Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation  (Read 110936 times)
myc066

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:48:22 PM

The only question and problem is why this person who are robbing the network after 10 days still doing that.
So why Dev still didn't stopped him ? and why Bter still accepting his stolen coins ?

There is NO dev per say, only 1) original team and 2) some individuals attempting to take over the coin for their own purposes.  Only "someone" with an "altered" wallet and some serious hash power could be disrupting the chain like has been happening.  Any names come to mind???

Anyone who has any interest in keeping this coin from being taken over by a single entity, and we all know who that is, should only be using the official 1.1.0.0 wallet.  I also suggest we rely less on the "larger" exchange and use the smaller exchanges.

P.S. To get things started, I'll pledge 1,000,000 TiPS and 2 LTC to the original "dev" team for programmer(s) who contribute to a real wallet update that includes some features that strengthen the security of the coin.  Psychodad, give me a wallet address(s), and I'll deposit them today. (to be returned if the wallet isn't updated   Smiley  )
One miner monopolize tips mining,If other miners(pools) find block,He will 51% attack, Then the block will change to orphan,Bter know the miner,I think bter let he do!This is why bter no tips lost .the bter doposit address ,EXv7WRqupUvgX1oGxHck7Uu2kGmnPNYrhP,The miner deposite tip 13 May.
Block  1282898 ,I think we  must prevent the attacker immediately,Fork from block 12900000,It is  hard to find DEV,But let tips blockchain explorer shop stop in 12900000,wait wallet updat,It will useful for tips.
The top 100 owners swap tip but remain tips,2 coin now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptoid

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:15:15 AM

The only question and problem is why this person who are robbing the network after 10 days still doing that.
So why Dev still didn't stopped him ? and why Bter still accepting his stolen coins ?

There is NO dev per say, only 1) original team and 2) some individuals attempting to take over the coin for their own purposes.  Only "someone" with an "altered" wallet and some serious hash power could be disrupting the chain like has been happening.  Any names come to mind???

Anyone who has any interest in keeping this coin from being taken over by a single entity, and we all know who that is, should only be using the official 1.1.0.0 wallet.  I also suggest we rely less on the "larger" exchange and use the smaller exchanges.

P.S. To get things started, I'll pledge 1,000,000 TiPS and 2 LTC to the original "dev" team for programmer(s) who contribute to a real wallet update that includes some features that strengthen the security of the coin.  Psychodad, give me a wallet address(s), and I'll deposit them today. (to be returned if the wallet isn't updated   Smiley  )
One miner monopolize tips mining,If other miners(pools) find block,He will 51% attack, Then the block will change to orphan,Bter know the miner,I think bter let he do!This is why bter no tips lost .the bter doposit address ,EXv7WRqupUvgX1oGxHck7Uu2kGmnPNYrhP,The miner deposite tip 13 May.
Block  1282898 ,I think we  must prevent the attacker immediately,Fork from block 12900000,It is  hard to find DEV,But let tips blockchain explorer shop stop in 12900000,wait wallet updat,It will useful for tips.
The top 100 owners swap tip but remain tips,2 coin now

Shame on BTER for allowing this person to trade coins from 51% attack.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:53:49 PM

There is NO dev per say, only 1) original team and 2) some individuals attempting to take over the coin for their own purposes.  Only "someone" with an "altered" wallet and some serious hash power could be disrupting the chain like has been happening.  Any names come to mind???

Anyone who has any interest in keeping this coin from being taken over by a single entity, and we all know who that is, should only be using the official 1.1.0.0 wallet.  I also suggest we rely less on the "larger" exchange and use the smaller exchanges.

P.S. To get things started, I'll pledge 1,000,000 TiPS and 2 LTC to the original "dev" team for programmer(s) who contribute to a real wallet update that includes some features that strengthen the security of the coin.  Psychodad, give me a wallet address(s), and I'll deposit them today. (to be returned if the wallet isn't updated   Smiley  )

Cryptoid, I appreciate your trust, thank you.
OK, so lets try to get something rolling. I have talked to a reputable dev* (ahmed) and he estimated the cost for forking the source to a POW/POS hardfork to 1 BTC. While this sounds a lot at current BTC rate, I mind you folks, everybody willing to do it reliably and supporting the community during the hardfork should stand up now and post his offer, else please do not argue about the price. 

I have asked the current dev-team around testbug what they think about it and I would like to ask here if this is an amount you guys think we could collect to pay ahmed for his work.

If you all think this should be done and i.e. 20 users are willing to donate 0.05 BTC to the cause we could get this done and defeat the malicious "Mallory" in this game.

Please note: I have no personal interest in this despite my love for TIPS as stated before, I will get no kickbacks from ahmed and if the community desires that I manage this fund collection I will manage this in the most transparent way possible (publishing all tx's etc.). I am more than happy though if another reputable member comes up for this task but I am ready to do it if the community wishes so.

As a little reward for those donating, I propose to mention everybody who donates (and wishes so) in the about dialog of the new wallet.

Please voice your opinions and if you want to donate, commit yourself to an amount. I'll make a start by committing myself to said 0.05BTC.

* In this place when people talk about a dev they mean a community a manager, I'd say that is testbug here. In my posting I mean a dev in an original sense, like a seasoned c/c++ developer.

Cryptoid

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:08:56 PM

OK, so lets try to get something rolling. I have talked to a reputable dev* (ahmed) and he estimated the cost for forking the source to a POW/POS hardfork to 1 BTC. While this sounds a lot at current BTC rate, I mind you folks, everybody willing to do it reliably and supporting the community during the hardfork should stand up now and post his offer, else please do not argue about the price.  

I have asked the current dev-team around testbug what they think about it and I would like to ask here if this is an amount you guys think we could collect to pay ahmed for his work.

If you all think this should be done and i.e. 20 users are willing to donate 0.05 BTC to the cause we could get this done and defeat the malicious "Mallory" in this game.

Please note: I have no personal interest in this despite my love for TIPS as stated before, I will get no kickbacks from ahmed and if the community desires that I manage this fund collection I will manage this in the most transparent way possible (publishing all tx's etc.). I am more than happy though if another reputable member comes up for this task but I am ready to do it if the community wishes so.

As a little reward for those donating, I propose to mention everybody who donates (and wishes so) in the about dialog of the new wallet.

Please voice your opinions and if you want to donate, commit yourself to an amount. I'll make a start by committing myself to said 0.05BTC.

* In this place when people talk about a dev they mean a community a manager, I'd say that is testbug here. In my posting I mean a dev in an original sense, like a seasoned c/c++ developer.

Count me in for 0.05 BTC (that brings the total to 0.10 BTC)

Same here, I'm not mining TiPS, and have no other interest than to see this coin do well for the long term.  Unless anyone objects, I'm fine with Psycodad holding the funds.  I suggest a periodic list with the amount each person has donated.

Psycodad = 0.05 BTC
Cryptoid = 0.05 BTC
etc...

I think we need to stipulate the funds go back to the owners after a set time if the update doesn't come to fruition... 6 moths/1 year...? any thoughts on the time frame?
Cryptoid

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:01:41 AM

is this coin associated with feather coin ?

Not as far as I know.
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:52:08 AM

I think multi-algo is a better choice than PoW/PoS.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:18:34 AM

Count me in for 0.05 BTC (that brings the total to 0.10 BTC)

Same here, I'm not mining TiPS, and have no other interest than to see this coin do well for the long term.  Unless anyone objects, I'm fine with Psycodad holding the funds.  I suggest a periodic list with the amount each person has donated.

Psycodad = 0.05 BTC
Cryptoid = 0.05 BTC
etc...

I think we need to stipulate the funds go back to the owners after a set time if the update doesn't come to fruition... 6 moths/1 year...? any thoughts on the time frame?

I absolutely agree with the timeframe, however I think it will be way shorter, more in the few weeks than months. If we get commitment for nearly 1 BTC in the next days, I'll talk to ahmed and nail him on a timeframe, add some reserve and will personally guarantee that either the wallet comes out within that timeframe or the funds get sent back to the donators.

So, before I start collecting funds, I will publish this guarantee timeframe after consulting with ahmed.

Does that sound acceptable?

Fedoracoin(TIPS)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:49:18 AM

I think update codebase and change the difficulty algo will solve the problem, no need to switch to pow/pos
fraggyb

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:55:56 AM

TiPS is back? Awesome! Was always one of my favourite coins back in the day  Grin Grin Grin
Cryptoid

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:21:06 AM

I absolutely agree with the timeframe, however I think it will be way shorter, more in the few weeks than months. If we get commitment for nearly 1 BTC in the next days, I'll talk to ahmed and nail him on a timeframe, add some reserve and will personally guarantee that either the wallet comes out within that timeframe or the funds get sent back to the donators.

So, before I start collecting funds, I will publish this guarantee timeframe after consulting with ahmed.

Does that sound acceptable?

Yes
Cryptoid

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:25:07 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2016, 10:15:55 PM by Cryptoid

I think update codebase and change the difficulty algo will solve the problem, no need to switch to pow/pos

More security features are needed than just codebase and change in difficulty.  The coin needs to be strengthened against attack.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:05:04 PM

I agree. Making a POS coin will put it in the line of 100's of other POS coins. Also, doing a swap is a mess.
himikk

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:48:02 AM

Enabled on hash-to-coins.com
RNOVAKOSKY

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:01:14 AM

Hello ppl...
I think this coin is turning into a shit coin
2 days here with dead network, I am leaving this coin for a while....
Work with it at your own risk.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:49:45 AM

Hello ppl...
I think this coin is turning into a shit coin
2 days here with dead network, I am leaving this coin for a while....
Work with it at your own risk.

Bye Bye

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
myc066

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:02:03 AM

Bter do it,This is why!
myc066

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:30:41 AM

There is NO dev per say, only 1) original team and 2) some individuals attempting to take over the coin for their own purposes.  Only "someone" with an "altered" wallet and some serious hash power could be disrupting the chain like has been happening.  Any names come to mind???

Anyone who has any interest in keeping this coin from being taken over by a single entity, and we all know who that is, should only be using the official 1.1.0.0 wallet.  I also suggest we rely less on the "larger" exchange and use the smaller exchanges.

P.S. To get things started, I'll pledge 1,000,000 TiPS and 2 LTC to the original "dev" team for programmer(s) who contribute to a real wallet update that includes some features that strengthen the security of the coin.  Psychodad, give me a wallet address(s), and I'll deposit them today. (to be returned if the wallet isn't updated   Smiley  )

I think update same as feather coin ,Keep pow and add check point ,It is fine,It will safe for tips.Can you find Dev? I would danate if tips do not change to POS
Bter instigate miner  do the attack,If we can update from block 12900000,The miner and bter will lost tips.
smarterhash

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:39:21 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 11:57:13 AM by smarterhash

I'll contribute .1 btc as long as the coin stays scrypt/pow

Smiley

and I could get the coin listed on Alcurex.com

perhaps we start a new block chain - with all coins in circulation made worthless.
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:58:16 PM

I think update same as feather coin ,Keep pow and add check point ,It is fine,It will safe for tips.Can you find Dev? I would danate if tips do not change to POS
Bter instigate miner  do the attack,If we can update from block 12900000,The miner and bter will lost tips.

The good news is: You don't need a dev to add checkpoints to TIPS, if you look at the source you will see how easy that is.
The bad news is: Checkpoints do not help the slightest. Please read about selfish mining to understand the problem.

If you want a src with newer and more checkpoints, I'll be happy to push my src tree to github. It really syncs faster and the getchainvalue call stops to be a cpu-hog. But that's all about it. Or why do you think a checkpoint in the past can avoid a fork in the future?

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:22:24 PM

I'll contribute .1 btc as long as the coin stays scrypt/pow

Smiley

and I could get the coin listed on Alcurex.com

perhaps we start a new block chain - with all coins in circulation made worthless.

The only viable defence that we have on the table is adding POS (additional to POW) right now. If somebody knows which part of i.e. the latest litecoin source could help defend against this attack, please tell us. If we do not now what that fix is, it is pointless to update the sources just to find out that TIPS is still vulnerable to the same attack. So if you know about a check or function in i.e. latest litecoin or bitcoin sources that can effectively battle this attack, please let us know!
Elsewise POW/POS is the solution on the table right now that certainly would make the attack harder.

I agree. Making a POS coin will put it in the line of 100's of other POS coins. Also, doing a swap is a mess.

We are talking about POW/POS hybrid, also the POS rewards could be rather low compared to the POW rewards. It is all about the network of honest miners (and stakers) being able to produce a longer valid chain than the attacker in the hidden can. I agree with you that most coins going POS dwindle in value. But given the POS reward is relatively small and the POW reward much higher, it might make a difference. Also the current attack could drive the price down in the long run way more than POS could ever be able to.

Whatever will be done, I would strongly suggest to go for static block rewards with a regular halving, i.e. 40k, halving annually, the POS reward could be 1/8 of the POW reward, just to throw up some figures. The unpredictable total supply is a PITA.

The diff algo is fine IMHO, it deals perfectly fine with multipools jumping on and off but I am open to hear which diff algo would change what exactly with regards to the current situation.

As it looks we now have the following commitments:
psycodad: 0.05BTC
cryptoid: 0.05BTC
smarterhash: 0.1BTC

I think the donators should be able to vote for things like reward structure, halving etc. proportional to their donation. Does that sound fair? (Not that it really matters as I think we will never come close to 1BTC)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: