Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:25:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kano vs Bitsyncom  (Read 15296 times)
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:04:53 AM

No, the deadline is March 1st and we are in the middle of February. 

In other words, they shift the goalposts back and forth when it's convenient for them. If you can't ship your fucking units in January, don't fucking say you're shipping in January. That was a hugely misleading move on their part.

They have not refused, they stated that they are not going too  and "no news is good news".

In other words, they have refused, and think refusing is a good thing.

"They" did not purposefully mess up their own pre-order.  Obviously things could of been better and there were bugs in the ecommerce process.   

What the fuck? Nobody purposefully messes up their own pre-orders. I'm only saying that they were incompetent because they somehow managed to fuck it up. And yes, it's their fault. They had multiple options for payment providers and they picked one which has apparently never handled anything close to this level of demand. If they did their research, they would have picked a provider that had actually done load testing. Online shop fronts should be a solved problem by now...

Again, they are choosing to spend their time resources on building and shipping unit over customer service with a self-admitted "small team"

I'm not suggesting that they should have spent hours upon hours talking to every customer. They must have a system for tracking orders (although it could be pen and paper, I guess. Technology is hard to use right?). It's not hard to have automatic email updates to customers when an order is in build, shipped etc. If they haven't gotten that far then they're fucking liars for suggesting that are building a dozen units per day. Maybe have a quick post every few days on here to keep track of overall progress. This wouldn't take even 1% of one team member's time; they could even do it while taking a shit.

Of course, they've taken the high level of demand as a license for shitting on the face of their customers instead. They know that even if they do that, many are still going to order. Yet, if BFL hasn't fucked up their chips, Avalon will be competing which a company that doesn't leave dark brown stains and a bad smell whenever you deal with them. Unless you troll them over boxes of fans.

Yes, there is no date and they have alluded to this in the newsletter.

Nice of them to be honest about their incompetence.

Anymore mis-representations for us?  Just because you are not happy doesn't mean you can make stuff up.   Be honest.

I don't think anyone really cares what I post about, but it's fun to aggressively take sides. There are enough with blind faith in Avalon (or paid off by them) on the other side to balance it out. Going by the thread title, you're basically expected to take a side.
nathanrees19

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:08:30 AM

You are a rude unpleasant and entitled person, I felt the summary portrayed you in a humorous light very well while being truthful.

I found it very misleading and only a little bit amusing.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 09:14:40 AM

You are a rude unpleasant and entitled person, I felt the summary portrayed you in a humorous light very well while being truthful.

Bah! It was a bath-house scene and there was no sex. All tease and no payoff. Boring.

As an aside, what the hell is an "entitled person"? Is this a Google Translate fail, or else what exactly is it to which kano is entitled?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 10:02:54 AM

Bah! It was a bath-house scene and there was no sex. All tease and no payoff. Boring.

As an aside, what the hell is an "entitled person"? Is this a Google Translate fail, or else what exactly is it to which kano is entitled?

Self Entitled means He/ She feels something is owed to him, all the time from everyone.

In this context I was referring to his not very subtle demands
Give me an ASIC for free because I code cgminer !
No ? fine I will throw an e-tantrum and slander you.

nathanrees19

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:41:33 AM

Self Entitled means He/ She feels something is owed to him, all the time from everyone.

No misrepresentation at all!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:46:04 AM

And yet again a fucking retard making up something that doesn't even exist.

You are arguing against me and implying shit about me based on delusions.
Seriously, not jokingly. You are delusional.

Where did I ever say that bullshit you quoted?
The answer is never.
Quote me or fuck off.

Fucking hell, a bunch of losers trying to make an argument against me, failing and then deciding to make shit up to cover the fact that they are indeed a bunch of losers with no argument.
At least quote something real.

Damn, I've seen people quote me and remove content to make it seem different to what I said.
At least they had the intelligence to actually quote something I said (even if it was out of context).

But again, seriously, making up shit and implying I said it - total fail and total delusion.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:52:06 AM

Actually I think it's quite amusing.
But I will add, that is all I see it as, an amusing quip against me to make me seem something I am not.

The problem is that this idiot SRoulette deludes himself that it's actually truthful ... in his own words Tongue
Based on? Nothing. He doesn't need to base anything he believes on reality, just someone said something funny, it must be true.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

And yet again a fucking retard making up something that doesn't even exist.

You are arguing against me and implying shit about me based on delusions.
Seriously, not jokingly. You are delusional.

Where did I ever say that bullshit you quoted?
The answer is never.
Quote me or fuck off.

Fucking hell, a bunch of losers trying to make an argument against me, failing and then deciding to make shit up to cover the fact that they are indeed a bunch of losers with no argument.
At least quote something real.

Damn, I've seen people quote me and remove content to make it seem different to what I said.
At least they had the intelligence to actually quote something I said (even if it was out of context).

But again, seriously, making up shit and implying I said it - total fail and total delusion.
Sort of an Inaba-ism.

Step 1: Quote me or it ain't true!

Step 2: Then someone quotes it.

Step 3: Respond by saying something akin to "Uh! But! I didn't actually mean what you quoted! You are misinterpreting my words! This is what I actually meant you <insert expletives here>."

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

@ Kano

In the last page alone you re-established (just like before) that you wanted something from Bitsyncom.

You are throwing a tantrum every other page. Page 0 (I believe) was you commenting on sodomy being performed on Jeff Garzik because "you can't get him to do what you want him to do".

Page 1 through <too bored to flip through it> is about you pestering and harassing Bitsyncom. Around which point he tells you to "fuck off" more than once.

Every time you don't get your way your nasty side comes out. Especially if people don't do what you want or expect.

-------------------------

You demand I fetch proof when you've already repeated (yet again) what you did half a moon ago. You are very episodic and cyclical.

At this point you are just using this thread to convince others of a different narrative of what happened:

That it didn't actually mean what you said....and which you readily reinforce every other page when you get pissed off.

Well, you'll probably convince at least yourself if you don't keep losing your temper and lose it every other page.You seem to have convinced Nathan. So you seem to be working your way to a delusional fabric.

-------------------------

Look, if I just ask you very specific questions,and get very specific answers, I am pretty sure I can nail you on the points fairly easily. If you try to avoid being nailed, you'll either come out of it making very absurd contortions of your supposed meaning or you'll fail apically in the process.

Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:49:24 PM

I see what Kan says a little differently. He and Con make CGMiner. It is their project. They fix things, improve things, and change things. Kano did state correctly that it is nearly impossible to actually test the fixes, improvements, and changes effect on Avalon without a test unit. Kano Could put in fixes that "Might" work but without testing Kano can't say they "Do" work.

As I remember it Kano asked for access to an Avalon (don't think he said shipped to him) for testing. Kano also asked for a copy of the changes made to CGMiner. All seemingly above board.

The problem seems to be that some people believe that they should make free money off Con and Kano's work. It is free software so you don't pay initially. Both developers work very hard to make CGMiner awesome. I personally really like it.

If Kano or Con have an issue with Avalon for:
(1) releasing with a version of CGMiner that wont stay up long enough without crashing.
(2) give no way for the actual DEVELOPERS to fix the issus. (No Source)
I see no issue with Kano and Con having and issue.

Their project is great. Bug fixes come out quickly after a bug is found. Changes are made to reduce CPU load and usually memory use frequently. The problem is without having a unit to write a driver using or source for a driver it is improbable that the bugfixes and updates will be available to Avalon customers.

If I had paid for an Avalon I would be pissed. The units require more power, are apparently impossible to ship outside of 2 people, and have no source code limiting the purchasers chance of getting access to the updates CGMiner puts out.

Maybe you can say Kano would like to have a unit for free. I would. Sadly when Kano gets a unit it isn't free. A unit shipped to Kano is a bill in that Kano spends time adding or fixing compatibility so that it will work optimally for CGMiner. Everyone that uses CGMiner gets the fruits of this labor. Not just Kano. Avalon customers would get very quickly to a unit running a stable release of CGMiner that wouldn't crash daily. Is it good for Avalon's customers to have a developer that will keep Avalon supported with the newest support. I think so. Would it be best to have a person that actually makes a large number of the changes to CGMiner's drivers able to actually test it before release. Again I think so.

Kano and Con had their project used in a for profit business. This is a fact. The source code is required to be released when said unit ships. Also a fact. The source code wasn't released then or at their next arbitrary date for release. Another fact. Essentially Con and Kano work for Avalon for free by supplying Avalons mining program. Without that miner it wouldn't work or Avalon would have had to make their own miner.

A bit off topic here but to possibly enlighten people to why I think Kano or Con might be deserving of some concideration.
When I was younger I had a competitve car stereo system. I selected the speakers, setup the amps and headunit. It was loud. When People rode with me I had only a couple of rules, 1 no country music, and 2 don't turn the volume up. You see I knew that my Subwoofer amp was a little hot for my subwoofers. I also knew where I could set the volume to witout melting voice coils. Now I could have dropped the sesitivity on the amp in question to make it impossible to actually damage the subwoofers but I didn't like the lack of balance. One day I had some friends riding with me and a person heard their favorite song. That person cranks up the volume and for less then 1 second the noise was deafening. (at the volume levels I usually ran it around 140+db) Then a pair of subwoofers stopped working all together. Once the proverbial somke cleared I had a bad attitude. See although I was planning on upgrading either way I hadn't saved the money up for the new Subwoofers. So I had months in front of me without the balanced sound I liked because someone played with a volume button.

More on topic You see Con and Kano can't fix a problem until it is located. Unlike in my story the CGMiner bugs are not normally located until a unit reaches a critical hashing rate or is put into a unit with very low memory. Now the Avalon units could work just fine but it will likely require Con and Kano to rewrite things. Their time is money. Now without a unit they can put out all the changes they want but it isn't a sure things that any changes will work with an Avalon. With an Avalon to test on the code in question would be easier to diagnose or at least check before releasing.

The part that makes me feel for both DEVs is that their project is floating out there not working like it should. This issue is compounded or will be when people start asking on the CGMiner thread for support for their Avalons. This free support likely won't be funded by Avalon. Now I am sure since Kano will help the guy doing the actual support it will be great. But I wouldn't call a DEV who by virtue of essentially stolen (violation of GPL) software is now required to help people get their expensive Avalons running greedy. He has given a lot of time to making peoples FPGA's and soon ASICS work. I bet he would get called worse asking for an hourly amount to fix problems for unsupported hardware too.

Now if it was my code I would likely be even more pissed. Someone going around castrating changes I made. Putting on a version that I know won't work correctly. And for the Coup de Gras that group forces me to support it for free. I would be livid. I would be incensed. I would likely say far worse then Kano has said. Possibly I would even say Avalon is not supported. But I am not involved. I just believe that Con and Kano are far underpaid for the work they do for essentially everyone.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
SRoulette

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 01:47:07 AM

But I will add, that is all I see it as, an amusing quip against me to make me seem something I am not.

The problem is that this idiot SRoulette deludes himself that it's actually truthful ... in his own words Tongue
Based on? Nothing. He doesn't need to base anything he believes on reality, just someone said something funny, it must be true.

If as you claim it is not true despite all evidence to the contrary you would have to agree that the characterization of you is indeed spot on.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 02:15:03 AM

If as you claim it is not true despite all evidence to the contrary you would have to agree that the characterization of you is indeed spot on.
No evidence.

P.S. I've given up replying to the other git for now coz he keeps saying the same thing over and over and providing no actual proof.
Coz there is none.

peetah

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 03:36:34 AM

Kano: I'll send you an Avalon for free. No strings attached. Based on the energy exerted on this thread, if half of it was used as positive energy on furthering the overall bitcoin cause, we're all gonna be winners. Now if you could pent up that energy for the meantime and save it for the future, we can take this thread out of the red.
SRoulette

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 03:55:07 AM

Kano: I'll send you an Avalon for free. No strings attached. Based on the energy exerted on this thread, if half of it was used as positive energy on furthering the overall bitcoin cause, we're all gonna be winners. Now if you could pent up that energy for the meantime and save it for the future, we can take this thread out of the red.

peetah are you a member of avalon ?

If so that is an extremely generous offer and very nice to see Smiley

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:40:24 AM

Send it to ckolivas.
cgminer

peetah

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:56:44 AM

peetah are you a member of avalon ?

If so that is an extremely generous offer and very nice to see Smiley

No. I'm just a buyer.

Compared to the landmark contributions made by both sides of the 'v.s.' to the community, I humbly admit I am indeed marginally generous  Grin
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 05:13:45 AM

It's the weekend as promised, CNY is ending and shipping is going to resume shortly after, in the mean time before this we got organized ( not really organizing source code but things like how we didn't initially have the repos on github so there was other misc related work. )

Here are the source codes

https://github.com/BitSyncom/cgminer
https://github.com/BitSyncom/cgminer-openwrt-package
https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-extras
https://github.com/BitSyncom/luci

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 05:18:01 AM

BRAVO! Grin Thanx!

Any chance of a batch 2 order confirmation spree in the near future?

BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 05:21:44 AM

BRAVO! Grin Thanx!

Any chance of a batch 2 order confirmation spree in the near future?

yes, we are getting to that once we secure a shipping channel, many business like us has items in custom bottle neck as CNY ends, so we expect some problems once custom reopen when holidays are over, once that's taken cared of, we'll get to batch #2.

SRoulette

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 05:26:27 AM

It's the weekend as promised, CNY is ending and shipping is going to resume shortly after, in the mean time before this we got organized ( not really organizing source code but things like how we didn't initially have the repos on github so there was other misc related work. )

Here are the source codes

https://github.com/BitSyncom/cgminer
https://github.com/BitSyncom/cgminer-openwrt-package
https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-extras
https://github.com/BitSyncom/luci

Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: