can stay on the original chain and keep using the legacy Tips wallets that we have built for the community.  We also ensured that several exchanges (Nova & Altilly) will keep trading the original Tips chain.

Nobody is being forced to do anything, please remember that.

Cheers,
Robots.

So checked the website but it's not clear if the swap has yet to start, ongoing or over. Since I hold several hundred million in a wallet, not on exchange, could you enlighten me if this is happening now and if so, how to go about it?

Hi R-J-F,

No the swap hasn't begun yet, it's commencing in the last week of September.  Apologies for the confusion on the website - we will update to improve the clarity ASAP. 

For private holders there's two options - you can deposit on an exchange like Nova, Coinexchange or Altilly before the swap happens.  They will convert the Tips for you to new Tips, then you download the new wallet and withdraw your coins.

The other option is to do it via the project team - we will have a swap page on the website where you can do it manually.  We figure people will probably prefer to do it via an exchange however but it's up to people who wish to do the swap (it is voluntary).

Cheers,
Robots.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Greg Choiplac

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:44:44 PM

Good morning,  Gotcha. Already read the website. One clever idea to this for all the investors to be fully aware that in crypto world there is no such guaranteed profit but all is a risk. Good job
Lingo.Lv

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:34:41 AM

Let's do it
robotsoutofcontrol

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:56:20 AM

Let's do it

Thanks Lingo!!  Grin
Cryptoid

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:05:54 AM

Unless TIPS has a dedicated development team to nurture it, it's ultimately going nowhere.
If you are against the swap, at least provide hard reasons why you are against it. Ad hominem attacks like "they are trying to steal money" are pointless and counter productive.

I'm "cautiously" for the SWAP and wish the best to Robots and his team.
robotsoutofcontrol

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:02:52 AM
Merited by R-J-F (4)

Unless TIPS has a dedicated development team to nurture it, it's ultimately going nowhere.
If you are against the swap, at least provide hard reasons why you are against it. Ad hominem attacks like "they are trying to steal money" are pointless and counter productive.

Hi Cryptoid!

Many thanks for your thoughts, we've been working pretty much full time a while now, and look forward to continuing!!  Grin

Cheers,
Robots.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:35:23 PM

I'm for it as well, I think this needs to happen to "reset" Tips. I am a little perturbed at the 50:1 ratio though. I spent a lot of time and energy mining what I have and that ratio is a hard pill to swallow. I would much prefer 25 or even 30 to 1. 50:1 is painful at best.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
RobbieRich

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:40:33 PM

wallet Not loading anymore : getting a message that reads
DisconnectTips failed to read block !
Anybody else ?
R-J-F

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:03:29 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2018, 04:09:17 PM by R-J-F

Anybody else ?

No but, sounds like you lost your network connection. Have you restarted it? If the Internet connection is OK then you can reinstall. Save your wallet.dat somewhere safe, delete the wallet, download latest version and install than swap your wallet.dat back in and restart. I'm sure there are other possible fixes like "rescan" but, this one covers it all... Just make sure your wallet.dat file is backed up in more than one place.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
RobbieRich

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:28:33 PM

Done that and seems to be working ! Thanks for the TIPS ....

Anybody else ?

No but, sounds like you lost your network connection. Have you restarted it? If the Internet connection is OK then you can reinstall. Save your wallet.dat somewhere safe, delete the wallet, download latest version and install than swap your wallet.dat back in and restart. I'm sure there are other possible fixes like "rescan" but, this one covers it all... Just make sure your wallet.dat file is backed up in more than one place.
R-J-F

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

Done that and seems to be working ! Thanks for the TIPS ....

Anybody else ?

No problem! If it helped, you can always send some Merit..  Grin

Abdi_Anthony

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:42:06 PM

Hey there! I would like to know how many coins will be sold during the ICO? When does the ICO start and end? How did you determine the number of coins to be sold?
LynettaDav

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:43:40 PM

What the website for this project? did not see any on the OP, i would like to join me to, looking forwards for great news from dev team
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 05:17:02 PM

Anybody else ?

U seem like a smart girl, and this is why I chose u for wisdom giving. Crypto wont be dependent on internet protocols such as http ftp and others, it will migrate to ur local storage and sit there like a hermit. A fragrant smell of a crucified roach will make u happy that u follow crypto and not spend ur day in a dirty kitchen with unshaven overfed wife of urs.

Toliver Ross

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:25:47 PM

As every one know that to stake the coin through the staking pool the staker dont need power,system,or other connectivity but if we want to stake the same coin with out using staking pool means do we need minimum coins to stake and we need system to run???
R-J-F

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:38:54 PM

Anybody else ?

U seem like a smart girl, and this is why I chose u for wisdom giving. Crypto wont be dependent on internet protocols such as http ftp and others, it will migrate to ur local storage and sit there like a hermit. A fragrant smell of a crucified roach will make u happy that u follow crypto and not spend ur day in a dirty kitchen with unshaven overfed wife of urs.

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? How about I give YOU some advice? Here's some wisdom for you, stay away from the keyboard when your smoking that good weed, drops your IQ WAY down...

PS: There are instances where power or network loss can corrupt a wallet, depends on the state. Very rare with network but, very usual with power loss.

Mike_Thuss

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:45:10 PM

The concept behind this plan is been sought after for a long time. That one will be able to walk to the street and buy all what they want. I am with you guys 100%
R-J-F

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:54:12 PM

As every one know that to stake the coin through the staking pool the staker dont need power,system,or other connectivity but if we want to stake the same coin with out using staking pool means do we need minimum coins to stake and we need system to run???

If your coin is POS, and you are staking in your wallet, you need to be connected to the Internet and the coin's Blockchain to stake. If you are mining a POW coin either in the wallet or with a miner, you also need an Internet connection to the coin's blockchain. You will also need to have a balance in your wallet to successful stake a POS coin.  If you are mining a POW coin you need a connection to the internet and the coin's blockchain. Simple.

R-J-F

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:54:58 PM

The concept behind this plan is been sought after for a long time. That one will be able to walk to the street and buy all what they want. I am with you guys 100%

GTFO!

RobbieRich

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:11:07 PM

Did what he said and works like a Charm again , whatever corrupted my block ....
And must say I like the way you write , almost poetic , rude but poetic ....

Anybody else ?

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? How about I give YOU some advice? Here's some wisdom for you, stay away from the keyboard when your smoking that good weed, drops your IQ WAY down...

PS: There are instances where power or network loss can corrupt a wallet, depends on the state. Very rare with network but, very usual with power loss.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: