Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter to the CCC  (Read 12237 times)
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 11:11:18 AM

don`t you mean vorstand@ccc.de ?

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 02:48:06 PM

don`t you mean vorstand@ccc.de ?

I got the email address right anyway.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 06:16:11 PM

I been trying to talk to them, but the response is sporadic.

If anybody is in Germany and is willing to represent bitcoin, we might have a chance.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2010, 08:06:00 AM

Sending an email there and there, and I am still holding on to significantly amount of bitcoins....

(No real response from the CCC about bitcoin donations)

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2010, 10:08:41 AM

are you referring to those bitcoins that you colelcted for the CCC donation? how many BTC do we plan to donate?

Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

We're targeting charities and businesses - asking them to accept Bitcoin donations / payments - at http://BitcoinPromote.com

Someone said, "One charity at a time."

Why?  No way. 

We can email 100 at a time.   Each of us can email the entire LIST of organizations, until they finally concede and begin accepting Bitcoin (even if just to get us off their back! Smiley  )

Please give me the names of a dozen more organizations you'd like to see accept Bitcoin...
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2010, 06:08:08 PM

Someone said, "One charity at a time."

I am perhaps more afraid of promoting bitcoin and looking like a spammer more than you are.

But indeed, there's a purpose to my statement "One charity at a time". I want to raise a good amount of money for the charity that the bitcoin community donate to.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 30, 2010, 07:20:08 PM

... there's a purpose to my statement "One charity at a time". I want to raise a good amount of money for the charity that the bitcoin community donate to.

I think that's a good point. There's not much point signing up all the charities if no-one donates to them. It's more important to have successful bitcoin donees than to have lots of them.

Because I should practice what I preach, I've just sent another 10 BTC to the EFF, and I will try to remember to keep donating regularly.
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
December 01, 2010, 08:01:03 AM

Because I should practice what I preach, I've just sent another 10 BTC to the EFF, and I will try to remember to keep donating regularly.

I have been doing the same thing!   I think that this is an important point...  It's so EASY to donate with Bitcoin...  And we love to promote Bitcoin...  These charities (if they are worthy) will get many more donations... on an ongoing basis... once they sign up for Bitcoin.

Example:  

• I had never donated to EFF before.... although I had been meaning to for a long long time.  Now I have donated about 4 times recently!
  • I had never donated to Epic Change before.... although I had been meaning to for a long long time.  Now I have donated about 3 times recently!
  • I had never donated to Linux Mint before.... although I had been meaning to for a long long time.  Now I have donated for the first time, just today!

I'm telling you...  those of us in the Bitcoin community, who can afford to throw a few coins around, will be very generous with good causes.   I'm not worried about that.

We just need to get more organizations to sign up to RECEIVE our gifts.

We ARE getting them to sign up..... one by one.     Several have signed up, just because of me personally contacting them!

Who else should I add to the http://bitcoinpromote.com list to target?
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2010, 02:13:51 PM

Any German speaker here?

I figure I might have better response if a German speaker write in German to the organization at vorstand@ccc.de.

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2010, 02:36:12 PM

I guess none of us Germans here in the forum are CCC-related.

Maybe we need some official representants for these jobs.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2010, 02:55:07 PM

I seen no Germans here try to contact the CCC.

I did propose sending a bitcoin representative to one of their conference.

Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2010, 08:21:29 PM

How about the Ludwig von Mises Institute (mises.org)?  I'm going to be there in a couple of weeks, so perhaps I can talk to them in person about this.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
tyler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 12:59:18 AM

How about the Ludwig von Mises Institute (mises.org)?  I'm going to be there in a couple of weeks, so perhaps I can talk to them in person about this.

That sounds awesome. they should open up a donation address for bitcoin. I think theres a lot of us who would donate to mises
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 01:27:30 AM

That sounds awesome. they should open up a donation address for bitcoin. I think theres a lot of us who would donate to mises

I just added Mises to http://bitcoinpromote.com   Please write to every organization listed there.  Their email addresses are listed for your convenience.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 01:30:36 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2010, 07:36:44 PM by kiba

If you are German, pretty please send an email to vorstand@ccc.de?

EDIT: Fix spelling.

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 12:08:52 PM

If you are German, pretty please send an email to vostrand@ccc.de?

ewww, the second time. it`s called Vorstand
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=Vorstand

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 03:32:11 AM

Help...me...please!

BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 04:50:40 PM

If you are German, pretty please send an email to vorstand@ccc.de?
mail sent:
Sehr geehrte Chaoten,

die Bitcoin Community begrüsst Eure Bemühungen zum Schutz der elektronischen Freiheit.
Ihr helft mit, das Internet von Zensur und unnötiger Intervention freizuhalten.
Wir wissen das sehr zu schätzen und möchten Euch daher unterstützen.

Bitcoin < http://www.bitcoin.org > ist ein junges, quelloffenes Peer-to-Peer Krypto-Währungssystem. Es ist unter der MIT Lizenz verfügbar.

Das Bitcoin-Netzwerk ist auch ohne zentrale Institution in der Lage, sicher zu stellen, dass ein Benutzer nur die Bitcoins versenden kann die er auch tatsächlich besitzt. Niemand ist in der Lage, Konten zu sperren, Guthaben einzufrieren, Zahlungen zu verhindern, oder einfach rückgängig zu machen. Transaktionen können weltweit ohne größere Verzögerung stattfinden und sind in der Regel kostenfrei.

Erfunden wurde das System von Satoshi Nakamoto und mittlerweile wird es von zahlreichen Unternehmen und Einzelpersonen rund um den Globus aktiv verwendet, tendenz steigend. Man kann Bitcoins bereits gegen den US-Dollar, Euro, Yen, oder den Rubel eintauschen -- oder sie erwerben.

Wir haben erst kürzlich einige hundert Bitcoins (BTC) an die EFF gespendet.
Jetzt haben wir vor, auch Euch Bitcoins zu spenden, zu diesem Zweck haben wir schon eine kleine Sammlung gestartet.

Wir sind uns sicher, dass Euch viele weitere individuelle Spenden erreichen werden, wenn Ihr Euch einfach eine eigene Bitcoin-Adresse erstellt und Euren Besuchern mitteilt, dass von Euch Spenden in Form von Bitcoins akzeptiert werden.
Ein dezentrales, pseudo-nymes System zur Übertragung von Spenden schützt außerdem die Privatsphäre der Spender und garantiert, dass das Geld, unabhängig von den Interessen eines Bezahlsystem-Betreibers, da ankommt, wo es gebraucht wird, undzwar vollständig.

Damit unsere gesammelten Spenden (bereits über 600BTC) genau da ankommen, wo sie hin sollen, nämlich bei Euch,
bräuchten wir nurnoch Eure Bitcoin-Addresse.
Eine aktive Teilnahme am P2P-Netzwerk ist zum erstellen einer solchen Addresse zwar nicht zwingend erforderlich, man kann dies auch über verfügbare Webservices machen, aber Ihr seit ja nicht umsonst der CCC, also testet am besten selbst und macht Euch schlau, der Quellcode ist offen.

Solltet Ihr Fragen, oder Probleme haben, steht Euch die gesamte (meist englisch-sprachige) Bitcoin Gemeinschaft jederzeit mit Rat und Tat
im Forum < http://bitcointalk.org >, oder im IRC channel #bitcoin-dev im FreeNode Netzwerk zur Seite.
Wir würden uns freuen, von Euch zu hören.

Und solltet Ihr Euch entscheiden, Bitcoin als Zahlungsmittel zu akzeptieren, was wir natürlich inständig hoffen,
teilt uns bitte umgehend Eure Bitcoin Addresse mit, damit wir die von uns für Euch gesammelten Bitcoins auch endlich loswerden können.

Wenn Ihr Euch jedoch, aus welchen Gründen auch immer, dagegen entscheidet, teilt uns auch das bitte umgehend mit,
damit wir den gesammelten Erlös an die Spender zurückgeben, oder damit andere Projekte unterstützen können.

Vielen Dank für Eure Aufmerksamkeit

Es grüßt herzlich
die Bitcoin Community

PS: eines unserer englisch-sprachigen Mitglieder hat vor einiger Zeit bereits versucht, Kontakt zu Euch aufzunehmen,
leider mit sehr 'sporadischer Resonanz', daher auf diesem Wege ein zweiter Versuch auf deutsch, wir hoffen, Ihr empfindet dies nicht als Spam.

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 07:55:38 PM

any update on this topic ?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: