Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll Quickly Cash You Out w/ Paypal  (Read 1614 times)
cptmooseinc (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 06:39:34 PM

So I just made an $800 profit on cashing out my BTC, and I'm looking to keep the money flowing through the system.

If you've got BTC and want a quick cash out, PM me. I'll pay 97% of MtGox last, which I'll quote back to you when I reply to your PM. That quote will be valid for 1 hour after reply is sent. I work during the days in CST time zone, so most Txs will have to occur in the evening. If there is more interest in the service than the $800 I have committed for this, I can/will increase the amount available to $3500/week available to spend on cash outs.

Rules:
1.) You will have to either send first or we can ask for escrow service (preferably from johnthedong).
2.) You will receive a quote from me via PM valid for 1 hour after I reply.
3.) No, I will never send first.
4.) No, I won't sell you BTC for PPUSD.
5.) Paypal funds will be sent after the Tx reaches 3 confirmations in my wallet.
6.) Minimum amount I'll buy is 5BTC.
7.) After successful transaction, please left positive feedback in this thread to let others know I'm not some scumbag from Nigeria. Hahaha.

Please don't flame this post with all your hatred towards Paypal. This is an optional service I'm providing. If you don't want to use Paypal to cash out, then don't. This is just very easy and I really enjoy being involved in Bitcoins. I've had dealings on here with 420, TradeFortress, and theboss so far. I believe if you ask any of them, they'll tell you I'm a good guy. Johnthedong has also provided escrow for me once before, so I'm certain he'd help me again if asked. (:

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:02:44 PM

Are you sure you're not a scumbag from Nigeria?

</trolling>
Anyways, escrow is more-or-less pointless.  You can chargeback up to 180 days after the transaction takes place. 

cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:33:30 PM

I just want to provide an easy, quick way, at a decent rate, for people to cash out their BTCs. I'll have to do all the waiting for the funds to come down from MtGox, through Dwolla, into my bank account, and back into my Paypal (about a week and a half processes since you can't count weekends towards transfer days).

I wouldn't be making a killing off it, but I could make a decent return on my money while I wait for the stock market to enter a correction and allow me to buy back into some stock options at more attractive prices.

Thanks for the troll, though. Hahaha. I figured someone would eventually have to pull the trigger and say it. Feel free to try me out though danieldaniel. You'll get paid quick and you'll never see a reversal. I make money. I don't steal it.

antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:39:23 PM

well, what did you expect?
New user offering to buy irreversible currency with reversible currency? Check.
In a business field with lots of demand, and lots of scams? Check.

Sorry, dude, but you offer a transaction that a carder would offer the same way. Even if you're honest(giving you the benefit of the doubt) dealing in paypal would be absolutely high-risk right now, unless you agree to have someone escrow the btc you're buying for the full 180 days paypal allows chargebacks. Since that isnt going to happen, and would put you at the risk of exchange rates fluctuating, its high risk.

Besides, Bitinstant and others with a lot more reputation are already offering this service.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 11:47:19 PM

The service is already provided by eminently more trusted people. There is no niche to fill.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:49:03 PM

1.) You will have to either send first or we can ask for escrow service (preferably from johnthedong).
You can chargeback up to 180 days after the transaction takes place. 
I don't see a problem. Johnthedong just needs to hold the coins in escrow for 180 days before sending them to cptmooseinc.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:52:23 PM

BitInstant's fees are enormous. I'm a little new, but I'm serious about building a rep here. I asked for flames to just keep to themselves, because I know how it's looked upon here. I'm not expecting to be someone's everyday method of cashing out. If someone needs cash quick, though, I'm here to help. Believe what you want. I referenced names of reputable board members than you can inquire with before even coming to me. It's everyone's own choice what they do. I've been following BTC on and off for two years, it's just recently (early January) I decided to join this board and become more active in the community.

Offer is on the table, but please don't fill this thread with troll statements. Everyone knows the public's mass perception towards Paypal.

cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

You can chargeback up to 180 days after the transaction takes place. 
I don't see a problem. Johnthedong just needs to hold the coins in escrow for 180 days before sending them to cptmooseinc.

If I didn't think that BTC was nearing a hard correction, I wouldn't mind this. $20 will likely become a new floor for BTC after it tests it a few more times in 2013.

Now can we please stop flaming, guys? I don't buy a lot of stuff (backpacking Europe changed my mindset towards material possessions), so I'm not sure how else to build up trust here. :-/

cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:58:46 PM

Would you sell a bitcoin for $25 USD if I sent first and as a gift? I'm Canadian verified.

From my OP:

4.) No, I won't sell you BTC for PPUSD.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 02:30:15 AM

FYI: There are plenty of people who do this at spot price (no fees)
alex_fun

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 03:27:20 AM

At the spot hahaha who are they? Cheesy I might sell some to them Cheesy

antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 09:48:24 AM

BitInstant's fees are enormous. I'm a little new, but I'm serious about building a rep here. I asked for flames to just keep to themselves, because I know how it's looked upon here. I'm not expecting to be someone's everyday method of cashing out. If someone needs cash quick, though, I'm here to help. Believe what you want. I referenced names of reputable board members than you can inquire with before even coming to me. It's everyone's own choice what they do. I've been following BTC on and off for two years, it's just recently (early January) I decided to join this board and become more active in the community.

Offer is on the table, but please don't fill this thread with troll statements. Everyone knows the public's mass perception towards Paypal.

its not that I want to flame you, the problem is we have heard that "I want to build rep" so many times. Just think about sth that makes your service differ or gives us a reason to trust it.
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 04:06:13 PM

I just don't buy much and don't really know what else to do to build reputation. :-/

I have no desire to mine (as I could only make about $100/mo mining LTC with the cost of my electric), so I don't need to buy equipment off here. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My offer still stand though to cash people out. I've got the funds to constantly work all three channels of the system. It's not like I'd make a killing, but it's better than nothing until I'm ready to get back into Ameritrade to buy some more BAC options.

-Moose

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 05:55:39 PM

OT posts moved to :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142364.0

OP, you should probably build up some rep via safer trades like Dwolla before attempting a PayPal trade. As TheButterZone said,  there's numerous services out there who offer the same or better deal with a stronger reputation backing up their trades. A past thread I'm constantly reminded of while doing Paypal -> BTC trades: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83679.0
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 07:54:56 PM

How is Dwolla safer than PP? I thought PP, Dwolla, and Quickpay are all reversible??? I could do any of these three, though I prefer Paypal because they don't require me to keep the account stocked with cash (like Dwolla does) to instantly send cash. They front the amount and then take it back from my bank account. It's much easier that way. Dwolla could be an option, I'd just have to lock up funds in there and constantly wait for refills. :-/

If anyone is interested in Dwolla, though, I could do that. Just give me a heads up and I'll keep like $500 in there to start. Wish I would've thought about it before I transferred down my $1000 from MtGox yesterday to my bank account through them.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 01:09:06 AM

How is Dwolla safer than PP? I thought PP, Dwolla, and Quickpay are all reversible??? I could do any of these three, though I prefer Paypal because they don't require me to keep the account stocked with cash (like Dwolla does) to instantly send cash. They front the amount and then take it back from my bank account. It's much easier that way. Dwolla could be an option, I'd just have to lock up funds in there and constantly wait for refills. :-/

If anyone is interested in Dwolla, though, I could do that. Just give me a heads up and I'll keep like $500 in there to start. Wish I would've thought about it before I transferred down my $1000 from MtGox yesterday to my bank account through them.
PayPal's reputation is far worse as it allows credit cards. Dwolla is linked to bank accounts, so the fraud rates is lower.
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 11:55:41 AM

Ohhh. Ok. Did not know/think of that. So if I offered Dwolla, what kind of rates/terms would everyone like to see? I know I could do BTC -> or MtGoxUSD -> Dwolla if I did that.

Maybe I should test the waters in the BTC lending section too/instead, maybe? I think for that I'd only trust loaning to those with a semi-decent loan history. Not interested in BTCJam.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: